Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Is a drop in the bucket, plus, it's not adjusted for those who are going to come crawling back.

And I bet less than 1% of those people cared about Faction balance.

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Clearly, the appropriate way for Blizzard to address customer complaints is to go "fuck you" and ridicule them. That's a winning business strategy if I ever heard it.
Or it could be to emphasize a part of the storyline they want to.

Did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe, Blizzard has a direction for the Forsaken storyline that isn't what you imagine it to be?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

Did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe, Blizzard has a direction for the Forsaken storyline that isn't what you imagine it to be?
and then, this. Blizzard obviously has a story their working too. It'll probably be really good, and most of us will be happy.

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 05-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
and then, this. Blizzard obviously has a story their working too. It'll probably be really good, and most of us will be happy.
Well, that may be giving them a bit too much credit.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Elune

Quote:

Listen man, Lordaeron belongs to the ALLIANCE. It always has, and it always will. The occupants of Lordaeron gave up all rights to their land when they decided to die and follow some elf who is a FOREIGNER!!! (she took our jobs!)

It is absolutely unbelievable and an INSULT to the Alliance that a Forsaken character who lives in Lordaeron would yell “For Lordaeron!” It’s almost as if he’s expressing a viewpoint that isn’t mine! Like, somehow, characters in the world could have different opinions about who rightfully owns Lordaeron! I mean, it’s as if they are indicating that the battlecry “For Lordaeron” could mean different things to different people who yell it! And that’s Bullshit!!!

They are just trying to lose subscriptions by using “For Lordaeron!” in such a manner.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Clearly, the appropriate way for Blizzard to address customer complaints is to go "fuck you" and ridicule them. That's a winning business strategy if I ever heard it.
Or maybe they look at the threads and went...

"Oh, huh... they all think Sylvanas is the only forsaken who believes they're Lordaeron and she's using it as propaganda, we should fix that to clarify what the average forsaken believes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Bwut?
I thoguht the same thing, I saw Darnell as a lighthearted character, but never a joke character...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-14-2011, 04:29 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

It's blizzards story, it's not a "Fuck you" when they don't write it in the direction you want it to go, or don't explore the story as soon as you want them to. They have every right to do what ever they want with their characters, and I guarantee you they didn't have a meeting discussing all the ways they can ruin Alliance.

"Oh hey, Thassarian is pretty cool... oh but he's Alliance. Well, we better completely ruin him because thats how you make a successful game."

Yeah, I'm not buying that. We can get all pissy about it when in 2 years nothing has come of that story. They set up a lot of stories in Cata, it's going to take some time to get to all of them.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Another main problem with the Forsaken being "Lordaeron" (other than their nation being called the Forsaken or whatnot, the whole, giving up their past lives, the talk of carving out a new nation, etc.) is that it induces an even more ridiculous amount of bullshit regarding the Blood Elves.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Another main problem with the Forsaken being "Lordaeron" (other than their nation being called the Forsaken or whatnot, the whole, giving up their past lives, the talk of carving out a new nation, etc.) is that it induces an even more ridiculous amount of bullshit regarding the Blood Elves.
How so?
Quel'thalas is recognized as a distinct geopolitical entity, and its rarely considered to be part of the continent of Lordaeron. Not to mention the Blood Elves have great relations with the Forsaken. Worst comes to worst, Quel'thalas would become a client state of the Forsaken, but it'd be independent (at least in theory).

Last edited by Omacron; 05-14-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Old 05-14-2011, 05:11 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
How so?
Quel'thalas is recognized as a distinct geopolitical entity, and its rarely considered to be part of the continent of Lordaeron.
Because if the Forsaken are Lordaerians then they're the ones responsible for the whole Kael'thas fiasco. Which means the blood elves anger at the "alliance" for betraying him should be directed at them.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Because if the Forsaken are Lordaerians then they're the ones responsible for the whole Kael'thas fiasco. Which means the blood elves anger at the "alliance" for betraying him should be directed at them.
Who is the Alliance led by?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Geographically, it’s Lordaeron. The Forsaken are the power that is occupying the land.

