Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #56826  
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Marthen's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Far, far away...
Posts: 4,470

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
It must be terrifying to be a right-winger. They have intense levels of paranoia and magical thinking right now. They think the country is somehow ruled by a shadow cabal of left-leaning evil. Anything they don't like is because of "those librul professors" or "those librul scientists" or "the librul media" or "the librul cat down the road." Their only solution is to talk to the voices they hear in their head by praying and to keep voting for whomever the TV and radio tells them to. Do you think they check for liberal monsters hiding under their beds at night?
It truly seems like a mental illness.
Haven't you just described what your Left thinks of any Republican establishment, especially Trump's? I am not sure what are you trying to convey here?
Reply With Quote
  #56827  
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...nate-seat.html

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better him than Kid Rock.
Reply With Quote
  #56828  
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,143

Default

Reply With Quote
  #56829  
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 7,578

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I don't know who you're talking to, honestly, because I've been terrified since Trump got the Republican nomination. But the guys who like Trump the most? They don't care about praying so much, and they tend to scorn what the T.V. and radio says because the T.V. and radio people are part of that conspiracy. So maybe you're not referring to me, or maybe you're not referring to them.

Who knows, right? This is what I get for not drinking.
You're confusing city right-wingers (like those here on this forum; a small minority) with rural right-wingers (most of them). They're still very religious. Also note that the "evil media" narrative manages to exempt Fox News, Sinclair Broadcasting stations, and all the right-wing talk radio stations that have their inky tendrils spreading across the nation.

[edit]

And in the news, someone let a dictator come here and give a speech (assumably because our president idolizes him). When people in the audience protested, his goons roughed them up. This is the second time this evil dictator has had his people rough up protesters. The last time they were confirmed American citizens. I won't be surprised if it turns out the same this time. If we're lucky, we'll see them arrested again. If we're really lucky, our failure of a president won't apologize for it like he did last time.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09...ch-in-nyc.html
__________________

Last edited by Kakwakas; Yesterday at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #56830  
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,803

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
You're confusing city right-wingers (like those here on this forum; a small minority) with rural right-wingers (most of them). They're still very religious. Also note that the "evil media" narrative manages to exempt Fox News, Sinclair Broadcasting stations, and all the right-wing talk radio stations that have their inky tendrils spreading across the nation.
Well, Trump embodies the city right-winger. (The city right-wingers are probably also where the random antisemitism comes from.)

Last edited by BaronGrackle; Yesterday at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #56831  
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, Trump embodies the city right-winger. (The city right-wingers are probably also where the random antisemitism comes from.)
Trump embodies a lot of former Democrats. Republicans used to win the middle/upper classes and the Democrats the lower and working class. The Democrats pretty much pushed the working class out of the party and have a bunch of direct beneficiaries of government activism to replace them.
Reply With Quote
  #56832  
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 7,578

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

"The federal government on Friday told election officials in 21 states that hackers targeted their systems before last year’s presidential election."
"The AP contacted every state election office to determine which ones had been informed that their election systems had been targeted. While not all responded immediately, the others confirming they had been targets were Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington."
https://apnews.com/cb8a753a9b0948589cc372a3c037a567
So far Arizona and Illinois have confirmed breaches.
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/22/552956...ussian-hacking
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56833  
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, Trump embodies the city right-winger. (The city right-wingers are probably also where the random antisemitism comes from.)
Trump is pretty stereotypical classic NYC liberal
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."
Reply With Quote
  #56834  
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

See a business owner and a veteran are the kind of real experts I want to see in government.

Reply With Quote
  #56835  
Old Today, 12:27 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 7,578

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Republicans are trying to cut military benefits again.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...by-senate.html
It looks like the main cut they're making would be getting rid of dependant-rate mil-to-mil BAH. Since probably none of you understand that, I'll explain...
As long as you're not living in military quarters, the military gives you money to pay rent (which varies by location of the base to account for housing prices), and the higher ranking you are, the more money you get for it. If you have dependents (children or non-military spouse), you also get more BAH to account for that. If you're married to someone else in the military like I was ("mil-to-mil"), then you both get the "single rate" BAH since you really don't have dependents. If a mil-to-mil couple has a child, however, the higher-ranking spouse gets dependent-rate BAH while the lower-ranking one keeps single-rate BAH. The RNC is trying to make it so that mil-to-mil couples get single-rate BAH regardless of any other circumstances. They estimate this could save $52mil of the $600bil military budget.
I'm also hearing that they're trying to turn BAH and BAS into taxable income, too. I hope they don't do that to GI Bill BAH.

