Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-22-2016, 12:44 AM

Wisp

Default WoW Boardgame

Hello

I’ve been playing WoW for many years now – since just before the Burning Crusade came out. Long live the Alliance and death to the Horde wherever I may find them. I’m still playing now though not as much as in the early days. A wife, general life and kids have gotten in the way

Anyway, I’ve been trying for years without success to persuade my brother to play. I know he’d love it if he gave it a chance and it would be awesome to play with him and go on quests together. He’s not anywhere near as into computer games as me but is into board games. I found a copy of the World of Warcraft Boardgame for sale online at http://www.canada.for-sale.com/ and am thinking about buying it for his birthday in the hope that he’ll like it so much that he’ll start playing the computer game with me.

The review are a little mixed for it, so I wanted to get a few more opinions, Is it worth getting hold of? Do you think it will have the desired effect or will it put him off? Alternatively would it be better to get him some of the books with the same idea in mind?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Gareth; 09-25-2016 at 08:12 PM..
Old 09-22-2016, 05:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

I've never played it, but if review are mixed, I wouldn't get it unless it was decently priced. No used spending money in the triple digits over something your brother may or may not like.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

We have it on the wall at work, I've never gotten around to learning it. It's pretty bloated I hear. With Fantasy Flight having renewed things with Blizzard after having lost Games Workshop, I'm curious to see what they do with some of these old systems and properties. They updated the Starcraft Boardgame into the Warhammer 40K Forbidden Stars last year. Forbidden Stars is GREAT, it's uses the Starcraft base but it's put together so much better.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:52 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Girl I was seeing a while back got me this. She worked at a game store, she said it was used but thought I would like to just display it. Ive opened it and was like nah not even gonna bother so I just have it on display
Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 AM

Critter

The different types of games provides different benefits, the role playing games like World of Warcraft Legion Kaufen are great fun. As the fighting games are great fun that provides different phases to win the game.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 AM

Eternal

Wink

What I really want is Risk: Azeroth