Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 PM

Eternal

The "Novice Sanctuary" sounds like some kind of new Scarlet Monastery wing.

Why do the Darkspear hold Zul'jin in high regard? The WoW troll and at least one of the Warcraft 3 units had quotes praising him.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
The "Novice Sanctuary" sounds like some kind of new Scarlet Monastery wing.

Why do the Darkspear hold Zul'jin in high regard? The WoW troll and at least one of the Warcraft 3 units had quotes praising him.
That would be Vol'jin. Their previous clan leader. If you have WC3 installd go to the custom campaigns or something and you get to play the demo missions that lore wise explain why the trolls joined the Horde. I rather wanted to tell this then spoil it all.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
That would be Vol'jin. Their previous clan leader. If you have WC3 installd go to the custom campaigns or something and you get to play the demo missions that lore wise explain why the trolls joined the Horde. I rather wanted to tell this then spoil it all.

Actually, the units do say "Vengeance for Zul'jin!"
Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Actually, the units do say "Vengeance for Zul'jin!"
Really? I mean back in the very beginning of WC3 i thought so but after the Vol'jin thing i thought it was Vol'jin but now your confusing me.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Really? I mean back in the very beginning of WC3 i thought so but after the Vol'jin thing i thought it was Vol'jin but now your confusing me.
Yeah, they actually do say Zul'jin iirc. That has been a point of contention before.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

These trolls were obviously clairvoyant and knew in advance how poorly handled by Blizzard Zul'jin will be, and expressed their rage with phrase "Vengeance for Zul'jin".
Or they were just trolling us to make us flame each other. True story.

End of offtopic.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
These trolls were obviously clairvoyant and knew in advance how poorly handled by Blizzard Zul'jin will be, and expressed their rage with phrase "Vengeance for Zul'jin".
Or they were just trolling us to make us flame each other. True story.

End of offtopic.
Well, Zul'jin did get screwed over pretty badly, but then again so did Kargath and Teron Gorefiend imho. They should have been Horde heroes or something.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM

Chimaera

Did Arthas do what needed to be done by culling strathlome? this is a point of contention for me (or for my split-personality death knight.)
Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 AM

Demon Hunter

Question: What's the name of the river just east of Tarren Mill, that runs from Darrowmere Lake to Baradin Bay?

I know that the river that empties into Darrowmere Lake, west of Fordring's hideout, between the eastern and western plaguelands, is the River Thondoril. I can't find a name for the much larger and (one would suppose) much more important river that bisects the Foothills.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabarax View Post
Did Arthas do what needed to be done by culling strathlome? this is a point of contention for me (or for my split-personality death knight.)
There's no universally right canon answer to your question.

Let's leave it at that.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabarax View Post
Whatever he did, everyone was screwed in the end. The Lich King had manipulated events in such a way that it was a lose-lose situation. Had Arthas not purged Stratholme, Mal'Ganis would have used the army of undead to march on the kingdom anyway.

Here's a question for you though. If you knew that the family living in the house in front of you was infected by the Blight Plague and were about to change into flesh eating ghouls, would you wait for them to do so then kill them, or put them down while they are easier to kill? Keep in mind that there was no cure either....
Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 AM

Owl Scout

Undead Icon (War3)

the culling of stratholme was made in such a way that there was really only one option..to kill them before they join the undead army..Arthas didn't fall because he had to do this..i would have done the same thing knowing i am sparing my men from undeath(even though that didn't make it right,it was the right decision)
Old 05-05-2009, 07:44 AM

Elune

I know this thread isn't for theorycraft and arguments, but saying stuff like "the zombies from Stratholme would have ensured the Scourge's victory" as FACTS is way out there, if you ask me.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM

Elune

Questions like that are not part of the spirit of this thread. It’s a philosophical question that is debatable, and is better suited in one of the many sprawling threads that have debated this issue back and forth. Asking it here and getting opinions presented as facts is just going to skew the perception of the noobs even more.

This is a thread for crap like “Who is Arthas?”, aka things a quick wowwiki search could tell you.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Chimaera

Quick two questions.

1. How active has been Loken and his armies of iron in Grizzly Hills, regarding to their ID ancient ruin capital and the rest of Northrend. Its says in the quest, Quest:Raining Down Destruction the iron dwarves recently began to reclaim the ruins. (Something to help me with my GH fanfic timeline issue. Hopefully it abandon for at least 50 years, with your responses.)

2. What happen to this 'Stoneforge' mention by Megalith?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Druid of the Talon

Ok I have some questions.

1. How the heck are there so many Ogres on Kalimdor? Did they came by boat before Thrall led the orcs to Kalimdor, when they left the horde? Or came between the events of the founding of durotar and the destruction of the world tree?

2. Where do the snap dragons come from?

3. What happened to Varian Wrynn exactly. I mean, how did he disappear and how did he find his way to finally reclaim his throne?

