Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Elune

Default Shandris Feathermoon and Orgrimmar

As of late I've noticed numerous mentions of players kiting Shandris Feathermoon from Feralas to Orgrimmar. From the sounds of things, she was unleashing devastation on the level of Kazzak of old. Never really got around to watching videos of it until now.

She's an Elune sactioned beam weapon. To be fair, some of how impressive it is is due to how packed players are there, but still...that's some annihilation.

Makes me wonder what other NPCs could be kited for similar events. Always nice to see players doing something like this now and again (I still remember seeing Kazzak storm through Stormwind. Oh how fun that was).
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I'm more interested in that her beam ability is also arcane. It lends credence to the fact that Elune has something to do with arcane magic.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Site Staff - Admin

In before the inevitable hotfix that ruins the fun for everybody.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
In before the inevitable hotfix that ruins the fun for everybody.
Sadly. While I do understand how disrupting this can be, its a pity that things like this get fixed. Adds fun to the game.

As for the Arcane thing, I had forgotten about that. Were there any questions about Elune asked at the last CDev? Can't recall off the top of my head but I'm sure one of us (or someone else) had to have asked. Hope they pick one of those so we can get some more info on her.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:01 PM

Demon Hunter

Hmmm anyone for alliance to kite? Maybe someone in twilight highlandds?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:16 PM

Arch-Druid

there's one thing about which i'm sad i didn't play WoW back in vanilla - and that's that troll plague. it's a phenomenon that was studied by RL epidemiologists.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
there's one thing about which i'm sad i didn't play WoW back in vanilla - and that's that troll plague. it's a phenomenon that was studied by RL epidemiologists.
Hah, yes, I remember that.

It was really something else. Logging in to Ironforge to find myself knee deep in skeletons, and the streets utterly empty except for a few people who suddenly keel over and die. That was a great bug.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Sadly. While I do understand how disrupting this can be, its a pity that things like this get fixed. Adds fun to the game.

As for the Arcane thing, I had forgotten about that. Were there any questions about Elune asked at the last CDev? Can't recall off the top of my head but I'm sure one of us (or someone else) had to have asked. Hope they pick one of those so we can get some more info on her.
Elune being arcane in nature is one of my pet theories so I asked it, don't think it'll be answered, though.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Elune being arcane in nature is one of my pet theories so I asked it, don't think it'll be answered, though.
Isn't the ability Starfall by Tyrande and the other Priestess of the Moon based on arcane? If so the connection arcane - Elune might not be that farfetched?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:46 PM

Eternal

I think that people must be awfully bored of wow to do something like this.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:46 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Has anyone tried taking Orhan Ogreblade to Theramoore yet? my Alliance characters are level 40 and 25 so It'll be awhile before I can make the attempt myself.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
Isn't the ability Starfall by Tyrande and the other Priestess of the Moon based on arcane? If so the connection arcane - Elune might not be that farfetched?
Not to mention that the moonwells are powered by leylines- a source of arcane power. And Elune was said to have some sort of relationship with the WoE.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Not to mention that the moonwells are powered by leylines- a source of arcane power. And Elune was said to have some sort of relationship with the WoE.
Also, I remember that en "Stormrage", it's stated that the "mana" is a gift of Elune to Azeroth.

So, yes... Elune has something to do with rcane magic.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
I thought Moonwells tapped the WoE?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Also, I remember that en "Stormrage", it's stated that the "mana" is a gift of Elune to Azeroth.
Not quite. Here’s the quote:

“That concern had turned worse when a dryad named Shael’dryn had come to them after fleeing her moonwell. The wells—bound to the magic of nature and the light of Elune—were places of healing for both the land around them and those who drank of their waters. Magi and other spellcasters could even refresh their mana, a gift of the Mother Moon to Azeroth’s other defenders.”

That is not saying that mana is a gift from Elune, it is saying that the replenishing effect of the Moonwell is the gift.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I think that people must be awfully bored of wow to do something like this.
Its something thats been done since Vanilla though. Its almost tradition to try and kite things.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Its something thats been done since Vanilla though. Its almost tradition to try and kite things.
I more amazed at the path they would have to take. I doubt they cold kite her through Thousand Needles, and there is no way to cross the chasm if your coming from the Southern Barrens. The only path I can think of is Feralas>Desolace>Stonetalon>Ashenvale>Northern Barrens>Orgrimmar. That is alot more impressive than kiting Kazzak from the Blasted Lands to Stormwind, all things considered.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Sorry in advance for the double-post. Anyway, I just so happen to be playing a Balance Druid alt right now, and I have to say that Omacron's theory is starting to make alot of sense to me. If one accepts that premise of the Balance tree is to counter the Arcane spells that are used with Nature spells so as to avoid the addiction to Arcane magic, it is not at all outside the realm of possbility.

On the Arcane side you have very direct, damaging spells that seem to deal with the heavens at night (stars and moon). However every unique and powerful Balance ability is Nature (Roots, Insect Swarm, Typhoon) and all of their Healing spells are as well. The Arcane element of the tree is very important and causes the most damage, but those spells take longer to cast and are available on long-cooldowns. Is this because the Moonwells contain such limited amounts of the WoE's Arcane power that their simply isn't a way for a Druid (who is very concerned about not being corrupted by it) to wield more of it at any given time???
Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
Sorry in advance for the double-post. Anyway, I just so happen to be playing a Balance Druid alt right now, and I have to say that Omacron's theory is starting to make alot of sense to me. If one accepts that premise of the Balance tree is to counter the Arcane spells that are used with Nature spells so as to avoid the addiction to Arcane magic, it is not at all outside the realm of possbility.

On the Arcane side you have very direct, damaging spells that seem to deal with the heavens at night (stars and moon). However every unique and powerful Balance ability is Nature (Roots, Insect Swarm, Typhoon) and all of their Healing spells are as well. The Arcane element of the tree is very important and causes the most damage, but those spells take longer to cast and are available on long-cooldowns. Is this because the Moonwells contain such limited amounts of the WoE's Arcane power that their simply isn't a way for a Druid (who is very concerned about not being corrupted by it) to wield more of it at any given time???
Don't forget the sun too now, my theory is that balance the natural and cosmic powers rather than just arcane and nature

Maybe that would've been a good question for the askcdev, ask them to explain the balance druid

Last edited by Ashendant; 02-21-2011 at 05:51 PM..
Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Maybe that would've been a good question for the askcdev, ask them to explain the balance druid
I thought that balance druids using arcane, as well as the other abilities people mentioned were just game mechanics.

And while the Elune--Arcane link kinda makes sense, it doesn't, at the same time.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeku View Post
I thought that balance druids using arcane, as well as the other abilities people mentioned were just game mechanics.

And while the Elune--Arcane link kinda makes sense, it doesn't, at the same time.
Elune doesn't make a lot of sense, really. She's one of the few "mysteries" left in Warcraft.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:40 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Elune doesn't make a lot of sense, really. She's one of the few "mysteries" left in Warcraft.
Old God with differing aesthetics.

...at least that is what I think.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Old God with differing aesthetics.

...at least that is what I think.
We've had an Eye old god, a Mouth old god...

Obviously Elune is the TITTY old god.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Chimaera

Quote:

Then when they bathe in her moonlight... and moonwells...

I need to roll a Night Elf now.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:

The if Ula-tek is "really" a old god, what of the five sense she would represent? Touch/skin?