Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-20-2007, 05:55 AM

Huntress

They said they would add the Ravasaur mount some day, but they still haven't. They've removed the Ravasaur trainer in the South-East though, the one in the North-West I don't know yet.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:14 AM

Loremaster

The things I did when I got my BC Collector's Edition yesterday.

1. Created my blood elf paladin, named Kenzuki. I had ALOT of fun with him infact. The blood elf started area is soooo awesome. It has alot of atmosphere, it really makes me sad to see how you have to kill your former allies (treants, mana wyrms, lynxs) because they've gone wild. It made me feel guilty to kill Old Whitebark only to bring the necklace he dropped back to the blood elf lady who sent me to kill treants. Come to find out Whitebark was an old friend of hers who helped rebuild her village, she was the one who gave him the medallion. She cried.....made me feel bad. I then had to go burry the thing out by the runestone which his spirit spawned this time, and I had to kick his bark once again. He said something like "What's the use anymore? I've failed my people. Perhaps one day when the elves are gone, a new tree will sprout up amongst the ashes of dead treants." or something. Needless to say I rped it up a little bit by screaming "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!" and emoting *Kenzuki mourns the passing of Old Whitebark*

I got some good reactions, mixed from "all humans must die" to "let's forgive the orcs they were possessed!" I played it in between. My elf's late wife was human so he can't bring himself to hate them, he does resent them, however, for "abandoning" them. He's also very sad about the whole Light thing. While he can wield the Light, force it to do his bidding, it won't talk to him anymore. Now for a once devout paladin, this is worse than hell as you can imagine. Anyways, I got him to level 11 yesterday.

2 I got my draenei shaman to level 6, the starting area for them is COOL. Not much to say about that right now though.

3. Took my level 60 hunter to Outland and played around in Hellfire with another hunter.

My lord that place is so huge! The music reminds me of Starcraft for some reason! I got scared out of my wits when the ground began to shake and the fel reaver came over the hill. Thank god for epic mounts! I haven't done any BC instances yet but perhaps later I shall. Until then, see you guys in Outland!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:23 PM

Eternal

So.... they go to all the trouble of making a unique model for Kargath, and don't give him an eyepatch?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:08 PM

Loremaster

Kargath has NOT been added yet. The unique model everyone mentioned before that everyone assumed was Kargath, was actually another boss used in Hellfire Citadel Ramparts, named Gornagol or something similar, he is the first boss.

As far as I know, Kargath has not been added yet, if someone can prove me wrong I would love to see a picture.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx
Kargath has NOT been added yet. The unique model everyone mentioned before that everyone assumed was Kargath, was actually another boss used in Hellfire Citadel Ramparts, named Gornagol or something similar, he is the first boss.

As far as I know, Kargath has not been added yet, if someone can prove me wrong I would love to see a picture.
Gargolmar has bright orange armour. Kargath has dull green. Those are two different models, and the dull green is labelled "Kargath" in the model editor, whereas the other is "Felorcboss."

The Shattered Halls are accessible.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:50 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Halls are open, it's just no one has the key because of the insane low droprate for the mold.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim
Gargolmar has bright orange armour. Kargath has dull green. Those are two different models, and the dull green is labelled "Kargath" in the model editor, whereas the other is "Felorcboss."

The Shattered Halls are accessible.
Well I stand corrected, I never noticed the model name but I just saw it in the model Veiwer.

Kargath without his sideburns and his eyepatch looks stupid and generic.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, tell me about it.

At least we have handclaw!
<==
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx
Kargath without his sideburns and his eyepatch looks stupid and generic.
Believe it, like Neph said, he´s just like Galgomar in diferent armor, he also has 2 blades and no hands and looks kinda stupid.

Overall they did a very poor job on him.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 AM

Eternal

How hard would it be to throw on an eyepatch?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
How hard would it be to throw on an eyepatch?
As hard as putting a fish in your ear and trying to understand every language in the universe.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Eternal

Looked pretty easy to me.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Loremaster

The issue is that Kargath is a "Creature" model, and thus they can't add unique armor to him. Even the Felorc model in the "Character" section does not allow them to wear helmets and instead only armor, so they use a red NPC characters skin on the normal orcs whenever they need to add hats or faciel hair, just look at the Warlocks and Engineers in Hellfire Citidel. Frankly, I wish they did that for Kargath and just equiped him with the Bladefist and the skull eyepatch worn by Jorin, give him some sideburns and throw him in some cool looking armor and he would be fine.

