Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 07:21 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default Battle For Azeroth Prediction Thread

RULES:

Only prediction posts. EXCEPTION: fact-checking to see who called it right after stuff happens in the expansion cycle.

One prediction per line. No paragraph-long descritive predictions.

One post per poster.

Only post thoughts and comments on the expansion's development on the official thread.

------------

My predictions:

Saurfang is given somewhat of a protagonist shoulderpad in BFA, especially when he says "GO! SAVE YOURSELVES!" to Malfurion and Tyrande, also being the one to question Sylvanas' actions, just like the playerbase is doing.

After the Siege of Lordaeron, Saurfang turns himself to the Alliance so he can "speak" to Anduin.

With that in mind,

a.) Saurfang reveals Sylvanas' plans to the Alliance

b.) the Alliance attacks Zandalar on full force thanks to Saurfang's info

c.) something happens to Sylvanas and Saurfang

d.) the Horde retaliates on full force by attacking Kul Tiras

e.) Azshara becomes a threat

f.) there's going to be a naval conflict patch

If we follow the Legion formula, then:

g.) Content Patch 1: opening of first tier (Emerald Nightmare / Uldir)

h.) Content Patch 2: revision of an old dungeon (Karazhan / ???) and opening of second tier (The Nighthold / Nazjatar)

i.) Content Patch 3: new zone (Broken Shore / Faction War zone) and opening of third tier (Tomb of Sargeras / Faction War raid), new tier-related dungeon

j.) Content Patch 4: new batch of zones (Argus / Shadowlands?) and opening of fourth tier (Antorus / Ny'Alotha?), new tier-related dungeon

k.) Faction War zone is going to be a return to Teldrassil and Lordaeron, given that the players later returned to the Broken Shore

l.) Alternatively, the Faction War zone is going to be Crestfall or at least make mention to it

NEW PREDICTION
The San'layn are there to make Undead Humans possible

New allied races:

- Holy Undead (A)
- Undead Humans (H)

m.) There will be Faction invasions that would use the same tech of the Legion invasions

n.) Also Void invasions at some point

o.) Delaryn Summermoon will break free from Sylvanas just like the Windrunner did from Arthas and return to the Alliance.

p.) That will make possible the Dark Ranger customization (for maybe next expac) since both factions will have their own Dark Rangers.

Last edited by Krainz; 10-21-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

• Taelia and Anduin do not end up together. (Not like she has any political value.)
  • Voss (and possibly Garona) joined the Horde to dispose of Sylvanas.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

-8.1 will involve some sort of seafaring content, ships that function not unlike the Vindicaar did on Argus.

-Somewhere in 8.1 is the opportunity to unlock Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

-Azshara is the final boss of 8.1

-At an unspecified point Nyalotha will rise between Zandalar and Kul Tiras

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 05-15-2018 at 04:05 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 03:55 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Not entirely a prediction, but wouldn't be horribly surprised if we end up with an iteration of player ships sometime during BfA.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

A Sylvanas-led Horde will lose to the Alliance.
Hard to believe considering what Sylvanas is willing to do to claim victory, but I think this might be very possible. If a Sylvanas-led Horde won against the Alliance, the logical conclusion would be that they wipe the faction out so that it never threatens the Horde again and I just can't see Blizzard going that route since interviews reveal that they don't want either faction to feel like they chose wrong because they lost in the end.

Which leads me to the next prediction...

Thrall will come back to lead the Horde and win the war against the Alliance.
Personally, I wouldn't rule this out entirely. Horde fans really want a moment where they win against the Alliance without resorting to being the bad guys, and the only way I can see the Horde beat the Alliance and the Alliance still standing is if they go back to their honorable WC3 roots and grant the Alliance mercy by the end of it. It would be an interesting reversal of what happened in SoO and would bring Thrall back out from his depression and into the heroic Orc champion we always knew him as.