4. Is the Forgotten One in Azjol'Nerub a third unamed Old gold? I mean, we know C'thun in Ahn'Quiraj, Yogg-Saron in Ulduar, can we assume that the Forgotten One is a third Old god or has it been retconned by Blizzard that he is Yogg-Saron or something else?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post

3. What happened to Varian Wrynn exactly. I mean, how did he disappear and how did he find his way to finally reclaim his throne?

4. Is the Forgotten One in Azjol'Nerub a third unamed Old gold? I mean, we know C'thun in Ahn'Quiraj, Yogg-Saron in Ulduar, can we assume that the Forgotten One is a third Old god or has it been retconned by Blizzard that he is Yogg-Saron or something else?
To 3: He was kidnapped by Defias and Onyxia split his personality into two beings. His "gladiator" personality washed up in Kargath bay and he was captured as a slave gladiator. His "king" persona was taken back to Stormwind and used as a puppet.

Slave Varian escaped with his gladiator friends and after bunch of fun comic stuff was found by Jaina Proudmoore, who helped him restore his memory. He met with King Varian and they uncovered Onyxia's plot and got remerged by a spell while they were fighting her. After that he was officially restored as king.

To 4: I believe that was considered to be Yogg Saron, or part of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:

1. How the heck are there so many Ogres on Kalimdor? Did they came by boat before Thrall led the orcs to Kalimdor, when they left the horde? Or came between the events of the founding of durotar and the destruction of the world tree?

1. That's one of the greatest questions of WarCraft universe. Ogres are just everywhere. If we come ever to Pandaria, they will probably be there. How? Metzen one knows.

2. See above. We just know they are. Expect more details in possible Great Sea expansion.

3. See Rashid's post or, more detailed, the WoW Comic.

4. It was either Yogg-Saron or it was forgotten. Yeah, Forgotten One got forgotten.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Loremaster

Quote:

1.) It is something of a mystery how so many ogres managed to get there while leaving no evidence of their means of travel; no ogre ships wrecked on the shore or signs of early coastal settlements, for instance. At times they seem to be all over the place. The RPG books seem to toss a handful of otherwise unrepresented ogre clans into practically every region of the world, including zones that already have enough established clans to begin with, so that source in particular is probably a bit shaky. Still, between Dustwallow Marsh, Tanaris and Feralas it does seem like a fairly significant population of them relocated to Kalimdor and made a new home there after the Second War - a pretty neat trick considering most of the Eastern Kingdoms' native inhabitants weren't even sure the lost continent really existed, and the ogres were from another planet and even less likely to suspect it at that time. Guess they must have jumped on boats, pointed them in a generally western direction and hoped for the best.

2.) Snap Dragons, much like the Coatls, disappeared from the scene after TFT. For whatever reason, the Naga in WoW seem content to operate without their bestial minions with them. More than likely, the Snap Dragons probably come from somewhere in the Maelstrom or the South Seas, though we've never actually seen one in-game since they were a trained unit in the Naga tech tree, so it's hard to say what their precise origins might be.

3.) Rashid summarized most of this one. It's basically the whole first story arc of the WoW comic book series. Technically he hasn't reached the point that we see him at in-game yet, though. He's still sailing back to Stormwind from Theramore in the comic.

4.) Considering the fact that the Faceless Ones seem to be his servants and there's a massive amount of Saronite throughout the Pits of Narjun that lead to Azjol-Nerub, it's seeming pretty likely that the Forgotten One was either a minion of Yogg-Saron or part of the "tendril of the Old God's influence" that the Nerubian quest-giver Kilix the Unraveler tells players that his people inadvertently unearthed during their fighting retreat against the Scourge.

Now if only Blizz gets around to telling us just how an Old God who was contained in Ulduar until quite recently was somehow managing to still exert so much power below Azjol-Nerub during the events of TFT and corrupting Vordrassil centuries before that.

Last edited by ARM3481; 05-11-2009 at 12:26 PM..
Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
1.)

2.) Snap Dragons, much like the Coatls, disappeared from the scene after TFT. For whatever reason, the Naga in WoW seem content to operate without their bestial minions with them.
In the WoW comics the Naga use a Coatl. So at least some still use them.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

how do i shot web?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 AM

Elune

How I mine for fish?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Why do packages of three come in packages of eight?

And who would win in a war, the Alliance or the Horde?

Do Forsaken deserve to die?

And was Garithos a good guy deep down?

Did the Forsaken have a right to kill him; the Grand Marshal, and then be pissed off that the Alliance is hostile?

Do the blood elves really belong in the Horde, their former enemy? Are Alleria and Vereesa right to lead Alliance factions contra the Horde?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Eternal

Why can i only pick girls if i choose to be a Blood elf?

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Why can i only pick girls if i choose to be a Blood elf?
gold.

Quote:
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.

Tags
isn't taran zhu dead?, lore, newbie, where are illidans pants