Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I'm not saying I believe that bit, but it's a bit hypocritical of Sylvanas to be all "cast aside your old lives" while still calling herself Sylvanas Windrunner, her name before death(since she encourages them to change their names after becoming Forsaken, after all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Blizzard came out and debunked the rumours of playable blood trolls. Good. Less insanity for us to deal.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...087985#post-16

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 06-12-2018, 02:55 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'm not saying I believe that bit, but it's a bit hypocritical of Sylvanas to be all "cast aside your old lives" while still calling herself Sylvanas Windrunner, her name before death(since she encourages them to change their names after becoming Forsaken, after all)
Is hypocrisy truly out of character for her?

Besides, it really makes sense if you think of it. While the Forsaken people may in fact have reason to claim themselves the people of Lordaeron, Sylvanas has no claim herself on its throne. She was an Elf. That’s why she feels the need to execute Calia personally, since Calia does have that claim. The Banshee Queen has no claim on the throne of Lordaeron, but has legitimate enough claim on rulership over the undead. There’s certainly a great deal of precedence for a new regime to seek to eradicate the very memory of the dynasty that came before.

Read “The Prince” by Nicollo Machiavelli. Once you filter through all the renaissance anecdotes compare Machiavelli’s recommendations to Sylvanas’ actions.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Read “The Prince” by Nicollo Machiavelli. Once you filter through all the renaissance anecdotes compare Machiavelli’s recommendations to Sylvanas’ actions.
Sylvanas' actions end with her being chased off the continent
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:44 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Didn’t realize you believed in the “Forsaken = Lordaeron” narrative.

I did, and this does contradict that, I imagine Blizz is backpedaling away from that to make room for Calia, possibly with her redeemed dead. Not to mention the Alliance reclaiming Lordaeron.
There's no grounds to have them be the same as Lordaeron's citizenry under Terenas AND have them pal around with the greenskins who tried to genocide them (who's leader let them in for... something) then proceed genocide their neighbors unless something happened to them to change them to their core. Effectively making them new beings instead of humans with skin conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Sylvanas' actions end with her being chased off the continent
More or less yeah. Apply believeable politics and geopolitics then the Horde/Forsaken gets crushed or doesn't get near as far as it does since the Alliance and Neutrals wouldn't be so lenient towards it.

Last edited by Cacofonix; 06-12-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 08:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

This thread should be renamed how to make gurzog angry.

I hate you guys you guys dont want cool horde you want lame horde.

We need cool horde with tanks and shit (Iron horde tanks) not lame as demolishers from warcraft 3

Warcraft 3 horde is dead alliance and horde need to use cool tech nnot faction tech evolve forwards not use mudhuts blood and iron not blood and mud
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I like the Horde Azerite War Machine design. I agree with the Iron Horde tech use; Wasn't even WoD that introduce such weaponry. It was TRUE HORDE!

I liked the True Horde concept far better than Iron Horde.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:54 AM

Arch-Druid

I just heard that Blizzard is releasing two short stories. Does anyone have any info on that?

If that's true, then I guess the expansion release schedule would be something like this:

05/22 - Jaina comic
05/29 - Magni comic
06/05 - Windrunner comic
06/12 - Before the Storm book
06/19 - Short story (Alliance?)
06/26 - Short story (Horde?)
07/03 - Artifact send-off quest activated ("Unstable artifact" visual enabled, but weapon is still functional)
07/10 - 8.0 release
07/17 - Darkshore content starts
07/24 - ??? (Burning of Teldrassil?)
07/31 - ???
08/07 - ??? (Battle of Lordaeron?)
08/14 - Battle for Azeroth release

Old 06-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I just heard that Blizzard is releasing two short stories. Does anyone have any info on that?
CE content.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
CE content.
But will they be released to the general public?

Someone replied to me in MMO-C saying that they'll be released, the CE version will have exclusive pictures in the books. If that's accurate, then we will probably see the stories in the coming weeks.

--------------------------------

Other news:

Graves for the characters that die in Before the Storm were added to the revamped Arathi in the Beta.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284948/g...-beta-spoilers

Last edited by Deicide; 06-13-2018 at 10:23 AM..
Old 06-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

WoWhead datamined some new broadcast text which significantly changes our understanding of the burning of Teldrassil.

Sylvanas 100% did not want to burn it down, in fact it burning down ruined her plans for Kalimdor and the war itself. She wanted to capture Teldrassil and keep the night elf populace as slaves/prisoners of war, with her reasoning being that the Alliance would never try to retake Darnassus because the Horde could just use all the enslaved night elves as hostages. Either they'd get killed in the crossfire or the Horde will execute them all before the Alliance arrived.

Now Sylvanas could be lying, but the above actually does sound like the kind of plan she'd do.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:35 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
But will they be released to the general public?

