Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 02-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Gold Tides of the Green Tooth

…The War of the Iron Horde made for good business. As the Goblin proverb goes, “Where there’s war, there’s profit.” As the powers that be lurched offworld to fight the Siege of Draenor, the seas of Azeroth were left open to free traders of all kinds…

…Notorious in certain specialized circles was the spice runner Green Tooth. The Green Tooth “facilitated movement” of certain exotic spices, particularly vanilla bean…
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Echo of the Past

Well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I hope I didn't overstep my authority by deciding on a name for our boat.
Not at all. So how did we acquire this ship? Is it Goblin? Did we take a job for a cartel, or maybe take a job for a cartel and then go renegade?
Old 02-10-2015, 04:51 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Well played.

Not at all. So how did we acquire this ship? Is it Goblin? Did we take a job for a cartel, or maybe take a job for a cartel and then go renegade?
Going AWOL with a hold full of cartel cargo might be a good way to make things interesting. I get the impression Goblins don't take kindly to being swindled. If we go with that, we could pick a cartel to be a persistent adversary.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2015, 05:20 PM

Problemsolver

I can't really tell you why I stepped through the doorway. I don't have a working circulatory system, nor do I have any sorrows to drown. And I fucking hate crowds. But just as my father, and his father before him, I felt a compulsion to round off my evenings at the nearest available booze distributor. And this night that establishment was the Salty Sailor Tavern in Booty Bay.
The place was packed. And the people were loud. It was a pain to walk in there, to say the least. I could see immediately that the bartender wasn't very happy about me bringing along Fitzgerald. But I've yet to see the day a 4 foot goblin takes on a 200 pound mastiff.

After having finished my first mug I could see a goblin making his way through the sea of piss drunk freebooters and half-conscious bloodthistle whores. He was waving some kind of flyer in his hand, seemingly scouting the tavern for relatively sober men.
"Yo!" he exclaimed when he saw me. Damnit, I thought to myself. "You look like yous the kind of guy who doesn't turn down some of that sweet moolah, am I right? Of course I am. Everybody loves gold." I fucking hate goblin recruiters. "So listen. There's this ship down by the docks that's short a crew. The captain, I owe him a favor. Told him I'd get the best." The goblin slapped a flyer on the table. "It's an easy living, buddy. And you get to see the world. The plan is for the ship to leave tomorrow afternoon. The Green Tooth, it's called. You won't miss it." The goblin started walking away towards the next guy in the tavern. "So I'll see you there? Yeah, I'll see you there."

I looked at the flyer and thought about it for a few minutes. "What do you say, Fitz? Fancy a few months at sea?"

Quote:
Initially I think we should be employed by a cartel to ship cargo. And we make a few trips back and forth between places. And then when we realize we get badly paid or something, we do what Anansi said, and disappear with a ship full of expensive cargo.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Gold From the Logbook of Solomon Lensgrinder

Look, I get it. I know cartel work is a raw deal, everybody knows that. But what they fail to realize is a gig with the Venture Company is a gig for life. You don't just cut and run on a cartel job, and you definitely don't steal five thousand gold worth of vanilla extract from under the Venture Company's nose. Not if you're planning on ever weighing anchor in a goblin port again.

Smugglers! Try convincing the useless bastards not to stick their dick in a flintlock, and soon enough they'll have gone and done and tried it. Bloody pirates took it as some kind of challenge, antagonizing the most ruthless Goblin cartel in the known world. I knew it was a mistake to sign on with the Venture Company in the first place, but did anyone listen? Of course not. Nobody ever listens to the engineer.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2015, 06:28 PM

Problemsolver

Okay, so are we going to try and establish the crew? For example, who's the captain? Will it be one of "our" characters all along, or is there one assigned by the cartel that we'll eventually go pirate on?

We have our engineer already. And my undead character could serve as a simple deckhand. Or better yet; the ship's lookout, considering the fact that he doesn't need any food or sleep.

