Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Making of Illidan (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=914)

Warlock 09-01-2006 10:46 AM

The Making of Illidan

The people behind the Illidan Stormrage statue at the Blizzard booth of this year's e3, Games Conference, etc (basically anywhere Blizzard had a booth) have put up a page <A HREF="http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2526801&bl ogID=120538300&MyToken=a573da78-4b3a-49cf-bd17-e6ec627e7238">showing the process of creating the statue</a>. It's mostly a pictorial but it's pretty cool. There is also a new piece of artwork up at the top (first picture) which the statue was based off.

Vicious 09-01-2006 11:07 AM

Great piece of artwork, finally one that gives him justice.

Wulfang 09-01-2006 11:10 AM

I just wonder why newer artwork depicting Illidan makes him look like an evil soul-sucking demon. I think it's Blizzard's way of saying "I'm evil! So join with another 39 people and come kill me for epixx!"

Creative 09-01-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wulfang
I just wonder why newer artwork depicting Illidan makes him look like an evil soul-sucking demon. I think it's Blizzard's way of saying "I'm evil! So join with another 39 people and come kill me for epixx!"

24 people xD

Timolas 09-01-2006 11:13 AM

Time isn't making him more beautiful.
Great art!

<3 The Betrayer.

Vicious 09-01-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wulfang

This one doesn´t, that´s why i like it.

ScytheRexx 09-01-2006 12:23 PM

Illidan went insane! He looks insane, and thats all that matters in the new artwork.

Its really well down, both the artwork and the sculpture.

Kenzuki 09-01-2006 07:59 PM

Maybe because he IS an insane, evil-looking, soul sucking demon now? Get with the program people, the old Illidan that went all soft around Tyrande is gone, this is what you have left.

Without all that crap, he's become cool, though not as cool as Death Knight Arthas.

Kakwakas 09-01-2006 09:36 PM

I still think of Illidan and Arthas as equals in coolness, but Illidan needs a power boost to catch up.

Yuber8900 09-01-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzuli
Maybe because he IS an insane, evil-looking, soul sucking demon now? Get with the program people, the old Illidan that went all soft around Tyrande is gone, this is what you have left.

That is so why Tyrande is dead right now.

Tularis 09-02-2006 04:16 AM

Illidan needs to find the skull of sargares or kil`jaedan or something and consume that if he wants to catch up :P The race has already ended and Illidan was lagging around the middle bickering with his brother and inhaling the fart whiffs of Azshara.

Wulfang 09-02-2006 05:13 AM

He should have just absorbed the Eye of Sargeras instead of channeling his spell of destruction through it :rolleyes:

Tysar 09-02-2006 06:02 AM

I think he wanted to do that but said something like "that it's power is so great he would be unable to control it". That's why he used it as a one-time source to complete a spell which would destroy the Lich King and make Kil'Jaeden happy... and that would grant Illidan all the power he seeked.

Creative 09-02-2006 12:50 PM

Or would he? I think Kil'jaeden isnt the type to give people more power, not after the Lich King failure.
I think he would dispose of Illidan after he had suceeded, so he didnt risk of Illidan turning against him.

Tysar 09-02-2006 01:42 PM

If Illidan succeeded, Kil'Jaeden would be content to make Illidan his right hand, but he is no fool and he would know that Illidan still has feelings for Tyrande and he would have doubts if was ordered to attack the Night Elves... therefore, instead of just giving him a large power boost, he would give him power little by little and corrupt him, send him on missions to other besieged worlds to commit genocide and turn him into what he is now through different means... evil, soul sucking devastation machine.

Kenzuki 09-02-2006 02:46 PM

Illidan won't ever catch up to Arthas now, it's not possible. Arthas has become an Eternal, he's the closest thing to a god the series has. Also, Illidan said that Sargeras' power was "beyond him", and he could only try to use the Eye as a focus. Either way, he lacked Arthas' style. I mean come on, what lines does Illidan have that people remember.

"Why doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?" -Arthas.

Timolas 09-02-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzuki
Illidan won't ever catch up to Arthas now, it's not possible. Arthas has become an Eternal, he's the closest thing to a god the series has. Also, Illidan said that Sargeras' power was "beyond him", and he could only try to use the Eye as a focus. Either way, he lacked Arthas' style. I mean come on, what lines does Illidan have that people remember.

"Why doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?" -Arthas.

Illidan doesn't really need fancy lines to be remembered (neither does Arthas). Illidan has made his many impacts upon the world already.
To be honest Arthas' style is why I hate him. I don't dig his 'casual' style, which isn't my view of a villain. :P A darn shame the Lich King got ruined by his personality being dominant. Anyway, the changes have made Illidan cooler to me, and he was still cool to me before that.
Everyone simply exaggerates everything bad about him... I mean come on. Most of you make it seem like half his lines are him whining and moaning, and they are not.
As for catching up with Arthas, no, not really. He can't. Nothing much can, but Illidan is very powerful nonetheless. If Malfurion, Maiev, and ironically, Kael, didn't barge in and ruin that spell, the Lich King would be destroyed. The world would be screwed, but hell, that wasn't Illidan's concern.
My point is this; he nearly WTFpwned the Lich King twice. Who else can boast about that? He's been the Scouge's greatest threat besides the Burning Legion. He's done way more than loads of others have.

That is of course, imo. Just that if all of you are free to give yours I think I should be free to give mine as well I guess. :p

Yuber8900 09-02-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salomit
My point is this; he nearly WTFpwned the Lich King twice. Who else can boast about that?

Ahem,

Timolas 09-02-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mage
Ahem,

I said nearly, not did. xD

Kenzuki 09-02-2006 06:36 PM

Almost only counts in Horseshoes.

Clypso 09-02-2006 08:51 PM

And grenades.

Yuber8900 09-02-2006 10:38 PM

And many things that cause firey death.