Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Old 05-12-2016, 06:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
My daughter is due on November 7. You guys think she'll arrive earlier if I end up raging over what is or isn't announced at Blizzcon?
Grats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Speaking of Blizzcon, does anyone here do a meetup for the site or anything like that?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Speaking of Blizzcon, does anyone here do a meetup for the site or anything like that?
I'm not interested going to Blizzcon myself, but if enough SoLers of my acquaintance want to do a pre- or post-even get-together, I should be able to make an appearance. I live pretty close.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Bumpy.

This Blizzcon will be quite interesting, since it will make clear who's currently in charge in the respective projects.

The current departure of many of the old guard is quite irritating, but then again.. (quote from somebody at MMO-C: )

Quote:
Not so long ago someone (think it was Ghostcrawler?) talked about how Blizzard was impossible to advance through because many of the old dogs have been there for 10+ years and weren't going anywhere. This might be a good thing if it brings new blood and new ideas up the ranks for once, but hard to say at this point if there will be any effect at all, bad or good.
Time will tell....
Old 09-21-2016, 02:40 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I'm not interested going to Blizzcon myself, but if enough SoLers of my acquaintance want to do a pre- or post-even get-together, I should be able to make an appearance. I live pretty close.
Just come to the Hilton party after each day of Blizzcon and hang out. It can be loud but I usually peel off with my friends and one or two of my old blizz coworkers and we have drinks somewhere on the second floor.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:05 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Just come to the Hilton party after each day of Blizzcon and hang out. It can be loud but I usually peel off with my friends and one or two of my old blizz coworkers and we have drinks somewhere on the second floor.
Is the thing about getting 200$ if a SoLer punches you in the face still current?

Gotta find arguments to convince Hlaalu.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Is the thing about getting 200$ if a SoLer punches you in the face still current?

Gotta find arguments to convince Hlaalu.
If you can land a hit.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
That's basically what I do. Usually end up at the Hilton each night Wed,Thur,Fri and Sat. Lotta people but plenty of places to go and talk also meeting new people and randomly talking to em. Did that last year bcause some guy thought I looked like a streamer
Old 09-21-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
That's basically what I do. Usually end up at the Hilton each night Wed,Thur,Fri and Sat. Lotta people but plenty of places to go and talk also meeting new people and randomly talking to em. Did that last year bcause some guy thought I looked like a streamer
Honestly if I gained like 5 more pounds and shaved my mustache everyone would think I'm Jontron.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. Do I just show up? Is there a password? Do I say I know you?

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-21-2016, 01:09 PM

Arch-Druid

Im going with my GF this year and shes like "Oh my family lives in LA, we should meet them for dinner, we can do Wednesday or Thursday" Im like "No.."
Feel a bit selfish for saying that but this is my usual vacation for the year and I invited her as a guest, probably shouldnt have asked her lol
Old 09-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Sounds like a plan. Do I just show up? Is there a password? Do I say I know you?
The hilton party is open to all. It's literally just blizzard pans packing the (rather large) lobby of the Anaheim Hilton and drinking at the bar. Lots of people show up who don't go to Blizzcon.

If you want PM me for my cell number.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Im going with my GF this year and shes like "Oh my family lives in LA, we should meet them for dinner, we can do Wednesday or Thursday" Im like "No.."
Feel a bit selfish for saying that but this is my usual vacation for the year and I invited her as a guest, probably shouldnt have asked her lol
Explain to her why.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Explain to her why.
Lots of raunchy sex goes on at Blizzcon. Cosplay girls have notoriously low self esteem.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Lots of raunchy sex goes on at Blizzcon. Cosplay girls have notoriously low self esteem.
I mean, unless that's the hope, I don't think him telling his girlfriend he's after the raunchy sex is the best option.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I mean, unless that's the hope, I don't think him telling his girlfriend he's after the raunchy sex is the best option.
Haha well as much fun as that would be, I told her what to expect at the convention and if she's tired and needs to rest,or wants to go back to the room or whatever she can do so but I'm going to do my own thing. I explained it's only 2 days and there's a lot to do and see so I'm usually in go mode and only sit for panels and to play
Old 09-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
So all theses Sylvanasers... By the Light!
Old 09-21-2016, 03:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
So all theses Sylvanasers... By the Light!
they usually go to kosak's office.

