Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Archer

Since the south seas are the more likely next xpac. Can anyone tell me the lands from Azeroth still missing in Wow. Like Zandalar, Kul Tiras and such. Also is there any unnamed islands or parts of the continents from maps that we still haven't got in wow.
Anyone knows any fan map of Azeroth that is "complete?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
Since the south seas are the more likely next xpac. Can anyone tell me the lands from Azeroth still missing in Wow. Like Zandalar, Kul Tiras and such. Also is there any unnamed islands or parts of the continents from maps that we still haven't got in wow.
Anyone knows any fan map of Azeroth that is "complete?
Balor, Crestfall, Zul'Dare, Darkspear Islands, Plunder Isle and Tel'Abim. They could also reuse the idea of the Dragon Isles. And also the Island of Doctor Lapidis and Gillijim's Isle.

There are some more in the RPG books like Hiji and some dots around the Maelstrom but these are non-canon.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Do we know what happened to Tyr's hand memorial above his tomb?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Do we know what happened to Tyr's hand memorial above his tomb?
It's his actual hand. No idea what happened to it; I've been asking since Chronicle came out :p
Old 10-30-2017, 07:35 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
It's his actual hand. No idea what happened to it; I've been asking since Chronicle came out :p
A hole in the ground was probably easier to draw.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Fire

Why are there huge bones from Deathwing in Neltharion's Lair?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Why are there huge bones from Deathwing in Neltharion's Lair?
I think those are some other dragon, I mean it was basically the black flight's capital.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:06 AM

Echo of the Past

Can someone tell me about this "Battle for Azeroth" thing? I hear different locations have Battle for X or Battle for Y.

What are they and where are the Battlefor sites?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Can someone tell me about this "Battle for Azeroth" thing? I hear different locations have Battle for X or Battle for Y.

What are they and where are the Battlefor sites?
New expansion announced Friday.

It starts with the Horde burning down Teldrassil and the Alliance sieging/conquering Lordaeron. We don't know which of the two happens first. Exodar and Silvermoon are the last strongholds of their respective factions on their respective continents.

Stromgarde has become a warfront where the Horde is trying to break north to attack Gilneas and take back Undercity, while the Alliance is trying to keep them from reinforcing Quel'Thalas.

To seek out the strongest navies they can for warfare on the Great Sea, the Horde goes to Zandalar and the Alliance goes to Kul Tiras.

Last edited by Asterisk; 11-05-2017 at 08:33 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 12:10 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Ore

Quote:
I think those are some other dragon, I mean it was basically the black flight's capital.
I thought that they must be from some other dragon too, but in the Neltharion's Lair dungeon Ebonhorn complains that the drogbar are using slaves to mine his father's bones.

So I remain confused about how they got there.

Last edited by Shaman; 11-06-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Sentinel Queen

Do I get it right that apart from their Void Lords we only got Mal'ganis and Kel'thuzad left as known "big" villains after BfA ran its course?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
Do I get it right that apart from their Void Lords we only got Mal'ganis and Kel'thuzad left as known "big" villains after BfA ran its course?
Potentially Bolvar too but yes.

This is why they shouldn't do things like kill off Helya and Lei Shen in the same expansion they were introduced.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

They can always introduce more, or build up other villains. That or more faction conflict, with faction raids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
Detheroc, Tichondrius, Hakkar (the Houndmaster), Mannoroth, Magtheridon, Mephistroth, Kazzak, just to name a few.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Detheroc, Tichondrius, Hakkar (the Houndmaster), Mannoroth, Magtheridon, Mephistroth, Kazzak, just to name a few.
Only like two of those are expansion worthy, and have lost at least twice.
Quote:
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:10 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

So, somethings been bugging me:

Velen saw a vision of a golden haired paladin leading an army of multiple races - the army of the light. At the time, we assumed it was Anduin. But was it actually him forseeing Turalyon? Since Turalyon is a golden haired paladin, and is the one in charge when we beat the Legion...

Does that mean we dont actually know what Anduins fate is? Ive seen a few places that refernce Anduin has plot armour because of that vision, but...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-11-2017, 06:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
So, somethings been bugging me:

Velen saw a vision of a golden haired paladin leading an army of multiple races - the army of the light. At the time, we assumed it was Anduin. But was it actually him forseeing Turalyon? Since Turalyon is a golden haired paladin, and is the one in charge when we beat the Legion...

