Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 05-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Gotta disagree, if they'll stick Amazon and Novazon in there there's plenty of room for the alt genders.

Wizard's still got plenty of spells.

If Probius didn't step all over Gazlowe then Demon Hunter wouldn't especially if they apply the sentry like an ult or something.
Uh, Novazon and Amazon aren't really the same thing. The Novazon is a skin for an existing hero that plays nothing like an Amazon. The Amazon hero is a javazon specifically to avoid overlap between her, the other archers and the Novazon skin aesthetically.

Wizard's got plenty of spells that basically do the same thing, though. I mean you've got like... Time Warp I guess.

But between Medivh, Jaina, Kael and Li Ming... and Chromie, there isn't too much room left for things that would be reasonable in a MobA.

And Probius does kind of step all over Gazlowe. They're very similar in a lot of ways.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Uh, Novazon and Amazon aren't really the same thing. The Novazon is a skin for an existing hero that plays nothing like an Amazon. The Amazon hero is a javazon specifically to avoid overlap between her, the other archers and the Novazon skin aesthetically.

Wizard's got plenty of spells that basically do the same thing, though. I mean you've got like... Time Warp I guess.

But between Medivh, Jaina, Kael and Li Ming... and Chromie, there isn't too much room left for things that would be reasonable in a MobA.

And Probius does kind of step all over Gazlowe. They're very similar in a lot of ways.
The crossbow was a D2 weaponset for the Amazon though, even if some of the spells aren't the same, the notion that the genderflipped versions of the D3 heroes could exist using their altweapons and skills.

Wizard still has shockbolts, electrocute, hydra, etc... he could make an excellent lightning themed caster.

It's not as if they're never going to add more mage-style heroes, there's plenty of design room left.

They're both area-denial champs but the way they interact with their turrets and spells is different.

This feels like thinking butcher wouldn't happen cause stitches already has the hook.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 PM

Keeper of the Grove

I've only been playing this game for like 5 minutes, but for half a Hanamura match, I thought Amazon!Nova was Cassia and that she got stealth from a talent. It didn't help that she was literally in our faces with Azmodan and Lucio.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:47 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I've only been playing this game for like 5 minutes, but for half a Hanamura match, I thought Amazon!Nova was Cassia and that she got stealth from a talent. It didn't help that she was literally in our faces with Azmodan and Lucio.
Good lord man how? She doesn't have a Javelin or shield or helmet.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-20-2017, 11:54 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Good lord man how? She doesn't have a Javelin or shield or helmet.
Lol I was by myself as Tyrande and I was too distracted calling for help while trying to stun and owl the Azmodan who was melting the towers and unleashing demons.

And I completely forgot Nova even had that skin.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:14 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
The crossbow was a D2 weaponset for the Amazon though, even if some of the spells aren't the same, the notion that the genderflipped versions of the D3 heroes could exist using their altweapons and skills.

Wizard still has shockbolts, electrocute, hydra, etc... he could make an excellent lightning themed caster.

It's not as if they're never going to add more mage-style heroes, there's plenty of design room left.

They're both area-denial champs but the way they interact with their turrets and spells is different.

This feels like thinking butcher wouldn't happen cause stitches already has the hook.
No it's like thinking because the gender-flipped versions are so similar to their gender counterparts that it would be very hard to give them entirely different kits.

And... like... the electric wizard kit just sounds like a mix of some random stuff that'd overlap a ton with existing abilities. The Li Ming kit is much more reflective of what the D3 wizard is and is way more distinct.

Also Kael's Phoenix is basically the ult version of Gazlowe and Probius's turrets already. And that'd basically be how the Hydra would work.

I just think if they're gonna do more distinct Diablo heroes, it'll be the guys from D1 and D2.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
They're more likely to make them legendary skins like Prime Evil Diablo.
I'd be fine with that, although it'd probably lose out on potential cool skin ideas those alternate genders could have themselves.

If they add anymore classic Diablo characters, then I want the Druid and some of the D1 classes. Or some of the villains like Andariel.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 PM

World Builder

Andariel's gonna be interesting to see a modern adaptation of, she's a lot like Kerrigan in her original look.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-22-2017, 10:38 PM

Arch-Druid

I am hoping we start getting hints soon. I like d.va, but I am hoping for a big name character.

Tags
balls, blizzard, eye of kilrog, glorious polygon butt, glöryis2sweden, inevitable pyroblast doom, moba