Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-11-2018, 08:32 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Siege of Boralus and Kings’ Rest are now available on Heroic difficulty
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Siege of Boralus and Kings’ Rest are now available on Heroic difficulty
For some reason they never seem to skip right to making that a launch thing.
Old Yesterday, 02:19 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
I still don't see what the big problem with BfA is supposed to be. Something something Azerite is boring? Did they not play through WoD or Cata? Or the last patches of an expansion lasting over a year?
Do you seriously not get how comparing the last patches of an expansion lasting a year might be a bit different from the playerbase melting down within 6 fucking months of the expansions release? Have you considered how stuffed BFA will be in its own expansion ending dead time?

I hate to be agreeing with Gurzog but they fucked up big time for BFA. The story has never been worse, content has never been so sparse nor so poorly recieved (Azerite, Warfronts etc) but most importantly of all classes have NEVER felt this terrible to play. You can fix the first 3 with a good patch but no patch is going to overhaul classes to remotely the level they need to be good as people remember around Mops timeframe. The whole "rental features" expansion design needs to die. Yesterday.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM

Eternal

I sometimes wonder if I live in some alternate universe where all the bad the past expansions had done was far more severe. Otherwise, it is virtually impossible for me to comprehend how can some consider what they write on the side of Battle of Azeroth serious and on point.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Do you seriously not get how comparing the last patches of an expansion lasting a year might be a bit different from the playerbase melting down within 6 fucking months of the expansions release? Have you considered how stuffed BFA will be in its own expansion ending dead time?

I hate to be agreeing with Gurzog but they fucked up big time for BFA. The story has never been worse, content has never been so sparse nor so poorly recieved (Azerite, Warfronts etc) but most importantly of all classes have NEVER felt this terrible to play. You can fix the first 3 with a good patch but no patch is going to overhaul classes to remotely the level they need to be good as people remember around Mops timeframe. The whole "rental features" expansion design needs to die. Yesterday.
Eh. I can recognize that people don't like Azerite but I pretty much like that feature, just like all other features of BFA.

The storytelling is at the same level of Legion, and in some places it's even better.

I was taking a look at some other social media/fansites and found one in which the userbase is largely excited for new warfronts, and not so much over paragon rewards, for instance. Surprising, huh?

The core community has become an echo chamber. The only kind of content they acknowledge is raids. Sounds familiar from old expac complaints.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post

Stop lying about "hate to agree with gurzog"
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM

Arch-Druid

I liked the new Warfront. Found it pretty cool, full of little details that make it enjoyable.

The story leading up to it had its flaws. And bugs, Nathanos and Tyrande often behaved really weird during the scripted events (like Tyrande escaping her stun too early and walking back and forth to her original position while Nathanos talked, or Nathanos walking to one side then back to escape). It could have been better and less buggy.

This patch is just a refinement of 8.0, which is cool by me. I just logged in and have a ton of stuff to do.

I think the big problem with BfA is that it was released too early and a lot of its systems were not fine. Blizzard probably tried to reduce the content drought duration and release 8.1 ASAP, but 8.1 itself took longer than they wanted.

I think BfA still has potential for its next patches, now that BfA has been refined and improved. If Blizzard is able to recover from the 8.1 and releases content fast as it did in Legion from now on, BfA complains can be forgotten.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Elune

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitrarySilkyDugongVoteYea

this place and the discord needs to be purged from you shills.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Troubadour

People flipping their shit over a pause on a catch-up mechanic just makes their entitlement show.

You can still farm AK until the raid opens. You just won't have the nice spoonfed cookie every week, which is completely reasonable because the artifact knowledge stops in a level that's higher than the required to fully unlock Mythic Uldir gear.

I hope the ones crying about that eventually get some sense into them and realize the ridicule of their behavior.
Old Today, 01:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Main complain I see in the forums is classes.

People either complain that they feel weaker compared to WoD or that Blizzard removed too many abilities. (And don't forget about the GCD outcry.)