Someone replied to me in MMO-C saying that they'll be released, the CE version will have exclusive pictures in the books. If that's accurate, then we will probably see the stories in the coming weeks.
It is accurate.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21669947
Quote:
Double-Sided Story Book: Elegy & A Good War
Every great war story has two sides. This limited edition hardback version collects two new World of Warcraft novellas depicting the Burning of Teldrassil from the point of view of the Alliance (Elegy, by Christie Golden) and the Horde (A Good War, by Robert Brooks). Each story includes original artwork exclusive to this edition*.

*Both stories will become available online later this year, but buying the Collector’s Edition will remain the only way to own the exclusive hardback version containing original artwork.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 06-13-2018, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
WoWhead datamined some new broadcast text which significantly changes our understanding of the burning of Teldrassil.

Sylvanas 100% did not want to burn it down, in fact it burning down ruined her plans for Kalimdor and the war itself. She wanted to capture Teldrassil and keep the night elf populace as slaves/prisoners of war, with her reasoning being that the Alliance would never try to retake Darnassus because the Horde could just use all the enslaved night elves as hostages. Either they'd get killed in the crossfire or the Horde will execute them all before the Alliance arrived.

Now Sylvanas could be lying, but the above actually does sound like the kind of plan she'd do.
Yeah, her burning it always struck me as a bit too evil. I figured it was an accident ever since seeing the glittering azerite in the approach artwork. Not that her actual plan was significantly better. I mean, taking a whole capital, if not an entire region, hostage? Yeah that'd go over swimmingly.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 PM

Elune

At first I was mad at Sylvanas for destroying Teldrassil but now that I know she only wanted to enslave it everything is hunky dory
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:12 PM

Arch-Druid

She still goes on a scorched earth warpath through Ashenvale and Darkshore that's really extreme of a reprisal for some dead goblins.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Sylvanas gets worse by the second I am disappointed in blizzard since they are either A) trying to make it too obvious sylvanas will be a raid boss ala garrosh or B) actually deciding to go a different route.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 PM

Elune

According to the Mission Table the Sludge Fields are still ruled by Warden Stilwater, although at the very least this comes from a mission to crush it.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:46 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Sludge Fields 2: Electric Boogaloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Dark Iron Dwarf character creation cutscene (very unfinished with lots of missing art assets):

Old 06-14-2018, 05:03 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Dark Iron Dwarf character creation cutscene (very unfinished with lots of missing art assets):

Looks like the the Dark Irons we’ll be playing as will be directly infused with Azerite............. (starts rethinking decision to not go for a Dark Iron Dwarf).
Old 06-14-2018, 05:25 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Looks like the the Dark Irons we’ll be playing as will be directly infused with Azerite............. (starts rethinking decision to not go for a Dark Iron Dwarf).
Given that part of their recruitment quest involves the ones in Shadowforge still worshiping Ragnaros, maybe the Azerite infusion is how we lift their enslavement?

Also, while there's still no log in screen, Blizzard uploaded the log in screen music to youtube:

With every expansion, our musical mages reach deep down into their souls and summon a tableau of sound to accompany your next adventure. Building upon a variety of musical themes from World of Warcraft over the years, composer Glenn Stafford has infused his magic into the new main title for Battle for Azeroth, “Before the Storm.” Sit back, relax, and let the music carry you into the heart of Azeroth.

“Before the Storm” was composed and arranged by Glenn Stafford; features additional music by Neal Acree, Sam Cardon, Clint Bajakian, and David Arkenstone; and includes classic World of Warcraft themes by Jason Hayes.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Elune

There are Pandaren members of the 7th Legion in Voldun
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:19 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
05/22 - Jaina comic
05/29 - Magni comic
06/05 - Windrunner comic
06/12 - Before the Storm book

06/19 - Short story (Alliance?)
06/26 - Short story (Horde?)
07/03 - Artifact send-off quest activated ("Unstable artifact" visual enabled, but weapon is still functional)
07/10 - 8.0 release
07/17 - Darkshore content starts
07/24 - ??? (Burning of Teldrassil?)
07/31 - ???
08/07 - ??? (Battle of Lordaeron?)
08/14 - Battle for Azeroth release
So, what do you think we will get this week?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Orb of Frost

Quote:
So, what do you think we will get this week?
By your reckoning it’s one of the short stories, but I’m more inclined to think those will come with the event. Do we have room for another comic? I rather miss the audio-dramas and the barely animated shorts.

In the mean time, I have a couple questions about the Heart of Azeroth.

1. Is this going to be a “just for BfA thing”?

2. Is that title to be taken literally? Or is it more of a symbolic thing?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 AM

Eternal

One of the things I wonder is that since Bwonsamdi is the loa of the dead and in charge of an afterlife and Sylvanas is trying to stave off going to Warcraft hell are these two eventually going to cut a deal at some point within BFA? It wouldn't be a "redemption" as much as it would be a deal. Serve the loa of the dead and he promises to watch over your soul so you don't go to Warcraft hell.

She doesn't have to be redeemed but it could act as a catalyst for her no longer being an absolute bitch. It would also serve as a part of "Vol'jin's grand plan" to essentially guarantee a spot in the troll afterlife for the Forsaken.

Random thoughts.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft