Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-19-2011, 04:44 AM

Wisp

I've been thinking...we should all download(I know I will) the videos from youtube in case Blizz decides to take em down.We shouldn't let this dissapear from the web
Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 AM

Huntress

Thanks for the update Zato! I find it amazing to see this retconned lore

The early concept of Gnomes is brilliant. Gazlowe goes onto be leader of Rachet, Zul'Jin goes on to mess aorund in the Ghostlands... etc.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

So. Much. Awesome.

And yes, we should download them all, I fear the author may regret uploading them or Blizzard suing him.

Damn guy, why won't he upload the game?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Wisp

Does any1 else think that the belt of the dead twilight hammer orc looks an awful lot like the belt of Garrosh?Also there is an orc called Baelgun

The game looks somewhere between WarCraft 2 and the WoW style... something tells me that blizz had wow planned longer than we think.They cancelled this game in 1997 I think and started working on WoW in 98/99.

I also think that this art style suits warcraft MUCH more than the current wow style because the designs are less exaggerated but it still has that WarCraft 3 flavour,

In my opinion WoW started good with vanilla wow(vanilla looked much more like war3 imo and it also looked much more believable) and then blizz added an abnormal amount of spikes, armor started to look less like armor, the weapons became way too ridiculous and they added TOO many villains that are way too powerful

All in all i think this game had potential but it was not good enough to be a blizzard game(the animations were not good enough for example) but i would still buy it if blizz sold it for 5 $
Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Huntress

Likewise, even if it isn't that good, fun, or heck they may even say the lore in it is canon. But I'd still buy it, it's a definate funny refreshing gameplay style. It definatly highlights Thrall's importance, and is awesome to reflect on how far he has come through Warcraft's events over the years.

As said earlier, I would buy it for the iPhone or iPad, both, just for the fun of it. With all those characters, Zul'jin, Gazlowe, etc. Amazing!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Elune

Loving this shit. Zato, you can't imagine how much I love you for posting this. I'll try to download them all later, for security issues.

Also, quoting the orc song for the win:

There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf
Skin a dwarf, skin a dwarf
Fourteen ways to skin a dwarf
And here is number seven

Wrap his beard around a plank
Give that plank a mighty yank
Peel him right down to his shank
And now there's seven more...

FUCKING WIN.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Interesting, but I find it quite odd that Thrall's three main options for interacting with objects and people appear to be "look", "take", and "eat".
Old 02-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Elune

I gathered the "Seq."s:

-Prison Escape
-Get Zeppelin
-Badlands/Settl (remember Badlands reached Arathi during W2)
-Northlands
-Gryphon
-Grin Batol (yes, mispelled)
-Final

They may be the main acts, dunno. The guy says he played half the game, and he played up to Northlands.

He's going to upload the rest before this month ends, so watch his page .

Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Interesting, but I find it quite odd that Thrall's three main options for interacting with objects and people appear to be "look", "take", and "eat".
"Eat" seems to also be "talk" dependent on context.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:45 PM

Huntress

"Maybe with some salt."
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Elune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hsOE7kinc
@1:35 Thrall: “It’s taking all my willpower not to choke the chicken.”
Fantastic.

Zul’jin, however, was … kinda effeminate with an inexplicable accent (Trolls in WCII were savage-sounding with vaguely Cuban affect (“Say hello to my little friend!”)). I’m glad they didn’t go with that version.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hsOE7kinc
@1:35 Thrall: “It’s taking all my willpower not to choke the chicken.”
Fantastic.

Zul’jin, however, was … kinda effeminate with an inexplicable accent (Trolls in WCII were savage-sounding with vaguely Cuban affect (“Say hello to my little friend!”)). I’m glad they didn’t go with that version.
Yup, he looks like a cross of a green high elf and Griftah. Id I didn't know his lore, I wouldn't believe him when he says "he once lead all the clans". Needs more "ruthless" and "merciless" to be the old good Zul'jin.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Ah I missed that he put more up.

Is it just me, or are the flying pigs a genious gnome invention? Why hasn't WoW incorporated this in some way yet? I mean, they've clearly already added Homing Chickens
Old 03-06-2011, 06:58 AM

Demon Hunter

What is up with that gay Zul'jin having an antiquity store and two arms?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
What is up with that gay Zul'jin having an antiquity store and two arms?
Zuljin cutting his arm off was a WoW invention.

That being said, let this be a damn lesson to everyone who says ZA had horrible lore. YOU COULD HAVE HAD THIS ZULJIN INSTEAD!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
(Trolls in WCII were savage-sounding with vaguely Cuban affect (“Say hello to my little friend!”)). I’m glad they didn’t go with that version.
OMG I'd probably roll Horde if I could have been a Troll that sounded like Tony Montana...

"Stay away from the yeyo, mang..."
Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Zuljin cutting his arm off was a WoW invention.
I have so much yet to learn.

Anyway, cool videos, I'm just wondering, why Blizzard doesn't take them down. Either they don't care or they haven't even noticed those videos are there.

I also used to think it was a shame they never released this game, but now that I see it, I understand why. It's just so much different from all the other Warcraft games. It feels like one of those cartoonish adventures, like Sam and Max, and Monkey Island.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I have so much yet to learn.

Anyway, cool videos, I'm just wondering, why Blizzard doesn't take them down. Either they don't care or they haven't even noticed those videos are there.

I also used to think it was a shame they never released this game, but now that I see it, I understand why. It's just so much different from all the other Warcraft games. It feels like one of those cartoonish adventures, like Sam and Max, and Monkey Island.
LotC had more in common with Warcraft I and II than it does with WCIII and WoW. Essentially, if this game came out, the series would have an entirely different tone.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:56 AM

*watches the videos*

Wait a minute.... CLAWhand?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
*watches the videos*

Wait a minute.... CLAWhand?
Yes xDDD.

Unfortunately for him, he's bandagehand now .

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
LotC had more in common with Warcraft I and II than it does with WCIII and WoW. Essentially, if this game came out, the series would have an entirely different tone.
I'm merely talking about the comical aspect of the game. It feels more like old Lucas Arts games than Warcraft and I don't see how that fits into the series. Sure Wow has its funny moments but in a different way. And the fact that there is no fighting whatsoever.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I'm merely talking about the comical aspect of the game. It feels more like old Lucas Arts games than Warcraft and I don't see how that fits into the series. Sure Wow has its funny moments but in a different way. And the fact that there is no fighting whatsoever.
90s Blizzard included a disco song in WCII. Lord of the Clans was perfectly indicative of Blizzard's sense of humor at that time: it only resembles old Lucas Arts games because Lucas Arts games were predominantly adventure, and so you associate it more with the humor of Monkey Island rather than the humor of, say, the grunt unit.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Demon Hunter

I don't know. I played WC1 both campaigns and a few missions of WC2, but I don't see it that way. And like I said, it's also the genre. All other WC games are about fighting.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:21 AM

Keeper of Lore

No, it's absolutely reminiscent of old Blizzard humor. I think this being a really, really story-focused game though they went way over the top with the stuff. Usually it was confined to little unit click phrases and the like.

I do enjoy the fact that Gnomes didn't really change *at all* though. I actually think their WoW counterparts may have been inspirted by this game, since they don't have much of a role in WarCraft 2 (and they are entirely absent from 3).

Zuljin just feels wrong though. Even for their old style of humor. He just comes off as very, very gay here. I think a large portion of it is a serious mis-cast of his voice actor.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Demon Hunter

If there was any humour in older WC games I must've completely missed it then. Well, nevermind.