Does that mean we dont actually know what Anduins fate is? Ive seen a few places that refernce Anduin has plot armour because of that vision, but...
Anduin's plot armor comes from the "Son of the Wolf" minicomic. As for the Legion, I'm not sure Sargeras aint coming back.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
As for the Legion, I'm not sure Sargeras aint coming back.
The thing about Sargeras is, after finally putting his crusade to an end after 25,000 years of running amok, it'll feel incredibly wonky if he manages to escape in anything less then a few centuries. Maybe even millennia.

You just don't lock away ancient evils for some insignificant amount of time. For the whole idea to work, you've gotta let at least several generations if not entire ages pass for the world to change so everything is truly caught off-guard when the evil returns. Otherwise it's like a pointless hiccup in which the same guys who defeated it before just rally right back together after a long weekend off to beat it again.

Plus the Legion as a cohesive force is kinda moot now. As sweet a deal as they had getting to stomp all over creation, it's in the demons' very chaotic nature to scatter and do their own thing without a rigid infrastructure to keep them in line and on task. That's the whole reason Sargeras put the orderly eredar in charge to keep them organized and obedient, and the only thing that gave the eredar lasting authority over the infinite ranks of other demons was the threat of Sargeras' wrath backing them up and, presumably, their deaths sending them straight to Antorus for punishment. Without him and without Anrotus, the eredar have nothing comparable to leverage obedience from the Legion's armies, and the demons' inherent tendency toward Disorder should have their unity falling apart.

Theoretically things should "reset" back to the way it was before Sargeras' "age of demons," with the nathrezim doing their own brand of subversion wherever they sneak in, tons of singular pit lords running around with smaller armies of those lesser demons they can bully into service, the eredar perhaps becoming something akin to their old pre-retcon description, and no enforceable, singular goal behind it all.

Moreover, the only time we ever heard of a titan finding demons already on a planet they hadn't visited before was the Old God-infested one, so it's possible the old-school demon incursions were partly a result of the titans' own Reordering attracting them there, or at the very least the inhabitants of titan-Reordered planets being particularly prone to delve into the arcane, which would attract them there. Either of which could mean that without the Pantheon running around implementing their brand of Order on more planets, even the rate of disconnected demonic invasions around the universe may hit something of a wall.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

next legion expansion is anything between 5-10 expansions away.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-12-2017, 05:26 AM

Arch-Druid

You're probably right ARM. I was just going by Diablo, where he burns through whatever gem or person he's imprisoned in in about a decade or so.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Do we know how long trolls live? Is Rastakhan's 200+ natural or extended?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Do we know how long trolls live? Is Rastakhan's 200+ natural or extended?
RPG mentioned them having a lifespan similar to humans. Since Rastakhan is empowered by Loa, his life is likely extended.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Since Rastakhan is empowered by Loa
Source for this?
Old 11-12-2017, 03:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Source for this?
From one of the lorewalker scrolls in 5.2

https://wow.gamepedia.com/For_Council_and_King
Old 11-16-2017, 05:04 AM

Dryad

Question for those who of you who have read Pearl of Pandaria: what is the Jug of a Thousand Cups? It's mentioned in the Wowpedia articles for Chen and Grimbooze Thunderbrew, but the object doesn't have an article of its own and the wiki doesn't really elaborate on what it is, what its properties are, or how Chen acquired it. Reason I'm asking is because I've been doing research in regards to the quotes and abilities of Heroes of the Storm heroes, and I got curious about Li Li's "Jug of 1,000 Cups" Heroic.

Here's the relevant Wowpedia section:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grimbooze_...rl_of_Pandaria
Quote:
It is revealed in Pearl of Pandaria that years ago, Grimbooze was the owner of the family's Thunderbrew Distillery in Kharanos, when who should walk in but Chen Stormstout, wanting to sample Grimbooze's finest recipe. The two drank many cups of each others' beer, draining many a Thunderbrew keg and Chen's magic Jug of a Thousand Cups, and both declared the other one better. To decide once and for all, they held a large brew taste-testing contest in Dun Morogh that became the origin of Brewfest.

When Chen traveled onward, he left behind his Jug of a Thousand Cups with Grimbooze. In the personal opinion of his grandson Daran Thunderbrew, Grimbooze enjoyed the use of the Jug a bit too much, as it caused his move to Westfall and the reason he spoke only in rhymes. He in turn left the Jug behind at home and Daran eventually came in possession of it. When Li Li Stormstout came to see him at Brewfest, Daran passed the Jug on to her saying that not only should the Jug stay in the Stormstout family, but that he didn't want to risk ending up like Grimbooze.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3

Tags
isn't taran zhu dead?, lore, newbie, where are illidans pants