Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default Who is Kargin Ironknee?

Kargin Ironknee. He's a mountain king dwarf. He's inside the files of most TFT Campaign maps. He has the same stats on most of those maps, but he is modified to be different in another ones.

Blizzard's joke, or something different? Or just nothing?

There's always an item with him, called "book of beards". In "Into the Shadow Web Caverns", chapter 7, part one, of the Legacy of the Damned campaign of TFT, there's a place named Kargin's forge.

In some maps, his and book's name is codified, so you can't read it.

I'm making a research on all the files of the campaign maps. I have only finished with the TFT Undead Campaign, but I'm going to check every campaign map of the game to see if there's any possibility for him to actually appear in-game.

This guy is everywhere. Half of the maps have references to him. This is madness.

Your opinions?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM

Elune

Pics of the guy? If he has an unique model. But remember theres an unique Paladin model too with name and everything aswell.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Demon Hunter
Send a message via Yahoo to Orcish_Warrior

Magni's long lost cousin?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

He's a spartan.

Also; why are you doing this?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Well, I do it when I have free time.

I have discovered pretty weird stuff, with consolidated bases, like:

-Tharifas (Green dragon, removed)
-Nezar'Azret (Nerubian queen, only appears at difficult level)

-Prototypes (stats) for dwarf ax-men (removed)
-Funny goblin connections (removed)

And things like that. I like to watch the triggers, and I discover those things while I watch them.

Anyway, Drz, about that names issue...

It's all about the 3 paladins at the 2nd mission of UD RoC Campaign. In-game, they have some names.

In-files, they are referenced as those other guys with their own model.

Those are:

(In-game name) (>) (In-file name)
Sage Truthbearer > Gregory Edmunson
Ballador the Bright > Edward Kang
Gavinrad the Dire > Lord Nicholas Buzan

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-23-2016, 09:38 PM

Critter

Hello, gentlemen. I recognize this is a dead thread that is seven years old, but I noted that it is the only place online where Kargin Ironknee is mentioned.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Abelhawk. This year, I've been compiling a list of little-known Easter eggs on Warcraft 3 that aren't found anywhere else online. I'm surprised to have found someone like Lon-ami, who looked into the map files of the game like I am doing now.

I somewhat doubt that anyone even remembers this thread anymore after all these years, but if you're interested in secrets like this, feel free to check out my Warcraft 3 Easter egg series here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y7oTqp7Rj6xXSe

I'm currently working on the final video, which is how I found Kargin Ironknee's file. I'll be mentioning him in the video.

Again, I may be speaking to the dead on this forum, but if anyone's here, feel free to check out my video. Hail to my fellow Warcraft fans.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 AM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelhawk View Post
Hello, gentlemen. I recognize this is a dead thread that is seven years old, but I noted that it is the only place online where Kargin Ironknee is mentioned.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Abelhawk. This year, I've been compiling a list of little-known Easter eggs on Warcraft 3 that aren't found anywhere else online. I'm surprised to have found someone like Lon-ami, who looked into the map files of the game like I am doing now.

I somewhat doubt that anyone even remembers this thread anymore after all these years, but if you're interested in secrets like this, feel free to check out my Warcraft 3 Easter egg series here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y7oTqp7Rj6xXSe

I'm currently working on the final video, which is how I found Kargin Ironknee's file. I'll be mentioning him in the video.

Again, I may be speaking to the dead on this forum, but if anyone's here, feel free to check out my video. Hail to my fellow Warcraft fans.
Cool series, I will watch through this.