But I kinda agree, that the rest feels a bit like a big entitlement show.
Old Today, 02:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I just can't stay away. I've got to see where this dumpster fire goes.

But I've been wondering; I've heard that few people actually care for the story. We might be unhappy, but the majority might just be happy playing the game. I have heard some dissatisfaction with class balance, titanforging, etc. but if enough people are okay with the game, will this cause Blizzard to see BfA as a big success and do nothing to alleviate story concerns?
Agreed, drumming up faction war drama is a cheap way to get people to get involved but sadly it works.
Old Today, 03:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
People flipping their shit over a pause on a catch-up mechanic just makes their entitlement show.

You can still farm AK until the raid opens. You just won't have the nice spoonfed cookie every week, which is completely reasonable because the artifact knowledge stops in a level that's higher than the required to fully unlock Mythic Uldir gear.

I hope the ones crying about that eventually get some sense into them and realize the ridicule of their behavior.
So far, I've seen threads complaining about ridiculous things ruining the game, such as:

- New orc run animation
- New Paladin Consecration animation didn't went live
- Alliance participating in World PvP is unfair to Horde
- 5,000 Gold reward from treasure map is too little.

And other dumb stuff. Some people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Old Today, 03:09 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Agreed, drumming up faction war drama is a cheap way to get people to get involved but sadly it works.
But for how long?

I keep pointing out that they had to take moments aside to address story concerns at a panel outside of Blizzcon for a reason. Before The Burning of Teldrasill only hardcore nerds cared about the narrative direction of the story. Now the wider audience is knocking at the door asking what the hell's going on.
Old Today, 05:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
It's Warcraft, not Peacecraft

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old Today, 06:45 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm disappointed. After all the story cinematics for BfA, I was expecting a proper cinematic trailer for this patch, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGANQad7Q1U
Seems to me the story cinematics are here to help tell the story of Saurfang. They’re investing a lot into him.

Whether or not the next one of these vignettes is about Saurfang, I expect it will come out around 8.2. No sooner.
Old Today, 08:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Seems to me the story cinematics are here to help tell the story of Saurfang. They’re investing a lot into him.

Whether or not the next one of these vignettes is about Saurfang, I expect it will come out around 8.2. No sooner.
I'm not talking about those full CGI short movies. I'm talking about compiling in-game cinematics (like they did for Argus) or doing a trailer akin to other raid trailers. This one was kinda weak. Maybe they are preparing a proper one for the actual raid release. I also expect the raid itself to have some cinematics attached to it, and that will be way before 8.2.

I'm not really expecting more full CGI cinematic. Even Lost Honor caught me totally by surprise. I won't complain if we get them, thought.

Last edited by Deicide; Today at 09:10 AM..
Old Today, 12:47 PM

Elune

jesus christ can you stop shilling for blizzard for 1 second next you are gonna say that the new mount in the store is great and that the reskin mounts we get for doing ingame stuff is great and shouldnt be unique mounts.

I would like to say eat shit, but for blizzard shills like you guys, you would just ask for extra.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Today, 03:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
But for how long?

I keep pointing out that they had to take moments aside to address story concerns at a panel outside of Blizzcon for a reason. Before The Burning of Teldrasill only hardcore nerds cared about the narrative direction of the story. Now the wider audience is knocking at the door asking what the hell's going on.
It is true, you can only drag something through the mud for so long before people ask you to leave it there. But faction loyalty is a strange thing, I don't much care for WoW lore anymore but I still care for the Horde oddly enough. I want to see what happens to the guys I care for and if we finally get to win. I am sure Alliance folks get a similar feeling.

Can this be milked forever? As I've said, no. But they can do it for quite a while and I think they will try so strap yourselves in weather you like it or not.

PS. And before someone thinks this is just my imagination and Blizzard isn't going full hog on faction strife... just look at the commercials for BfA, all of them are about faction pride mattering. This is the ace Blizzard is banking on right now and I don't think it is just for this expansion.

Last edited by C9H20; Today at 03:52 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft