Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Default The Great War, the Roleplaying Game

Azeroth: The Great War, the Roleplaying Game

So yeah, the Risk has been changed into a more traditional roleplaying style.
You command your faction leader as you specified; example, Kerrah is playing through the hand of Javali, dictator of Dalaran. Xarthat is his Proudmoore; Wabbajack and his King of the Dwarves. Zula, his troll is the Warlord of the Amani.

If anyone else is still interested in playing, post here and choose your character. Start anywhere you like. Be creative. You don't have to be good or evil, or human even. Do what you want. I assume Yubes, Xie and so on and so forth aren't showing up, so I won't give them an introduction.

I'll post introductions for the players I believe are coming. Anyone can join in at any time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction:

An era before the beginning of Warcraft 1.

It is the beginning of the Summertide in the Eastern Kingdoms. The snows have long since melted and the soils thawed out. Within months the lands swelter with a rough heat in Lordaeron, and the ice has grown thin in the southern lands of the dwarves.
The change in season is followed by a change in politics.

Throughout the entirety of the kingdoms, rumours arise within the homes and inns of the lands that the mighty kings and queens of the realms are tense and withdrawn. It is said that dark things stalk the night. Within the churches of the Holy Light, priests issue sermons warning against the evils of paganism. To worship false idols in place of the Light is dangerous, priests say. The people murmur. Crops fail.
Blame falls on the shoulders of the pagans.

Suspicion and fear turn to witch burnings and ambushes, slaughter of any who do not conform to society. The rage spreads, and soon the authorities have to take action. Some choose to shield their people from the paranoia, and become supporters of paganism in the eyes of the believers. Other monarchs support the witch trials, becoming enemies of those in need.

Ultimately, the nations are on the brink of war. What is to come next is up to the respective masters of the realm.

---

Dalaran (Javali, Kerrah's character)

It has been several months since Javali has deposed the Council of Six. He is now sole dictator of Dalaran, overseeing its territories.
However, the Kirin Mora, a rebel movement in favour of the Holy Light, has arisen under the leadership of one of the former admitted members of the Six, Grigori Dosantos.

It is morning as Javali surveys the city around him from the safety of the Violet Citadel.

Someone taps Javali's shoulder. He turns to face Archmage Franek Snowburn, of his loyalist magi.
"I am sorry to bother you, liege, but a mage has arrived at the gates wishing to speak with you. He says he has vital information for you; a proposition. I think he might be a defector from the Kirin Mora. What shall we do?"

---

Lordaeron (Alford Menethil, Wulf's character)

Lordaeron is suffering a period of turmoil. In their panic at persecution, many people have banded together in the townships, screaming their hatred at the Light worshipping monarchists of Lordaeron City. They have been joined by opportunistic freedom fighters, seeking a democracy in place of a monarchy. These men are led by Maximus Krowl, who they say is on a personal vendetta.

In the throne room of Lordaeron City, Alford Menethil sits to hear the complaints of his people. Also in council are Marshal Sherman, head of the military, and Archbishop Thomas Marden of the Holy Light, head of the entire church in the Kingdoms.

A ragtag group of peasants is led into council in chains. It is Sherman who announces them.
"My king, these men were captured in Brill. They were allegedly accused of consorting with powers other than the Holy Light. A local told the guards that they are Muharists. We have brought them here for judgement."

One of the peasants falls to his knees, teary eyed and desperate.
"My dear, dear king, spare us! We were falsely accused! The man who reported us was only seeking personal vengeance!"

---

Kul Tiras (Thaumas Proudmoore, Xarthat)

The nation of Kul Tiras has not escaped the recent political upheavals unscathed. Lord Admiral Thaumas has been bitterly betrayed. Though Kul Tiras remains under his grasp, the islands of Zul'Dare and Tol Barad have rebelled openly, and have fallen under the command of self-proclaimed Admiral Janus. Janus was Thamas' right hand man before his betrayal.

