Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

I didn't suggest the "turn them all into Void Elves" option as it seems to be absolutely reviled in the community pushing for the race as it would mean they ultimately wouldn't be High Elves anymore, wherelse as an Allied race they still would be. I personally believe that's nitpicky as hell but if the goal is to end the whining that didn't seem ideal.

That being said, I did not consider the idea of giving Void Elves the full High Elf makeover with the tattoos etc. Throw in said conversion questline and that's probably the best compromise to end most of the complaints.

I'd be against a questline to unlock those options at character select though. You're kindoff reaching a risky threshold to have an unlockable for an unlockable. Better to just have a patch cover the story around them all joining Alleria whilst allowing the visual options at character select immediatly.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
I didn't suggest the "turn them all into Void Elves" option as it seems to be absolutely reviled in the community pushing for the race as it would mean they ultimately wouldn't be High Elves anymore, wherelse as an Allied race they still would be. I personally believe that's nitpicky as hell but if the goal is to end the whining that didn't seem ideal.

That being said, I did not consider the idea of giving Void Elves the full High Elf makeover with the tattoos etc. Throw in said conversion questline and that's probably the best compromise to end most of the complaints.

I'd be against a questline to unlock those options at character select though. You're kindoff reaching a risky threshold to have an unlockable for an unlockable. Better to just have a patch cover the story around them all joining Alleria whilst allowing the visual options at character select immediatly.
It all depends on how it's done. If it seems like Blizzard is giving high elf fans the middle finger, everybody will hate it, but the discussion will be over. If Blizzard is mindful, makes a good story, turns important high elf NPCs into void elves in some tasteful way and adds some customization as cherry on top, people may resist at first but will end up accepting it easier. But I'd prefer the social integration of both elf types over total conversion of high elves.

As for unlocking things for the unlockable race, I don't see it as a problem. It's just another carrot to pursue in-game. As long as it's not a long grind again, I'd be fine with it.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

To expand on my orcish bleeding hollow eyepatch customization idea, this could actually tie in to Saurfang’s story. He could go to the Outland version of the Bleeding Hollow cave to find out whether he ever will get the Warrior’s Death that he’s been denied.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
To expand on my orcish bleeding hollow eyepatch customization idea, this could actually tie in to Saurfang’s story. He could go to the Outland version of the Bleeding Hollow cave to find out whether he ever will get the Warrior’s Death that he’s been denied.
Should involve Jorin Deadeye of all Orc people.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:57 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Should involve Jorin Deadeye of all Orc people.
Absolutely. He’d be the guide, and the one who smoothes things over so that Saurfang can even be there.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Humans - Customization representing other kingdoms and groups like Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, Scarlet Crusade, etc. Smooth beards, more stylish long and short hairstyles, more elegant/handsome/rugged faces, albino option like Whitemane, choice between more agile body and buff body.

Dwarves - More stone-like options, like beards made of literal stone or more rock motif to them. Tattoos with more of a stone-motif and Bronzebeard flavor to them. (Personally I think Wildhammers are actually gonna be an allied race someday so that's why I'm not suggesting them be moved to customization.)

Gnomes - Mechanical options and customization because I think that's better than Mechagnomes being a full blown allied race.

Draenei - Red hair

Worgen - Night Warrior customization like Night Elves have, darker fur patterns (brown, black, grey), glowing black eyes. Also Bloodfang-style tattoos.

Void Elves - High Elf customization and war paint, maybe void-like eye option.

Night Elves - Druid of the Claw physique option for males. Nothing too dramatic, just take the current model and make it far more muscular and stout.

Trolls - Something similar, muscular and stout option to look more like Revantusk Trolls. Also give them beards.

Forsaken - More intact skin option, beards.

Orcs - Skin options for the other clans that aren't represented by the Mag'har, like the Dragonmaw. Maybe add Fel Orc skin in there as well.

Goblins - Mechanical options like Gnomes would get, or Gilblin options.

Tauren - Grimtotem options like said, or maybe more Sun-blessed features with tribal holy-style tattoos and glowing golden eyes like the Blood Elves were given.

Nightborne - Slanted eyes, better face options, more arcane features. (Glowing hands like certain characters, maybe?)

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 11-21-2018 at 10:03 AM..