Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Gortrash 05-22-2014 06:11 AM

So why is it that the old Dark portal Azeroth-side actually looks better than the new one? :raisedbro

Cemotucu 05-22-2014 06:12 AM

Nice Naaru lore. I wonder if what Velen says equates to naaru being gods that are revere but not worshipped by the Draenei.

Also: Scryer's Tier has been enterely reworked in this build. It's now a lush residential area.

Shattrath's dome has been completed with its own unique model.

And... OMG HIGHMAUL is SO big. It's like a capital city. O.O I love that. Also, I aprove the removal of filler mountains in Shadowmoon.

Ma Caque Attaque 05-22-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cemotucu (Post 1128331)
Nice Naaru lore. I wonder if what Velen says equates to naaru being gods that are revere but not worshipped by the Draenei.

Do the draenei ever call them gods? Revere =/= worship.

Kinda like the night elves and the Ancients, they revere, but don't worship as gods... as far as I know, but I figure that there would be some druids, or possibly the worgen that would worship some of the Ancients as gods...

But I find it interesting that Naaru have sexes of male/female. I find that weird for some reason. I always figured that they were sexless as beings of Light. Reproduce asexually or how ever Naaru reproduce...

Cemotucu 05-22-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1128350)
Do the draenei ever call them gods? Revere =/= worship.

It is as if... you hadn't read my post at all ^^

Velen says K'ara turned into a "hungering God, a living font of darkness". At the same time, he says draenei revere the naaru.

What I said is that: maybe naaru are gods, but they are NOT worshipped by the draenei, but revered.

Ma Caque Attaque 05-22-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cemotucu (Post 1128357)
It is as if... you hadn't read my post at all ^^

Velen says K'ara turned into a "hungering God, a living font of darkness". At the same time, he says draenei revere the naaru.

What I said is that: maybe naaru are gods, but they are NOT worshipped by the draenei, but revered.

It seemed weird to refer to K'ara as a uppercase "G" God. Instead of the more common lower case g that we saw all over the lore.

Also, she goes from a "creature of faith and beauty" to a "dark and hungering God, a living font of darkness".

Kinda weird to go from a creature of faith to a dark God in the same sentence. They are not Gods of faith and beauty but only become a God when they go dark? Hmm... maybe reading too much into it... It's Blizzard after all.

True, but in the past it has never been stated that the draenei worship the Naaru. It's been presumed, but never proven. This just confirms that the AU-draenei don't worship the Naaru.

But are the Naaru, Gods? That's the question right there. Is the first time that the draenei have called the Naaru "Gods"? Because if they are, they truly aren't that powerful, and seem to be more like the Greek/Roman Gods of old compared to say the Abrahamic version of God.

EDIT: Almost forgot. "The naaru that we draenei revere are creatures of pure light."

Draenei refer to them as creatures again of pure light. So it again could explain why they don't worship them. They are just creatures after all... But I agree the question is a Naaru, gods?

Gurzog 05-22-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Phase #3425 - Cosmetic - Nagrand 6.0 - Hallvalor - Lantresor of the Blade (ELM)
Phase #3426 - Cosmetic - Nagrand 6.0 - The Masters' Cavern - Lantresor of the Blade - Horde (ELM)
:)

Insane Guy of Doom 05-22-2014 07:19 AM

Hmm, neither the fomor or "agronn" have heads that match the giant skeletons in Frostfire.

neoshadow 05-22-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1128374)
Hmm, neither the fomor or "agronn" have heads that match the giant skeletons in Frostfire.

perhaps these ones are so #2savage4u , that the orcs COULDN`T kill them for a city?!

Vineyard 05-22-2014 07:28 AM

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...orScenario.jpg
It is labled as Szenario Map, but looks actually like a Zone Map.

neoshadow 05-22-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vineyard (Post 1128378)
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...orScenario.jpg
It is labled as Szenario Map, but looks actually like a Zone Map.

voljins pride and fort wyrnn so close? blizzard trying to make another tarren mills thing?

Insane Guy of Doom 05-22-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1128379)
voljins pride and fort wyrnn so close? blizzard trying to make another tarren mills thing?

I believe those were the spots that the garrisons used to occupy.

Gurzog 05-22-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1128381)
I believe those were the spots that the garrisons used to occupy.

Yep.

Marston 05-22-2014 07:37 AM

So that non-Skettis-presumably-woulda-been-future-Skettis is called Gordal Fortress. Still curious why there's a Lower Skettis and not an upper one...

With the God thing, I think they're just being consistent with the capitalization of Void God. I can't find anywhere that Blizz outright stated Naaru aren't gods, but it must have been a running assumption for a reason.

Lutinz 05-22-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1128379)

I get the impression that the horde and alliance forces are practically allied in this zone, fighting back the Iron Horde attack on Shattrath. Certainly much of the detail we have on the zone seems to suggest it.

