Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 AM

Banished

We already have Jaina for the Void corrupted Alliance character. What, you think all the teasing of Jaina going raid boss in Hearthstone was for show? And besides, she has totally zip to do in WoW besides that. She's not relevant except as a raid boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
I'm on the opposite in here. It felt very out of place to me (just as, say, the Nexus War going concomitant to the Scourge events in WotLK, with both forces being right next to each other while totally ignorant of their mutual existences) and the entire storyline felt just dumped in my face, as if catching an ongoing movie. I believe the latter to be intentional and that it will be clarified in another moment, probably through a book I'll never buy or read, but hopefully in the next expansion. Plus the Void in there is just Purple Fel. It stains the ground, contaminates the individuals and minerals... replace demons with void entities and there you have it.
I already pointed out how the Void/Void Lords don't have anything setting them apart as villains from the Scourge and Legion.

Last edited by Almed; 09-13-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 09:22 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almed View Post
What, you think all the teasing of Jaina going raid boss in Hearthstone was for show?
In that case one could, to some extent, make the same argument for Anduin, Malfurion, Rexxar, Thrall, and Valeera becoming raid bosses since they also became death knights in Knights of the Frozen Throne.

Avatar is taken from artwork by Rafael Zanchetin.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM

Arch-Druid

I'd still like to see Alleria become the leader of an Alliance high elf player faction with Void themes to counter the blood elves' Light theme.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I'd still like to see Alleria become the leader of an Alliance high elf player faction with Void themes to counter the blood elves' Light theme.
I'd prefer Alleria starting some kind of movement that ends up in a new class.

Vereesa would be the high elf leader, and their theme, if any, should be "lightning". I always liked the idea that the Silver Covenant, allied to Jaina, would use the Thunder King's staff for something...

The blood elves got access to the powers of Vita throught the Thunder King, so it would be a nice counterpart for the high elves to access Anima. Plus, elves with lightning eyes would be cool.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 09-13-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Lightning using high elves isn't a strong thematic to build off of. At best, that justifies elven shaman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM

Arch-Druid

"Dark Ranger" fits the naming theme of the current Hero classes. Just saiyan.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
"Dark Ranger" fits the naming theme of the current Hero classes. Just saiyan.
Dark Rangers use death magic though, not shadow.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Lightning using high elves isn't a strong thematic to build off of. At best, that justifies elven shaman.
It's more a visual thematic. Blood elves aren't all about blood, after all.

And it could be a way to justify making them slightly different from blood elves, by giving them lightining eyes or glowing tattoos and such. Plus, a way to cure their magic addiction, since they wouldn't wanna stay linked to the Sunwell that belongs to their adversaries.

IMO, Lightning would be more pleasing and less radical as a theme than Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Dark Rangers use death magic though, not shadow.
Sometimes, they overlap.

Shadowmoon orcs used void magic to raise skeletons in WoD. Their skeletons were all voidy, but that's it.

I posted my idea for shadow-based class in a troll thread in the Lore Discussion forum:

But I think Blizzard may create a void-inspired class in the future and could seize the opportunity to make it very trollish.

My concept for this would be a "Shadow Hunter" class. Uses mail armor, available to Trolls, Undead, Draenei and Night Elves. Maybe others, but these are the ones I could think of some explanation behind. The class visuals would be somewhat different for each race.

Specs:
- Warden (Tank): Agility-based. Summons Spirit of Vengeance (a voidy version of yourself) to help soak damage, can Shadow-step to teleport to targets/allies, places wards that reduce damage taken by party, Fan of Knives summoning shadowy blades to AoE things. Simulates a both classic night elf Warden and a melee Shadow Hunter.

- Dark Ranger (Ranged DPS): Agility-based, uses ranged weapons. Can both throw spells or use shadow-enhanced shots. Kinda like a hunter, but more spell-based. Can teleport around (like Blink), Black Arrow (summons voidy minion that varies by race: a night elf spirit, a voidy skeleton, voidy beast and so on), silence, mind control and so on. Would tackle some Priest of the Moon-like spells (color varies by race) so people can simulate both a Dark Ranger or a classic Priestess of the Moon with it.

- Witch Doctor (Healer): Intellect-based. Has Healing Ward and Serpent Ward, maybe some others, but to not step too much into shaman territory, Big Bad Voodoo and other dark magic spiritual spells.

