Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

miffy23 05-07-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119926)
...Did you know that pvp gear will be identical to tier in appearance?

They are going the TBC route.

LFR gear = PvP Honor gear with recolour
Normal tier = PvP Conquest gear with recolour
Mythic tier = PvP Conquest elite with recolour/effects (like wings or CM gear effects).

I think this is far preferable to having LFR tier - Heroic tier all look virtually the same with recolours.

putino 05-07-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119904)
I don't understand how anyone that raids and actively plays MoP can be anything but ecstatic about the WoD changes. It's pretty much exactly what the game needs.

edit: nvm, youtube links simply don't work. Just check out Mike Preach on YT sometime, he sums it up nicely.

Well, simply spoken, because I don't have anymore the time to play that I had during TBC and WotLK. I played quite less during MoP and yet I was able to enjoy almost all, including the legendary quest, thanks to the LFR (and now also the Flex).

If WoD is going to be much more 'hardcore' than MoP, this will impact quite a lot on my playtime.

miffy23 05-07-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1119928)
Well, simply spoken, because I don't have anymore the time to play that I had during TBC and WotLK. I played quite less during MoP and yet I was able to enjoy almost all, including the legendary quest, thanks to the LFR (and now also the Flex).

If WoD is going to be much more 'hardcore' than MoP, this will impact quite a lot on my playtime.

And where did you get the idea it will be "more hardcore"?
LFR isn't going anywhere, neither are normal dungeons. You will be in exactly the same niche of the game as you were in MoP, only with even more options (such as Garrisons) to gear, and less vendor gear but more diverse item drops, so farming dungeons themselves will actually be more rewarding and not just a means to get your points and get the same old rewards.

Westlee 05-07-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119930)
LFR isn't going anywhere, neither are normal dungeons. You will be in exactly the same niche of the game as you were in MoP, only with even more options (such as Garrisons) to gear, and less vendor gear but more diverse item drops, so farming dungeons themselves will actually be more rewarding and not just a means to get your points and get the same old rewards.

But I want the neat looking, well-itemized tier with the bonuses that cause my character to do new and interesting things.

putino 05-07-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119930)

I will be in the same niche of MoP only if:

a) the new LFG tool that will be used to search for a Normal group is going to be very good, and I would be able to find a group swiftly without wasting a lot of time in order to find someone who would like to do it (as it happened during TBC while I yelled in chat or in the cities in order to find people for doing THAT heroic dungeons and it took several minutes to full a group);
b) the legendary quest items would STILL drop from LFR (and I will be able to farm them during, for example, a sunday morning when I have time to do it, without being forced to go in Normal or higher and potentially lose a week or two for RL issues)

I mean, I'm not in my 20s anymore, and the time at my disposal is very limited in respect to the hours I played every day during TBC and WotLK. I would really like to still enjoy Wow, as much as I can. That didn't happened during Cataclysm, and I would like to avoid a repetition of the "hardcore only" philosophy of that time.

miffy23 05-07-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119933)
But I want the neat looking, well-itemized tier with the bonuses that cause my character to do new and interesting things.

There are very good reasons why LFR shouldn't award Tier sets and interesting trinkets.

Some of these include:

- lack of motivation for new players to explore "real" raiding
- lack of motivation to keep playing once you got your "tier set" and saw the content
- forcing midrange and hardcore players into running LFR for upgrades to compensate for bad RNG from higher difficulties (still possible in WoD, but not to such a degree, and highly unlikely)

If you can invest 2-3 hours a week into running LFR, guess what, you can DEFINITELY run Normal mode via Group Finder (also new in WoD btw), without a guild or need for a voice tool.

You'll get an experience more reflective of a real raid, with far better rewards, and barely any extra time invested (just like Flex today, only managed better).

If you can't put in that bare amount of effort, than you shouldn't be running around in Tier armor, to put it bluntly.