Quote:
Are you referring to Garithos’ actions? If so, I think they probably have the mental capabilities to tell the difference. (Hint: Garithos’ guys weren’t undead). If anything, they’d have to overcome the fact that many of the Forsaken were Scourge who destroyed Quel’thalas. It’s likely they recognized they didn’t have free will at the time.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Not to mention we never found out Garithos' nationality or on whose orders he was acting.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadifa View Post
Who is the Alliance led by?
At the time? Lordaeron. And the ones killing dem elves, were Lordaeron. Azeroth was only mentioned in the manual and in one avoidable sentence in both War3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Are you referring to Garithos’ actions? If so, I think they probably have the mental capabilities to tell the difference. (Hint: Garithos’ guys weren’t undead). If anything, they’d have to overcome the fact that many of the Forsaken were Scourge who destroyed Quel’thalas. It’s likely they recognized they didn’t have free will at the time.
Ah, so there is a difference! The undead Lordaerians can't be blamed for what the living ones did despite their same nationality. (And it's possible that Sylvanus could kill Garithos' men and raise them, but that's theory and doesn't have much place here.) But the Azeroth Alliance can be blamed for what the living Lordaerian humans/Alliance did.

Forsaken/Scourage argument will always end up as a crapshoot because of DKs so how about we ignore that.

Quote:
Not to mention we never found out Garithos' nationality or on whose orders he was acting.
It is only "in doubt" (if any) because of flimsy evidence of his shield and his title. His shield for having a lion on it, and that being the symbol of Azeroth(despite their lion horn ending up in a cave on another continent) His title which is changed to "Highlord" in Cycle of Hatred.

And his only orders were his own. There has been no evidence to ever contradict that(unless he was controlled by Dehteroc the entire time) and Cycle of Hatred adds to that since he had people arguing against his orders.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Isn't it funny that the guy that has literally had the biggest impact on the Forsaken- His troops were a big part of why the Forsaken were able to take back the capital and removed the dreadlords/Scourge from power in Northern Lordaeron.

And was the reason why Kael'thalas joined up with Illidan and paved the way for the Blood Elves do join the Horde.

Is never mentioned, hinted, or offhand commented about in game and outside of lore?

/puts on tinfoil hat

Almost like he was erased from exististence...like a mind.... or time wipe....

Perhaps Galathos was an agent of the Infinite Flight, putting the Forsaken and Blood Elves onto the path they wanted, get Kael'thalas to join forces with Illidan and then work for the BL...

Or perhpas he was the Infinite version of Nozdormu? Or the normal version fixing the timeline?

Stranger things have happened...

/takes off tinfoil hat
Old 05-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ah, so there is a difference! The undead Lordaerians can't be blamed for what the living ones did despite their same nationality. (And it's possible that Sylvanus could kill Garithos' men and raise them, but that's theory and doesn't have much place here.) But the Azeroth Alliance can be blamed for what the living Lordaerian humans/Alliance did.
Uhh… yeah, there was pretty clearly a regime change. Nobody was going to recognize Arthas as the rightful leader (though he was King by succession). There was a sort of civil war. The Forsaken obviously had nothing to do with Garithos’ actions, but they eventually became the dominant power in Lordaeron. They control the region.

I think you’re getting hung up on semantics.

Also, Slyvanas could not have raised them. Lorewise, she had no necromancers or Val’kyr at that stage.

Further, I don’t think Garithos has ever been blamed by the Blood Elves or used as a reason to justify anti-alliance sentiment. In fact, they never even mentioned him or the genocide he attempted again aside from a blurb in CoH that amounted to “he was a bad guy.”

When the game starts, the Blood Elves had relations with the Alliance. Unfortunately, the Dwarf they were negotiating with was performing espionage against them and working with hostile Night Elves. The Forsaken, on the other hand, were helping them against a common enemy.

Last edited by Gurtogg_Bloodboil; 05-14-2011 at 06:27 PM..
Old 05-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I do wonder if people realise that the Forsaken are mainly Undead Lordaeron Humans ergo they think its there land to as it is...

If Stormwind randomly got plauged and they all became Undead i am veeery sure they would want to keep what was once theres.

And Frojar i actually havent saw you comment on something that isnt Alliance Fans Vs the world.. You have still in my eyes yet to contribute to the thread anything but whining.