Support our troops. Vote against Republicans.
__________________

Last edited by Kakwakas; Today at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56836  
Old Today, 06:12 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,751

Default

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/23/p...nba/index.html

Trump is dogwhistling again

Very tired of no degree of protest being allowed, all people want is for them to be quiet and out of the way
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #56837  
Old Today, 06:30 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/23/p...nba/index.html

Trump is dogwhistling again

Very tired of no degree of protest being allowed, all people want is for them to be quiet and out of the way
Surely you arent saying people shouldnt be punished by their jobs for their political opinions, are you?

Because I remember someone on this board pointing out whats acceptable or not is purely subjective and that its a dangerous path to go down.

I dont remember who that incredibly smart and handsom fellow was, but boy howdy he sure called it.
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."
Reply With Quote
  #56838  
Old Today, 06:35 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Surely you arent saying people shouldnt be punished by their jobs for their political opinions, are you?

Because I remember someone on this board pointing out whats acceptable or not is purely subjective and that its a dangerous path to go down.

I dont remember who that incredibly smart and handsom fellow was, but boy howdy he sure called it.
I believe there is a difference between a silent protest, and marching in support of genocide. I believe there is a also a huge difference when the president has to basically have his arm twisted to even acknowledge the latter and still calling them "fine people", yet then demand the termination of the former with no provocation or asking his opinion.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #56839  
Old Today, 06:42 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeiute View Post
I believe there is a difference between a silent protest, and marching in support of genocide. I believe there is a also a huge difference when the president has to basically have his arm twisted to even acknowledge the latter and still calling them "fine people", yet then demand the termination of the former with no provocation or asking his opinion.
Thank you for summarizing my response so succinctly
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #56840  
Old Today, 06:57 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeiute View Post
I believe there is a difference between a silent protest, and marching in support of genocide. I believe there is a also a huge difference when the president has to basically have his arm twisted to even acknowledge the latter and still calling them "fine people", yet then demand the termination of the former with no provocation or asking his opinion.
This sure does read a lot like "Its ok when it happens to opinions I dont like"

Because the correct thing to say would be "Gee, that super handsome person with his leonian mane of hair sure was right, getting fired for opinions is super shitty."
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."

Last edited by Ruinshin; Today at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56841  
Old Today, 07:09 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
This sure does read a lot like "Its ok when it happens to opinions I dont like"
No, because it's not the same.

A neonazi is stating that while they cannot kill me today, they will campaign for the ability to kill me and deny me my rights because they see ethnic cleansing as acceptable. Their beliefs impact the perception, at the very least, in how they would treat people who are their customers, coworkers, and employers.

A football player protesting silent has no effect on how they play football.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #56842  
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
No, because it's not the same.

A neonazi is stating that while they cannot kill me today, they will campaign for the ability to kill me and deny me my rights because they see ethnic cleansing as acceptable. Their beliefs impact the perception, at the very least, in how they would treat people who are their customers, coworkers, and employers.

A football player protesting silent has no effect on how they play football.
I disagree. I think him protesting silently reinforces the fact that he hates his fans and america, which carries with it the perception that his loyalty is to himself, not the fans and his team. He obviously lacks the integrity to turn down a bribe to throw the game
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."
Reply With Quote
  #56843  
Old Today, 07:17 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I disagree. I think him protesting silently reinforces the fact that he hates his fans and america, which carries with it the perception that his loyalty is to himself, not the fans and his team. He obviously lacks the integrity to turn down a bribe to throw the game
I don't think you actually believe that, nor do I think it means he hates America, and I don't believe being insufficiently patriotic would be a sign of poor moral character regardless.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #56844  
Old Today, 07:27 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I don't think you actually believe that, nor do I think it means he hates America, and I don't believe being insufficiently patriotic would be a sign of poor moral character regardless.
And lets not forget all those racial supremacists supporting them! #blackexcellence!

Not only anti-american, but bigoted as well.

It sure is a good thing Americana supports free thought, even if its attrocious, or surely such racially charged speech would cost them their jobs! Why, they wouldnt perform their best as entertainers at predominately white venues because of such bigotry!

But obviously, firing people for opinions is wrong.
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."
Reply With Quote
  #56845  
Old Today, 07:30 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,751

Default

If you consider genocide and silent protest equivalent then I guess we've reached an impasse
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #56846  
Old Today, 07:52 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,751

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
If you consider genocide and silent protest equivalent then I guess we've reached an impasse
If you consider talking about genocide and genocide to be the same thing, then Im sorry that your value of human life is such that a couple of hundred jackasses saying mean things is the same as millions dying in an ethnic and cultural cleanse.

But, you know, you do you.
__________________
“Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.