Within the capital of Boralus, Thaumas is making a public announcement to his people, gathered in the main square. As he stands atop a stone platform, flanked by his personal entourage, a man jumps from the crowds. He lunges at Thaumas, a dirty, scab-ladden beggar with a knife. Just in time, one of the guards steps in front of his Admiral. He takes the dagger in his throat and falls dead.
The rest of the entourage try to grapple the man, but he fights with incredible skill. Ultimately, the Guard Captain, Reginald Redpath, knocks the man to the ground and holds him down.

He is taken into custody. A chuckle sounds behind Thaumas. He turns to see a gnarled old man, wearing a green cloak and hood which hides his face.
It is Phorcys, a cowled man who appeared in Boralus and worked his way into the courts. He claimed to be the messenger of Mnesthes of the Four Gods, and thus an object of scorn to the Lightist population. Janus betray Thaumas because of this very 'demigod'.
"Admiral, you must take action. Mnesthes grows impatient. His people are persecuted far and wide." Phorcys mumbles, his viridian eyes wide and stern.

Thaumas is left to contemplate his next course of action. There is still the prisoner to consider, and it is said that Admiral Janus' fleet is but several days away from the port of Drisburg. There is much to be done.

---

The Amani Tribe (Warlord Jin'thek, Zula)

The Shrine of Ula'tek is the heart of Forest Troll civilization in Zul'Aman. It is the territory of the Amani tribe, who waged the Troll Wars and unified the clans many, many years ago. Since the Troll Wars, the Amani have fallen into decline. Rival factions have arisen; other tribes. The Witherbark are the greatest of rivals to the Amani, controlling much of the Hinterlands to the south of Zul'Aman. North are the Maisara Hills, under the grasp of the Mosstusk tribe.

Jin'thek concludes the tribal ritual honouring the Loa, under the eaves of his great forest. Smoke rises into the night from the cauldron in the centre of the village. Behind them, the Shrine of Ula'tek rises into the sky, a massive stone structure which acts as fortress and home. It is sacred to them, and they do not use it for idle pleasures or loitering.

Several things lie ahead now that the Summertide grand festival is scheduled to begin. Jin'thek wishes to unifty the tribes once again, and restore Zul'Aman.

Witch Doctor Gruc'jen has informed Jin'thek that the Mosstusks have set up a trapping encampment to the west, alongside a river which cuts down into a valley leading towards the Maisara Hills.
They are preying on game which is essential to the Amani. Food is running short, the trolls are thirsty for war and Jin'thek's ambitions have yet to achieve fruition.

Last edited by Timolas; 05-12-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-25-2009, 12:50 PM

Eternal

You wore wrongfully accused you say? I am a just king: I will allow you to retell your version of the story but be warned, I won't tolerate the filthy lies of heretics to be spoken in my halls. Be reminded that you speak to the man who represents the mighty Lordaeron itself and the Archbishop of the Holy Light. If a shadow of a lie even crosses your face, I'll have your throats instantly cut.

Now, speak!

Last edited by Wulfang; 04-25-2009 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-25-2009, 01:19 PM

Introduction - Ironforge (Wabbajack, Skirvar Thaurissan)

A shadow falls across the kingdom of Ironforge. The Highthane has fallen grievously ill. Some say that his ailment is the fault of evil spirits. Some blame Skirvar Thaurissan, who is regent. Skirvar is a Dark Iron Sorceror, and leader of the Dark Irons. His brethren are suspicious of him, to say the least.
The people are unhappy. They grumble that the Highthane's will is not his own. Word arrives to Ironforge that many dwarves in the Wetlands are turning to pagan practices, influenced by their human friends.
Port Baradin, they say, is under the grasp of the Four Gods.

Skirvar Thaurissan is faced with a choice. He does not know whether to put stock in the rumours about Port Baradin, though he knows himself and his own ambitions well enough, whatever they may be.

Blackhammer Silverbeard, the Dark Iron governor of Port Baradin, is on his way to Ironforge for a routine visit and pay of taxation. Mountaineers report that he has an unusually high amount of guards with him, and some say that he is on his way to plan a coup in the name of his gods.

Perhaps the situation can be avoided by assassinating Blackhammer, but that may arouse even more suspicion in Ironforge. It might go wrong; Blackhammer could go ahead with a coup. Perhaps he is planning nothing. Or else, if he is indeed an agent of these Four Gods, then he might make a valuable ally...

---

Lordaeron

The chief of the villagers remains on his knees as he surveys his king Menethil.
"Liege, what is the penalty for paganism? Will you have mercy if we confess?"
Everyone knows Sherman's hatred of pagans, and it is clear they fear him.

The Archbishop moves to whisper in the king's ear.
"King Menethil, it is my will that these men die if they are guilty. However, it would be wise to see what they know first. I have heard that Maximus Krowl is moving to take Andorhal from his base in Hearthglen. If he does, your grain distribution centre will be lost, and Lordaeron will be cut in half."

Last edited by Timolas; 04-25-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

OOC: Franek, you say? I had the same laugh as when seeing Karolek for the first time in Orgrimmar...

Lord Admiral turned to see the captive assassin.
"Do you realize you have tried to murder the only true and rightful Lord of Kul Tiras? If you speak now who have send you, I might show you some mercy... and let you die quickly. However, if you prefer to keep your mouths shut... I may be not be so good to you."

Back to Phorcys:
"Please tell Commodore Periandrus to gather all of the fleet to protect Duisburg. We need to get that scum out of my lands as soon as possible... but not sooner that we gather up more forces to destroy it. Once this "invasion" is broken, I will take some "separatist cult" into my own hands."

OOC: Isn't Phorcys like... my father? He acts like a complete stranger.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM

OOC: Phorcys is your father?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Eternal

OOC: Um, yeah. Whole idea behind the character was to be a supposed son of an Old God. Once Phorcys turned into a Mnesthes' demigod, I can safely assume I really am his son, so I'm now... one-quarter god.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Lordaeron

The chief of the villagers remains on his knees as he surveys his king Menethil.
"Liege, what is the penalty for paganism? Will you have mercy if we confess?"
Everyone knows Sherman's hatred of pagans, and it is clear they fear him.

The Archbishop moves to whisper in the king's ear.
"King Menethil, it is my will that these men die if they are guilty. However, it would be wise to see what they know first. I have heard that Maximus Krowl is moving to take Andorhal from his base in Hearthglen. If he does, your grain distribution centre will be lost, and Lordaeron will be cut in half."
You are all of Lordaeronian stock, born and raised in the care of our great nation. Your duty should be to your fatherland instead of some false idols whose followers are trying bring damnation to us all! Show once in your life the respect this nation deserves, and say the truth.

I will spare your life if you tell me everything you know about the pagan movements in my kingdom, especially anything about Maximus Krowl.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I send one of my most trustworthy messengers to one of my contacts in the wetlands [which should be even more dangerous and swampy then in WoW because the dam isn't build yet]. He will give the contact a letter wich says that he has to give the letter to one of the local bandit lords I know and that this bandit should attack Silverbeard and his men and that he gains the taxmoney as payment as long as Silverbeard and some of his bodyguards survive. In the letter is also the date on which they should attack.

Simultaneous I send one of my fastest and at least a bit trustworthy messengers to the dwarven squad that is nearest to the wetlands and strong enough to defeat the bandits. Officialy they are sent to protect Silverbeard but I command the messenger that he has to time the message so that the squad only arrives after the attack has already begun and a big part of Silverbeards men are dead.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
OOC: Um, yeah. Whole idea behind the character was to be a supposed son of an Old God. Once Phorcys turned into a Mnesthes' demigod, I can safely assume I really am his son, so I'm now... one-quarter god.
OOC: Tis' okay. Then that's canonical. He became the Messenger of Mnesthes long after you were born though. Just ignore the unfamiliarity thing. Your father vanished, you became Admiral, and he returned to your side a changed man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
You are all of Lordaeronian stock, born and raised in the care of our great nation. Your duty should be to your fatherland instead of some false idols whose followers are trying bring damnation to us all! Show once in your life the respect this nation deserves, and say the truth.