@Triumvirate&TheBaron: The jungle troll character, and the ogre-mage character, what jobs have you thought they'd have on the ship?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Okay, so are we going to try and establish the crew? For example, who's the captain? Will it be one of "our" characters all along, or is there one assigned by the cartel that we'll eventually go pirate on?
Hey, don't look at me, I'm just the technician. I don't get paid to make the big decisions.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2015, 09:08 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:

We have our engineer already. And my undead character could serve as a simple deckhand. Or better yet; the ship's lookout, considering the fact that he doesn't need any food or sleep.

@Triumvirate&TheBaron: The jungle troll character, and the ogre-mage character, what jobs have you thought they'd have on the ship?
The ship will need a cook, I know that.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post

After that business with the Van Cleef family went sour, Cookie found a new crew on which to practice his arts.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Anansi; 02-11-2015 at 08:24 AM..
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Nobody's jumping to be the captain. We may end up with a more "town hall" style of leadership.

Quote:

Undead Deckhand/Lookout
Gnomish Engineer
Is Shaman volunteering to be a Murloc Cook?
Jungle Troll Something

My ogre-mage can be either the navigator or the pilot. He can also do grunt work like hauling cargo, rowing, and loading cannon.

But since we have a few clever people already but no spellcasters, I'll make him a little more magical and a little less intelligent than intended.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:56 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Nobody's jumping to be the captain. We may end up with a more "town hall" style of leadership.
Sound good to me. So mutiny it is, followed by a conglomerate leadership?

Quote:
Is Shaman volunteering to be a Murloc Cook?
I'm afraid Shamoo is just making a reference to Cookie, cook on the Defias' juggernaut. In Cataclysm, in the revamped Deadmines dungeon, he appears as the last boss in the low level version, with the title of "Captain".

Dungeon Journal
Quote:
Cookie proclaimed himself captain of the Defias Brotherhood's juggernaut following its previous commander's death. Although he still performs his official duties as chief cook, anyone who questions the validity of his captain title has been known to come down with a severe case of food poisoning.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I like the idea of Cookie searching for a new ship after his job at the Deadmines fell through.

And who better to serve as our captain?

EDIT: I think it would be fun in a whimsical sort of way if Cookie was even the one who put this crew together.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2015, 11:00 AM

Problemsolver

What about him being the one who's behind the mutiny?

He was hired as the ship's cook by the Venture Co., but after having been on the ship for months and only be paid in useless silver and golden metals, he was enraged and staged a coup d'état, poisoning the old crew and forcing the captain to employ a new one. With few crew members truly loyal to the Venture Co. left on the ship, taking control of the wheel was no problem for the sneaky murloc.

edit:
Because I have too much time on my hands.

Last edited by Aneurysm; 02-11-2015 at 11:40 AM..
Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post

Noooess!! One of the few jobs I thought a Troll would be good at... Or at least, I like the comedic potential of a Trollish chef.

"Eye & Raspberry Sorbet", anyone? : )

Quote:
Quote:
...EDIT: I think it would be fun in a whimsical sort of way if Cookie was even the one who put this crew together.
What about him being the one who's behind the mutiny?

He was hired as the ship's cook by the Venture Co., but after having been on the ship for months and only be paid in useless silver and golden metals, he was enraged and staged a coup d'état, poisoning the old crew and forcing the captain to employ a new one. With few crew members truly loyal to the Venture Co. left on the ship, taking control of the wheel was no problem for the sneaky murloc.
I'm all for it. WHIMSICALITY TO THE MAX.

Quote:
Quote:
But since we have a few clever people already but no spellcasters, I'll make him a little more magical and a little less intelligent than intended.
Welllllllll.....

That's a great question. I'm really not sure; in fact, I've (surprisingly) never done any sort of RP-type dealie as this. To be honest, I've always been a little 'wigged out' or 'afraid' of them. But I'm giving this a chance... Just be gentle with me, Senpai. : )

That being said, I won't be Captain (can't have any ridiculous references, now can we? : P), and if I can't be cook...

I've got it.

