Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Technical Issues Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=221328)

HalfElfDragon 11-04-2017 01:26 AM

The Technical Issues Thread

Take your complaints about lag and whatnot here. Because the Rules and Regs thread is not the place for it.

Anansi 11-04-2017 07:23 AM

Don't we already have this thread? I want to say Mr Crow started it.

TerrorhoofMayo 11-04-2017 12:08 PM

SoL loads super slow for me

Not sure where to post this but SoL has been loading very slow for me. Any solutions?

Nazja 11-04-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo (Post 1608989)
Not sure where to post this.

Here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo (Post 1608989)
SoL has been loading very slow for me. Any solutions?

"235 (30 members and 205 guests)"

That seems to be a bit more than SoL can handle, and it was slow even before BlizzCon...

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you personally can do to improve your loading times.

Slowpokeking 11-04-2017 01:56 PM

HED You are back?

Sonneillon 11-04-2017 09:07 PM

There was a time I’d have thrown a fair bit of money at this site, given its current state I have to reconsider. The lag is I feel is SOL death kneels. The writing quality is the specfic franchise this thrived on and more specifically the lack of intellectual speculation is decayed. I barely come here anymore and the qualify had been mired in the mud for the longest time. Dragged down by, even after all these years sad high school drama, the trollery and the endless conversations that pertain to little of what this community is for or it’s general purpose. I mean, this is a tough love moment but Blizzard games and more specifically their lore are barely discussed here anymore when it does bode well. As I’m typing this out I guess I’m coming to the conclusion that I’m finally done here. To those I was a playful jerk to, never really meant it, Slow in particular. The most toxic in the earlier years, glad their gone but the lead seeped into the soil. These days I realize Overwatch is my Blizzard jam and folks here just don’t share that passion. Be well, good luck and if things improve I look forward to talking to you all if stuff gets interesting again and the community matures past genetic edge lordery that can be found literally anywhere else. To the friendship made, see you on Battle.net.

This is Sonne, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

Cantus 11-05-2017 07:41 AM

Money isn't the issue, at least not as far as I've been made aware of. As always, it's man-power (one man cannot [re]build a mountain).

That said, Overwatch is definitely going to be part of the future of the site. Maybe not the super-hyped competitive thing (a la League of Legends team/player drama), but the gameplay, world, and scenarios most definitely.

Shekinah 11-05-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantus (Post 1609279)
Money isn't the issue, at least not as far as I've been made aware of. As always, it's man-power (one man cannot [re]build a mountain).

That said, Overwatch is definitely going to be part of the future of the site. Maybe not the super-hyped competitive thing (a la League of Legends team/player drama), but the gameplay, world, and scenarios most definitely.

Don't forget the characters!

TerrorhoofMayo 11-05-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1608993)
Here.

"235 (30 members and 205 guests)"

That seems to be a bit more than SoL can handle, and it was slow even before BlizzCon...

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you personally can do to improve your loading times.

I've been having the lag issue way before this recent Blizzcon.

Slowpokeking 11-05-2017 06:41 PM

Same here, this lag has started since the last host change.

Anansi 11-05-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowpokeking (Post 1609478)
Same here, this lag has started since the last host change.

There weren't exactly a lot of host changes, if I'm remembering properly.

Noitora 11-06-2017 03:49 AM

Yeah sure make a thread after I complain about shit

Slowpokeking 11-06-2017 12:13 PM

Seriously we need to fix this soon.

The new expansion got so many ppl back, solve this issue before they are driven off .

Nazja 11-06-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo (Post 1609371)
I've been having the lag issue way before this recent Blizzcon.

Ahh, I assumed that you meant the even worse than usual lag. Like Cantuse said, we currently simply don't have anyone available with enough time and/or know-how.

Bolvar 11-06-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1609672)
Ahh, I assumed that you meant the even worse than usual lag. Like Cantuse said, we currently simply don't have anyone available with enough time and/or know-how.

I'll ping Warlock on Twitter - he's really the only one who can do anything about this.

MisterCrow 11-11-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1608918)
Don't we already have this thread? I want to say Mr Crow started it.

Crow did start it, but it died out about a month ago.

I agree that having a centralized place to raise grievances about the site's performance should happen, and if HED wants it to be here, might as well.

Just as an aside, my load times to access the site this morning were 14s from typing in the address and an addition 10s to get the top level of the forum. Moving between individual forum threads, opening up posts from users on ignore, and replying to posts are also similarly time consuming.

I don't use any script blockers, I'm in the second-largest metro area in Arizona, and I don't generally have lag issues elsewhere. Performance on mobile is similar (and likely crappier because of my mobile provider).

So yes, let's continue talking about this problem.

Slowpokeking 11-11-2017 04:00 PM

We really need to fix this, before the new expansion's surge is over.

Shekinah 11-11-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1609701)
I'll ping Warlock on Twitter - he's really the only one who can do anything about this.

Any luck reaching Warlock? Please say yes if only to stop Slowpoke from bitching endlessly.

Bolvar 11-13-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shekinah (Post 1610753)
Any luck reaching Warlock? Please say yes if only to stop Slowpoke from bitching endlessly.

Nah. Sorry.

Khyrberos 11-14-2017 12:47 AM

Just chiming in here as elsewhere; I've nearly always had difficulty accessing the site (defined: excessive waits to navigate throughout the forums, post content, etc etc). Haven't specifically timed it as of yet, but it's definitely noticeable (mobile & desktop).

I too am in a reasonably urban area, and while I use Adblock Plus, I use that elsewhere as well.

Hoping to hear from Warlock.

Noitora 11-14-2017 03:51 PM

Wasn’t it said that one of the reasons for the lag is due to all of these old threads? Can we at least delete the 5+ year old ones?

MisterCrow 11-15-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1611027)
Wasn’t it said that one of the reasons for the lag is due to all of these old threads? Can we at least delete the 5+ year old ones?

I think this is a valuable discussion to have. If deleting or otherwise archiving ancient content is a way to improve performance, let's talk about that.

Leviathon 11-15-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCrow (Post 1611078)
I think this is a valuable discussion to have. If deleting or otherwise archiving ancient content is a way to improve performance, let's talk about that.

Well there is a solution for that. It's either go to a different host or pay for a better package.

MisterCrow 11-15-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1611081)
Well there is a solution for that. It's either go to a different host or pay for a better package.

All the more reason to get Warlock's input on this.

Reinhardt 11-21-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1611081)

Does someone else than Warlock know what the site is hosted on ?