I will spare your life if you tell me everything you know about the pagan movements in my kingdom, especially anything about Maximus Krowl.
The Archbishop frowns at King Menethil, but steps aside. It is clear that he recognizes his place, despite his power. Or so it seems. His eyes narrow.

Sherman nods at you in affirmation. Though he is no fan of cultists, he seems to respect your apparent mercy.

The leader of the villagers sighs and looks to his comrades. One of them lands him a punch before being restrained by the guards.
"Tell him nothing, Henrick!"

Henrick shrugs.
"My king, we were not involved in any pagan worship. However, we are agents of the People's Front. Maximus Krowl promised to liberate us within a year, and that we would find a rich place in his new kingdom for our cooperation. But we have no choice. Your taxes are too high, and witch hunters run rampant in this kingdom, murdering anyone who steps out of line. They must be stopped."

Henrick points an accusing finger at the Archbishop.
"That man is behind it!" he fails. "His Witch Hunters answer to him and his Church of the Holy Light! The Church in northern Tirisfal is the centre of his mad inquisition! Freedom or paganism, it matters not. My king, you must save us!"

---

Kul Tiras

The assassin spits in Thaumas' face.
"Your father will be the doom of us all!" he yells.

Phorcys shakes his head and sighs.
"My son, you must be strong. There are more who support your choices than there are those who are against you. You have an armada at your command, and I have the power to call our god to assist us. Mnesthes ftang. Mark those words. They are the key. With them we can enslave creatures of water, of sky. Admiral Janus will strike at Drisburg, I am sure of this."
Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 PM

Eternal

To the servant:
Put this scum on a very special bed... and flow water into him. Directly into the mouth. Then stop for a moment, and see if he spills the beans. If he's not, flow more and more water. Keep this until he says what we want or until he's dead. If he 'cooperates'... just chop his head off. A quick death I promised.

To Phorcys:
I am already sending my armada to Duisburg, to protect it from the traitor. But as you say, I will order my people to mark those words upon all the sails. If it brings us a victory, you have my word, I'll put them in each single weapon in the kingdom I can reach and see.

And you say... we can tame creatures of the sea with those words... Remember those... flying fishes? Couatl, are they called, aren't they?

Shouting with hands raised towards the sky filled with Couatl:
Oh, mightly Couatl, I call to thee, come to my aid. Serve my people. Serve Mnesthes. Mnesthes ftang!

(OOC: Isn't it Duisburg, not Drisburg?)
Old 04-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Eternal

What bout my side?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 04-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Elune

OOC: Xie type in "OOC" if you make post like that damn you! It means: Out of Character.

PS. Patiance is virtue!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
The Amani Tribe (Warlord Jin'thek, Zula)

Witch Doctor Gruc'jen has informed Jin'thek that the Mosstusks have set up a trapping encampment to the west, alongside a river which cuts down into a valley leading towards the Maisara Hills.
They are preying on game which is essential to the Amani. Food is running short, the trolls are thirsty for war and Jin'thek's ambitions have yet to achieve fruition.
It was a summer night, the wind blowed through the forest trees surrounding the shrine while Gruc'jen informed his Warlord of the news coming from the North. The warlod looked down to the sky for a brief moment and then looked to his advisor.

''Its time, send the runners to the other tribes invite their chieftans for the Summertide festival in one week'' said with a grim voice

''All of them my master even the Whiterbark??'' Said Gruc'jen with a esceptic tone.

''Epecially them'' Replied

''But why I can't..'' Gruc'jen tried to finish his speech but was quickly interrupted by the Trollish Warlord

''The rumors say there is upheaval among the human and elven lands by seeing who comes we will know which chieftan is smart enough to see the oportunity... also tell the warriors to be prepared for battle if I need them just in case''

''As you wish mighty Warlord''
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 AM

Eternal

I'll say it again with Drz's rules:

[OOC] Xie: So what bout my side?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 AM

Arch-Druid

[That aren't "Drz's Rules", it is to distinguish what you say about the game and similar things and what your character says. Most people just write "OOC" in front of the written, but you can just put it in [] or {} ^^]

*Skirvar impatiently waits for the results of his commands*

[@ Xie: ** is used to show actions instead of "" which shows speech.]
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
I'll say it again with Drz's rules:

[OOC] Xie: So what bout my side?