There'll be a patch where Gilneas will be reclaimed.
Yep, wishful thinking on my part but it's something I'm not going to completely rule out. Right now we have mission tables detailing the status of Gilneas and it looks like it's still surrounded by hostiles even though the Alliance have more control over it. They already introduced a good way to bring it back with gameplay attached to it through the Witchwood expansion in Hearthstone. I'd say something like that is worthy enough to be part of Warcraft's setting and make a great way to have a "return to Gilneas" storyline that involves hunting monsters and fighting a new threat that made a home there. Godfrey could also potentially make a return in some way like he did in Hearthstone and make his residence in the Witchwood, working with Hagatha and biding his time to get revenge on the Gilneans.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:46 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

My only bet so far is that Alleria will become even more evil than Sylvanas, kill/defeat her, and then die at player hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Thrall will come back to lead the Horde and win the war against the Alliance.
Personally, I wouldn't rule this out entirely. Horde fans really want a moment where they win against the Alliance without resorting to being the bad guys, and the only way I can see the Horde beat the Alliance and the Alliance still standing is if they go back to their honorable WC3 roots and grant the Alliance mercy by the end of it. It would be an interesting reversal of what happened in SoO and would bring Thrall back out from his depression and into the heroic Orc champion we always knew him as.
That makes sense and fixes a lot of things, but it's so goddamn lame I can't even. After all the shit the Horde has done, they can't just "win".

Ideally, that victory would include some huge sacrifice, like Thrall dying, to make it bittersweet. Maybe kill an Alliance characters like Jaina too, to make it less Horde-centric.

Still wish the aggressor had been the Alliance this time. Sigh.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 05-28-2018, 07:40 PM

Eternal

I've got a concept for a patch, set in the Lordaeron subcontinent, including questlines and world quests all around Gilneas, Silverpine, Tirisfal, Hillsbrad, Alterac, perhaps even Arathi, the Hinterlands and the Plaguelands, taking into account the stuff we know from the mission tables. Perhaps Gilneas could include some of the Hearthstone concepts. Moreover, it's be a great opportunity to get the Wildhammer dwarves and the forest trolls as allied races, perhaps even with a warfront in the Hinterlands.

Finally, there'd be four dungeons that would get new lvl 120 versions, each with a different version for each faction. These are:

Shadowfang Keep: before the dungeons, the Forsaken hold it as per the missions; then, in order:

Alliance: in this version, Gilneans infiltrate the Keep and conquer it, executing its apothecaries gruesomely in a show of mercilesness;

Horde: then, the Horde takes it back from the Alliance, setting up a permanent garrison made up of various races.

Scarlet Monastery: before the dungeons, the Monastery is filled with the undead corpses of the last defenders of the Scarlet Crusade, risen by the spread of the Blight when Sylvanas blighted Lordaeron. In order:

Horde: the Forsaken cleanse the Monastery from these mindless undead and claim it for the Horde;

Alliance: Calia and Alonsus Faol lead Alliance troops in taking the Monastery from the Horde, holding it permanently for the Alliance and becoming the center for their new faction of undead.

Scholomance: before the dungeons, it's filled with the last remnants of the Cult of the Damned; then, in order:

Alliance: the Silver Hand leads an attack to cleanse the Scholomance and claim Caer Darrow for the war effort;

Horde: blood elves and Forsaken conquer it from the Silver Hand and rebuilt Caer Darrow for the Horde.

Stratholme: before you buy dungeons, the blood elves marched from Quel'Thalas and claimed it as a forward base; then, in order:

Horde: Lady Liadrin leads the defense of the city against the Silver Hand who is attempting to take it back;

Alliance: the Alliance comes to the aid of the Silver Hand and breaches the blood elves' defenses, claiming the ruins as a new bastion for the Hand.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

k.) Faction War zone is going to be a return to Teldrassil and Lordaeron, given that the players later returned to the Broken Shore

m.) There will be Faction invasions that would use the same tech of the Legion invasions
Return to Darkshore and Faction Invasions confirmed

Old 09-18-2018, 11:57 AM

Eternal

Is it okay if I make new predictions?
  1. The Southern Barrens Warfront is gonna be Night Elf vs. Orc.
  2. A Lordaeron Warfront (Andorhal vs. Alterac?) would feature Forsaken vs. Human.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:38 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Predictions for Battle for Azeroth's expansion-life:

More Warfronts open up. Barrens and Feralas for Kalimdor. Feralas will award Night Elf themed armor for Alliance, and Mok'nathal-Draenor Orc like for Horde.

Barrens, I would expect armor theme for Alliance will be Dwarven and Kor'kron for Horde.

Another Warfront opening in Eastern Plaguelands. Horde gear being a mix of Amani and Blood Elven. Alliance; Arathor themed maybe.

There will be one Warfront in Pandaria, one in Northrend (Borean Tundra) and one on the Broken Isles.

