Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 01-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Hippogryph

Default An Elfs Journey

An Elfs journey
Epilogue
The elf was dresssed in robes as he looked over the remains of Quel'Thalas from his basecamp at the hills. The weather was calm but a small wind that rode past his torso, and the sun sent orange and purple rays upon his homeland as it downed in the west. He turned to the west and sharpend his eyes, faar away the cursed lands of his mother lew. He sat down by his tent and flickered up a small fire, he dragged up an arrow from the ground and put the egde of the arow into the fire. The arrow hovered within the fire, unharmed by the fire, he stood up and focused his remaining mana and cast a spell upon the arrow. The Arrow emitted a blue glow and were flicked out of the fire, the elfen man picked it up together with his bow, he placed the arrow between the string and the bow itself. He fired the arrow up to the sky and a huge glow came from the arrow itself, and a grand eagle flew out of the glow, it flew with the wind and went south, to the cursed lands of Lordaeron.

-I have resisted the lust for power, tho most of my fellow elfs of silvermoon have indeed succumbed to the lust. I, son of one of Silvermoons greater mages have to hide from my people like this, a pityfull being I am. I am a blood elf, renamed to honor the loss of my people and homeland, but I fear for the future, I fear we High elfs shall die at the hands of demons feeding of our souls, and it will all be to late to see what the lust do to us.
Yet, what I fear the most is that me friends and fellow elfs will turn on eacother, and me when there is no magic. It will be a slaughter, friends killing friends for whatever small amount of magic their body still posesses.
No, I must hide in the wilds as our ancestors did. An Archer of Silvermoon and apprentice mage, they shall never find me for they have forgotten their past, thrown it all away for the magic addiction. As we told the other species when they encountered us in war, I shall tell the blood elfs who face me in combat for whatever reason they may have. A real High elf is not to be taken lightly.

The robe dressed elf takes forth pen, ink and paper and then proceeds to write.

Another day, another night--
I am on a journey, to find my family and true members of the elfen race my heritage comes from. I shall find the botanists and druids of our heritage, and we shall rebuild our old kingdom. For magic is not something we need, the power we need to continue is found inside ourselfs and in the people around us. Love and friendship generates enough power and magic for any being to continue, sad that most my fellow elfs see it otherwise, they see only a lust for power.
One taste of that demonic energy and they will never go back and they will never again see the truth, for it is hidden from their sight. But it is my job as Ranger of the Silvermoon army to seek trough these lands for fellow elfs who are not affected by this lust for magic. They are not safe, either some other elfs may attempt to feed of their energies or they will get in contact with the demonic, and that means we have lost them forever. Tomorrow is shall meet again with my group, for now i shall rest.

I am Kehval Undh'Talah Son of Shari'fal Undh'Thalah. Or Shenaris Wisperlake as she is known to these undeads i seek.

(Chapter One

The Unexpected Ally

The sun rose from the east once again and a gentle wind stroke itself over his resting body causing him to wake up. He quietly rose from the ground and dressed up in his blue cloack and his woodland trousers, he poured water over the fireplace and covered it with a blanket of leaves. He continued with packing his items and the tent, he open a secret room below some bushes and shoved the camp gear into there, he knew he would return and bringing the tent with him was too much work. As he closed his store room a quite heavy wind picked up and almost blew him over, it was quite a fierce blow and resembled some kind of shockwave, but Kehval thought no more of it and moved towards the small path down the mountainside.

-That large gust of wind was not natural , he thought, I must be caucious, there may be evils waiting for magic to feed on.

He made his way down to the thicker area of the forest trough his mountain trail, the sun had begun to rise towards the sky and the forest were still dark of shadows cast by the trees. The forestground was grown thick by moss and tree roots, he had to move carefully so he would not slip on the moss or get caught in any roots. His woodland cape sweaped trough the forest as he ran down towards the lake, his elven grace were shown to its fullest, he was not merely running, it was a beautiful dance he performed trough the thick woodland. He had just danced over a few roots as he heard noices coming from his right, he stopped his running and gracefully tumbled down between the trees and into a safe position hidden behind a tree. He stood up and listend carefully, his elfen ears managed to hear these fading sounds clear enough to make ut what they were. These sounds were made by a single troll, but these sounds were not of rejoice nor anger but of pain. Kehval were disturbed by these noices and decided to check out the sounds origin.