OOC: Alright Xie, I'll give you your introductory post. You must respond to the actions I present just like Zula did. Try not to control anyone other than your own character unless it's an obvious decision or one of your own characters that is currently with your King. Remember, you are the King of Alterac. The world around you is in turmoil because the cultists of the Four Gods are rumoured to be causing trouble. There are followers of the Holy Light persecuting them under supposed orders of the Archbishop, who is in Lordaeron, which is controlled by Wulf.
This means that cult players may wish to attack Wulf to end the threat.

You will have to choose where you stand.

Alterac

Within the mountain city of Alterac, the nobles assembled with a grand petition. The King knew that they were coming, and preparations had been made. Richly decorated with tapestries, candles and exotic souvenirs, the halls of the royal palace were certainly fit for the coming guests.

The guests arrived by nightfall, and were greeted politely, and allowed to unpack from their long journey from Strahnbrad.
They were promised an opportunity to present the petition at the coming feast that night.

The King of Alterac soon oversaw the feast, ringed by his personal guards. The nobles feasted heartily and became drunk, before remembering why they had came.
One of them called for a moment of quiet, and staggered before the king. As he was drunk, his dignity seemed to have taken negative strides. It was what the King had intended by preparing the feast. Or at least, one reason.
"Lord, king." The fat noble exclaimed. "We thank you for your hospitality, but that is not enough!"
"Not enough!" one of the other nobles roared. "Our lands are untended because our peasants are being carried away in the night by fanatics of the Holy Light! Our towns live in suspicion and fear. We wish - no, we demand, that you call for an audience with the neighbouring kings! Diplomatic talks must begin! The anarchy must stop!"

---

Ironforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I send one of my most trustworthy messengers to one of my contacts in the wetlands [which should be even more dangerous and swampy then in WoW because the dam isn't build yet]. He will give the contact a letter wich says that he has to give the letter to one of the local bandit lords I know and that this bandit should attack Silverbeard and his men and that he gains the taxmoney as payment as long as Silverbeard and some of his bodyguards survive. In the letter is also the date on which they should attack.

Simultaneous I send one of my fastest and at least a bit trustworthy messengers to the dwarven squad that is nearest to the wetlands and strong enough to defeat the bandits. Officialy they are sent to protect Silverbeard but I command the messenger that he has to time the message so that the squad only arrives after the attack has already begun and a big part of Silverbeards men are dead.

"Aye, Thane." Yarin responds. He is one of your swifest and most trusted messengers. He takes the letter with caution, his amber eyes never leaving yours. "I'm not one to question ye, Skirvar, but ye be playin' a dangerous game I tell ye."
He pulls his white hood over his eyes and heads off, leaving Skirvar at the gates of Ironforge to watch him ride off atop a ram.

"Thane Skirvar Thaurissan." a voice beckons. Skirvar is left facing Cagrelm Flamebeard, one of the Highthane's bodyguards and one of your competitors. He leers at you through his bushy red eyebrows, his stout form weighed down by uniform plate. "The Highthane requests your presence. He wishes for you to make your weekly report to him. And make it quick."

---

Kul Tiras

Quote:
To the servant:
Put this scum on a very special bed... and flow water into him. Directly into the mouth. Then stop for a moment, and see if he spills the beans. If he's not, flow more and more water. Keep this until he says what we want or until he's dead. If he 'cooperates'... just chop his head off. A quick death I promised.

To Phorcys:
I am already sending my armada to Duisburg, to protect it from the traitor. But as you say, I will order my people to mark those words upon all the sails. If it brings us a victory, you have my word, I'll put them in each single weapon in the kingdom I can reach and see.

And you say... we can tame creatures of the sea with those words... Remember those... flying fishes? Couatl, are they called, aren't they?

Shouting with hands raised towards the sky filled with Couatl:
Oh, mightly Couatl, I call to thee, come to my aid. Serve my people. Serve Mnesthes. Mnesthes ftang!