The Hazzikostas interview says it far better, however. I really recommend everyone doubtful watch it / listen to it, I think most are just reading MMO-C hysteria and not really paying attention, tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1119934)
I will be in the same niche of MoP only if:

a) the new LFG tool that will be used to search for a Normal group is going to be very good, and I would be able to find a group swiftly without wasting a lot of time in order to find someone who would like to do it (as it happened during TBC while I yelled in chat or in the cities in order to find people for doing THAT heroic dungeons and it took several minutes to full a group);
b) the legendary quest items would STILL drop from LFR (and I will be able to farm them during, for example, a sunday morning when I have time to do it, without being forced to go in Normal or higher and potentially lose a week or two for RL issues)

I mean, I'm not in my 20s anymore, and the time at my disposal is very limited in respect to the hours I played every day during TBC and WotLK. I would really like to still enjoy Wow, as much as I can. That didn't happened during Cataclysm, and I would like to avoid a repetition of the "hardcore only" philosophy of that time.

You will be finding groups for Normal on the Group Finder Tool as quickly as you get LFR queues, for sure. Whether or not those are GOOD groups is a different matter, and the same risk you have always run when pugging, or entering an LFR.

As for legendary items dropping from LFR - highly unlikely that will still be the case. And it shouldn't.

As I stated before, there is little but significant difference in the time and effort invested in Normal over LFR, and it should be made in order to get the higher rewards.

The game is giving you all the options you could want. It will not, however, serve all of the best rewards on a silver platter.

Westlee 05-07-2014 06:24 AM

I understand that normal mode is basically the same as flex now. However, the one thing that made flex REALLY nice was that you could pick a wing of a raid and do it. You could also run the instance as many times as you want without getting locked out.

Guess what? They're getting rid of that. If you go into a normal/flex raid in WoD, you will get locked out, and you have to do the ENTIRE INSTANCE in one sitting. That is not casual friendly!

And "Mythic" raiders with bad luck might not have to do lfr anymore, but they will have to do "normal" and "heroic", probably with the same crowds that are doing lfr now, so no improvement there.

So I guess what I'm seeing is they are just changing the names around and making the creation of top-tier content easier from a design stand point. They're basically destroying all 10 man heroic guilds, just so the designers don't have to cater to them anymore.

Seriously, why subscribe to the game if all you're going to do is 5 mans and running around the world after treasure chests? Do you think casuals are getting their money's worth by not raiding or pvping? They bought the expansion, if they want to play single player mode 90% of the time, why are they being charged the same amount of money?

Given the choice between a discount rate or not subscribing at all, how many people do you think would take that over the option to raid or pvp? I don't raid or pvp. Why am I paying for content I'm not going to use?

putino 05-07-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119935)
As for legendary items dropping from LFR - highly unlikely that will still be the case. And it shouldn't.

As I stated before, there is little but significant difference in the time and effort invested in Normal over LFR, and it should be made in order to get the higher rewards.

The game is giving you all the options you could want. It will not, however, serve all of the best rewards on a silver platter.

It's not a question of giving me rewards on a silver platter, since to get the legendary item you need to spend quite a lot of time, at least in MoP. I'm starting now the legendary quest on another char, and I don't think I would be able to get it before the mid summer.

The question is simply when I have the time to do it and how to spend better my time. If I'm free to play on a Sunday morning, for example, going through an LFR is very time-efficient in respect to find a group to go in Flex, even if I prefer the later. Moreover, you're almost assured than an LFR will be finished, while it's not the same for a Flex. So, in case of legendary quest items not dropping anymore from LFR, it would impact me two times. That said, the sky is not falling, but they certainly aren't helping me to play the game and enjoy it as much as I can in my free time, as I once did.

miffy23 05-07-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119947)
I understand that normal mode is basically the same as flex now. However, the one thing that made flex REALLY nice was that you could pick a wing of a raid and do it. You could also run the instance as many times as you want without getting locked out.

Guess what? They're getting rid of that. If you go into a normal/flex raid in WoD, you will get locked out, and you have to do the ENTIRE INSTANCE in one sitting. That is not casual friendly!