Yarathir 05-22-2014 07:43 AM

Meh, that Paladin mythic set looks pretty bad, imo. Obviously better when the shoulder graphical effect is better rendered, but I'm still not a fan of the helm and stuff. A pass on that one. :)

Also, among all the cool icons:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lackhand_1.jpg

Called it.

Gurzog 05-22-2014 07:45 AM

wowhead has the encounter journal entries up

http://www.wowhead.com/news=240145/w...re#ej-highmaul

Insane Guy of Doom 05-22-2014 07:54 AM

Hmm, looks like goblins are part of the iron horde.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimrail Depot encounter journal
Pauli Rocketspark, chief foreman of the Grimrail Depot, has been enlisted by Garrosh Hellscream to build the technology required for the Iron Horde's infrastructure. Given the dim-witted assistant Borka to do the heavy lifting, Pauli Rocketspark set about building the train, the Grimrail.

EDIT: Here are all the other dungeon journal entries with lore:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmaul encounter journal
Kargath Bladefist, Chieftain of the Shattered Hand, honed his brutal skills as a slave in the Ogre's gladiatorial games. He slaughtered countless opponents for the promise of freedom, but after winning, was locked away with the other retired "champions". Fueled by rage, Kargath tore off his own hand to escape and led a revolt that soaked Draenor in Ogre Blood. Now, he eagerly returns to the arena to teach you the true meaning of savagery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spires of Arak encounter journal
Ranjit, Master of the Four Winds
The Arakkoa's penultimate Chakradhaari, Ranjit has mastered the secret techniques required to create gale force winds with his chakra.

Araknath
A construct of ancient Arakkoan civilization powered by the light of the sun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackrock Foundry encounter journal
Hans'gar and Franzok, twin brothers raised to become masterful brawlers of the Warsong clan. Both carved paths of glory on their way to become Warlord, but destiny had other plans. The brothers, unwilling to kill each other to claim leadership, were banished from the Warsong and left for dead. They survived, alone in the savage wilds of Draenor, and when the Iron Horde called, these powerful warriors found a new home among the massive war-machine.

Flamebender Ka'graz has worked within the bellows of the Blackrock foundry imbuing weapons with the essence of flame, fueling the Iron Horde's warmachine. With the help of her assistant Aknor Steelbringer they have forged weapons day and night for the Iron Horde's conquest of Draenor.

RikuEru 05-22-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1128396)
Hmm, looks like goblins are part of the iron horde.

Probably more best buddies that joined Garrosh on his BacktotheFuture/Ineedtofindmyself-Trip.
Hopefully it'll be explained ingame how they got to Draenor and not just "Well... he's here now. As a boss. We needed something to fill up the first boss spot."

Kargath's fight mechanics sound amazing!

DerpiusMaximus 05-22-2014 08:03 AM

The True Meaning of Savagery: A Garrosh Christmas Special

CosmicGuitars 05-22-2014 08:10 AM

So Kargath is LITERALLY ham-fisted into Highmaul. He has no lore reason to be there. He's just there in the arena to give you a smack down.

Nazja 05-22-2014 08:13 AM

So Gom wasn't the heir?

DerpiusMaximus 05-22-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars (Post 1128406)
So Kargath is LITERALLY ham-fisted into Highmaul. He has no lore reason to be there. He's just there in the arena to give you a smack down.

"Guys our first raid in Warlords of Draenor doesn't have a warlord."

"Fine whatever just pick one."

Quality development.

If you think the Warlords outside of Durotan and Grom are going to get interesting character development or something, you're gonna have a bad time.

Cemotucu 05-22-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1128365)
It seemed weird to refer to K'ara as a uppercase "G" God. Instead of the more common lower case g that we saw all over the lore.

Also, she goes from a "creature of faith and beauty" to a "dark and hungering God, a living font of darkness".

Kinda weird to go from a creature of faith to a dark God in the same sentence. They are not Gods of faith and beauty but only become a God when they go dark? Hmm... maybe reading too much into it... It's Blizzard after all.

True, but in the past it has never been stated that the draenei worship the Naaru. It's been presumed, but never proven. This just confirms that the AU-draenei don't worship the Naaru.

But are the Naaru, Gods? That's the question right there. Is the first time that the draenei have called the Naaru "Gods"? Because if they are, they truly aren't that powerful, and seem to be more like the Greek/Roman Gods of old compared to say the Abrahamic version of God.

EDIT: Almost forgot. "The naaru that we draenei revere are creatures of pure light."

Draenei refer to them as creatures again of pure light. So it again could explain why they don't worship them. They are just creatures after all... But I agree the question is a Naaru, gods?

Yeah. That's the thing.

Are Naaru only gods when they become void? It seems silly to me.

PS: Also, I'm betting the Fomor are not the Earth Giants, but a link between them and the Gronn (note how the Fomor ar not fully earthly).

putino 05-22-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars (Post 1128406)

Your avatar is always perfect!

Gurzog 05-22-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1128409)
So Gom wasn't the heir?

eh?