Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   iZombie (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=216976)

Nazja 05-23-2015 02:35 AM

iZombie

Chucklebee's wish is my command. Say hello to the iZombie TV-series and comics discussion thread!

So... Who watches this series?

Dithon1 05-23-2015 02:44 AM

Never heard of it. I don't get TV.

What is it?

Ma Caque Attaque 05-23-2015 02:51 AM

I do! I do!

It's my new fav series. Got's the wit and charm and a series about zombies that I can actually watch.

Although it's fun to see Vancouver pretending to be Seattle.

What does everyone like about it? Or dislike about it?

Nazja 05-23-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dithon1 (Post 1309955)
Never heard of it. I don't get TV.

What is it?

Veronica Mars but with Veronica being an adult called Olivia "Liv" Moore, who happens to have been turned into a zombie. In other words, it's my co-favourite series, alongside Veronica Mars.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150504220324

C9H20 05-23-2015 06:05 AM

With respect to Naz it sounds like BS to me, riding on that zombie fad but making the zombie girl hot (of course) and minimizing the gross factor... it invalidates the primary point of zombie fiction and is just plain ridiculous.

Makes me wanna add a "sylvanas is so hot" tag :P

Nazja 05-27-2015 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C9H20 (Post 1310015)
With respect to Naz it sounds like BS to me, riding on that zombie fad but making the zombie girl hot (of course) and minimizing the gross factor... it invalidates the primary point of zombie fiction and is just plain ridiculous.

Makes me wanna add a "sylvanas is so hot" tag :P

To be honest, I started to watch it with the expectation that it would be crappy. I was pleasantly surprised.

Edit:
Geezer must be shooting dust. :P

Ma Caque Attaque 05-28-2015 10:00 AM

Finally watched the last episode. That whole thing was a mind trip.

I loved it. How much was real, and how much was a delusion... wow.

Nazja 05-28-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1312695)
Finally watched the last episode. That whole thing was a mind trip.

I loved it. How much was real, and how much was a delusion... wow.

In hindsight, her problems were solved too easily, so I should have expected that ending. That said, the part with our favourite Doctor should have been real, given that she wasn't around, but it seems even less credible.

Ma Caque Attaque 05-28-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1312700)
In hindsight, her problems were solved too easily, so I should have expected that ending. That said, the part with our favourite Doctor should have been real, given that she wasn't around, but it seems even less credible.

I thought that the CotW plot was the B plot in this one. It seemed to be more about what Blaine was doing and just how Major is dealing with all this once he finds out about the zombies.

As for what Ravi is up to, I think that it was real as well, but remember that it's a rat and even after being bit by it he didn't go zombie. I suspect that the next episode "Dead Rat, Live Rat, Brown Rat, White Rat" is going to answer some questions about if the rat is a dead end or a way forward.

Nazja 06-03-2015 04:53 AM

AssHats!

"I take it you're the ass hats."

:burst:

Edit:
How many episodes are left? At least one more, right? Right? They can't leave it at that. Things are happening!

Ma Caque Attaque 06-03-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1316198)
"I take it you're the ass hats."

:burst:

Edit:
How many episodes are left? At least one more, right? Right? They can't leave it at that. Things are happening!

Season finale next week. "Blaine's World"

That was my favorite episode of the season.

Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!

So many interesting things in that episode.... what's happening with the Asshats? What's going on with her brother? And everybody else?

Nazja 06-03-2015 10:37 AM

I think I liked the pregnancy episode more, but this was a close second.

Ma Caque Attaque 06-03-2015 10:50 AM

Having her go from cheerleader to stoner was so funny.

Plus it had Bex Taylor-Klaus and I really love her, just wished she was in more stuff. I really like her style.

But maybe next weeks episodes will take the top spot...

Ma Caque Attaque 06-04-2015 03:42 AM

Extended trailer for the season finale.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/03/izom...iler-released/

Ma Caque Attaque 06-09-2015 09:47 PM

Dat ending...

Dat ending...

Nazja 06-10-2015 03:31 AM

Major Lilywhite for president!

Ma Caque Attaque 06-10-2015 03:50 AM

I really liked that entire episode. Major turned into the Punisher. Blaine got his comeuppance in 48 hours, the Max Rager president unveiled his plan and it didn't involve making zombies on purpose. And Liv has a choice.

Can't wait for next season!

Nazja 06-10-2015 04:02 AM

The German version is funny.

I won't be able to listen to Der Kommissar without remembering Major being badasss.

Ma Caque Attaque 06-10-2015 04:06 AM

That song always cracks me up and it somehow just fit the scene.

"Walk away from this"

Did they play the english version or the german version dubbed?

Nazja 06-10-2015 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1320888)
That song always cracks me up and it somehow just fit the scene.

"Walk away from this"

Did they play the English version or the German version dubbed?

English version, I think. Not the second English version, though.

Ma Caque Attaque 06-10-2015 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1320891)
English version, I think. Not the second English version, though.

Do you think that Major and Peyton are going to team up and be badasses together?

And let us take a moment to remember Asshat. And the old saying, no honor amongst thieves.

Der Kommisar is one of those songs that I prefer in English, but other german songs like 99 luftballons, I prefer in german.

Nazja 06-10-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1320892)
Do you think that Major and Peyton are going to team up and be badasses together?

Probably, they're both human and not too happy with Liv, after all. He's probably gonna feel guilty about costing her the cure, though, so it's gonna be complicated. :P

Ma Caque Attaque 06-10-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1320900)
Probably, they're both human and not too happy with Liv, after all. He's probably gonna feel guilty about costing her the cure, though, so it's gonna be complicated. :P

I dunno, I don't think that she told him that the cure was a one time use only yet. So I think that he would still be mad with her, but will eventually come around... we still have all of those other zombies around and I wonder if Blaine will try to go back to his zombie status and rebuild?

Nazja 06-10-2015 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1320912)
I dunno, I don't think that she told him that the cure was a one time use only yet.

Yeah, that's a mid-season reveal.

I wonder when or if the other kinds of undead will show up. The comics have them, after all.

Ma Caque Attaque 06-10-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1320914)
Yeah, that's a mid-season reveal.

I wonder when or if the other kinds of undead will show up. The comics have them, after all.

Unless we have a plot where the good doctor tries to sneak into Max Rager and get more of the stuff he needs to make a cure. And you know that he would totally do it.

I think that they have said that they aren't going to go as supernatural as the comics do. They want to keep in more grounded, but did make a joke about the doctor playing a were-terrier in his WoW-clone.

But I would like to see Ellie in the series... but I don't know if they would go that far.