Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 05-24-2017, 11:35 AM

Elune

There's usually a Blizzcon/Black Friday deal. GOTY for $20 is probably your best bet.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I like some of the anniversary skins (particularly D.Va's '50s-influenced one), but the lack of any unified theme is distracting.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 05-24-2017, 12:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I like some of the anniversary skins (particularly D.Va's '50s-influenced one), but the lack of any unified theme is distracting.
Maybe they wanted them to be like the launch skins which don't really have a theme. Mercy had a viking and a devil.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Maybe they wanted them to be like the launch skins which don't really have a theme. Mercy had a viking and a devil.
Could be.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
After killing 5 people with Reaper's Death Blossom ultimate and then killing 4 people again with it in the exact same match... I'm considering playing him a hell of a lot more.
Reaper is my most played Hero overall, but I've barely played him for more than a few minutes in months.

Far too many people know how easy he is to counter now. If you're playing against complete noobs/morons; he's amazing, otherwise there are literally numerous better picks for what he does well: Flanking, tearing a weak backline apart, and tank busting. It could be argued he does the last bit "best" but only if left alone which, again, no even remotely decent team will allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
So as bad as I am at Comp I still wanted to play a bit and try to get some more points for a weapon. What really is getting under my skin is, why do people play competitive but don't talk? I always felt that if you are doing ranked you should communicate to improve chances to win. Had some decent games and some horrible ones. One game the opposing team captured the first point in about a minute and then steamrolled onto the next in about 2. Then to add to it when a soldier doesn't realize he needs to take out the Pharah...I am not looking forward to the free weekend.
On a positive note Im doing much better with Torb and having a blast with him especially when people tell me to not play him.
Voice is a must, at least for the person calling the plays. Not every single person NEEDS to talk (I generally don't, not big on using the mic) but the leader absolutely has to otherwise nothing will work.

Torb is my second highest played overall, probably one of my favourites if not -THE- favourite. So many people don't know how he works, most games I play him I end up with 3 Golds minimum, easy.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
It's *OK* to have national pride, and to want to put your own country's interests first. That's reasonable. It's also OK to expect immigrants to embrace your culture before they try to shove theirs down your throat... after cutting your throat open...
Old 05-24-2017, 03:16 PM

Keeper of the Grove

This really should've been a permanent content update instead of an event.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:32 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
This really should've been a permanent content update instead of an event.
Yup, I mean it largely is a permanent content update masquerading as an event to sell lootboxes. It's really disappointing, especially when following on uprisings heels. Uprising should have been the anniversary
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 AM

Neat.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 AM

Arch-Druid

So just this morning I received money and just bought the damn Origins Edition

Perhaps would team up with irl friend of mine, who is just too damn good for the normal crowd here in gaming clubs people usually go to.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:57 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post

Neat.
Amazing, given how much I play Junkrat I wish one of my friends was a Roadhog main for just all the best buds two part sprays and little things like this.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:45 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Amazing, given how much I play Junkrat I wish one of my friends was a Roadhog main for just all the best buds two part sprays and little things like this.
Ill be your friend just to do this haha.
Those things are pretty damn cool. Its almost a bust to do comp now, apparently even in high levels of play people are just not giving a shit. I mean i guess that happens at the end of a season but still.
Going to actually get into comp right away next season and spend the next few days trying out mercy to help out healing since i usually play lucio
Old 05-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Yup, I mean it largely is a permanent content update masquerading as an event to sell lootboxes. It's really disappointing, especially when following on uprisings heels. Uprising should have been the anniversary
Yeah given how solid Uprising was, this event is just so incredibly lacklustre. I legit do not get how they dropped the ball this hard.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Quote:
It's *OK* to have national pride, and to want to put your own country's interests first. That's reasonable. It's also OK to expect immigrants to embrace your culture before they try to shove theirs down your throat... after cutting your throat open...
Old 05-25-2017, 11:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Reaper is my most played Hero overall, but I've barely played him for more than a few minutes in months.

Far too many people know how easy he is to counter now. If you're playing against complete noobs/morons; he's amazing, otherwise there are literally numerous better picks for what he does well: Flanking, tearing a weak backline apart, and tank busting. It could be argued he does the last bit "best" but only if left alone which, again, no even remotely decent team will allow.
Definitely seems like he's relegated to being the "beginner hero"... easy to pick up and play but rarely as successful as more complex choices. To be honest I've never been a fan of that kind of balance.

Regardless, I think he's on the fast track to becoming my new favorite, not just because of how he plays but also because he's damn well the coolest looking hero with perhaps the best skins only rivaled by Reinhardt. I'm still struggling to decide if I want to spend my coins on getting the Nevermore or Mariachi skin for him, and I still regret not playing the game during Halloween when Pumpkinhead Reaper was still available.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:20 AM

Elune

Vast majority of games now, even in QM, are 2 tanks. And almost always, one of those is fucking Hookhog.

Reaper is utter trash while the meta is like this. I don't like it, because he's certainly one of my favourite heroes, but unless they revamp his kit a little, it's not going to change.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2017, 01:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Half of Blizzard's skins are bullshit and the other half are brilliant. Don't even get me started on HoTS. The Candyland bullshit in that game was a big factor in me never wanting to play it. Anyway, for every goth Zarya we must endure, we also get a masterpiece like Sun Wukong Winston or witch Mercy. I guess I can live with that.

The best anniversary skins by far are D.Va and Lucio. It's no contest for me. I'd use the Pharah and Zarya skins. Tracer's is truly awful. The rest are pretty forgettable. Lucio basically wins by default since he gets special music too.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Keeper of the Grove

I missed Total Mayhem, but what I didn't miss are people's AWFUL character choices. Who in their right mind looks at Widow and thinks, "Man!! She would TOTALLY benefit from a cooldown reduction and higher health pool!!!!!!!" Or look at the support line up and think, "Yessir, I'm gonna solo heal as Mercy!!"
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Zarya is super OP in Mayhem.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Getting to fly in TM as Junkrat will always have a place in my heart
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

my only reason for wanting the goty/origins edition is for reaper skin and maybe for the bastion skin.

I wish i could buy them separately. because 20 bucks for a skin and a half (because maybe) feels too much.

You can buy a game that costs that much.

5 bucks is fine homever
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Today, 09:43 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

I want to say it was Oma who once said that 76 is basically Old Man Metzen and it looks like it's not entirely untrue.

Also Reaper being able to see people less than half health through walls sounds like it might actually make him not easy as hell to counter.
Old Today, 04:10 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
I want to say it was Oma who once said that 76 is basically Old Man Metzen and it looks like it's not entirely untrue.
That news is so old that it's from 2006 when the art was up on Sons of the Storm. I mean for fuck sakes he made a comic 2010 was the future then!

Last edited by Sonneillon; Today at 04:36 PM..

Tags
blizzard tf2, general thread