Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 09-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Basically, with Heroes of the Storm 2.0 they created "Master Skin" versions of some old skins. Some are more elaborate, others not as much.

For example, there is Robot Kael'thas as well with a lot of similarities to Steampunk Kael'thas.
That explains it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:25 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Basically, with Heroes of the Storm 2.0 they created "Master Skin" versions of some old skins. Some are more elaborate, others not as much.

For example, there is Robot Kael'thas as well with a lot of similarities to Steampunk Kael'thas.
They also made a bunch of skins that were just slight alterations of heroes' base models. For example: Chen / Brewmaster Chen, Kharazim / Berserker Kharazim, and Sylvanas / Warchief Sylvanas.

Basically, with the new progression and cosmetic system in 2.0 they had the opportunity to start putting out a lot more skins that are similar to pre-existing ones; prior to 2.0, every skin (aside from the base and Master ones) had to be specifically purchased with real money, either by itself or as part of a bundle, and back in those days, I doubt many people would have bothered to spend money just to get a Chen skin where the only noticeable difference is that he wears his hat on his head instead of on his back. To be clear, I don't personally dislike this; I rather like Berserker Kharazim, for instance.

Of course, something that I intensely dislike is that with each tint now being considered a separate skin they've also started crapping out dozens of new tints on old skins every single post-2.0 content patch, but that's a different discussion (and one could argue that it was inevitable as soon as Blizzard announced the skin changes in 2.0).

Avatar is taken from artwork by Rafael Zanchetin.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 AM

Glaive Thrower

Since no one has posted it yet:

The HGC stream is currently live. Looks like the new stuff, whatever it is, will be announced after the current series is done.

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Old 09-15-2017, 09:54 AM

World Builder

Russian Omnichunter Varian, huh, did not expect that

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Ana and Junkrat

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-15-2017, 12:46 PM

Glaive Thrower

Ana will be a ranged Support based around skillshots. No information on Junkrat yet.

Edit: New skins, mounts, sprays, banners, and portraits can be seen in this Inven Global article.

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles...w-battleground

Notable things that weren't in the trailers or teasers include Shrike Ana, Destroyer D.Va (nice meme, Blizzard), Celestial Raptor, Invisible Horse, and a bunch of Pachimari emojis, sprays, and portraits to go with the event.

Edit 2: PTR will be up on Monday.

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 09-15-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Old 09-15-2017, 03:33 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Looks like Ana's R2 will be a skillshot with hinterlands blast range that either does a lot of damage or healing to the first person it hits. Everything else will just be a copypaste of her OW kit like the rest of them.

I'm really kind of hoping they make Junkrat play similar to Ziggs, and if they do I'll be spending a lot of time on him even though I barely play him in OW.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Glaive Thrower

For some reason this went up on Facebook around 8 hours before it became available on YouTube. Hopefully that doesn't became a trend.

Anyway, Blizzard is trolling us again with that end part of Genji and D.Va the Destroyer killing Diablo (on Hanamura, no less).

Edit:

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 09-18-2017 at 11:52 AM..

Tags
balls, blizzard, eye of kilrog, glorious polygon butt, glöryis2sweden, inevitable pyroblast doom, moba