And "Mythic" raiders with bad luck might not have to do lfr anymore, but they will have to do "normal" and "heroic", probably with the same crowds that are doing lfr now, so no improvement there.

So I guess what I'm seeing is they are just changing the names around and making the creation of top-tier content easier from a design stand point. They're basically destroying all 10 man heroic guilds, just so the designers don't have to cater to them anymore.

Seriously, why subscribe to the game if all you're going to do is 5 mans and running around the world after treasure chests? Do you think casuals are getting their money's worth by not raiding or pvping? They bought the expansion, if they want to play single player mode 90% of the time, why are they being charged the same amount of money?

Given the choice between a discount rate or not subscribing at all, how many people do you think would take that over the option to raid or pvp? I don't raid or pvp. Why am I paying for content I'm not going to use?

Seriously, where are you getting your info?
It's just flat out wrong.

They are in fact not "getting rid of that".

Normal mode AND Heroic mode, ie Flex and Normal, BOTH work like Flex did in MoP. Meaning: LOOT LOCKOUT, not ID lockout. You can run both Normal and Heroic as much as you like, they are on separate IDs too, only you'll only be able to loot each boss once a week.

Furthermore, they are designing raids after the Naxxramas/Ulduar design going forward, and implementing catch-up/shortcut mechanics so you can always jump to the boss you want to go for without having to clear the entire raid again (as Hazzikostas puts it, you can teleport directly to Paragons in SoO, for example, if you've already reached them).

And Mythic raiders will have absolutely zero interest in running LFR due to HC dungeons gearing them for Normal/Heroic, and they will be farming Heroic for gear that drops gear 10x better than LFR, and there won't be any OP trinkets or tier boni in LFr anymore.

I don't know where you got your info, but seriously watch the interviews, you are just dead wrong.

Nazja 05-07-2014 06:30 AM

Yeah, the one thing I'd like is the separation of the raid into wings. I know that we're supposed to be able to skip bosses in WoD, but being able to choose a wing with a smaller amount of bosses makes raiding more manageable for people that do not have the time too complete the whole raid.

putino 05-07-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1119954)
Yeah, the one thing I'd like is the separation of the raid into wings. I know that we're supposed to be able to skip bosses in WoD, but being able to choose a wing with a smaller amount of bosses makes raiding more manageable for people that do not have the time too complete the whole raid.

Yes, I agree.

But yet, in my case, if the legendary quest items would not drop anymore at all from LFR, it would impact negatively on my game experience.

A better solution would be, for me at least, to still allow legendary quest items to drop from LFR but with a lesser probability than other raid difficulties.

Doing so, you would have still incentives to run the LFR to clear the remaining boss in a week and at the same time still get a chance for the legendary quest to be progressed, while stating clearly that it's not the ideal way to do it, since killing the same bosses in Normal/Heroics would allow the items to drop much more likely.

I hope I've been clear :D

miffy23 05-07-2014 06:47 AM

Are you guys seriously just not reading? ^^

You will be able to skip to pretty much any boss of the raid you joined that you want in WoD. Yes, on Normal and Heroic.

First off, the raids will be designed in Naxxramas/Ulduar wing design. I.e. you will be able to say, "we're going for boss x in wing y now", and you don't ahve to progress through 6 bosses to get there. They've stated this is the raid philosophy they want to stick to now.

Furthermore, once you've reached certain bosses (Hazzikostas mentioned for example Sapphiron in Naxx and Paragons in SoO), you will be able to directly port to them and bypass other stuff you're not interested in anymore.

This will even work for the raid group if you personally haven't achieved that progress yet. Say raider x is helping his friends in another guild and he's cleared the instance before while they are working on the last 3, yet they know that the 2nd to last is easier and they'd like the gear from that boss first. He can just zone them in to that boss first as his progress teleport will work for the entire group.

You will effectively have more freedom and flexibility than EVER before.

Mythic is the ONLY difficulty that works on the traditional KILL lockout system, and is on an entirely separate lockout, just like all other modes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1119957)
Yes, I agree.

