Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Slowpokeking

Default Spoiler: Stormrage

I finished the book. Plesase forgive the name spelling

The brief plot

Borll and Tyrande both worreid about Furion but Fandralwent to , they met a guy called Lucan. This human was born in the Emerald Dream. So he regonized Erankius.
Thura, a orc was tricked by Furion to kill him, so Furion could get axe.
They found Erankius, freed but so sad about his corruption, disgused as a black dragon. But agree to help those three.
They rescued Furion with the help from the Green Dragons. But Xavius took Yesera by a simple trick, that's his true goal. He grew much much more powerful, even able to counter Elune's power and break down two worlds.
After Furion was rescued, then he returned to Terdassil, fought the crazed Fandral, cleaned the tree with the help of Lifebinder. Dreamformed army, yes. Then he went back to rescue Tyrande. They saved Yesera with the sacrifice of Erankius. Xavius was still too powerful, seems like all is lost then Furion went to superman, casted a storm, cleansed both realms with Tyrande's help. With Thura's axe's help. He kicked Xavius' ass the third time.
Yes Furion and Tyrande were married at the end.

------------------------
I love the beginning, it all went so nice till Furion's rescue. Knaak should not reveal Xavius too early(Didn't say him but the hints are too obivious). But it went much worse after that, both the characters and the plot The rest of the story is fillled with capture and rescue, too many times, especially with Tyrande. The end is terrible, Too Supermanish, all those Dream Army didn't take much effort, at leas much less than what they should take. Even if Knaak, you want to let Furion be a superhero, you should work on his mind, like WotA and Hyjal rather than let Xavius control everything and let Furion go Superman(More than Superman) at the end. Knaak should let the Dream Army work more.

Characters.

Broll, aren't so good.

Furion, Mr. Superman.

Fandral, I was expecting to see his character development. But the novel only made him a psycho. I resemble him with High Lord Mograine because they both loved their son so much because their mate's death. Both of their love are used by evil and caused tragedy. His last words in the Shifting Sands are pretty touching. I never blamed his behavior but I don't like him because as a man and a leader, he should think about more than his son.

Tyrande, I said look at her character development is one of the most important reasonI bought this book. She's my favorite female character she's kind but also very passionate even savage against the intruders, even killed the wardens to free Illidan. I like Sylvanas, too but I think Sylvanas is a little bit too ideal compare to the WC3 Tyrande. The first few chapters showed her struggle about not comfortable being a leader, questioned about her love of Furion since he always left her. worrying about being someone like Azshara, also sad about making Feathermoon a zealous warmachine of her(She took her as her daughter). Well that's not the WC3 Tyrande but still, good. I can accept it, while a little bit too nice. After those chapters, she just went Paragon pretty much like her mate, all she did was kill shadow figures, got captured and call Elune again and again. That's also sad.

Well that's it, feel free to ask questions.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 PM

Eternal

How is Feathermoon a zealous warmachine? What was the wedding like? Who was there? Did Broll do anything in the novel? Why is Tyrande questioning herself about her leadership and comparing herself to Azshara? Go Answers go. Lastly is it worth buying?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Slowpokeking

Because she's so loyal to Tyrande, take her words as order forever and willing to strike any of her enemy.
Broll got a part on almost everything, take him as the new Rhonin.
Tyrande was never intended to be the high priestess and ruler of the night elves. She made so many changes, thought her decision might not be all right, might harm other livings. Compare to Azshara, well, power can corrupt people easily.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Because she's so loyal to Tyrande, take her words as order forever and willing to strike any of her enemy.
Broll got a part on almost everything, take him as the new Rhonin.
Tyrande was never intended to be the high priestess and ruler of the night elves. She made so many changes, thought her decision might not be all right, might harm other livings. Compare to Azshara, well, power can corrupt people easily.
Tyrande didn't think she was ready, but she was chosen by her superior. It was "intended". During time of war, people do have to fill in the missing ranks unless somehow they are invulnerable.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Tyrande didn't think she was ready, but she was chosen by her superior. It was "intended". During time of war, people do have to fill in the missing ranks unless somehow they are invulnerable.
Honestly I like that WC3 Tyrande better, a strong leader but with kind heart, willing to help. This Tyrande is mostly base on WotA, a little bit too kind and too ideal.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Eternal

I wonder who she's afraid she might harm. The orcs?
Feathermoon sounds like she'll a future warcraft hero. Someone who isn't afraid to take it to the enemy. She'll be like Varian with boobs. And Jarod Shadowsong if they bring him back can be her Jaina. Which is good when they need to replace Varian since I have a feeling that Anduin won't be the warrior in the battlefield that his father was.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Honestly I like that WC3 Tyrande better, a strong leader but with kind heart, willing to help. This Tyrande is mostly base on WotA.
Didn't Tyrande forcibly break out Illidian and kill some fellow night elves in Warcraft III?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Slowpokeking

She thought Elune loves all living creatures.