(actual image forthcoming)

Quote:
: You're gonna come with us.
Name:  WoW_Troll__Shwashwa_by_Beastysakura.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  22.0 KB: Pa'don me?
: Ya like ships. Ya don't seem to be looking at the destinations. Whatcha care about is the ships and mine's the nicest.
Size:  22.0 KB: She don' look like much...
: Ah... she'll fool ya. You ever sail in a Chebec?
Size:  22.0 KB: Long before ya made ya first profit, goblin. Not an aught-four though. Didn' have de sparring. Tended ta quiver.
: So, um, how come ya don't care where you're going?
Size:  22.0 KB: 'Cause how ya get dere is de worthier part.
: Well said, my tribal friend! Welcome, to the Green Tooth.
The thing this crew needs is a touch of de spiritual... I say you'd even be willing to pick up an itinerant Troll. Dressed in strange robes & adorned in strange markings, she won't use her real name, she won't talk about where she's from & she won't part from her massive pet snake, Yatha. She will, however, freely spread the good word of the Jungle Troll's resident snake Loa, Hethiss : ), for the Ophi'daes clan... But even her faith is a matter of question. She seems to have a few skeletons in her closet (common practice for a Troll, really), but she's an able hand and a proudly autonomous warrior-priestess.

Signing up Sahr'kehri as "Ship Chaplain/Cook?/Deckhand/'Public Relations'/Missionary". Let's see where this goes.

(This works out really well, actually; I started writing as this character for a short story contest on another site... While the contest fell apart, I'm still finishing the story for kicks, and because it provides delicious background-y lore meat for what'll turn out to be an important character in my Troll campaign... And this simply does more of the same. Mo' backstory is mo' bettah.
Also gives me an excuse to flesh her out a bit more in a different setting; I'm no good at writing characters & am really not sure what she should be like. But I can try.
Also also, I get to play a girl. And you can't say I'm doing it to stare at a curvaceous behind, either! xD)

//EDIT//
Fixed the image-size.
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/

Last edited by Khyrberos; 02-12-2015 at 02:47 PM..
Old 02-11-2015, 02:45 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
Noooess!! One of the few jobs I thought a Troll would be good at... Or at least, I like the comedic potential of a Trollish chef.

"Eye & Raspberry Sorbet", anyone? : )
Compromise: Your Troll is Cookie's apprentice.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Compromise: Your Troll is Cookie's apprentice.
Done an' done. : )

This way half of ya'll's meals taste a bit fishy, and the other half you have to fish out body parts.

//EDIT//

So now we've got a Pilot, an Engineer, a Chaplain & a Cook/Captain (?)... All we need is a Mercenary, a Soldier, a Doctor, a Prodigy, and a Courtesan. xD
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
So now we've got a Pilot, an Engineer, a Chaplain & a Cook/Captain (?)... All we need is a Mercenary, a Soldier, a Doctor, a Prodigy, and a Courtesan. xD
Depending on the size of our vessel, there might be quite a few deckhands required as well.

On a frigate, for example, we'd probably need at least 20 men to be able to sail the ship without too much hassle. And even more if we'd hope to survive a naval battle, should the Venture Co. catch up with us.

We'd be alright with a smaller crew on an elven destroyed, I suppose. Those are smaller and don't carry as much firepower, and would probably be able to outrun any potential hostiles.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Let's say Gra'kol has been sailing with the Venture Company since the mid '20s. (the beginning of WoW)

He's not very clever, but the process of turning him into an ogre-mage had the side-effect of making him a living lodestone. When in a body of water or a sailing ship, he naturally/magically has impeccable direction. And in the years since, he's been on crews that have sailed between Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms several times. Makes him an ideal navigator, if nothing else.

He wouldn't have been in on the mutiny plot. The people here would have had to convince him through trickery, or perhaps bribery, or perhaps making him lose a bet based on a physical or magical feat, or perhaps confusing him because Cookie technically was his assigned captain. Or maybe he was already friends with someone... he might have seen the gnome or the dead guy during the Second or Third War (grounds for friendship even if they were on opposing sides), or he may have met the jungle troll when he was hiding in Stranglethorn after the Dark Portal's first destruction.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 02-12-2015 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-12-2015, 03:09 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Man, why did nobody tell me my linked images were so hideously, screen-stretchingly huge? Eesh, whatta eyesore. Shorry.

^Sounds good, Grackle. I'm not sure it's likely ours would've met, but whatevs.

~~~

So maybe we should clear this up (or better said: "help me get what's going on")... Are we supposed to.. do something? Introduce ourselves? Talk or something? Describe what we do? Is there a thing to be done?

I is are confused.
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:30 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
So maybe we should clear this up (or better said: "help me get what's going on")... Are we supposed to.. do something? Introduce ourselves? Talk or something? Describe what we do? Is there a thing to be done?

I is are confused.
Well, as far as I've understood it, we're building a collaborative fictional experience for a couple of characters. I suppose it's a type of small-scale world building, set on Azeroth during the current expansion of WoW. And if you want you can incorporate a character of yours from the game, as I have with my undead hunter.

And no. I don't think we're really going to do anything, if you mean us interracting in-character with eachother and make a roleplay thing out of it. But then again, nobody's stopping you from writing character introductions or snippets of texts regarding the smuggling enterprise, like the things we've posted previously. That just adds flavour for anyone involved.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Well, as far as I've understood it, we're building a collaborative fictional experience for a couple of characters. I suppose it's a type of small-scale world building, set on Azeroth during the current expansion of WoW. And if you want you can incorporate a character of yours from the game, as I have with my undead hunter.

And no. I don't think we're really going to do anything, if you mean us interracting in-character with eachother and make a roleplay thing out of it. But then again, nobody's stopping you from writing character introductions or snippets of texts regarding the smuggling enterprise, like the things we've posted previously. That just adds flavour for anyone involved.
Hum... ok... So what then? If we're not truly "RPing" or going on any particular adventure, what's the impetus to type?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse about this; I guess I'm just a "reactive" kinda guy; I need some sort of "actionable item" to respond to...?

If we're worldbuilding, why not just do that (as Anansi is doing in another thread; bandying about ideas for building a world)? Or are we doing that in the guise of RP?

Still game for whatever.
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I don't "bandy about," insolent cur!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-13-2015, 08:05 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Hum... ok... So what then? If we're not truly "RPing" or going on any particular adventure, what's the impetus to type?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse about this; I guess I'm just a "reactive" kinda guy; I need some sort of "actionable item" to respond to...?

If we're worldbuilding, why not just do that (as Anansi is doing in another thread; bandying about ideas for building a world)? Or are we doing that in the guise of RP?

Still game for whatever.
So what I had in mind was... let's say that one of your characters is Sahr'kehri the jungle troll. You play with her or RP with her, or maybe have a fanfiction with her.

What was she doing, around the Year 31 or so? She was here on the Green Tooth. Who did she interact with? These other characters. It's a section of her backstory.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
So what I had in mind was... let's say that one of your characters is Sahr'kehri the jungle troll. You play with her or RP with her, or maybe have a fanfiction with her.

What was she doing, around the Year 31 or so? She was here on the Green Tooth. Who did she interact with? These other characters. It's a section of her backstory.
Huh.

So... If I don't play (with) her, or RP (with) her, or have a fanfiction (well, kinda, WIP, but it wasn't intentional, just for a Contest)... What should I do/feel?

(Where are you getting these specific years/dates from?)
Quote:
Triumvirate; you weird.
Quote:
I like this guy.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:07 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Huh.

So... If I don't play (with) her, or RP (with) her, or have a fanfiction (well, kinda, WIP, but it wasn't intentional, just for a Contest)... What should I do/feel?
Umm... (shrug)

I'm just screwing around, myself.

Quote:
(Where are you getting these specific years/dates from?)
I think the timeline places Mists of Pandaria at Year 30?

Tags
arpee, collaboration, creative, fun and games, storytelling