Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-01-2014, 05:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Dark trolls. Think we'll ever see 'em?
If we ever get an underground expansion, they'll be fodder. Otherwise, not much of a chance. I really expected to see at least a reference on the isle of thunder.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 AM

Eternal

Default Fuck yes

Today its the first time in ages I entered this old forum and found this fucking thread. I fully aprove of it, as the official trollfanboy of this forum. I give credit to all those that posted in favor of trolls.

Thats it I am off to my underwater cave, like the good ancient I am.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 04-01-2014, 06:16 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Heh, I didn't know that Zula was one of us.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:45 AM

Echo of the Past

Celebration of Troll Retrolore! Everything that the Horde is now - a band of races joining together to survive in a world trying to destroy them - all of this belonged to the Trolls at their inception.

Quote:

The feared, rogue Troll known as Zuljin has gained a great amount of notoriety over the years. Known best for his daring raids on guarded elven villages, Zuljin brought together many of the nomadic Troll warparties and forged them into and intimidating fighting force. The Trolls revere Zuljin and follow his leadership unconditionally. When approached by the Doomhammer about joining up with the Horde, Zuljin initially declined. But with the increased tensions between the Trolls and Elves due to the coming war, Zuljin knows that only an alliance with the Orcs will save his people.
Quote:

The Trolls of Lordaeron have suffered ages of attrition at the hands of the Humans, Dwarves, and Elves. The appearance of the Orcish Horde has given them the opportunity to ally themselves with kindred spirits with whom they can seek revenge upon their many enemies. More agile than the brutish Orcs, Trolls employ throwing axes - along with a cunning attack and retreat stratagem - to assail their foes. This combination of speed, range and the ability to bring down threats from above makes them a valuable addition to the Orcish Horde.
Quote:

Berserkers are a bloodthirsty sect of Trolls dedicated to the total annihilation of their hated enemies, the Elves. Suffering numerous experiments with strange chemicals and potions by the Goblin Alchemists, the Berserkers have had many strange abilities bestowed upon them that make them all but unstoppable in the heat of battle. Berserkers are hardier and stronger than most Trolls, effectively transforming them into a veritable whirling cyclone of death and destruction.
Quote:

The Troll Destroyers are swift, ill-visaged longboats designed to cut through enemy armadas and deal damage to enemy vessels and their flying support. The savage Troll crewmen are eager to enter into combat against Alliance ships of war and hungrily await any chance to stand mast to mast against the Elven Destroyers.
Quote:

The clash of cold steel and the war cries of Troll Axethrowers can be heard from dawn until dusk - serving as a constant reminder of the warlike mentality of the Horde.
Quote:

Carved from the husk of an ancient Ironwood tree, the Troll Lumber Mill is a vital part of the Horde's lumber processing operation. The Trolls, having lived in the forests of the far north for centuries, have devised a unique method of harvesting. By treating a group of trees with a volatile alchemical solvent, the Trolls can deaden and weaken large sections of wood. Though it is extremely hazardous to Peon and earth alike, this site makes the process of cutting lumber more efficient. Trolls have become quite adept at fashioning a special sort of throwing axe. The crafting and use of this weapon is always being honed to perfection. Troll Berserkers frequent the Ironwood trees to digest potions given to them by the Goblin Alchemists stationed there. These potions enable them to throw their axes greater distances or sharpen their sight. It is also said that the speed at which healing occurs is increased if the correct potion is ingested. This process of regeneration is one of the most distinct and unbelievable powers of the Troll Berserkers.
Quote:

Leader: Thoras Trollbane

Possessing a long history of warfare against the Trolls, the warriors of Stromgarde are well prepared to engage in open combat with all enemies of humanity.
Quote:

These Elves have long been embroiled in a bloody conflict with the hated Trolls of Lordaeron and are swift to let loose a rain of arrows upon any foe, including those that attack from the skies above.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Dark trolls. Think we'll ever see 'em?
levi thought they were the Zandalari.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM

Problemsolver

Trolls are the coolest of races in WoW. I'm still waiting for the World of Warcraft: the Rage of Zul'<instert name> expansion, where once and for all the trolls manage to purge Azeroth of all inferior races and reclaim their ancient homelands.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Trolls are the coolest of races in WoW. I'm still waiting for the World of Warcraft: the Rage of Zul'<instert name> expansion, where once and for all the superior races manage to purge Azeroth of all trolls and reclaim their ancient homelands like Quel'Thalas.
Fixed it for you. Because, let's be serious, Trolls reclaiming so much as a spec of sand isn't going to happen in World of Warcraft's time.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Fixed it for you. Because, let's be serious, Trolls reclaiming so much as a spec of sand isn't going to happen in World of Warcraft's time.
Sadly this is probably true. The only troll tribe in any position to claim territories are the Darkspear, because gameplay.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
What about claiming new lands?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:48 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

The Steamwheedle tribe has reclaimed land.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM

Elune

Trolls use to be cool. Now they are just a dying breed because they couldn't adapt to an ever changing world.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Sadly this is probably true. The only troll tribe in any position to claim territories are the Darkspear, because gameplay.
Pretty much, and they began their story at the verge of extinction, so their ability to expand is questionable as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
What about claiming new lands?
I think the same problem exists as above. Trolls other than Darkspear claiming new lands will inevitably be evicted through force from those lands. Its a pity, but Trolls are ultimately nothing more than raid/dungeon fodder. It's a bit of a shame, I would have enjoyed it if the Amani had been playable and the original lore had been kept to. All Blood Elves in Outland, no more elves in Quel'Thalas, and the Amani could have worked to reclaim the land. I bet the, 'Ruins of Silvermoon City,' would have been a kickass dungeon/raid full of Scourge for the Trolls. Quel'Danas would have been an even more awesome raid.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
If it were up to Vol'jin, he'd rather ally with Elves and HUMANS rather than let any other Troll tribe to get reclaim their past glory

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Trolls use to be cool. Now they are just a dying breed because they couldn't adapt to an ever changing world.
Fight to preserve troll conservatism!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Today its the first time in ages I entered this old forum and found this fucking thread. I fully aprove of it, as the official trollfanboy of this forum. I give credit to all those that posted in favor of trolls.

Thats it I am off to my underwater cave, like the good ancient I am.
See? Even the ancient lurking ones approve of this most glorious cause.

Anywho, while it seems increasingly true that the Trolls can't really come into their own (or rather, that Blizzard seems uninterested in doing so) outside the Horde, there's little reason they couldn't make some headway in the direction of getting their crap together.

Much as I enjoy the idea of having the Darkspear upgrade the Echo Isles into a full fledged capital city to showcase a the return of Trollish civilization as a major force in the world, unless it can be used to springboard into more content, that doesn't seem like the kind of thing we could hope to see. Odds are more likely that showing off the Trolls' ability to endure countless calamities would need to happen in the development of future content.

So with that in mind, it'd be great to handle the eventual return of the Zandalari arc not as just an another pointless raid on a civilization of mooks, but as an opportunity for the Trolls to grow in ways they haven't been allowed to in several thousand years. Have Vol'jin, if he's still in the position of Warchief, officially throw his support behind a more pliable faction of Zandalari, to bring order to some of the beleaguered peoples of Azeroth.

Let the Horde house some of these alienated tribes, let them find new purpose alongside the Darkspear as a part of a restored world power.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM

Only Horde races are allowed to make a comeback.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Keeper of the Grove

I might not be much of a troll fan, but I do think the Darkspear should've recruited the other failing tribes in under their wings.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:04 PM

Chimaera

I'd love to see post-Zandalari troll tribes band together under the Darkspear or as a neutral confederation, and have all the Zul'___ cities become Horde-aligned or neutral cities and quest hubs in their respective areas.

See: a resurgent troll civilization is possible for all of greater trolldom, not just the Playable trolls!

Or, hell, if you have to keep it faction-specific: Zul'Aman and Zul'Farrak for the Alliance, Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak for the Horde.

ZF could take over for Theramore as the principal Alliance stronghold in Kali.

Last edited by Al'Akir; 04-01-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
I'd love to see post-Zandalari troll tribes band together under the Darkspear or as a neutral confederation, and have all the Zul'___ cities become Horde-aligned or neutral cities and quest hubs in their respective areas.

See: a resurgent troll civilization is possible for all of greater trolldom, not just the Playable trolls!

Or, hell, if you have to keep it faction-specific: Zul'Aman and Zul'Farrak for the Alliance, Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak for the Horde.

ZF could take over for Theramore as the principal Alliance stronghold in Kali.
It always seemed odd that a single tribe would be able to field as many far-flung towns and outposts as does the Darkspear. I reasoned that they might have ended up incorporating some defeated Skullsplitters/Gurubashi/Bloodscalps (though such trolls would probably be treated as second-class citizens).

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

If trolls are so great, then do they know why kids like Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

10/10, would read again next April Fools.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
"Uh... 'cause its grooves be shuckin' and jivin'?"
Old 04-01-2014, 08:36 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
"It fills dem up afta smokin'- I mean communin wit da loa?"
Old 04-04-2014, 04:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Heh, I didn't know that Zula was one of us.
I spent over four years working on a pseudo fanfic set in the past, here in this forum, just cause I wanted to make trolls win and change the future.

Quote:
See? Even the ancient lurking ones approve of this most glorious cause.
Of course I do, it feels me with thrill to see that there are still people who arpecciate the true faith.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 04-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Trolls are pretty great at what? Dying? Being cannibals? Not being as awesome as Elves, Humans, and Dwarves?

So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Trolls are pretty great at what? Dying? Being cannibals? Not being as awesome as Elves, Humans, and Dwarves?

Pooping in the woods.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Tags
'cho wanna buy a cigar, all land is troll land, chuwanaxe, here comes trollbane, lore, new troll here, tazdingo!, troll land, we gonna bury you here