Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7276  
Old 08-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Warden
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 736

Default

This is a hypothetical, but if we were to get playable ethereals next expansion do you think Chronicle 3 would give information on K'aresh in preparation (like Chronicle 1 talking about some Legion stuff) or that its focus would be entirely on Azeroth since DotD to Cata is a lot to cover for one book?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7277  
Old 08-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Mending Mending is offline

Warden
Mending's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 768

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
This is a hypothetical, but if we were to get playable ethereals next expansion do you think Chronicle 3 would give information on K'aresh in preparation (like Chronicle 1 talking about some Legion stuff) or that its focus would be entirely on Azeroth since DotD to Cata is a lot to cover for one book?
I think we'd get at least a sub-section or two in the same way we got what we did on Elisande and Prince Farondis in Vol. 1.
Reply With Quote
  #7278  
Old 08-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Arch-Druid
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,325

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I think we'd get at least a sub-section or two in the same way we got what we did on Elisande and Prince Farondis in Vol. 1.
Probably in the TBC section.
Reply With Quote
  #7279  
Old 08-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,491

Default

Does anyone remember how Grom's scream was described in the books? Been having a chat with a dude that claims it would sound something like a death metal howl or something, but I imagine it would sound more along of his speaking voice in Warcraft 2.

Basically some nice AC DC shit, but on steroids. More likely to carry enough to pierce as many ears as it did in the books.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Not to sound mysogonystic, but I'd smash Natalie Dormer like it was the last time my cock would ever work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Reply With Quote
  #7280  
Old 08-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,284

Default

Who/where are the other Titans? As in Titans that are not of the Pantheon. Chronicles says that the Pantheon searched to awaken other World Souls, and as they searched they found fewer and fewer. Where are these seldom found Titan? They never get a mention. One would think that such powerful creatures as the Titans, even though not part of the Pantheon would show up or be mentioned. This is of course excluding Argus, Azeroth, and the one that Sargeras killed.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #7281  
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Warden
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 736

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeiute View Post
Who/where are the other Titans? As in Titans that are not of the Pantheon. Chronicles says that the Pantheon searched to awaken other World Souls, and as they searched they found fewer and fewer. Where are these seldom found Titan? They never get a mention. One would think that such powerful creatures as the Titans, even though not part of the Pantheon would show up or be mentioned. This is of course excluding Argus, Azeroth, and the one that Sargeras killed.
The Pantheon are the ones they found. They weren't always together; Aman'Thul woke up first and found the other ones, and over time finding each member took longer and longer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7282  
Old 08-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Arch-Druid
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,325

Default

Though it's still possible there are are Titans in another corner of the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #7283  
Old 08-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Warden
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 736

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Though it's still possible there are are Titans in another corner of the universe.
Oh of course. But like Argus they'd be ones the Pantheon never found.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7284  
Old 08-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,284

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The Pantheon are the ones they found. They weren't always together; Aman'Thul woke up first and found the other ones, and over time finding each member took longer and longer.
Granted I don't have Chronicles in front of me, but at least how Wowpedia puts it (From both the Titan, World Soul, and Pantheon sections), it's as if the Pantheon had already formed and found the "fewer and fewer". It's worded Aman'Thul found his "siblings", they form the Pantheon, then get to work finding others and ordering worlds, which did not show up as often.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #7285  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Warden
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 736

Default

Is there a list somewhere of what uses different herbs have in lore? Like a fan-compiled one, based on things like quest text or gossip dialogue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7286  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Is there a list somewhere of what uses different herbs have in lore? Like a fan-compiled one, based on things like quest text or gossip dialogue.
http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Eveshka..._Outland_Herbs
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #7287  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Pepe Stormstout Pepe Stormstout is offline

Wisp
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6

Default

Quote:
Is there a list somewhere of what uses different herbs have in lore? Like a fan-compiled one, based on things like quest text or gossip dialogue.
Here's one from the EU Role-Playing forums, though as far as I can tell it was last updated in 2014.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9751515984

The one Revenant linked seems to be more of a compilation of fan fiction about Herbalism plants.
Reply With Quote
  #7288  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,338

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Here's one from the EU Role-Playing forums, though as far as I can tell it was last updated in 2014.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9751515984

The one Revenant linked seems to be more of a compilation of fan fiction about Herbalism plants.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum!
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7289  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Pepe Stormstout Pepe Stormstout is offline

Wisp
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6

Default

Thanks for the welcome!

By the way, how does one include the "Originally Posted by X" when quoting?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
Reply With Quote
  #7290  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

By the way, how does one include the "Originally Posted by X" when quoting?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
In case you're not quoting a SoL post, you can include it manually by adding "=[Name]" to the quote tag.

[QUOTE=Pepe Stormstout], for example.
Reply With Quote
  #7291  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Warden
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 736

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Here's one from the EU Role-Playing forums, though as far as I can tell it was last updated in 2014.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9751515984

The one Revenant linked seems to be more of a compilation of fan fiction about Herbalism plants.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
go'el's gaol, high elf menopause, lore, lorebat, random, tubers, warcraft, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.