Allied Races? High Elves (Not as an allied race of their own, but customization options given to Void Elves) Anywho ~

Alliance:

Wildhammer Dwarves

Jinyu (To correlate with the Pandaria Warfront)

Kaldorei Worgen (Will have some ties with the Feralas warfront story)

Mechagnomes/Junker Gnomes (Will tie in with Northrend Warfront story)

Furbolg (Will tie in the Alliance Kalimdor War Campaign)

Horde:

Mok'nathal (Rexxar will recruit these, will play a role in Feralas and Barrens)

Yaungol (Will have a role with the Huojin and Pandaria)

San'layn/Forsaken Elves (Undead Elves. Will play a role in the Horde Northrend story)

Forest Trolls (The Amani make amends with the Horde as the Alliance approaches Quel'thalas +Revantusk are a thing)

Vulpera (Due to Zandalar storyline)

Much of the war campaign will return back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and later on, Pandaria and Northrend. Broken Isles will have a place in the War Campaign as well, that will help set up the Vrykul as a future race for the Alliance.

The end raid will be a faction war raid, with faction specific bosses.

The Faction War doesn't end after BfA, but dies down with no clear victors. The Horde will lose much of their progress upon Kalimdor as the Kaldorei and Furbolg take back much of their lands.

The Horde in turn take over much of Northrend, as they lose dominance over Kalimdor.

Much of the Eastern Kingdoms will be Alliance dominated with the Blood Elves and Forest Trolls remaining as a thorn in the Alliance's side.

Last edited by Melorandor; 05-14-2018 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-21-2018, 10:43 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Azerite shall be proven to be Old God blood and have corruptive properties. Neither faction is to blame for their actions.

(This is a joke. Not a prediction post.)

Last edited by Nazja; 10-21-2018 at 10:45 AM..
Old 10-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Troubadour

First round of prediction points will be tallied up just after Blizzcon.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:04 AM

Glaive Thrower

My prediction after Blizzcon :

- New goblin & worgen model (Confirmed)
- New heritage armor : Goblin, Worgen
- New Warfront : Gilneas. Will future Goblin versus Gnome but building will be Forsaken themed (Opposite of Darkshore)
- New Allied races : Vulpera for Horde and Ankaras for Alliance (Deep sea Jinyu the Alliance help in Nazjatar)
- Horde quest : Return of the warchief - Help Saurfang research for Thrall in Outland
- Alliance quest : Retaking of Gnomereggan : Help Gnome and Mecagnome to take back Gnomereggan - Unlock mecagnome personalization for gnome

- New heritage armor : Draenei and Troll
- New zone : N'zoth prison (Underground zone)
- New raid : Nya'lotha
- Sylvanas step down for Thrall and head to Nyalotha, emprisonning N'Zoth in Xallatah dagger (But freeing Xal by doing so)

- New warfront : Barrens : Tauren vs
- New heritage armor : Human, Night elves, Tushui Pandaren, Orcs, Forsaken and Huojin Pandaren
- New Allied races : Redeemed (Lightforged undead) and Sethrak for Horde
- Quest were we try to discover Xal plan
- Xal is the guldan for the next expansion
Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Post-Blizzcon predictions:

- Sylvanas will not wield Xal'atath. The blade was "hidden in plain sight" in the presentation of important characters because itself will be an important player ahead, but she won't remain a blade for long. I think Machalak's right about it being the "Gul'dan" for next expansion.

- Baine, not Saurfang, will be the next Warchief. And he will rise in an awesome way after 8.2.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I doubt mechagnomes will be cusomization options. They have a bunch of different hairstyles and facial features on top of the robot limbs, whereas past new customization options have must been a single change (upright posture for orcs, an eye color for blood elves, an eye color with a built in skin tone for night elves, and even that I think was just so night elves could use the black eyes with any face option unlike blood elves). Even the example from the interview was just Wildhammer tattoos on their own.

It would also lead to the argument that there's nothing Lightforged draenei have that mechagnomes don't, thus furthering the idea they don't deserve to be an allied race and thus the Alliance got a 'wasted' allied race slot.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 11-07-2018 at 06:22 PM..
Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 PM

Troubadour

PREDICTION POINTS AS OF NOVEMBER 9TH 2018:

Krainz's correct predictions:

a.) Saurfang reveals Sylvanas' plans to the Alliance

b.) the Alliance attacks Zandalar on full force thanks to Saurfang's info

d.) the Horde retaliates on full force by attacking Kul Tiras

e.) Azshara becomes a threat

l.) Alternatively, the Faction War zone is going to be Crestfall or at least make mention to it

Menel'dirion's correct predictions:

-Somewhere in 8.1 is the opportunity to unlock Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

Commander Rotal's correct predictions:

-) Island Expeditions and War Fronts will end up being huge flops with players.

Deicide's correct predictions:

The Lich King will have a role in later patches.

Crazyterran's correct predictions:

The Alliance invades Zandalar in an attempt to break the stalemate, with the only open landing point, pushing the Vulpera to seek the Hordes aid. The Horde player pushes the Alliance back, but not without the Vulpera homeland.

Scoreboard:

Krainz: 7
Menel'dirion: 1
Commander Rotal: 1
Deicide: 1
Crazyterran: 1

Next point tallying-up will be when 8.2 hits the PTR.

Last edited by Krainz; 11-11-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

- We’ll see Gral again in Nazjatar.
- The Alliance Naval Advantage that they claim at the Battle of Dazar’Alor is going to crash into the bottom of Nazjatar.
- Val’kyr are gonna raise a lot of Kul’Tiran sailors at the ship graveyard.
- There will be some sort of world quest/event/objective where the Alliance and the Horde compete to raise/recover ships from the ship graveyard.
- Saurfang will visit his son’s grave. Possibly another cinematic.
- Mag’har assault on Azuremyst Island.
- Taelia and/or Anduin find out what happened to Bolvar, and go on an adventure to recruit his aid in taking Dow Sylvanas.
- Arator Dies and Alleria does a cannonball into the Sunwell.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Chimaera

- Night elves will be forced to withdraw from Kalimdor due to some timely excuse of a global threat. We'll learn long after the fact from a dev tweet or some other low-key source that the elves were the canonical winners of the battle for Darkshore and totally held the place for all of 5 minutes.

- Aided by Gallywix' cannon, Sylvanas successfully lays siege to Stormwind City and forces Anduin to vow that his allies give up any and all claims to the lands of Kalimdor, in exchange for not burning the city down on her way out. The Kaldorei/Gilnean army arrives to the EK too late to be a part of any of this while it's going down. They will be portrayed as apologetic for letting Stormwind down. No mention of the deal Anduin made or anyone raising hell over it is ever made.

- The Vindicaar destroys the Bilgewater Cannon after all of the above has already happened.

- Saurfang is tracked down and captured by Sylvanas' agents

- Sylvanas' faction goes on to be prominently featured in various world-saving battles against old gods and other raidbosses.

- After Azshara's defeat, Sylvanas personally uses Xal'atath to end whatever influence the old gods had over the naga and has them eagerly join the horde as an allied race, especially after she tells them of how she burned Teldrassil and how one of her warleaders personally axed Malfurion in the back.

- The Alliance version of the big naga raid is played for comedy, featuring one of the three dwarves flinging generic 'fish-face' insults but doing nothing of substance. Some joke of a bunch of anthropomorphic crustaceans no one ever heard of before joins the Alliance in thanks for ending their slavery to the naga.

- The Alliance goes on to be shown stuck trying to defend Kul Tiras from horde assaults. A particularly nasty one prompts Jaina to sacrifice herself in defense of her homeland. Her final act obliterates a horde ship that had captured Saurfang on board for some reason.

- Immediately after this, the alliance player is given a quest to look for shipwreck survivors, thus discovering Saurfang's corpse for their faction. Prophet Velen, who was on-site the entire time, is the one to give out this quest.

- Sylvanas tells everyone in the horde about Saurfang's fate. People who sided with the orc in 8.1 go on to get extra-demeaning quest dialogue for the rest of the expansion.

- The final raid of BfA is a giant ghost ship shown to be en route to attack Orgrimmar. Canonically, both factions arrive to stop it. The final boss aboard the ship is of course an undead Jaina who sings her song during the fight and is a far more polished and impressive sea-based raidboss than the naga queen ever was.

- Sylvanas is hailed as saviour of Orgrimmar in a fancy CGI ending, while the alliance get a low-budget ingame cutscene of Anduin alone paying his respects at Jaina's memorial statue in a rebuilt Stormwind City. There's a night elf refugee in the background that they totally forgot to remove from the cutscene. Anduin's pathing gets stuck on said night elf as he attempts to exit stage left, leaving him awkwardly spazzing out for the fade-to-black.

- In a "post-credits" teaser for the next expansion, N'zoth vows to do better than his Azshara or Jaina plays panned out. Now coming to all of your Apple and Android phones.

Last edited by Icefrost; 11-12-2018 at 07:48 PM..

Tags
battle for azeroth, world of warcraft