Its like you wait for it then randomly appear.

Run
Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

The forsaken became a very different people after their undeath, that much is pretty obvious, however they were still born and raised in Lordaeron, and in undeath they continue to live in Lordaeron. I don't think any of the actions of the kingdom in life really has much merit among the forsaken, they've moved on. Lordaeron is still theirs and they will treat it as their own, it's not because they're clinging to the past; quite the opposite. I think it's a clear sign that they're moving forward.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
The forsaken became a very different people after their undeath, that much is pretty obvious, however they were still born and raised in Lordaeron, and in undeath they continue to live in Lordaeron. I don't think any of the actions of the kingdom in life really has much merit among the forsaken, they've moved on. Lordaeron is still theirs and they will treat it as their own, it's not because they're clinging to the past; quite the opposite. I think it's a clear sign that they're moving forward.
Plus they think that it is rightfully theres and they basically just want it all back.

Run
Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM

Mountain Giant

I'd like to point out that Thassarian has been used as a placeholder character name in achievements previously. I'm sure if I went back through the Cataclysm beta thread I could find proof, but I'm far too lazy for that. Just take my word for it - I doubt sincerely he's actually there.

That said, I feel this thread needs to exist, but be far more broad. Simply put, if any SINGLE ISSUE in WoW's story bugs you so much that anything relating to it causes you to post something about your issue, you need to probably be in here. This includes the likes of Kael'thas (or anyone, really) going insane and being a raid boss, the Alliance or Horde not getting the attention on the subject you think they should, Lordaeron, Ashenvale, Camp Taurajo, the Draenei (all of it, no matter what), the Worgen (again, all of it), Tyrande, Cairne, Garrosh, Elune, Trolls, Gnomes, etc etc, you should probably put it here. It bothers me the same way when someone whines that Kael went down the dark path was horrible or Tyrande and the Night Elves aren't the warrior women and blahblahblah as it does that Fojar never stops bringing up how the Forsaken starting areas are great, and they are invading and destroying human lands and lore with reckless abandon, and blah blah blah blah.

It's fine if you want a thread to it, but if you keep bringing it up, take it here. And certainly think about what is posted, or wait and see what it entails, before rushing headlong into complaints.

Thankfully this forum does a rather good job of tearing down arguments about EVERYTHING I mentioned above that crumbles to that level of annoyance, so any inclination that the forum is faction-biased is more than a little ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanic View Post
Thankfully this forum does a rather good job of tearing down arguments about EVERYTHING I mentioned above that crumbles to that level of annoyance, so any inclination that the forum is faction-biased is more than a little ridiculous.
Yeah, but this forum is biased towards Blizzard, and we all know that Blizzard are the ones who hate the Alliance. Or was it the Horde?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Yeah, but this forum is biased towards Blizzard, and we all know that Blizzard are the ones who hate the Alliance. Or was it the Horde?
Both. They favor the enemies of both factions. I mean, shit, they gave the Scourge a new race when they didn't give them to the Alliance or Horde, the Twilights Hammer got massive gains in territory AND are obviously wrecking far more than both factions, and they gave us not just Illidan but also the Burning Legion terrorizing Outland!

Their bias against both factions knows no bounds.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanic View Post
Both. They favor the enemies of both factions. I mean, shit, they gave the Scourge a new race when they didn't give them to the Alliance or Horde, the Twilights Hammer got massive gains in territory AND are obviously wrecking far more than both factions, and they gave us not just Illidan but also the Burning Legion terrorizing Outland!

Their bias against both factions knows no bounds.
What about the Empire of Nazjatar, World most powerful mage and most beautiful women as a leader, lots of slave races and cool pets, own a indiscriminate amount of underwater territory, and are soon getting a entire realm of water and a superweapon.

Blizzard is biased for Nazjatar
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Druid of the Talon

Who else defeats Elemental Lords on their own ground?

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing Magical Girl Vashj il Bridgett transform into a p-r-e-t-t-y mermaid and defeat the Burning Legion with the power of her song.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Keep all your belly-aching in this thread. Seriously.
Funny that you post this after you decide to faction change to Horde.

I'll belly-ache wherever I goddamned please about how Blizzard favors your bitchy emo ilk.