Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13876  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Afaslizo Afaslizo is offline

Sentinel Queen
Afaslizo's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 922

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
That would be my bet, but the Sylvanas one is still a possibility.
How?

1. Warcraft 3: To Arthas
2. Edge of Night: Suicide but Annhylde takes her place
3. Cataclysm Silverpine Forest: Killed by Lord Godfrey but brought back by Valkyres
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Did they just say the BL is worse than the Old Gods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Reply With Quote
  #13877  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Arch-Druid
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,405

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
How?

1. Warcraft 3: To Arthas
2. Edge of Night: Suicide but Annhylde takes her place
3. Cataclysm Silverpine Forest: Killed by Lord Godfrey but brought back by Valkyres
The Banshee Queen is born as her old self dies to Arthas.

She dies once by suicide.

She dies a second time, to Godfrey.

Third death missing.
Reply With Quote
  #13878  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,061

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
How?

1. Warcraft 3: To Arthas
2. Edge of Night: Suicide but Annhylde takes her place
3. Cataclysm Silverpine Forest: Killed by Lord Godfrey but brought back by Valkyres
As people pointed out in this thread, her death to Arthas could be, to the Void, her birth. Maybe only the other two, already as undead, may count.

Her "birth": she goes to the Light, is pulled back into undeath. The Ranger General dies, the Banshee Queen is born.
"First" death: she goes to the darkness. Makes a deal to escape it.
"Second" death: again, descend into darkness. Her Val'kyr sacrifice themselves to rescue her.

Now, she has less and less Val'kyr. Her final death may be drawing near.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 10-16-2017 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13879  
Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM
Afaslizo Afaslizo is offline

Sentinel Queen
Afaslizo's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 922

Default

I find that to be unlikely and dumb but it could be a possibility, okay. But a minor nitpick: The Banshee Queen was born when Sylvanas reposessed her dead body not before. Before she was just the first Banshee.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Did they just say the BL is worse than the Old Gods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Reply With Quote
  #13880  
Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM
Pepe Stormstout Pepe Stormstout is offline

Druid of the Claw
Pepe Stormstout's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
Before she was just the first Banshee.
Not the first, actually; there were Highborne banshees before that. Presumably, at least; it makes more sense for all of the Highborne ghosts in Kalimdor, the Broken Isles, etc. to have been that way for millennia, rather than imagining that they died thousands of years ago but that their restless spirits only showed up a handful of years ago.

For what it's worth, the WC3 website talks about how the banshees were female elves killed during the War of the Ancients and later recruited by Ner'zhul, but the manual says they were elves killed by the Scourge.
__________________


Avatar by Baldi Konijn. Previous avatars: 1, 2
Reply With Quote
  #13881  
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,176

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
For what it's worth, the WC3 website talks about how the banshees were female elves killed during the War of the Ancients and later recruited by Ner'zhul, but the manual says they were elves killed by the Scourge.
To be fair, they seemed to appear as both in WC3; the ones in Lordaeron were high elves, while the ones that the Legion woke up all over the Felwood were presumably night elves.

The Scourge probably ended up having a mix of both , as it generally made a habit of reinforcing its own numbers by scooping up any local, pissed-off ancient ghosts it happened across.

Last edited by ARM3481; Yesterday at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13882  
Old Yesterday, 01:50 AM
Pepe Stormstout Pepe Stormstout is offline

Druid of the Claw
Pepe Stormstout's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
To be fair, they seemed to appear as both in WC3; the ones in Lordaeron were high elves, while the ones that the Legion woke up all over the Felwood were presumably night elves.

