Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM

World Builder

Runes Blizzard dev twitter repository

Vol'jin and Chen battling Zandalari and Mogu. Cool troll history as well. Michael Stackpole did a great job!

ANSWERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
Micky says Liadrin, Theron and Dar'Khan will be the main characters of Blood of the Highborne, along with a new elf called Galell. Rommath will also be in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
(Referring to Blood of the Highborne)

"Oooooh, he answered something about Genn wedding Tess to Isiden. Remarked that it would have made strategic sense."

"If I give too much away the ghost of Cairne will challenge me to a Mak'gora. Rest assured the tauren have not been forgoten!

"Micky just confirmed that Mal was indeed the first druid when asked about Xarantaur."

"So... Micky just confirmed Brewfest began in the end of year 20 or beginnings of year 21. Shortly before going to fight Proudmoore."

In "Pearl...", we are told that Chen met Grimbooze Thunderbrew. But when? Third War, when Chen fought alongside Magni? --- Most likely a bit before Chen joined Rexxar to take on Daelin Proudmoore.

"I asked Micky about the mystery surrounding Ptah and if he was the titan that fought and died against C'thun.

This was the answer:

@nykylaihellray Plenty more info regarding the Titans is on the horizon. Stay tuned."

"So, more evidence that Azshara was the leader that pushed arcane usage. Which indicates the Trolls and Night Elves didn't fight until she was pushing the arcane bit, as Trolls HAD arcane magic at least 15000 years ago. They would have had to have been overwhelmed in power."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja
Quote:
Nazja: Is it safe to assume that Ksu'la (http://t.co/x2RBmYiB5n) is the serpent Loa worshiped by the Zandalari on the Isle of Thunder?

Sean: I'm not 100% sure on this, but here's my take: I doubt it because the icon art uses the same art as a dragon turtle mount.

Nazja: Yeah, but the spell turns the caster, Arcanital Ra'kul, into a purple arcane wyrm, a serpent.
Quote:
Nazja: Are Satyrs what night elves would turn into if they gorged themselves on fel or do they deviate from the natural transformation?

Sean: IIRC, the satyr curse was specific. It was passed down from Xavius himself.

Nazja: In other words, they could turn into a different demonic being, if their transformation was unrelated to a Satyr. Right?
Quote:
Nazja: Was Sif, Thorim's wife, a watcher or a Hyldnir he fell in love with?

Sean: I believe that Sif was not a watcher. I dig the idea that she won Thorim's heart. Now that's a story I want to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/Ashendant/status/316294867657564160
Ashendant: Who currently controls Shadowforge city and Dark Iron territory?

Sean: Check out the WoW quests: "Demanding Answers" & "Seize the Ambassdor". There's some tasty lore there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/Ashendant/status/315251647951556608
Ashendant:Is "Trade Coalition" still the name of the goblins merchant empire? There are some references outside the RPG but its very little

Sean: The name is still in use. We see it in "Pearl of Pandaria" and "Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince" stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/Ashendant/status/314208900738056192

Ashendant: Is the encyclopaedia from the old wow site still canon?

Sean: It's been some time, so I'd have to see. We place immense value on maintaining consistency. It's why they keep us around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/Ashendant/status/312896344484368385
Ashendant: Are Daemons in WCI Doomguards or a type of Doomguard as shown in the Dalaran Chess Event?

Sean: No lore reason, but my hunch is that the devs used a doomguard model since it's similar in appearence to old school "daemons".

lukevanN: So Daemons are something different?

Sean: In Orcish, "dae'mon" = "twisted soul" or "demon". That said, I believe it's safe to assume daemons are demons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/status/311993847251099648
Ashendant: This is kinda of a stupid question, but is the Spirit of Wind in Unbroken is the same thing as the Spirit of Air in other works?

Sean: Looping in @MickyNeilson for this one since he digs answering questions for this story. Nobundo!!

Micky: Spirit of Wind and Spirit of Air are indeed the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/311613095829196800
Ashendant: Is the Elemental Conglomerate system explained in the RPG still canon? How does it fit with the other types shown? (Next tweet)

Sean: It's a safe bet to consider the RPG publications as non-canonical sources of lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque
@Loreology If the worgen have built up a spy network in Kalimdor (ToW) then why aren't they involved in 5.3? They should know those areas.