I would like to see him like this if I had to see him at all.

A few last things I wanted to add that I found interesting in Burning Crusade, to try and get this more on topic.

A Darkspear Troll is trapped in a cage, poisened, on the eastern side of Eversong Woods, captured by the Amani Trolls. He mentions that the leaders of that specific sect of Amani Trolls destroyed his village. I am actually curious how such came to pass, where was this Darkspear Village in Eversong?

The Tranquillian is the first area that the Apothocary Quest NPC actually SAYS he is using his research to help the RAS make a "cure" to the Forsaken condition, rather then more obviously making plagues talked about by the other Apothocaries.

Kael'thas has turned into a weapon of mass destruction designer or something. All quests that seem to be involving his Blood Elves often involve weird weapons. The first one you face is in Hellfire, where a giant red rock is transforming gentle mountain giants into insane monsters of destruction. Later on in Terokkar Forest, a Broken uses a new device designed by Kael to kill an entire Cenarion Circle outpost in a giant radiation blast. Talk about evil little monster.

Last edited by ScytheRexx; 01-22-2007 at 05:02 PM..
Old 01-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Eternal

I realize he's not an equippable model, not equippable by us, anyway, but Blizzard MADE that model, and I don't see why they couldn't throw on an eyepatch. The scythe-hand would take some work, I realize, but an eyepatch? Cake.

The "Looked pretty easy" remark was in reference to the babel fish.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:31 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I'm 70 mind slaves.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
I'm 70 mind slaves.
Did you get your key to the shattared halls? If so, how?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:12 PM

Eternal

The mold for the key drops off Smith Gorlunk on the ramparts of the Black Temple. The mold prompts a quest leading to the Hellfire Peninsula base of your faction, then a modest (comparably - this is not Naxxramas attunement) supply run.

Then, you have to kill the Fel Reaver which wanders all over Hellfire and is quickly becoming this year's Son of Arugal.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Quote:
The mold for the key drops off Smith Gorlunk on the ramparts of the Black Temple. The mold prompts a quest leading to the Hellfire Peninsula base of your faction, then a modest (comparably - this is not Naxxramas attunement) supply run.

Then, you have to kill the Fel Reaver which wanders all over Hellfire and is quickly becoming this year's Son of Arugal.
You said black temple? So in order to get that I have to go to Illidan Stonghold? When you said ramparts, did you mean the ones in HFC???
Old 01-26-2007, 07:23 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

There are ramparts OUTSIDE the Black Temple. And also level 72 Elite Drakanoids (WTF!) wander around that area so no go without a flying mount.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Worthiness of a double post!

Old Gods, ultimate excuse? or unfailable truth? YOU DECIDE!
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It might help if some information is given about that screenshot's background circumstances, and additionally Blizzard reuses models for different creatures fairly often. Just because there's a creature in Outlands that resembles C'Thun doesn't mean it's an Old God, no more than an Abyssal Lord who looks like a mountain giant is a mountain giant.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven
It might help if some information is given about that screenshot's background circumstances, and additionally Blizzard reuses models for different creatures fairly often. Just because there's a creature in Outlands that resembles C'Thun doesn't mean it's an Old God, no more than an Abyssal Lord who looks like a mountain giant is a mountain giant.
1: He was joking

2: Yeah, Blizzard is lazy as hell when it comes to make new models.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

To whom it concerns:

My first day in BC consisted of me logging in at Quel'Lithien, riding into the Blood elf starting areas and being the object of amusement to many level 4s. For some reason the whole noob population of Eversong attacked me at once and although that was amusing for awhile it got annoying. So I killed them all at once with an Explosive Trap or whatever the exact name is.

Yeah, I spent my first day of Burning Crusade ganking. And I'm a Night Elf. And I'm proud of it. And I know you shouldn't start sentences with and.

Anyway, made my blood elf priest and am in an amazing RP guild with Sp00ky, sharing a server with Kerrah's troll too. Thank you Kerrah for the SFK run.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to xlandhenry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
Worthiness of a double post!

What the hell is that..?