The Scourge probably ended up having a mix of both , as it generally made a habit of reinforcing its own numbers by scooping up any local, pissed-off ancient ghosts it happened across.
True, that.
__________________


Avatar by Baldi Konijn. Previous avatars: 1, 2
Reply With Quote
  #13883  
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
Arkanoid Arkanoid is offline

Treant
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brazil
Posts: 17

Default

You guys are forgetting there is a simpler alternative: that Blizzard simply forgot their own lore and forgot that Sylvannas already died three times. So this comment about her third death actually should mean her 4th death, and now that the game was already published with that comment they don't want to take it back.
Reply With Quote
  #13884  
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,061

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
You guys are forgetting there is a simpler alternative: that Blizzard simply forgot their own lore and forgot that Sylvannas already died three times. So this comment about her third death actually should mean her 4th death, and now that the game was already published with that comment they don't want to take it back.
It may have been the case, but they can just handwave it. "Oh, there was no mistake! Her death by Arthas' hand was, from PoV of the Void, her birth."
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #13885  
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,162
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
You guys are forgetting there is a simpler alternative: that Blizzard simply forgot their own lore and forgot that Sylvannas already died three times. So this comment about her third death actually should mean her 4th death, and now that the game was already published with that comment they don't want to take it back.
Nah the simpler alternative is that it has nothing to do with Sylvanas or Jaina.
Reply With Quote
  #13886  
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,754

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Nah the simpler alternative is that it has nothing to do with Sylvanas or Jaina.
Simpler but less realistic.
Reply With Quote
  #13887  
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Patrick_C Patrick_C is offline

Druid of the Talon
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 96

Default

Well, if we want to be nitpicky, Azeroth never died either. She was injured, seriously so, but never crossed over to the Titan Shadowlands.
Reply With Quote
  #13888  
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,517

Default

The Wound mini map has been updated and this PTR build is a release candidate. Looks like Antorus might be opening soon.
Reply With Quote
  #13889  
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,162
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

The raids release doesn't necessarily correlate with the patch. If it releases before mid December then that makes Tomb less than 6 months and in that case they better hope the next expansion hits no development snags and is out by April or May.

Last edited by Leviathon; Yesterday at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13890  
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Joeygiggles Joeygiggles is offline

Arch-Druid
Joeygiggles's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,079
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The raids release doesn't necessarily correlate with the patch. If it releases before mid December then that makes Tomb less than 6 months and in that case they better hope the next expansion hits no development snags and is out by April or May.
The expansion isnt going to follow the same release cycle
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13891  
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The raids release doesn't necessarily correlate with the patch. If it releases before mid December then that makes Tomb less than 6 months and in that case they better hope the next expansion hits no development snags and is out by April or May.
They apparently expect Sargeras' fate and The Wound to be common knowledge by Blizzcon, so...
Reply With Quote
  #13892  
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,162
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
The expansion isnt going to follow the same release cycle
We can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
They apparently expect Sargeras' fate and The Wound to be common knowledge by Blizzcon, so...


When did they say that?
Reply With Quote
  #13893  
Old Today, 12:06 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
When did they say that?
The original description of the Sargeras shirt was a summary of the raid's conclusion, so that means whoever wrote it thought that would be out by the time Blizzcon was.
Reply With Quote
  #13894  
Old Today, 12:29 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,162
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The original description of the Sargeras shirt was a summary of the raid's conclusion, so that means whoever wrote it thought that would be out by the time Blizzcon was.
Or the marketing guy just messed up. It wouldn't be the first time.
Reply With Quote
  #13895  
Old Today, 12:48 AM
Shadowsong Shadowsong is offline

Eternal
Shadowsong's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,658

Default

Even if hypothetically they released the patch next week or the week after that still doesn't give most players a chance to see the cinematic by November 3 unless the expectation is for everyone to just youtube it. In which case why does it matter, may as well spoil it at Blizzcon. Most people who would spoil themselves via youtube already know via datamining about the wound caused by Sargeras.

I've said it before they don't need to have the ending cinematic be known for the expansion announcement. Just as we didn't have to know about the Tomb cinematic to know that 7.3 will be in Argus. They've been doing a good job with raid tier length thus far. it would be silly to cut ToS for such a reason. Just as it was to cut Ulduar short. It needs to last until a week or two minimum after Blizzcon to be of a decent length. Especially when more than likely Antorus will be longer even if the content drought isn't as bad as previous expansions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.