@killermonkey78 Who says they weren't? Spies are secretive people after all.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 04-22-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Elune

EXCIIIIITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Elune

Meanwhile non-human Alliance races are crying in a corner.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I'm glad I convinced him to start tweeting. Let's see how long it'll take him to totally burn out.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Let's see how long it'll take him to totally burn out.
Ahaha, I'm afraid that's exactly what I was thinking.

From the moment his Twitter began, he was known and marked by the fandom. And once the fandom has left its mark upon you, it will never go away. Every encounter he has with it, from this day forward, will be more difficult and more terrifying. The fandom knows him now.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Ahaha, I'm afraid that's exactly what I was thinking.

From the moment his Twitter began, he was known and marked by the fandom. And once the fandom has left its mark upon you, it will never go away. Every encounter he has with it, from this day forward, will be more difficult and more terrifying. The fandom knows him now.
The funny thing is I convinced him to get a twitter for a reason totally unrelated to Warcraft.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Meanwhile non-human Alliance races are crying in a corner.
Have you ever posted something relevant to the topic of discussion or do you just enjoy one-uping Fojar that much?

Perfect example right here of said fanbase that keeps driving the devs away from decent discussion with the fanbase.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Have you ever posted something relevant to the topic of discussion or do you just enjoy one-uping Fojar that much?

Perfect example right here of said fanbase that will drive Micky away.
This, I mean when's the last time Fojar or one of the nelf players said "we ought to see X again" X being Leoric Von Zeldig or Lord Fallowmere?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM

Elune

Quote:

Perfect example right here of said fanbase that keeps driving the devs away from decent discussion with the fanbase.
If they treat Alliance players like shit they should expect to be treated the same. The old ''Respect has to be earned, not demanded''.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM

Eternal

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
If they treat Alliance players like shit they should expect to be treated the same. The old ''Respect has to be earned, not demanded''.
Point.
-----------
Your Head.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. If you can't even read a thread title involving a Horde character without frothing at the mouth about Alliance injustice then you're royally fucked in the head.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

If we must argue about Alliance and Horde novels, remember that usually their novels give attention to both factions no matter which one its supposed to be about. Remember, despite being about Jaina, Tides of War focused just as much if not more on Garrosh.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
If we must argue about Alliance and Horde novels, remember that usually their novels give attention to both factions no matter which one its supposed to be about. Remember, despite being about Jaina, Tides of War focused just as much if not more on Garrosh.
Why should this even be a concern though? Why should even the outside mediums be tainted by faction whining. Why should a novel focussing on Vol'jin vs a neutral enemy have to have its story rewritten to include the Alliance (read as:fucked over and dragged down the shitter) just for the sake of people incapable of seeing things in a light other then blue or red?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Why should this even be a concern though? Why should even the outside mediums be tainted by faction whining. Why should a novel focussing on Vol'jin vs a neutral enemy have to have its story rewritten to include the Alliance (read as:fucked over and dragged down the shitter) just for the sake of people incapable of seeing things in a light other then blue or red?
I'm just saying if this must be a point of contention, as it seems to be, people should remember that the others novels suggest we'll probably get some Alliance content too.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
It's a problem with a specific few people. None who are moderators or admins, so you're quite able to ignore them.

It's what I do from time to time in order to maintain my sanity.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 AM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Sounds cool. Definitely going to have to read this one.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM

Elune

Zandalari and Mogu are both boring.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Not as boring as Stromgarde or Alterac, though.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
They're quite compelling to be honest, a very good and memorable enemy, in my opinion. I will never forget that day in the future where I might kill the Thunder King.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM

Elune

They both share the same problem that Cataclysm's villains did and that is that they've never felt to me like an actual threat; like they're actually capable of doing some damage to us. This is because they've pretty much never won anything for all we've seen them.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
They both share the same problem that Cataclysm's villains did and that is that they've never felt to me like an actual threat; like they're actually capable of doing some damage to us. This is because they've pretty much never won anything for all we've seen them.
You forgot to mention the lack of personality.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
More than 12000 years ago...

They DO have personality...

Last edited by Jungleluke; 02-18-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM

I don't see what any of this has to do with Micky's twitter.

Tags
arthas is king arthur, blizzard, budd isn't that bad, communications, devs teasing, gilneas vs new zone, handed down by light, i miss northrend, i miss the old horde, lordaeroni rule, lordaeronian & dalaranese, lordaeronian & dalaranian, no lore here, teasing devs, thrall is arminius, thrall is spartacus, uther is uther pendragon