But yet, in my case, if the legendary quest items would not drop anymore at all from LFR, it would impact negatively on my game experience.

A better solution would be, for me at least, to still allow legendary quest items to drop from LFR but with a lesser probability than other raid difficulties.

Doing so, you would have still incentives to run the LFR to clear the remaining boss in a week and at the same time still get a chance for the legendary quest to be progressed, while stating clearly that it's not the ideal way to do it, since killing the same bosses in Normal/Heroics would allow the items to drop much more likely.

I hope I've been clear :D

You're contradicting yourself. You say you can't invest a lot of time into raiding, so you prefer LFR. Yet you want the legendary items to drop at a lower rate, so you'd have to farm them more and invest more time than necessary.

I would add, you're farming a quest and an item that is so overpowered for the content you are running that it's pretty irrelevant. LFR content dies by itself anyway, with people literally autohitting.

There should always be a correlation between difficulty/reward -> progress. LFR in MoP yielded rewards that were too good for the content, and also completely devalued harder content for newer and more casual players.
LFR in WoD will reward you on the same power scale, ie you will be able to run Normal and probably Heroic just fine with LFR gear, yet the rewards from Normal/Heroic will be far more desirable and actually different. And a legendary reward will actually be rewarding and useful for where it belongs, Normal raiding upwards.

Again, the argument of "I don't have the time" will be completely invalid. Group Finder normal will work just fine for everyone along with the raid design I just described. There will be no excuses for not being able to run the content other than having a terrible group/being a terrible player, which could happen in LFR too. In which case the game certainly shouldn't reward the player for playing poorly. What's the point then?

Westlee 05-07-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119960)
Are you guys seriously just not reading? ^^

You will be able to skip to pretty much any boss of the raid you joined that you want in WoD. Yes, on Normal and Heroic.

But will you be able to find a group that wants to skip everything?

Quote:

First off, the raids will be designed in Naxxramas/Ulduar wing design. I.e. you will be able to say, "we're going for boss x in wing y now", and you don't ahve to progress through 6 bosses to get there. They've stated this is the raid philosophy they want to stick to now.
But the raid queue won't allow you to pick one specifically?

Quote:

Furthermore, once you've reached certain bosses (Hazzikostas mentioned for example Sapphiron in Naxx and Paragons in SoO), you will be able to directly port to them and bypass other stuff you're not interested in anymore.
But can we queue for them?

Gurzog 05-07-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119947)

probably but the raids are more "Choose your opponents" as in they are more "Choose this wing, choose that wing or choose this third wing" instead of " KILL EVERYTHING THAT STANDS IN YOUR WAY!111ELEVENCAPSLOL" (Which sort of makes it even better than the wings, because you could just chose to do 1 boss in each wing :P

Quote:

So? LFR is a Borefest for mythic raiders. massive improvement there.

Quote:

They are forcing them to merge to have one tier so they can balance around it instead of having bosses that are easier for some guilds and harder for others. They can probably get the extra 10 from 2 25man hardcore guilds since you know 2*5+10 = 20
Quote:

As long as a game is fun and engaging it is worth the cash. so yes.

Tilgath 05-07-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119935)
There are very good reasons why LFR shouldn't award Tier sets and interesting trinkets.

Some of these include:

- lack of motivation for new players to explore "real" raiding
- lack of motivation to keep playing once you got your "tier set" and saw the content
- forcing midrange and hardcore players into running LFR for upgrades to compensate for bad RNG from higher difficulties (still possible in WoD, but not to such a degree, and highly unlikely)

I think it's pretty obnoxious and paternalistic to tell other players that their enjoyment of a game needs to change to closer resemble your own enjoyment.

What if people don't want to be part of progression raiding? Why is normal or heroic raiding any more "real" than LFR? I mean, the elitism of that idea alone is pretty insulting.

