Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 10-21-2015, 10:50 AM

Arch-Druid

There was another boost of activity in weibo. It seems that SC, WC3 and D2 will be playable via launcher. But without any integration to the new battle.net service itself.
2p.com interpreted it as coming of the old Blizzard games to the battle.net shop in b,net launcher, but here's the thing, these games were there since forever.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:43 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

I really hope this is just the first step in integrating WarCraft 3 into the battle.net service proper.

It's something that really should be done if they can.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Elune

Looks like they are going to release a HD version of WC3/SC/D2.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Looks like they are going to release a HD version of WC3/SC/D2.
Pretty cool

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2015, 12:57 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Frost

I don't suppose a new campaign for the Warcraft 3 remake is too hopeful? Please?
Old 11-04-2015, 01:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
I don't suppose a new campaign for the Warcraft 3 remake is too hopeful? Please?
I would really be curious if they update the Tomb of Sargy campaign to reflect what we will see in Legion and what other updates they will make to reflect what we see in WoW.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:23 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Maybe we'll get the Exodus of the Horde campaign with full voice acting? I'd be happy with that.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:39 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I would really be curious if they update the Tomb of Sargy campaign to reflect what we will see in Legion and what other updates they will make to reflect what we see in WoW.
I really hope not.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:45 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Maybe we'll get the Exodus of the Horde campaign with full voice acting? I'd be happy with that.

You mean the part between getting on the boats and arriving in Kalimdor, which was a custom campaign by Blizzard? The Demo of WC3 was that sequence with voice acting (they were probably saving space in not including voice acting in the custom campaign). A year or so ago I added the voice files from the demo into the custom campaign successfully for an LP, or so I think. Here is the link for it, it will show up as "Example" in your custom campaigns. Let me know if it works. There are slightly overlapping voices at the start of the second map.

Last edited by Akul; 11-04-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I think more likely they just made a mistake or it was a rights issue with one of the actors or something. (Michael Bell was in it)

The size of the audio files isn't really that large for that one bonus campaign.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akul View Post
You mean the part between getting on the boats and arriving in Kalimdor, which was a custom campaign by Blizzard? The Demo of WC3 was that sequence with voice acting (they were probably saving space in not including voice acting in the custom campaign). A year or so ago I added the voice files from the demo into the custom campaign successfully for an LP, or so I think. Here is the link for it, it will show up as "Example" in your custom campaigns. Let me know if it works. There are slightly overlapping voices at the start of the second map.
The part where the orcs gang up with the trolls against the murlocs, yes. That's cool. Didn't know there actually were voice acting to that demo campaign. I haven't got WCIII installed on my computer right now, but I'll save the link for the future.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM

Elune

I did something similar to Akul a while back, and noticed that there are actually quite a lot of voice clips that didn't get used in the final demo. Apparently, the original intent was for the human attacks in the darkspear isles mission to only start once you had been spotted.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 PM

World Builder

Quote:
My bet is Nothing

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 PM

Banished

Quote:
''Imagines Athas and the Night Elves being more like how they are in WoW''

Ugh, no.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:45 AM

Archer

They should remake first two games instead of WC III and make them to have a storytelling on a level of WC III.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:50 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensdeath View Post
They should remake first two games instead of WC III and make them to have a storytelling on a level of WC III.
No thx. That wouldbasically be good Orgrim murdering Humans who gave him a bad look and be portrayed as one of Azeroth's greatest heroes with Blizzard's current writing.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:07 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Their storytelling was superior to anything that came afterwards in the Warcraft universe, so no thanks.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:39 AM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
No thx. That wouldbasically be good Orgrim murdering Humans who gave him a bad look and be portrayed as one of Azeroth's greatest heroes with Blizzard's current writing.
And he obviously is. Back in 1994 you didn't had so much of an expansive storyline to actually make something out of certain characters. Orgrim was maybe a bad guy back in 1994, but now he isn't since Warcraft III began emphatising with the Horde characters. Obviously he cannot be a bad guy anymore since he's right hand of Durotan, and his best associate.

It's better to remake these two games, cause they had story mostly in game manuals. That's kinda unfair, because everyone seems praising Warcraft III just because it has better game quality.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:41 AM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettin View Post
Their storytelling was superior to anything that came afterwards in the Warcraft universe, so no thanks.
You misunderstood me. The way how game was telling it.. don't have the same type of story telling as WC III. You can mostly find about it in game manuals, and it's more RTS based. That's why it's better to remake those games, to give them a fair spotlight. But tbh, if so they can't remake it with old lore. Since 1994 things are changed.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:42 AM

Dryad

Quote:
You misunderstood me. The way how game was telling it.. don't have the same type of story telling as WC III. You can mostly find about it in game manuals, and it's more RTS based. That's why it's better to remake those games, to give them a fair spotlight.
You mean dialogues and cutscenes? Yeah, that would be good.

Quote:
But tbh, if so they can't remake it with old lore. Since 1994 things are changed.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:44 AM

Dryad

Quote:
It's better to remake these two games, cause they had story mostly in game manuals. That's kinda unfair, because everyone seems praising Warcraft III just because it has better game quality.
Where does WC3 have better game quality? It has crappier graphics than WC2 had (having blurry 3D instead of beautiful pixel art), and the gameplay isn't really better either. It has hero units, which is nice, but other than that...
Old 11-28-2015, 11:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettin View Post
Where does WC3 have better game quality? It has crappier graphics than WC2 had (having blurry 3D instead of beautiful pixel art), and the gameplay isn't really better either. It has hero units, which is nice, but other than that...
Fun is subjective.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Fun is subjective.
True.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Cleaner pathing, animated portraits, more complex three dimensional camera movement cinematic cutscenes.

Though I agree the art doesn't look better overall. There's also a lot of other new gameplay mechanics, the races have a more distinct gameplay feel.

That's something I'd like to see adapted into WC1/2 if they redid them. Instead of Orcs and Humans just being mirror images of one another with different art -- make them two distinct races.

Honestly, though, I think these 'SC1/D2/WC3 updates' are really just going to be making them compatible with battle.net. I doubt they'll add anything new.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Cleaner pathing, animated portraits, more complex three dimensional camera movement cinematic cutscenes.

Though I agree the art doesn't look better overall. There's also a lot of other new gameplay mechanics, the races have a more distinct gameplay feel.

That's something I'd like to see adapted into WC1/2 if they redid them. Instead of Orcs and Humans just being mirror images of one another with different art -- make them two distinct races.

Honestly, though, I think these 'SC1/D2/WC3 updates' are really just going to be making them compatible with battle.net. I doubt they'll add anything new.
Still wishing it is, in fact, a major graphic update. Make theses games pleasing for the eyes.