-I should not move towards this troll, for all i know it could be a trap to catch nosy elfs like myselfs in, he thought as he slowly snuk his way towards the sounds. They got stronger and stronger, and he reached a opening in the woods, a small glade, he peaked trough the bushes and a ghasly sight unveiled itself to him. Two Blood elf warlocks stood over a troll witch doctor and were sucking up all his magic and life force, they laughed madly as they looked down on the troll, it twitched in
pain. Even the mere sight of this made Kehval sick and made him want to throw up, but he managed to controll himself as he focused on the troll in dire pains.

-The troll is in dire pains, I cannot watch him being slaughtered by two fellow elfs...yet, these elfs are clearly of demonic apperance and under dire magical addiction. They cannot be trusted, nor can the troll, they have been our enemies for thousands of years.

Kehval thought rappidly as he understood he was over one tough desicion. He made up his mind and started to move slowly towards the lake, he took up his bow and two arrows, turned around and tightend the bow, then let the arrows fly freely towards the two blood elfs. The sound of two elven arrows filled the air with an eerie silence for a second, they flew trough the heavily forested trail and out into the glade. A sound of pain and agony, it ended as sudden as it had begun, a small gust flew trough the forest causing leaf's to wander from theit tree to the ground. The silence filled the air as kevhal moved out into the glade to check on his arrows victims, the arrows had pierced their heart, kheval knew by the sight that they were both dead. He looked over to the troll, who were barely awake and had yet not senced kehval's precense. He picked up his arrows and went on the move once again – quite the noisy morning, he thought to himself as he wandered into the forest.

As he wandered further down to the lake the forest got thinner and moving rappid became much easier for him, as he danced downwards he felt a presence behind him, a dark figure, -it cannot not be the troll, all his power was drained. He threw himself to the side to dogde a dark dagger, as it hit a tree the tree itself was drained of power and died in an instant. Kehval was horrified by this destructional power, he tumbled up and ran for his life towards the lake, if he reached it in time he could be safe, if not he would probably end up as the tree. Kehval ran, he just ran for his life, dogding every ranged attack the dark figure would throw at him, his face lit up as the lake came in vision, he picked up his speed dramaticly.

His face felt the force of face meeting hard ground at high velocity, he tumbled down towards the lake, hitting every obstacle in the way. He awoke with a gasp, he lay on the sandy beach, he had fallen, he had tripped on a slippery root, and now his fate was sealed. The dark figure that had hunted him came out of the forest laughing at him, he tried to stand up and grab his sword, but he was too dizzy, and his vision was all blurred.

-Bwahahahahahaaa, Pitifull, pitifull indeed my good comrade, The dark figure stood next to him, smiling down at him. You think you could kill me with one single arrow? HaH! You merely shattered my armour.
The monster sat down on his feet and grabbed kehval's hair.
But my Brother was not so smart to summon his demonic armour, and your damn arrow killed him dead, dead as you will be in a moment.

Kehval just groaned, he could barely hear the demonic elf, nor see him, kehval tried to gather his sences, he closed his eyes for a few seconds and then looked up at the dark figure again. He was shocked to see one of the elfs he had killed with his arrows stand over him, covered in a demonic aura. Kehval tried to stand up, but the demonic elf kept him down on the ground.

-Want to fight? Haaha, i hope you will enjoy dying as much as i will enjoy apsorbing your magic and killing you, The elf yelled at kehval as he hurled him towards some old murloc huts.
kehval crashed into them and was covered in rotted fish intestines, and the horrible smell invaded his nostrils making his stomach uneasy. Kehval could feel that his anger grew. He grabbed his elfen bow and an arrow, then tightend the bow and let arrow after arrow fly trough the air making music before hitting his demonic oponent. The continously blows of arrows sent the elf flying backwards, Kehval then dropped his bow and picked up his demon slayer sword and charged towards his enemy.

