Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 PM

Eternal

Default Kul'tiras is on the Cataclysm map?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...79/Azeroth.jpg

No, I was wrong...the blue patch is Vash'jir, apparently. Sorry!

Last edited by Eagan; 07-14-2010 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Proven wrong. Added a question mark for speculation purposes.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

The big, blue patch?

If so, holy crap, Kul'Tiras is huge.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 PM

Warden

Um, no it's not

If you're talking about those two red islands near Gilneas, they're way too small. The blue blob is Vash'jr
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 PM

Elune

What is Vash'jr doing in Kul'tiras' seat?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Eternal

the little islands are Tol Barad, I'm guessing
Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Is Zul'Dare in beta?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:42 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I think that big blue patch is Vashj'ir. As for those little islands, they'll probably turn out to be Tol Barad, annoyingly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-14-2010, 12:48 AM

Elune

Oh wait, they said Kul'tiras floated away a bit so I guess that might not be Kul'tiras. I still think Vash'jr is way too close to the mainland. As for those two small pieces of land, aren't they too far away to be Tol Barad? Plus Tol Barad is one island. I would think those islands are either the Channel Islands or Zul'Dare. Plus Crestfall is missing.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 AM

Arch-Druid

It's definitely Tol Barad.

However, since these isles were also moved by "tectonic plates shifting", it's likely that Kul'Tiras will be added west of them some day.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

It's definitely Tol Barad, during the Alpha a clone island of the battleground was placed in that same location.

What I wonder is why Lost Isles aren't on the Kalimdor map: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...9/Kalimdor.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
What is Vash'jr doing in Kul'tiras' seat?
Messing with our lore.

Well, they said tectonics plates moved and whatnot.

In part, I like it, because now, if I move Kezan a bit, too, we get a perfect Kezan vs Kul Tiras setting. Something like clock-tectonic-movement could explain it, supposing Vashj'ir was originally west of Silverpine Forest.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 07-14-2010, 05:11 AM

Eternal

I hate that the Baradin Bay is soooo small in WoW (though they could probably fit Tol Barad in it anyway, I dont see the reason to move it) - especially after having recently played Warcraft 2 where so many important battles are around that area.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 AM

Elune

I still think all the area surrounding Gnomeregan north, west and south should be removed, it's empty wasted space, and it's eating the space for the Baradin Bay.

Also, who doesn't want Gnomeregan submarine docks?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Also, who doesn't want Gnomeregan submarine docks?
That actually makes sense
Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 AM

Eternal

I figured that since their are TWO little islands, either one must be Kul'tiras. Or, the blue patch is Kul'tiras which would make it huge. The smaller of the two little islands is in fact Tol Barad, the other doesn't exist right now.

It is hard for me to believe that is Vash'jir...that appears a bit too close to the coast, honestly.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:

In part, I like it, because now, if I move Kezan a bit, too, we get a perfect Kezan vs Kul Tiras setting. Something like clock-tectonic-movement could explain it, supposing Vashj'ir was originally west of Silverpine Forest.
I was under the impression that Kezan blew up. I don't know what that means for the Undermine or Goblins other than the Bilgewater folks, but...hmm....
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I figured that since their are TWO little islands, either one must be Kul'tiras. Or, the blue patch is Kul'tiras which would make it huge. The smaller of the two little islands is in fact Tol Barad, the other doesn't exist right now.
I find it very doubtful one of the two islands is Kul'Tiras. It is simply way too small. I can see Kul'Tiras being about the between half or simply the full size of Gilneas.
Quote:
It is hard for me to believe that is Vash'jir...that appears a bit too close to the coast, honestly.
It may be hard to believe but it most certainly is Vashj'ir. The blue patch has the exact same shape as the overall map of Vashj'ir. And it is blue to denote it is an underwater zone.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM

Elune

Pretty sure it's not Kul Tiras. the small waves on its surface and its blue color pretty much indicate that it's submerged under the water and also remember that Vashj'ir is a huge underwater zone. So those people saying that it's definitely Kul Tiras like they know that for a fact, I think will be a bit disappointed.

I'm just saying.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Pretty sure it's not Kul Tiras. the small waves on its surface and its blue color pretty much indicate that it's submerged under the water and also remember that Vashj'ir is a huge underwater zone. So those people saying that it's definitely Kul Tiras like they know that for a fact, I think will be a bit disappointed.

I'm just saying.
I agree with you now, I edited my first post...I was a bit hasty, but a bit excited too.

Though, I do have to say Vash'jir looks like it is right where Kul'tiras should be....connections or retcon?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
I agree with you now, I edited my first post...I was a bit hasty, but a bit excited too.

Though, I do have to say Vash'jir looks like it is right where Kul'tiras should be....connections or retcon?
Vashj'ir now is where Kul Tiras used to be. Mind you, key word: used to. It's no longer there, Cataclysm caused Kul Tiras to drift away further into the sea.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

It's extremely lame the amout of areas that should exist but don't. Stuff like Kul'tiras... sailing away... and being replaced by an underwater zone is really lame, specially when places RIGHT BY IT like Tor'Barad and Zul'Drak exist.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Vashj'ir now is where Kul Tiras used to be. Mind you, key word: used to. It's no longer there, Cataclysm caused Kul Tiras to drift away further into the sea.
Yes, but how did the vast underwater city exist under a landmass for all that time? Did it move too? It all is rather odd, if you ask me.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Yes, but how did the vast underwater city exist under a landmass for all that time? Did it move too? It all is rather odd, if you ask me.
My favorite part is where they tried to use tectonic plates all science like to explain it in their fantasy world, except... apperently these Azerothian tectonic plates are entirely magical, because well... tectonics just don't work that way...
Old 07-14-2010, 08:12 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
It's possible that Vashj'ir didn't exist 'under Kul Tiras'. Perhaps plates shifted and both of them had different locations than their current ones.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havard View Post
It's possible that Vashj'ir didn't exist 'under Kul Tiras'. Perhaps plates shifted and both of them had different locations than their current ones.
Atleast with the Isle of Dread they just sunk it and showed the location of the sinking.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Quoting myself, no matter you were already answered:

Quote:
Something like clock-tectonic-movement could explain it, supposing Vashj'ir was originally west of Silverpine Forest.
There you have .

Also, tectonics work if you consider they were empowered by all the energy from the Cataclysm. If one landmass is pressed to move to one direction, and another one near it is pressed to move to the opposite, those landmasses could switch positions without affecting the location of the remaining landmasses surrounding them.

If you're interested, I had a lot of discussion about tectonic plates and how they work at the Old Kalimdor geography thread http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...?t=6815&page=5 .