(OOC: Isn't it Duisburg, not Drisburg?)
OOC: Drisburg in Wowwiki, but yet again, it's Wowwiki.

-

The guards drag the prisoner away, as he struggles against his bonds. Thaumas and Phorcys are left together, silence reigning over the square after the Admiral's speech to Mnesthes.

"You were unwise to have made such a public performance of your summoning." Phorcys shrugs. A sigh escapes the old man, and he turns to leave. "It will take time, but know that the winds have carried your call. Just be careful, Thaumas, my son. You have summoned creatures but they will be wild upon arrival. They may wreak havoc. Prepare for their coming or Boralus will be overrun. I will take my leave. I must meditate."

The people in the square trickle away as fast as is possible, and twilight falls across Boralus. Fear is setting in like a cancer. Janus is coming. Has Mnesthes heard the prayer?
Whatever the case, the Lightists in Kul Tiras will now likely throw their lot in with the Admiral unless something is done to appease them.

---

Amani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
It was a summer night, the wind blowed through the forest trees surrounding the shrine while Gruc'jen informed his Warlord of the news coming from the North. The warlod looked down to the sky for a brief moment and then looked to his advisor.

''Its time, send the runners to the other tribes invite their chieftans for the Summertide festival in one week'' said with a grim voice

''All of them my master even the Whiterbark??'' Said Gruc'jen with a esceptic tone.

''Epecially them'' Replied

''But why I can't..'' Gruc'jen tried to finish his speech but was quickly interrupted by the Trollish Warlord

''The rumors say there is upheaval among the human and elven lands by seeing who comes we will know which chieftan is smart enough to see the oportunity... also tell the warriors to be prepared for battle if I need them just in case''

''As you wish mighty Warlord''
OOC: Excellent roleplaying there Zula. Like I told you, this is basically what I was envisioning for the thread. Not just dialogue but hopefully interaction and scene creation as well. I'd rather this thread be everyone's story rather than mine, so none of you hesitate to be creative and give me opportunities just as I give you opportunities. Speech responses alone are up to you, but they might bore you for all I know. Don't hesitate to control a few characters that are going to make obvious decisions. You don't need me to play your servant to tell you "Okay, I SHALL fetch you a glass of water as you commanded."
Let's write this together!

-

Jin'thek watched as Gruc'jen vanished into the forest. He was not delaying in performing his task. Gruc'jen had been the sage and oracle of the Amani for generations. He was reputed and rumoured to be the voice of the Loa in Zul'Aman. His diplomatic skills and wisdom were invaluable indeed.

Left to his own devices that night, Jin'thek was approached by one of his trappers, sweating and heaving heavily.
"Warlord! The Mosstusk trappers that invaded our territory are dead. Good for us, but the reasons why bode badly for the Amani! They were shot by arrows. Not ours. It could either by elven raiders or a rival tribe. But we might be in danger!"
Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 AM

Eternal

OOC: Let's just say Lord Admiral is kind of a performer, loves to be spectacular. Are we now waiting for end of turn or whatever?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 AM

Eternal

I'll stand as the king.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Dalaran (Javali, Kerrah's character)

It has been several months since Javali has deposed the Council of Six. He is now sole dictator of Dalaran, overseeing its territories.
However, the Kirin Mora, a rebel movement in favour of the Holy Light, has arisen under the leadership of one of the former admitted members of the Six, Grigori Dosantos.

It is morning as Javali surveys the city around him from the safety of the Violet Citadel.

Someone taps Javali's shoulder. He turns to face Archmage Franek Snowburn, of his loyalist magi.
"I am sorry to bother you, liege, but a mage has arrived at the gates wishing to speak with you. He says he has vital information for you; a proposition. I think he might be a defector from the Kirin Mora. What shall we do?"
"Have him give a wizard's oath that he does not intend to harm me. If he speaks truthfully, show him to me."

I next turn to spread the word into the city states surrounding Dalaran. Previously Dalaran has existed in a nice little peace with them, but now the time has come to harness the power of these lands for the greater good. I send diplomats to the leaders of all major cities and towns nearby and call for a political meeting to discuss our future and the possible dangers of the upcoming war.