and once again, i miss the dream of blizzcon because its on the other side of the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
they usually go to kosak's office.

and once again, i miss the dream of blizzcon because its on the other side of the planet.
Blizzcon is in New Zealand?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:09 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

I've known a few people who have been to the Hilton parties and have all said great things about them. Unfortunately for me I won't be going to this year's and next year's isn't looking so great either. Maybe the year after that!
Old 09-21-2016, 05:01 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 02:55 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

So is it me, or is this suspicious?
http://gear.blizzard.com/blizzcon-20...ms-of-evil-tee

Diablo III: Realms of Evil Tee

I may be reading too much into this, but that kinda reads like an expansion title, doesn't it? It's also weirdly missing a women's size option, like maybe it was put up by mistake? All the other shirts are either very generic names ("WarCraft tee", "Starcraft Tee", etc) or describing the contents of the shirt ("World of Warcraft Mrrrgl Murloc Tee", etc). Just, the way it's labeled seems suspicious to me, when "Realms of Evil" doesn't refer to anything specifically like say, a recent patch or season and the image is mostly a generic type logo (no "realms" really depicted)

Either way, two diablo shirts in one Blizzcon where last year you would barely know Diablo was a Blizzard franchise with how little attention was dedicated to it, I'm assuming we are getting a second expansion announcement.

Last edited by Warlock; 10-12-2016 at 03:00 PM..
Old 10-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
So is it me, or is this suspicious?
http://gear.blizzard.com/blizzcon-20...ms-of-evil-tee

Diablo III: Realms of Evil Tee

I may be reading too much into this, but that kinda reads like an expansion title, doesn't it? It's also weirdly missing a women's size option, like maybe it was put up by mistake? All the other shirts are either very generic names ("WarCraft tee", "Starcraft Tee", etc) or describing the contents of the shirt ("World of Warcraft Mrrrgl Murloc Tee", etc). Just, the way it's labeled seems suspicious to me, when "Realms of Evil" doesn't refer to anything specifically like say, a recent patch or season and the image is mostly a generic type logo (no "realms" really depicted)

Either way, two diablo shirts in one Blizzcon where last year you would barely know Diablo was a Blizzard franchise with how little attention was dedicated to it, I'm assuming we are getting a second expansion announcement.
noice
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 AM

Demon Hunter

With all the clues we've been given + the fact that it's also Diablo's 20th anniversary we could already safely assume there would be a game reveal at Blizzcon.
What this seems to confirm is that it's a D3 expansion.

I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for a new game in the franchise. I'm not sure I like Diablo 3's current gameplay direction.
There can be way too much power difference between two characters of the same level. A Difference that is not based on the player's skill.
That's a problem when I can't play the game with a friend who spends 2h per day on the game when I only play it 2h per week. Well nothing really stops me to play with him, but following loot trails and being totally useless against monsters gets boring quite fast.
And yeah I've tried following the "meta" and use viable builds, but I really don't think that's what Diablo should be.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagren View Post
With all the clues we've been given + the fact that it's also Diablo's 20th anniversary we could already safely assume there would be a game reveal at Blizzcon.
What this seems to confirm is that it's a D3 expansion.

I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for a new game in the franchise. I'm not sure I like Diablo 3's current gameplay direction.
There can be way too much power difference between two characters of the same level. A Difference that is not based on the player's skill.
That's a problem when I can't play the game with a friend who spends 2h per day on the game when I only play it 2h per week. Well nothing really stops me to play with him, but following loot trails and being totally useless against monsters gets boring quite fast.
And yeah I've tried following the "meta" and use viable builds, but I really don't think that's what Diablo should be.
Overwatch is a new game

Tags
blizzcon, blizzcon 2016