As for the poor hardcore raiders who forced themselves to run LFR, cry me a river. They were the one group of players who LFR was specifically NOT designed for. But now, because of their whiny entitlement, the group LFR WAS designed for is losing out on Tier. Because LFR isn't "real" raiding, so LFR players don't deserve "real" raid gear.

And for the record, nothing's being served up on a silver platter. LFR gear was NOWHERE near as good as normal or heroic raiding gear. It was better than 5-mans, but it should be since it was of a higher difficulty and required more time invested.

Really, it's the idea of, "I don't like what you have. I don't think you deserve it, so I'm going to argue for you to lose it" just fundamentally disgusts me. I can't remember another time I've seen a portion of a playerbase actively campaign for another portion to actually lose something from the game for no other reason than veiled elitism.

miffy23 05-07-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilgath (Post 1119964)
I think it's pretty obnoxious and paternalistic to tell other players that their enjoyment of a game needs to change to closer resemble your own enjoyment.

What if people don't want to be part of progression raiding? Why is normal or heroic raiding any more "real" than LFR? I mean, the elitism of that idea alone is pretty insulting.

As for the poor hardcore raiders who forced themselves to run LFR, cry me a river. They were the one group of players who LFR was specifically NOT designed for. But now, because of their whiny entitlement, the group LFR WAS designed for is losing out on Tier. Because LFR isn't "real" raiding, so LFR players don't deserve "real" raid gear.

And for the record, nothing's being served up on a silver platter. LFR gear was NOWHERE near as good as normal or heroic raiding gear. It was better than 5-mans, but it should be since it was of a higher difficulty and required more time invested.

Really, it's the idea of, "I don't like what you have. I don't think you deserve it, so I'm going to argue for you to lose it" just fundamentally disgusts me. I can't remember another time I've seen a portion of a playerbase actively campaign for another portion to actually lose something from the game for no other reason than veiled elitism.

Not at all.
The idea is that raiding should be an incentive and a motivation. LFR serves none of that.

And Blizzard stand by that. It is by definition "Tourist Mode". It is to show the content to those that would otherwise not be able to see it, for no effort and the least amount of time invested. They will get rewards for their time spent, but it won't be the same as actually organized and more challenging raiding.

How is that anything bad? It's not about elitism, it's about actually having a motivating difficulty/reward construct that keeps players in the loop.

Another factor of that is to remove currency gear (there will be no current tier -level loot available for currency) and instead make loot more diverse and possibly much better. Such as that pair of bracers that you just got last week dropping again but this time, with a tertiary you want and warforged, and almost being as good as the worst roll possible on the next item tier. So rerunning content is more desirable for drops, and less so for "working off the point schedule".

LFR isn't going anywhere - it's just being turned into what and where it should be on the scale of things. You should be running around in your city again and saying "oh, that's cool-looking armor, maybe I should give Normal mode a try after all".

And if you REALLY can't find the group or time for that bit of effort, then you can always come back with overpowered gear from the next tier and join Xmog-farming groups on the Group Finder (which will be abundant) to get the visual styles.

Nobody will be denied the visual styles they want, in time. And everyone will be awarded appropriately in item power for the level of content they are tackling.

edit:

I'd like to add you are fundamentally misunderstanding the reasoning that I and a lot of other players have. I'm not that hardcore, i'm a guildleader and raidleader and we barely manage to kill half of heroic bosses before the next tier is out, we're pretty midrange.

We have TONS of players only doing LFR or joining guild Flex runs, and we all want to enjoy the game. The problem we midrange-hardcore raiders are seeing, however, is that the MoP LFR reward structure has been slowly sapping the pool of available raiders.

New players are handed the same Tier loot and trinkets that higher difficulties are - yes, they are much weaker, but from a player's perspective, he got his tier loot, he has cool stuff, why should he continue. And the game is denying the player the opportunity to engage in a much more fun experience.

You cannot possibly argue that LFR is somehow more fun than a Normal raid with friends/family/just people you're chatting with on a voice tool. And it most definitely does not require so much less time.

The Group Finder in WoD will let you hop into Normal mode groups very quickly and easily, without a guild, without absurd restrictions (can't set ilvl requ higher than what you have, probably can't go for content you can't personally access yet).

Effectively, they are trying to turn Flex into Normal = ICC 10 pugs, a grey area between Heroic/Mythic organized raiding and LFR, where casual players will get their easy, better loot like Tier sets and stuff and a difficulty where people can meet in pugs and form ties.

And that is GREAT for the game.

Westlee 05-07-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1119963)
As long as a game is fun and engaging it is worth the cash. so yes.

Let me put it another way; if subscriptions had tiers of content access, would you be alright with that? I don't want to pvp or raid. Does it seem fair that I get a discount since I'm not using that content?

Nazja 05-07-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119961)
But will you be able to find a group that wants to skip everything?

Exactly. It all depends on what group you end up with. If you could simply search for the wing you're interested in, on the other hand...

Gurzog 05-07-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119968)
Let me put it another way; if subscriptions had tiers of content access, would you be alright with that? I don't want to pvp or raid. Does it seem fair that I get a discount since I'm not using that content?

The sub is there for you to borrow the character that you created from blizzard. WHat you do with it is up to you (yes that is including ERP).

miffy23 05-07-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119968)

No, because the game offers a crap ton of content outside of organized raids and/or pvp by now, from pet battles to xmog to garrisons/farms.

And it also stands to reason - if you're not interested at all in either PVE or PVP content, why exactly are you subbing to the game and playing it?

If you buy FIFA2015, and you complain afterwards that you have "zero interest in football", is the game obliged to cater to you and somehow make the teams play pool instead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1119969)
Exactly. It all depends on what group you end up with. If you could simply search for the wing you're interested in, on the other hand...

Group Finder will have many more options than it does now, think along the lines of Oqueue.

For example, groups will have descriptions and targets in their titles ofc. It's not like you'll only have "Highmaul Normal" default tags on everything, you'll be seeing
"Highmaul Boss x-y" (description: lf: role x, attempting achievement c, bring bla)

Honestly, it's not that complicated.

At the end of the day you'll get morons and good people/players too, like always in pugging.

edit: and once again, you don't need WING QUEUES, when you have a WING STRUCTURED RAID la Naxx or Ulduar.

Westlee 05-07-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1119972)
The sub is there for you to borrow the character that you created from blizzard. WHat you do with it is up to you (yes that is including ERP).

So why did I buy the expansion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119973)
No, because the game offers a crap ton of content outside of organized raids and/or pvp by now, from pet battles to xmog to garrisons/farms.

But is that what I'm actually paying for? Did the money I spend go into developing those things and not the content I don't want?

Quote:

And it also stands to reason - if you're not interested at all in either PVE or PVP content, why exactly are you subbing to the game and playing it?
To chat with people I've known for years. Maybe to play the auction house. Maybe I'm an RPer. Maybe I like to do outdated raid content solo.

miffy23 05-07-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119974)
So why did I buy the expansion?

Because you wanted access to the new content, the levels, the quests, the characters, the story, and also the other content like the dungeons, raids and pvp?

It's not pick-and-choose, don't be daft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119974)

To chat with people I've known for years. Maybe to play the auction house. Maybe I'm an RPer. Maybe I like to do outdated raid content solo.

Then there you have your side of things. I fail to see how it's an issue if you have these activities you enjoy and sub for.

Westlee 05-07-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1119977)
Because you wanted access to the new content, the levels, the quests, the characters, the story, and also the other content like the dungeons, raids and pvp?

It's not pick-and-choose, don't be daft.

But I don't care about most of that content. I should be able to pick and choose.

neoshadow 05-07-2014 07:24 AM

2 posts till nazja hits 20k.

miffy23 05-07-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1119979)
But I don't care about most of that content. I should be able to pick and choose.

But you ARE picking and choosing, what the hell xD Nobody is forcing you to run raids or organize pvp.
As you stated yourself you have plenty of things in the game you enjoy. Why must the game justify making content besides the aspects you enjoy personally, and give you a discount?