Quote:
Didn't Tyrande forcibly break out Illidian and kill some fellow night elves in Warcraft III?
Yeah, but didn't see this kind of element in WOW and the novels.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
She thought Elune loves all living creatures.
Oh I see.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

So wait. You're disappointed that Tyrande follows the characterization of the WotA novels... in which she was a main character, and were written by Knaak?

That's like being angry at fire for being hot.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Slowpokeking

I'm not too disappointed about this, this Tyrande is also acceptable. I'm happy to see someone write something about her because she got almost nothing to do in WOW. I just won't take her as my favorite female character anymore. I said I like the first few chapters about her thoughts.
What I am disappointed about is the whole story, including Tyrande's plot went bizzare.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:18 PM

Elune

Blizzard

Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/...sneakpeek.html

It looks like Brox has more relatives.

I already found some words spelled wrong, unless they are "alternative" terms, both on the website and in those preview pages.

Last edited by Rolandius; 02-22-2010 at 10:23 PM..
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Slowpokeking

Thura was his niece.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
So wait. You're disappointed that Tyrande follows the characterization of the WotA novels... in which she was a main character, and were written by Knaak?

That's like being angry at fire for being hot.
I think you're being too charitable. Tyrande, just like everyone else, was a supporting character in WotA. The main characters were Rhonin, Krasus and Brox. In a story that was supposed to retell the War of the Ancients.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Thura was his niece.
Half-niece to be technical.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
I think you're being too charitable. Tyrande, just like everyone else, was a supporting character in WotA. The main characters were Rhonin, Krasus and Brox. In a story that was supposed to retell the War of the Ancients.
I disagree. Maybe Tyrande was a second fiddle, but Malfurion and Illidan were certainly prominent enough to be considered main characters.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Slowpokeking

The most disappointing character, from my pov is Fandral, nothing but a crazy druid, take a ugly shadow figure as his son. Talk about create a new world.

The WotA Tyrande was just a young nightelf girl. So I understand her act so differently than WC3.
But 10000 years passed, I think the WC3 Tyrande is better as a brave and a little bit savage leader. About the Stormrage novel one, I agree to put some struggle on her, some of them are very good so I can accept them even she's not as good as the WC3 Tyrande. But later Knaak didn't do a good job on building her character, all she did is calling her goddess, fight satyrs, got captured over and over again, too pale and ideal, pretty much like many female characters in Knaak's other novels.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Druid of the Talon

Does Staghelm survive the final battle?

If he does not that could mean a change to Darnassus NPC's in Cata

If he does then lets hope he becomes a little more cordial in Cata
Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis
Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVaksghn View Post
Does Staghelm survive the final battle?

If he does not that could mean a change to Darnassus NPC's in Cata

If he does then lets hope he becomes a little more cordial in Cata
Yes, he lives, he and a few druid followers were taken away to be held in the barrow dens.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:44 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
Yes, he lives, he and a few druid followers were taken away to be held in the barrow dens.
He's gonna be a raid boss, I'm sure of it!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Slowpokeking

One strange thing is: Cenarius' spirit did not show up or even been mentioned.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
One strange thing is: Cenarius' spirit did not show up or even been mentioned.
Cenarius is behind the Nightmare. Arghhh.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Slowpokeking

Overall, it's not the worst WOW novel, but the end is surely the worst I've ever seen, need a superman, no, super saiyan to end it. Seems like Knaak lost control in the middle of the story.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Overall, it's not the worst WOW novel, but the end is surely the worst I've ever seen, need a superman, no, super saiyan to end it. Seems like Knaak lost control in the middle of the story.
Did the ending have a Hadoken?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Did the ending have a Hadoken?
With Tyrande's help(Keep his mind clear) and other druids' help, he cleaned almost the whole world and the whole dream through a super storm then kicked Xavius' ass. Like the Spirit Bomb in the end of DBZ, defeated Buu.