[edit: I'm not reading other people's updates to keep myself in-character. Will there be a "happenings of the land" kind of thing going on?]

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.

Last edited by Kerrah; 04-26-2009 at 11:35 AM..
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
OOC: Let's just say Lord Admiral is kind of a performer, loves to be spectacular. Are we now waiting for end of turn or whatever?
OOC: Nah; you decide what Thaumas does next. I've set the stage for events. Maybe you'll want him to ride to Druisburg/Drisburg, maybe you will decide to make him run naked through the streets, or put some plan into action to comfort them. Who knows? Not I alone!
This is what I mean about making it everyone's game; I'm not making it that a long dialogue but rather everyone writing a story together.
See what Zula did there for example.

Xie, now that I've set the event for you, you may respond and write as your king.

I'll rename this thread to the Great War of Lordaeron RPG and I'll set major event updates to about one or two times a day for the record so that everyone has a chance to reply.

Also Kerrah, to your question, yes! Happenings of the land play a huge role, because this is, after all, a game about managing the country. When I tell people that their people are unhappy and torn by religious differences, it's probably a bad thing to ignore.

---

Dalaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
"Have him give a wizard's oath that he does not intend to harm me. If he speaks truthfully, show him to me."

I next turn to spread the word into the city states surrounding Dalaran. Previously Dalaran has existed in a nice little peace with them, but now the time has come to harness the power of these lands for the greater good. I send diplomats to the leaders of all major cities and towns nearby and call for a political meeting to discuss our future and the possible dangers of the upcoming war.

[edit: I'm not reading other people's updates to keep myself in-character. Will there be a "happenings of the land" kind of thing going on?]
Archmage Franek Snowburn nods at Javali and turns to carry out his orders, his trademark white curls disappearing behind the curtains of the Violet Citadel chief balcony. Javali is soon able to see a small host of riders galloping through the streets below from the magocracy's private stables. They ride off through the streets to deliver their messages to the townships.

Javali is not allowed any rest. Franek soon returns with the mage.
"He was not lying, Archmage Javali." Franek announces somberly, before taking his leave. The newcomer is wearing a simple brown cloak, and is middle-aged. He has a firm build and the manner of a noble, but he is no doubt a mage as well.
"My name is Ulyssan." he announces proudly. "I've ridden for several days, harried by Witch Hunters from the Church. I come to you because the Kirin Mora has gone down a road I do not approve of."

The man seems intent on saying his part.
"The sole remnant of the Council of Six has lost his dignity. He turns to revenge against you. In their clamour, the Kirin Mora incite the rabble and advocate the slaughter in the countryside. They have become puppets for the Archbishop in exchange for a chance to reclaim Dalaran. Ambermill feigns allegiance to you, Javali, but in truth it harbours Grigori Dosantos of the Kirin Mora. I come here to pledge myself to you. Perhaps your vision was, after all, a lot clearer than theirs."

Javali is left facing a man that was formerly his enemy, one of the magi who chose exile from Dalaran instead of allegiance to the new dictatorial rule. Uncertain times lie ahead. A meeting has been called for with the localities, but are they all firm of mind?

Either way it would be best to decide what next to do with this man, and to see what to do about the trouble with the witch hunts. If they are not stopped, people will die. If they are stopped, the Archbishop may excommunicate Dalaran.

Last edited by Timolas; 04-21-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Eternal

OOC: Okay, let me pretend some conversation with an advisor.