-I think an introduction is in hand before we mercilessly kill eacother, the demon elf said as he calmly stood up and wiped some sand of his robe. He did a few movements with his hand and formed a magic gust who blew kehval back towards the old murloc huts, this time kehval landed on his feet and rappidly charged again.
-I am Verh'celas, warlock of Prince Kael's army, master on demonic armour and summoning, now who is this little rascal fighting me? Verh'celas sent kehval flying backwards with another wind gust.
Kehval lowerd his sword as he landed and spoke loudly – I am kehval Undh'Talah, archer of the High elfen Silvermoon army, murderer of demons. Now, lets stop this chitchat and let me send you back to the twisting neather where your demon lord will consume you.

Kehval charged towards the elf, he wispered some words and moved his fingers in a pattern. His blade started trembling rappidly causing a sound who could shatter bones when Kehval sliced with it in the empty air. Verh'celas once again attempted to form a magic force to throw kehval back, but this time he got disrupted by a boneshattering sound who made his concentration fail. A magical blow threw the warlock backwards, out of the sand who were whirled up by the explosion kehval emerged and threw himself towards the warlock, the sound of metal piercing flesh filled the air. Kehval stared upon the warlock, his sword had pierced his heart and the warlock lay there, dead. He pulled out his sword and wiped it clean with the warlocks robe.

He turned away from the warlock and wandered down to the lake, he pulled out a small stick from his pocket and hit the thin air around the lake. After a short while the stick hit something in the thin air, kehval smiled and focused his magic to the point where his stick had hit something, a boat appeared from the thin air. Kehval was about to climb onboard as he were thrown backwards back onto the beach.
The warlock stood towering above kehval in a gigantic form who reminded kehval of Troll berserkers, gigantic beasts with incredible strength. The unmistakeable stench of a magic addict hung in the air, and Kehval knew it was the blood elf, in his true demonic form. As the warlock came closer kehval felt an eerie pain spread trough his body, he got dizzy and his body started to become numb

-Bwahaha, can you Feel it? Can you feel your life Fading away?, the demon laughed manicaly. Oohahahaha! Yeees, Scream, satisfy my lust you lousy mortal, your life will do me a fine dinner.
Kehval struggled for his life, he fought to keep his spirit and powers within himself, the demon continued to laugh roaringly to the sky, the sun pierced kehval's eyes, he could barely see the great demon, but he certainly knew it was that elf. Kehval let out a cry of agony, just as the sound had left his lips the sun started to fade and a darkness surrounded them both, kehval was astonished by the great presence of the demon elf. The Demon stood eight feet tall, covered in bloodred spikes who has erupted from his skin, red markings was burt into his black giant body.
Kehval let off a grin ´Fool, your demon form will be revealed atlast, and you will be drained by other addicts, you have yet not seen what will become of the elfen race without a proper non demonic supply of magic, he whispered to the warlock.

A Spear came flying trough the air and was thrusted into the demons chest, the force of impact threw him backwards and into the lake. A troll came running out of the forest with a spear in both hands, he came over to Kehval and helped him up. Kehval was still shocked, but he could feel his powers returning as the demon was kocked down, he was amazed that a troll had helped him from certain death, yet as he had wonky vision he could not see the troll clearly.
´Dis be bad vodoo mon, da ages o confilct forbid me'h to elp yo live'h, b´ut wat ya did to me bak der, now be redy for a fight li'l elf cuse dis may kil us both, now shape up an figt'h for ya life'h!´ The troll spoke rappidly as he helped kehval get steady.
´De spirits be wit'h us todey, dis beast be a disgrace to da vodoo spirits, an i shal kil it! Now follow ma leed elfie!´ The troll yelled back at kehval who stood trying to grasp what who just had happend.

