Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Diablo Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Guess What's Probably Getting Announced at Blizzcon (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=217193)

Warlock 08-10-2015 02:48 PM

Guess What's Probably Getting Announced at Blizzcon

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/10/912...ablo-is-coming

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/GJw...18.31_PM.0.png

Gee, wonder what this could be for?! I don't think anyone will guess what this "unannounced project" will be! :P

Veryyawn 08-10-2015 06:27 PM

As long as they stop using the "Lady Diablo" model with high heels, I'll be happy.

Omacron 08-10-2015 07:11 PM

I can't wait for the official licensed Diablo Pachinko machine!

spidey1980 08-11-2015 10:17 AM

Every Blizzcon needs at least one big announcement. LotV has been covered long ago. Overwatch Beta has been announced already. Legion is out of the bag.
That only leaves us with a new Diablo III expansion.

plus some stuff about the Warcraft movie, obviously....

Warlock 08-11-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1350372)
I can't wait for the official licensed Diablo Pachinko machine!

As long as it includes erotic violence :P

Shadowsong 08-15-2015 02:05 PM

Probably Council of Glades trademark that wasn't used yet as an expansion. Which brings the question of who the council is (prime/lesser evils released from the stone?) and where the glades are. Also what new class they would add, maybe druid?

Mutterscrawl 08-15-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowsong (Post 1352930)
Probably Council of Glades trademark that wasn't used yet as an expansion. Which brings the question of who the council is (prime/lesser evils released from the stone?) and where the glades are. Also what new class they would add, maybe druid?

Probably something with Scosglen or Entsteig.

Nazja 09-09-2015 06:54 PM

Do you think Blizzard will ever add a class that isn't human/nephalem? Considering how many races live in Sanctuary, shouldn't there be at least another race with the potential to be good? Of course, they'd probably be weaker, lorewise, so probably not a good choice.

Anyways, I want the next clas to be elegant and swift, like monks.

ARM3481 09-09-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1362467)
Do you think Blizzard will ever add a class that isn't human/nephalem? Considering how many races live in Sanctuary, shouldn't there be at least another race with the potential to be good? Of course, they'd probably be weaker, lorewise, so probably not a good choice.

It's actually kind of unclear how other races, or even animals on Sanctuary fit into the whole scheme of things. The raw power of the original Nephalem comes from being directly born from angels and demons, while humanity and the modern Nephalem hero(es) inherited that. But even the rest of Sanctuary is supposedly a result of combined angelic and demonic energies utilizing the Worldstone, since that mixing of forces seems to have allowed it to thrive and endure where worlds that each side created independently had quickly and predictably died. Theoretically there could be a similar, if less concentrated and potent "specialness" to the other species on Sanctuary with that of humanity and the Nephalem, as even they ultimately trace their origins to the balanced combination of angel and demon when Inarius and Lilith jointly used the Worldstone to create the planet.

Generally though, even notwithstanding the lack of Nephalem power, Sanctuary's non-human races do seem to be at an innate disadvantage beside even normal people, as they seem to usually fall into "furbolg" territory, being so highly corruptible that if there are demons near their homes the proximity alone is enough to drive the whole lot insane and make them rampage like wild animals.

Mutterscrawl 09-09-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARM3481 (Post 1362483)
where worlds that each side created independently had quickly and predictably died.

Generally though, even notwithstanding the lack of Nephalem power, Sanctuary's non-human races do seem to be at an innate disadvantage beside even normal people, as they seem to usually fall into "furbolg" territory, being so highly corruptible that if there are demons near their homes the proximity alone is enough to drive the whole lot insane and make them rampage like wild animals.

1. Do what now?

2. Ugh, I think this is more just blizzard overusing corruption and not really thinking of the implications, but sadly, with the Lacuni and Bogan and everything, this seems true.

Menel'dirion 09-09-2015 08:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if cat people came from more or less the same place as goat people.

On the other hand, Blizzard loves to recycle ideas. Perhaps they're Druids who got caught in a were-cat form who became feral. Druids will be next class btw.

Don't know what to tell you about pigmys.

ARM3481 09-09-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1362486)
1. Do what now?

Prior to the Worldstone's theft by Inarius and Lilith, it regularly traded hands between Heaven and Hell throughout the Eternal Conflict, and each time the side in possession would use the Worldstone to create worlds full of life that reflected its own nature.

Those worlds all withered and died because by being comprised of only good or only evil, they were inherently flawed and incomplete.

Mutterscrawl 09-09-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARM3481 (Post 1362488)
Prior to the Worldstone's theft by Inarius and Lilith, it regularly traded hands between Heaven and Hell throughout the Eternal Conflict, and each time the side in possession would use the Worldstone to create worlds full of life that reflected its own nature.

Those worlds all withered and died because by being comprised of only good or only evil, they were inherently flawed and incomplete.

Huh, that's interesting any idea where that was stated?

ARM3481 09-09-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1362492)
Huh, that's interesting any idea where that was stated?

Book of Cain.

Nazja 09-10-2015 02:22 AM

Those are some interesting thoughts, ARM3481. :)

This topic reminded me of something I've always wanted to ask, the Lacuni are the Diablo 2 cat people, right? Why are they seemingly less advanced now?

Omacron 09-10-2015 05:59 AM

We won't have a non-nephalem player class/race because so much of the VA work in the game refers to the player as "The Nephalem." Unless somehow, I guess, this new class was some other kind of creature that fooled everyone into thinking it was a nephalem.

Nazja 09-10-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1362593)
We won't have a non-nephalem player class/race because so much of the VA work in the game refers to the player as "The Nephalem." Unless somehow, I guess, this new class was some other kind of creature that fooled everyone into thinking it was a nephalem.

Good point.

Do former humans, like lacuni and khazra, count as nephalem? :P

Anyways, how likely is it that we're going to Skovos next, in your opinion?