Last edited by Deicide; 09-13-2017 at 10:37 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 10:48 AM

Elune

Virtual ticket mounts.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 AM

Sentinel Queen

I expected personal airships but didn't expect them to be that big. The Alliance one especially.

Looks like they're two-seaters too.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Damn Blizzard for making me spend money on tickets I was not planning to buy.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 AM

Loremaster

Something to keep in mind is that we don't know very much about Locus-Walker. He might indeed be proof of using the Void without losing oneself to it. Or he might turn out to be evidence that despite stuff like the Old Gods and unplanned Void exposure usually producing unbalanced lunatics, the Void Lords themselves might have their own lucid and rational servants who can manipulate and lure in and train prospective allies that will prove more useful than the usual noisy and self-destructive maniacs we see associated with the Void.

We also don't know his origins, or really even the origin of these Shadowguard Ethereals. Nobody seems to mention any of the preexisting Ethereal factions in Mac'aree, so it's uncertain if the Shadowguard are meant to be derived from the Etherium's attempts to become Void in the Netherstorm, if Locus-Walker is actually a product of that, or if we're actually supposed to have wiped out those particular Etherium back in TBC and these new ones are all from a different source.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:07 AM

Glaive Thrower

Well, crap. Now I have to seriously contemplate actually buying a ticket this year.

Avatar is taken from artwork by Rafael Zanchetin.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:18 AM

World Builder

Alliance mount looks okay, not a fan of the Horde mount, gas-balloon only works when it's got a large ship beneath imo.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 AM

Sentinel Queen

I just realized Velen's staff was his piece of the Crown of the Triumvirate. After he puts his piece in place the crystal on the top of his staff is gone.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Already bought it. I usually get the virtual ticket anyway because there's almost always one panel or community ampitheater discussion that I really want to watch plus it's nice to watch the arena matches and Starcraft games with.

The alliance mount pretty much seals the deal though. As a dualboxer I've been waiting for a two seat flyer to use other than the x-52 rocket for years and I love the look of it.

Also it's available to use in-game now.

Last edited by Yorenec; 09-13-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

So I don't want to say this expansion is Alliance bias, but that mount makes a good argument for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

the virgin horde baloon and the chad sky destroyer
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I just realized Velen's staff was his piece of the Crown of the Triumvirate. After he puts his piece in place the crystal on the top of his staff is gone.
Wow, cool, didn't notice it.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I feel like it's seeding a new class.
I wonder if Blizzard will make Arms have more than just the one Shadow ability (Warbreaker). It didn't seem likely, but then again I didn't see Shadow Priests slurping down Old God juice or Survival forgetting how to use bows and guns until they announced it.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

The second seat of the Alliance one has the compass from the cinematic and questline next to it. Complete with the picture of Anduin.

Not sure if that's neat or kinda creepy.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:51 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
[...] or if we're actually supposed to have wiped out those particular Etherium back in TBC and these new ones are all from a different source.
Just a reminder, if you didn't already know, that t Ethereum had made a pact with Malygos back during the Nexus war, but never got their payment due to him being in the unfortunate state of dead. Then, their new leader went into the Nexus anyway in Legion, and was stopped by Azuregos and the future wielders of Aluneth and Light's Wrath.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
The second seat of the Alliance one has the compass from the cinematic and questline next to it. Complete with the picture of Anduin.

Not sure if that's neat or kinda creepy.
Guess to get a new passenger, we have to kick out Varian's ghost.

Assuming he has one left.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Just a reminder, if you didn't already know, that t Ethereum had made a pact with Malygos back during the Nexus war, but never got their payment due to him being in the unfortunate state of dead. Then, their new leader went into the Nexus anyway in Legion, and was stopped by Azuregos and the future wielders of Aluneth and Light's Wrath.
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest we'd wiped out the Ethereum as a whole. I mean we may or may not have eliminated all of those Ethereum troops who'd been infusing themselves with Void energies along with their Nexus-King.

These Shadowguard could be a continuation of those experiments, or they might feasibly turn out to be something else, like perhaps Ethereals who didn't manage to escape K'aresh and got taken by the Void.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Virtual ticket mounts.

on one hand, fuck the Alliance.

On tge othet, HNNNNG!

I might get a virtual ticket for that

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion