Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

putino 05-05-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1118745)
:haste:The Old Ones have spoken. The next meeting of artists is coming. I didn't see any faces, but there was a great landscape full of giant spikes inhabited by sentient birds.:haste:

Oh, and why won't you post lore tidbits in the lore thread? -_-

Well... at least is something...

Just to know: did you heard something from your "Old Ones" about Garrisons? :D

Kiraser 05-05-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1118745)
:haste:The Old Ones have spoken. The next meeting of artists is coming. I didn't see any faces, but there was a great landscape full of giant spikes inhabited by sentient birds.:haste:

Oh, the date. Tomorrow at 19:00.

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1118756)
Well... at least is something...

Just to know: did you heard something from your "Old Ones" about Garrisons? :D

No, but there will be some Hearthstone activity tomorrow too.

Lord Grimtale 05-05-2014 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1118753)
Those assholes did nothing while level 90 PCs corpse camped my alts. Fuck them.

putino 05-05-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1118757)
Oh, the date. Tomorrow at 19:00.

No, but there will be some Hearthstone activity tomorrow too.

Well, it has been almost 2 weeks that Zarhym wrote on twitter that he has prepared the blog posts regarding the Garrisons. They're quite late with them, I think, and this bothers me: why? Not yet satisfied by the Garrison's design at this stage?

But if I need to be honest, they're quite late on the entire Alpha/Beta stuff. I would never expected that over a month after they announced that Alpha test was beginning, no actual invite has been sent out yet.

Simca on MMO-Champion has made a good point about this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simca
Well we know from the testing footage from the press events in March that Shadowmoon Valley was much farther along in the past than it is now, so they must have redone at least part of the zone. Frostfire Ridge has barely changed at all in the alpha builds, but Shadowmoon Valley has changed a lot - even the phrases they write in the terrain to say it is a WIP changed in each build.

I think it's likely they want to open Alliance and Horde 90-92 questing experiences at the same time, but only the Horde starting zone is ready right now. They also retooled Garrisons recently to be part of the core leveling experience when previously they were something that was done almost entirely at level 100. Add on top of that the changes to the file system and I think you have a good three-part reason as to why it didn't happen when it did.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26881017

Gurzog 05-05-2014 05:37 AM

They are probably starting the Garrison stuff this week, i think. Bash said they had alot information to show off these coming weeks

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 06:00 AM

the sky is not failing people jeez

Nazja 05-05-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirnheim (Post 1118766)
the sky is not failing people jeez

By Teutates, the sky has reached critical mass!

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 06:08 AM

falling, sorry - at work and sleepy

Yaskaleh 05-05-2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirnheim (Post 1118770)

I like your work, you can surf the internet while getting payed. When I'm at work I work all the time.

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1118771)
I like your work, you can surf the internet while getting payed. When I'm at work I work all the time.

working front desk at a hotel on a non busy day = free time, in between checkouts

sorry your highness

Nazja 05-05-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirnheim (Post 1118770)

http://physicsgg.files.wordpress.com...ing_sky_01.jpg

Gromak 05-05-2014 06:28 AM

Dat Warsong set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1118599)
Main thing to keep in mind is that they're mirroring everything on both factions. So if someone dies on one faction someone will die for the other faction.

So Ariok really is going to die? Or just someone in Frostfire?

I mean I was actually convinced that they wouldn't kill off one of the most promising fresh orc characters so casually...that would be just way too cruel and way too stupid to be true, especially after MoP. I was really sure that he would survive this, but now you have made me uncertain.

Gurzog 05-05-2014 06:32 AM

Yeah they are trading Ariok a somewhat interesting character for Velen who is really a nobody and a boring character with his "Praise the naaru, anduin you must become turalyon 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 alpha version"

RikuEru 05-05-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118774)

I liked your quote and its origin.
And then you took the worst example for that quote you could find, from the worst story.

Nazja 05-05-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1118779)
I liked your quote and its origin.
And then you took the worst example for that quote you could find, from the worst story.

Blame google. :P

Gromak 05-05-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118777)
Yeah they are trading Ariok a somewhat interesting character for Velen who is really a nobody and a boring character with his "Praise the naaru, anduin you must become turalyon 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 alpha version"

Well, we don't know yet who is going to die in Frostfire, but this whole "one alliance character dies, so one horde dies, too" seems really stupid, especially since a)this Velen isn't even our Velen; we've got two of those, so why killing a character we have only one of? b)this mirror rule sure as hell did not applie in MoP. Like someone earlier said, the initial Alliance Pandaria crew is still alive and kicking, while the Horde crew has only like 2 guys remaining.

Gurzog 05-05-2014 07:21 AM

no important character died in Frostfire.. except for Durotan and Ga'nars brother but he was enemy

Nazja 05-05-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Not all of these sets are rigged for all races, so they may never be available. we hear mogger desire, though.

Well, that's something.

Gromak 05-05-2014 07:23 AM

Didn't Leviathon say that a Horde character dies in Frostfire because Velen died in Shadowmoon?:confused:

Nazja 05-05-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1118793)
Didn't Leviathon say that a Horde character dies in Frostfire because Velen died in Shadowmoon?:confused:

I think that was just an example of how things usually work out, which might not have been the best example he could've given. (Or he knows secrets, like usual. :P)

Korath 05-05-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARM3481 (Post 1118591)
Just because explosives and machinery ares their racial "flavor" doesn't mean they don't trade in a wide range of other things. Exotic goods, bulk commodities; having established trade ports on the major continents (and it's always possible that they've canonically got interests in Northrend and Pandaria by now) as well as access to a broad range of marketplaces would make them a potentially valuable trade partner for both factions.

Additionally, not being aligned with either faction means they can provide competitive shipping costs for their goods because they don't have to deal with military vessels from one side or the other routinely attacking their ships and caravans on sight.

There's no such thing as "all the industry they need". If the Steamwheedle goblins can bring in crates of something at 70% the final cost of having the dwarves make it, then it becomes worthwhile to trade with the goblins. Plus being able to purchase ready-made goods has its benefits over having to fabricate everything you need, when you need it.

Plus some black market for both Factions : if the Horde produce something that the Alliance is lacking, it won't sell it to the Alliance; but maybe the Goblins will acquire it in exchange of something asked by the Horde, and will the sell it to the Alliance, and the reverse is true. Basically, the Steamwheedle has connections everywhere, none of its leaders would be willing to throw it away.

Arakiba 05-05-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1118793)

Unless things have changed, isn't he talking about Drek'thar giving his life to save the Fury? Unless it was that Drek'thar is alive but the Fury is within him, but I thought it was him giving his life. Either way, it is similar to how Velen gives his life to change that Void Goddess into K'ara in SMV.

Korath 05-05-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118768)
By Teutates, the sky has reached critical mass!

That's Toutatis. Know your facts.

Mutterscrawl 05-05-2014 08:08 AM

Blizz seems to have gone from killing off leaders to killing off random minor lore characters we never GOT to care about.

Nazja 05-05-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korath (Post 1118809)
That's Toutatis. Know your facts.

Not in German. In fact, he also gets called Teutatès in French, by some. It's the archaic form. 😸