THAUMAS: May the gods of the sea be with you, Grand Vizier.
VIZIER: May them be with you too, my lord. What is your wish?
THAUMAS: You see... I've heard a lot about this new religion spreading around the folk. This... cult of Holy Light. They seem to become more and more dangerous as the time is going. I want to know everything about them. For the beginning... what kind of god do they worship?
VIZIER: Most of them do not worship any specific kind of god. They're more about philosophy, denying actual worship to the gods of old.
THAUMAS: They're denying existence of gods?
VIZIER: That's not the case. They acknowledge their existence, but refuse to worship them, as they say gods cannot help them in salvation, nor stand in their way to it. Thus, they do not worship neither deny our gods.
THAUMAS: How gods cannot help in salvation? Only by our pure devotion, we may reach afterlife by their side.
VIZIER: They do not share our beliefs in this. They seek something more than merely a place to rest their souls on eternal joy. They believe that by their devotion to the Light, they can unite with it in the afterlife and reach the state of perfect happiness.
THAUMAS: Well... I guess that's not so bad. So what's the problem with them?
VIZIER: Because it's a theory. In practice, they're hunting for "pagan" - as they call us - children and forcefully convert them to their faith, blocking them from their ancestral gods. In fact, they're enemies of the gods. Their true goal is to make people believe only in their... "Light".
THAUMAS: Look... I don't want to be... intolerant. I want to really see with someone important of their community and discuss some things. Give him my guarantee that he'll not be hurt in my court, whatever he'll say.
VIZIER: As you wish, my lord. I shall bring one before sunset.

OOC: I hope you meant something along those lines.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Amani

Jin'thek watched as Gruc'jen vanished into the forest. He was not delaying in performing his task. Gruc'jen had been the sage and oracle of the Amani for generations. He was reputed and rumoured to be the voice of the Loa in Zul'Aman. His diplomatic skills and wisdom were invaluable indeed.

Left to his own devices that night, Jin'thek was approached by one of his trappers, sweating and heaving heavily.
"Warlord! The Mosstusk trappers that invaded our territory are dead. Good for us, but the reasons why bode badly for the Amani! They were shot by arrows. Not ours. It could either by elven raiders or a rival tribe. But we might be in danger!"
''Arrows you say...... This stinks of treachery the Mosstusk may blame us for this incident'' Jin'thek said. the tone of anger of his voice was far from being subtle ''We can't allow the meeting to fail. Prepare the Shrine's defenses incase someone attacks''

''But Warlord are you leaving?''

''Indeed You will come with me and my best warriors to Maisara Hills, we will have to explain them what happened, we will take the bodies already blessed by our Priests, we will have to end this incident before it scalates, also send our best scouts to look for any tracks near were the Mosstuks were killed''.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 04-26-2009, 02:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Skirvar hastens into the Highthanes chamber.

"Ah, Skirvar I already awaited ye. Come near, me eyes ain't as good as they used to be."
The Highthane starts to cough stong but short.

"I have some good news my lord, but some bad too. We found a new darkiron deposit under Bael'lorn, or the "Northern Redridge Mountains" how the humans call it. This is the first time after the depletion of the local darkrion that we can build new magma channels for our forges.
Our alchemists and tinker also have made considerable advancements with the development of a chemical substance they call "blackpowder". It is highly unstable and bursts into stone-crushing flames if it is heated to much, but I am sure that it can be made controllable with the assistance of some Dalarani alchemists. I only need your authorization to send a diplomat to the Wizards.
"

"Ye may have it. Now, what are these news so terrible that you deem them bad to a dwarf who all but feels the embrace of death?"

"My lord, I spoke with the priests that tend to you and they fear that you are victim of a poison. They say neither the Light nor the paganic priests, or "heretics" how they call them can heal you from it. If you allow it I will take a last measure and personaly go on a diplomatic mission to the troll empire of Zul'Aman and bring on of their Witchdoctors to you."

"If ye think that it is for the best of our people I will allow it..."
*Cough, cough*

After this Skirvar uses a magical portal that leads to a dwarven outpost in the Hinterlands. There he sends a diplomat to Dalaran and starts his journey. On his black war-ram, only equiped with some rations and some ingots of the dwarves' finest metals and flanked by his friends and bodyguards the priest Jaril Bronzebeard and the scout Urel Wildhammer he rides towards the capital of all forest trolls...

[Edited a lil' bit x2]

Last edited by Wabbajack; 04-26-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM

OOC: Wabbajack, I'm impressed! I'll update for everyone tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM

Arch-Druid

[Thanks^^ I added a lil' bit into the last "black"-part]
Closed Thread

Tags
collaboration, creative