Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 02-13-2016, 05:31 PM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Samael#1487

Map DarkAngel's Random Ideas Thread

This thread is intended to prevent my various random ideas from clogging the forum with unnecessary threads and the campfire thread with non-discussion posts. Feel free to post your own comments after each entry, as this first post will be updated to act as a table of contents.

I'll begin by listing everything I've posted elsewhere.

The Falconbridge Chronicles
As my first attempt at fanfiction, the beginning *ahem* sucks. Luckily, it got better as I did. I still hope to finish someday, though that's very far off.
Book I
Book II
Book III

A Brave New World (of WarCraft)
Falconbridge eventually spawned a spin-off series set in the far future. This is how I thought things might fall in the "Army of the Light" period. Like its predecessor, I still hope to finish someday.

Balaa
This character, from what would've been the second book of A Brave New World, took me so strongly that I had to write her down. She is precisely the kind of thing this thread is supposed to consolidate.

Scrapped Idea: Gone with the �ther
Another item for this thread, this story was written in summary to get rid of it. It comes complete with tie-ins to both Falconbridge and the legendary Travels through Azeroth and Outland.

Dispatches from the Nexus (HotS)
As my current project, most of my energy will remain focused here -- that is, when there's downtime in my "employment." Who knew a game with no story could have so much potential?

Overwatch TV Ideas
And yet, Overwatch gave me a massive brainstorm on what to do with the characters. Got it out of my system, though. (I hope.)

Project Blackstone Continues
What if the crew from Project Blackstone had another adventure? An idea came to me of the travails they might face. It also seems screenwriting actually comes more naturally than full prose.

SC2 Alternate Ending
What if Kerrigan had simply let Raynor go to live the rest of his life instead of joining her in godhood? The ending might've been more interesting.

Reaction Images
My crappy experiment with GIMP.

"Alive" Reaction Images
More reactions, this time based on "Alive."

Destiny Unknown
A story concept about the Illidari that I shamelessly stole from someone else -- now updated for Legion-era lore.

Kalea
Another portfolio scene, this time reusing some familiar cast members in the Cataclysm era.

Non-Blizzard Memes
Some fun I had with an online meme generator. I'm never doing this manually again!

Sombra
Another character reference sheet for Overwatch, this time on a Latina hacker.

Balaa is Crazy
Remember Balaa from above? I decided to try using her in a scene -- featuring a certain two children with a penchant for landing in trouble.

D.Va Do-Over
Since my last attempt a everyone's favorite gamer was...less than successful, I tried again. Inspiration from Charlet Chung was a big help.

Last edited by DarkAngel; 10-15-2017 at 05:06 PM..
Old 02-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Weren't you supposed to get a custom rank at some point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:32 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I was, but that stalled somewhere along the line. I don't mind -- much.

Anyway, there's a special treat coming tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:50 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
More on this soon.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Priestess of the Moon

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball Project Blackstone Continues

As promised, I have a treat. This came to me while lying awake in bed one night. I'm probably butchering characters I don't know enough about again.
Quote:
INT. BRIDGE OF THE DS BRIN -- NIGHT
Ayers and Treicher stand before a screen. The image of VALERIAN MENGSK appears.

AYERS
(icily)
Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? It's not funny.

VALERIAN
Good evening, Dr. Ayers. From your tone, I gather you received the package I sent you.

AYERS
I have half a mind to send your "package" back into space -- without a stasis pod.

VALERIAN
You asked for the Dominion's best expert on psionics. I sent her to you.

AYERS
You could've at least told me who it was.

VALERIAN
Would you have accepted her help if I had?

Ayers remains silent.

VALERIAN (CONT'D)
This mission is very important, Talen -- not just to the Dominion, but to all of humanity. I'd hate to see it fail because personal feelings got in the way.

AYERS
She did take our only means of escape and leave us all to die on a barren rock. These feelings are more than just mine.

Valerian takes a deep breath.

VALERIAN
I'm well aware of what happened at Blackstone Station. I also think you'll find Dr. Martine quite eager to redeem herself -- if, that is, you can forgive her enough to try.

Ayers purses his lips.

AYERS
All right, she can stay -- but only until we've accomplished our objective. After that, she goes.

VALERIAN
Good. I had hoped you'd be reasonable about this. Keep me posted on any new developments, doctor. We're all counting on you.

Image of Valerian disappears.

TREICHER
You surprise me, sir. I thought for sure you'd end up losing your job. <beat> I'd go with you, for the record.

AYERS
I surprised myself -- but this isn't over. I want you to keep a close watch on her -- and have someone wearing a psi-screen at all times.

Treicher nods.

TREICHER
Will do.

Treicher exits. Ayers looks down.

AYERS
I'd better not regret this.
The first write-up had a much angrier Ayers, but I quickly decided that wasn't his style. After some thought, I suddenly realized: Talen Ayers is Richard Castle. Both are middle-aged men with dark hair. Both are bestselling authors. Both have daughters. Both have rocky relationships with their love interests. All I had to do was imagine the right voice and the problems fixed themselves.

That leaves me to worry about Valerian. Playboy-turned-suave manipulator? I may have to actually play SC2 someday.

And, just what is this mission that's so important, anyway?
Old 04-02-2016, 04:48 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Neutral Building SC2 Alternate Ending

Not intended to be in any way serious. It just felt like the official ending was...off.
Quote:
FOUR YEARS LATER
INT. A LIVING ROOM -- DAY
(Raynor sits in a chair reading a newspaper. He looks up at the sound of running feet. A CHILD, a girl of about four, speaks in the next room.)

CHILD (O.S.)
Mommy! Mommy! I saw the gold lady again!

(A WOMAN replies.)

WOMAN (O.S.)
(gently)
How many times have we talked about this? There is no gold lady. Stop telling stories.

CHILD (O.S.)
But it's not a story! It's true!

WOMAN (O.S.)
I don't want to hear about this again, understand?

CHILD (O.S.)
But Mommy!

WOMAN (O.S.)
No buts. Just no.

(The back of the child's head enters the foreground. Raynor looks down at it.)

RAYNOR
Your mamma's right, Sarah. You can't go around tellin' stories like that--

(Raynor leans forward, a twinkle in his eye.)

RAYNOR (cont'd.)
even if they are true.

(Cut to black. Roll credits.)
There probably aren't newspapers in StarCraft, but it felt right to me. The woman's identity is deliberately ambiguous. Is she Hanson? We don't know.

Also, I seem to be doing more SC than WC in this thread--and screenplays.

Last edited by DarkAngel; 04-03-2016 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-08-2016, 04:32 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Wink Reaction Images

So, playing around with WoW Model Viewer and GIMP one day, it occurred to me that I could make reaction images like some other people do. Yrel came first, but then I said, "Why not use my characters too?" The results weren't exactly professional grade, as you can see. What this sort of thing needs is a black outline around the white text. Oh well. It was a fun exercise.

If these are to your liking, I also pulled some great stills out out of "Alive" for when I have time.
Attached Images

Tags
fan fiction, storytelling