Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-27-2018, 04:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I didn't realize how much I needed Wyrmbane 76 until now
I'm curious, explain please.

To be frank, I'm quite happy with the Alliance campaign character team. Alleria, Umbric, Wyrmbane, Shaw, Falstad, Shandris, Kelsey, Keeshan and even Aysa. The line up is very good, I just wish some of them are used better or more often (I mean, I saw no news about Aysa doing anything, I only know she's there because I found her meditating in the boat in Boralus).

I hope this team keeps appearing over the patch cycle, and more characters are added.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 06-27-2018 at 04:45 AM..
Old 06-27-2018, 05:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm curious, explain please.
He's voiced by Fred Tatasciore who is Soldier 76 on Overwatch.

Quote:
To be frank, I'm quite happy with the Alliance campaign character team. Alleria, Umbric, Wyrmbane, Shaw, Falstad, Shandris, Kelsey, Keeshan and even Aysa. The line up is very good, I just wish some of them are used better or more often (I mean, I saw no news about Aysa doing anything, I only know she's there because I found her meditating in the boat in Boralus).

I hope this team keeps appearing over the patch cycle, and more characters are added.
Yeah, hopefully there'll be a Draenei and Worgen that's part of it at some point. (Or hopefully, those races get used in a future war campaign story.)
Old 06-27-2018, 05:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
He's voiced by Fred Tatasciore who is Soldier 76 on Overwatch.
Oh, I misunderstood Fojar's statement as enjoying something the character did rather than the voice he got.

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully there'll be a Draenei and Worgen that's part of it at some point. (Or hopefully, those races get used in a future war campaign story.)
There's Genn as the political leader of the whole operation, which I also enjoy. But yeah, more worgen and more draenei (and more race pairings) will always be welcome.

I've not enjoyed the Alliance so much since MoP's 5.1 storyline with the Purge of Dalaran.

Yeah, I know the characters barely did anything, but them just being there is already an improvement.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood Fojar's statement as enjoying something the character did rather than the voice he got.

There's Genn as the political leader of the whole operation, which I also enjoy. But yeah, more worgen and more draenei (and more race pairings) will always be welcome.

I've not enjoyed the Alliance so much since MoP's 5.1 storyline with the Purge of Dalaran.

Yeah, I know the characters barely did anything, but them just being there is already an improvement.
Yeah, it's a very good war campaign that emphasizes more racial diversity and expanding on Alliance military tactics with the addition of Void Elves and Dark Irons who add some more variety to how Alliance fight the Horde.

Which honestly made it more puzzling to me to see some people complain about how it's not as good as the Horde version, still complaining about Human dominance, and going "wtf we didn't burn as many ships" even though we do. Just further proved to me that some people are simply impossible to please and will nitpick anything to support their victim mentality.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:52 AM

Elune

The Alliance doesn't burn as many ships because why blow them up in the harbor when the enemy doesn't know they're there and you can detonate them at a more decisive moment like Blizzard is really obviously setting up. Burning any ships at all was a red herring to make the Horde think that was the objective so they don't start looking for the bombs.

This is called "fighting smart" and the Alliance has actually been doing a great deal of it in this expansion, hiccups at the beginning notwithstanding. I did a world quest where I needed to find some SI:7 agents in Zul'dazar and retrieve their reports, and was actually pretty impressed at the ingenuity of the Alliance using Night Elves with make-up/basic illusions to infiltrate Troll society.

A lot of this is stuff that is planned by Wyrmbane, solidifying him as the coolest fucking dude ever
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 06-27-2018 at 09:55 AM..
Old 06-27-2018, 10:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Alliance doesn't burn as many ships because why blow them up in the harbor when the enemy doesn't know they're there and you can detonate them at a more decisive moment like Blizzard is really obviously setting up. Burning any ships at all was a red herring to make the Horde think that was the objective so they don't start looking for the bombs.

This is called "fighting smart" and the Alliance has actually been doing a great deal of it in this expansion, hiccups at the beginning notwithstanding. I did a world quest where I needed to find some SI:7 agents in Zul'dazar and retrieve their reports, and was actually pretty impressed at the ingenuity of the Alliance using Night Elves with make-up/basic illusions to infiltrate Troll society.

A lot of this is stuff that is planned by Wyrmbane, solidifying him as the coolest fucking dude ever
It's also cool that it's the martial commanders doing stuff, while the kings are busy at home or doing diplomacy in Kul Tiras. Very refreshing to see politicians and military getting their own action.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:20 AM

Elune

Why the fuck wasn't Wyrmbane in charge of the Battle for Lordaeron, he wouldn't have been blindsided by Blight

He's like Saurfang if Saurfang lived up to the mythology surrounding him and wasn't a hypocrite
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 06-27-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
This doesn't make any sense. She never was with the Horde. And considering the circumstances of Varian's death, it's even more stupid.
If you had been told the full story, you would know that Darion can also appear on the Horde gunship if your character is not a Death Knight.

These character appearances have nothing to do with their allegiance and, imo, are very unlikely to be canon.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
These character appearances have nothing to do with their allegiance and, imo, are very unlikely to be canon.
Yeah. THey are placeholders for player characters. Some of them wouldn't even make sense otherwise (Vargoth couldn't have been saved by the Archmage of Tirisgarde if he's the Archmage of Tirisgarde).

Old 06-27-2018, 12:11 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
That was a very interesting account of someone going through Reformation and Relapse.

But also not really ever applicable to any character Blizzard has ever put out in this franchise or...ever.

So while it serves as a good example for whatever you were trying to argue, it had absolutely nothing to do with anything I was talking about. Which was that Blizzard is inept at character Consistency and it has reached it's zenith in the manifestation of blatant Parallel Universes appearing in Quest lines.

