Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 AM

Elune

That is really rough Krainz, I though Brazil was more stable and free than "army in the streets." Hopefully this doesn't spiral into a dictatorship nor a revolution since neither of those tends to turn out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
On similarly shitty news: I can't READ most of the stuff on the twitter accounts Kir gave us to use to keep track of shit in the Ukraine, but it seems like stuff's still shitty there too.
It is a (mostly) frozen conflict. Both sides just do their own thing. There is no progress with negotiations. While occasionally both sides (but mainly the govt.) declare that total victory is imminent it seems to be BS, only small border skirmishes are happening.
It is likely to remain a contested territory stuck in limbo like Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and similar. Though there is more cause for hope in this case since a mutually acceptable solution to the Donbas issue might be a prerequisite for the end of sanctions which Russia certainly wants.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
That is really rough Krainz, I though Brazil was more stable and free than "army in the streets." Hopefully this doesn't spiral into a dictatorship nor a revolution since neither of those tends to turn out well.
Most people are protesting against Marielle's death since that's actually the first dictatorial act of repression.

First as in, the starting one
Old 04-03-2018, 04:55 AM

Troubadour

Old 04-04-2018, 10:06 AM

Troubadour

The translation to english is at the bottom.

Meanwhile, over at Rio..

Also

Brazil's ex-President Lula must go to prison on corruption charges pending appeal, Supreme Court judges rule by 6-5

Last edited by Krainz; 04-04-2018 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-26-2018, 02:55 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

The hell is going on over there? Apparently banning butter knives wasn't enough so now they need to ban videos of guns?
Member #14
Old 04-27-2018, 08:20 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post

The hell is going on over there? Apparently banning butter knives wasn't enough so now they need to ban videos of guns?
Hmm. Gee. If only there were a deep and near unrestricted cultural love and respect for the concept of Freedom of Speech and expression to stop laws and companies from restricting peoples views, hobbies, and interests.

It's almost like someone has been saying this was going to happen.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Hmm. Gee. If only there were a deep and near unrestricted cultural love and respect for the concept of Freedom of Speech and expression to stop laws and companies from restricting peoples views, hobbies, and interests.

It's almost like someone has been saying this was going to happen.
Weren't you one of the people that held firm to the idea that private companies should be able to deny service to whomever they want for any or no reason?
Member #14
Old 04-27-2018, 01:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Weren't you one of the people that held firm to the idea that private companies should be able to deny service to whomever they want for any or no reason?
Nope.

I've even said bigger companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook (I.E. companies that are, for all intents and purposes major social and public forums) need to be forced to be apolitical.

But you are probably referring to the gay baker debate, where my stance was that the Baker could not turn away selling or serving them, but he could turn away a request to do a job that fell afoul of his personal beliefs.

So, as an example..
LBGT couple walks in, kisses, PDA, et all. Buy a cake. Buy bread. Buy pastries. He cannot turn them away. This is ok

LBGT couple walks in, asks him to decorate a cake celebrating their union, he should be able to say no, it's against my beliefs. This is ok.

LBGT couple walks in, picks out something to buy, Baker refuses to sell them anything. This is not ok.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:49 PM

Troubadour

The Brazilian populace reacting to our current president Michel Temer walking on the streets

https://www.facebook.com/asocial.ana...8662996255815/

Michel Temer is seen as a coup enforcer and a common shout is "FORA TEMER", which means "get out (from the presidency) Temer".
Old 05-27-2018, 02:37 PM

Troubadour

Last edited by Krainz; 05-27-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-27-2018, 06:39 PM

Elune

This looks like things are spiraling downwards. Is that true or are things at a constant level of bad? Or improving maybe?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Is that true or are things at a constant level of bad? Or improving maybe?
Yes. I see no improvement anywhere whatsoever. Our current president has like 5% approval rating and 72% rejection, according to some sources.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Yes. I see no improvement anywhere whatsoever. Our current president has like 5% approval rating and 72% rejection, according to some sources.
That is really bad, I truly hope things move for the better, and quickly.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
So...what's this I hear about Bolsonaro and a potential call for a military dictatorship? Seems interesting.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
So...what's this I hear about Bolsonaro and a potential call for a military dictatorship? Seems interesting.
It's because these people lack education. They are pissed at the whole government and they want a military intervention wreck the corrupts and put some order in the house.

Thing is, they have no idea that during our military dictatorship (from 1964 to 1985), corruption became even harder to trace and identify, and we had a stupidly high percentage of economic inflation.

Not to mention that, if there was a military regime in place, they wouldn't be allowed to make any kind of protest.

More info:

https://www.quora.com/Was-Brazil-les...y-dictatorship

http://bit.ly/2Jal2Yh

Tags
politics