The troll roared up at the sky and storm clouds began to gather, his eyes glowed in the darkness whom the clouds cast upon them, he stared at them with his empty bloodshot eyes. He looked around for his elven blade, as he had lost it when he got pulled back onto shore, then he noticed it standing out of the shallow water over by the demon who now were in a battle of roars with the troll.
´Grand Spirit's o da Darknes, Show ya self an 'elp me teach dis Demonic beast a lesson o pain'n'Death!´ The troll roared as many hundreds of lightnings stroke into the troll's hand whom he had pointed at the sky with his staff. Smoke covered the area where the troll stood, or once stood as Kehval guessed. ´No man can withstand the force of such natural powers,´ he thought as he tried to get up after the shock had blown him down at the ground again. He reached for his arrow and bow who lay on the ground not far from him, just a couple of hand lengths to crawl, the few hand lengths seemed like never ending. Never had his heart pumped like this, never before had be been filled with this rage to kill a person, never since back then had he felt like this. He was angry, filled to the bursting point of pain, agony, anger and adrenaline, he rose from the ground and tumbled. Elegantly he rolled over the sand of the beach and grabbed his bow, put on the arrow tightend it and let it fly. As the silence of a arrow flying trough the wind reached his ears, the sound of enchanted words left his lips, he dropped his bow and speeded towards the demon who was now beating the troll up, this was a mighty troll, but not mighty enough for a demon who had just fed on the spirit of a true elf.

The arrow caused a mighty explosion sending both the troll and the demon flying in the same direction, the troll ducked for the demon who flew over his head, and then crashed into at the ground. Trough the smoke and sand whirlved up came Kehval causing his enchanted sword to sing once again, a high pitched screeching noise filt the air once again as he jumped up high and aimed his sword for the demon's red head who in a moment would be even redder. A sound of piercing flesh filled the air as kehvals sword sunk into his enemies head. Kehval focused his mind once again and put his hand onto the head of the demon ´Rest in pieces´. Kehval jumped of the demon, revealing a glowing sign on the demonic elf's head where kehval's hand had been a second before, kehval ran for his life away from the demon leaving his singing sword in the skull of the soon dead demon.

A great blast came from the head, red flesh and bits of head flew in all directions from the smoke of the blast. Kehval's blade flew out of the smoke up into the air and landed softly in the sand. As the smoke slowly vanish it revealed a brutally decapitated demon. Kehval smiled at his accomplishment and assured him that this time the elf warlock would not return. He limbed over to his blade, picked it up and sheeted it, then looked around for the troll who had crossed the age old barrier of war and saved him.
Kehval looked over at the place where the wrecked murloc hut's lay, and upon them lay the troll, silent. Kehval moved over to the troll and dragged him carefully off the mound of broken wood, gently kehval put the troll into the boat and shoved it off shore. His wound's hurt, and his head hurt even more, but he could not lay down to sleep new, he had to make it in time.

fixed atm

Last edited by Razofgal; 01-09-2008 at 01:37 PM..
Old 01-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Hippogryph

First chapter of an ongoing story, this first chapter was written about a year ago. I went trough it today, updated, fixed some logical mistakes, typo's and added the little text at the end.

fixed atm
Old 01-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Oh yeah! A cool one!

I must translate my fan fics when I have time, they're a sort of retcon retconning chapters with a lot of hints and new ideas for Warcraft universe.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

I'll read it some other day.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Nicely done Ra; I see you support high elves to at least a certain degree.
Could use with a few grammatical corrections but no worries. I'd change a few words around as well; the troll could call the warlock something else instead of a moron if you know what I mean.
I liked your inclusion of that troll as well. It's not often I like trolls but this one appealed.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Hippogryph

Thumbs up

Thanks and I'm glad you liked the first chapter of the tale.
I changed the word moron into beast, it fit much better thanks for noticing it , and about the grammar ones, I will fix them when i have more time on my hands.

Oh? glad you liked my troll, may I ask what part of him appealed? since I wrote it about a year ago, so if I just write the troll might change, just give me some directions of how he appealed and I shall see what I can do to keep him intact.

fixed atm
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

He was charismatic; he chose to help the main character despite his race and it was believeable since his life had been saved. The troll was powerful, but not overpowered since he fell in the end. I hate characters that are just overpowered, but the troll was nicely done.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
He was charismatic; he chose to help the main character despite his race and it was believeable since his life had been saved. The troll was powerful, but not overpowered since he fell in the end. I hate characters that are just overpowered, but the troll was nicely done.
alright, its noted. And thanks
The second chapter will be a lot of reminiscing of the past from both kehval and the troll, not as action packed as the first. But, what else are they're gonna do on their little sea voyage

fixed atm