The writing department isn't just inept and clumsy it;s making active design decisions that are hare-brained and idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
The writer's Job is to make certain that these characters seem like actual people and not what they truley are-which is whatever the Writer damn welll pleases.

If you ever came across a character acting just like IWillDominate, you wouldn't say it was similar to an actual person; you'd just say it was yet another case of bad writing by Blizzard.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:32 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Why the fuck wasn't Wyrmbane in charge of the Battle for Lordaeron, he wouldn't have been blindsided by Blight
Same reason he wasn't at the Broken Shore, or the Siege of Orgrimmar.

When the faction leaders come to the front lines and personally lead the troops, they tend to seemingly dismiss most of their officers and forget how to properly delegate.

A part of me imagines Sylvanas, Anduin and Genn on the front lines, unilaterally leading charges and ordering formations while the Alliance and Horde general staffs are at their command palisades trying to orchestrate the battle properly and wondering why the hell their lines keep shifting around.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Archer

All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The Teldrassil quests do open with Anduin saying "his spies in Orgrimmar" found out the Horde was preparing to attack the night elves.
Considering the Huojin's only history with the Horde so far is to be horribly mistreated right after joining, and the fact the Alliance has an entire race that are essentially blood elves sick of the Horde's BS, it'd be a miracle if Orgrimmar wasn't swarming with Alliance sympathetic spies.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:21 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:

Watch them cancel it all out when they spare the Horde for the 3rd time.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:58 PM

Troubadour

Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 PM

Demon Hunter

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
That could be because Fojar represents a group that is getting something it wants in BFA - and I don't think it's a stretch to say that from a lore and player characterization perspective, that is probably a minority position.

I don't want that comment to seem more bitter than it is - if you are happy with what BFA is offering, then I am happy for you, but to those wondering where all the positivity went in the lore department, you might want to ask what different player communities are getting out of this expansion. I would start with the contingent of mainline Horde players who are currently worrying about what's happening to their faction, and what it now means to be Horde.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Troubadour

The Horde is glorious in BFA.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
That could be because Fojar represents a group that is getting something it wants in BFA - and I don't think it's a stretch to say that from a lore and player characterization perspective, that is probably a minority position.
The majority position is a combination of apathy and base emotional drama. Blizzard writes for the lowest common denominator because that's by far the largest segment of their playerbase and when it comes down to it Blizzard is a business.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
The majority position is a combination of apathy and base emotional drama. Blizzard writes for the lowest common denominator because that's by far the largest segment of their playerbase and when it comes down to it Blizzard is a business.
I have questioned and still am questioning it as a business decision. I think the second quarter 10Q will be quite interesting after seeing net revenues FROM deferred revenues in the first quarter - the same quarter in which they announced a quite enticing pre-order.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:18 PM

Troubadour

Old 06-28-2018, 06:28 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

and the butchering of the night elves is complete

Golden and her ilk should be ashamed of themselves but they won't because, idk, this is their idea of feminism; having a female leader run away because her man got hurt

also lol Saurfang is such a hypocrite
"I will not kill civilians"

Also Saurfang: strolls through a village after slaughtering civilians
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:28 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
and the butchering of the night elves is complete

Golden and her ilk should be ashamed of themselves but they won't because, idk, this is their idea of feminism; having a female leader run away because her man got hurt

also lol Saurfang is such a hypocrite
"I will not kill civilians"

Also Saurfang: strolls through a village after slaughtering civilians

Yeah, this is pretty definitive. I think my evaluation period is over.

Anyone know of a good brand of tequila?
Old 06-29-2018, 02:43 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Yeah, this is pretty definitive. I think my evaluation period is over.

Anyone know of a good brand of tequila?
I really hope you arent drinking because of this?
Old 06-29-2018, 06:54 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
When I went to check what I had originally said, it undermined the question - but no, at least not any more than normal.

I said in another thread that if I was right all along about the end of the Teldrassil scenario and that if this whole process of paying attention to BfA spoilers was simply a long painful goodbye to this franchise - which it has just borne itself out to be, that I would find the exact ingredients for a Death and Co. Margarita (A feat that requires some pre-planning. Normally I use substitutes for my at-home cocktails because they are hyper-particular about their ingredients), throw on Judas Priest's Never the Heroes on a loop, and symbolically burn my old physical vanilla WoW copy of World of Warcraft.

The recipe by the way:

- 2 oz Siembra Azul Blanco Tequila
- 3/4 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Lime Juice (Squeezed, not from concentrate)
- 1/4 oz Agave Nectar
Lime Wedge Garnish

Yes, it's cringey as all hell, but I said I would do it, therefore I'm going to do it, after I've done my penance with the two week waiting period (which I never should have agreed to, but eh) to capture any last minute changes that might be made to the scenario. I don't expect to see any, or to the extent that I do, I don't expect that they will be material enough to change my mind.

So that puts my last day paying attention to these boards and the franchise in general at July 12th, and I'm happy to be able to announce that. It will be nice to move on.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 06-29-2018 at 06:56 AM..
Old 06-29-2018, 07:49 AM

Elune

Yeah it is pretty obvious that this has cut deep, you are a big fan of the night elves and they are getting pretty consistently shat on. I am in a similar boat in that pretty much any idea I find appeal in Blizzard chooses to go in the exact opposite direction, eventually you just get tired of it.

Anyhow I like you and despite bailing on Warcraft I hope you don't disappear in two weeks but occasionally come to visit us here on the forums. Either way best of luck to you.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Think we had a poster depressed over night elves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft