Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Gurzog 05-03-2014 04:37 PM

speculation shit stuff

So with Ariok dying, (or becoming a slave/Dire Orc) does this mean that Saurfang will be the leader of the orcs, considering Eitrigg will most likely be going through the period Saurfang had. (I would kill alot more orcs from MU for either of them going with us to Draenor.)

Reignac 05-03-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118031)
So with Ariok dying, does this mean that Saurfang will be the leader of the orcs, considering Eitrigg will most likely be going through the period Saurfang had. (I would kill alot more orcs from MU for either of them going with us to Draenor.)

Metzen wanted Saurfang to have the job at Blizzcon, but it's not solely his decision. I think it's likely though.

Gurzog 05-03-2014 04:47 PM

The whole deal about ariok seems more of the Nazgrim trick... "oh look here is an npc people like let's kill him off."

Insane Guy of Doom 05-03-2014 04:48 PM

If either Eitrigg or Ariok has to die, I would much rather prefer Eitrigg. It would actually move the generations forward and let Ariok become a character in his own right beyond "Eitrigg's son".

Also, this quest text coupled with Skettis' location occupied by a big ogre city...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest text for "The Spires of Arak"
We are leaving this place.

There are whispers of a powerful leader among us who has emerged with a plan to overthrow the Adherents. A once great hero who, like all of us, was discarded by the cruel society atop the spires.

At his behest, the shadows are gathering beneath the Spires of Arak.

Go there when you are ready to aid our cause. Do not seek us out - we will find you.

Is this leader Terokk? Would explain the "lower Skettis" in Spires that's just some tents in ogre ruins, he hasn't built the true Skettis yet.

Also, some other neat arakkoa lore text:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest text for "The Purge of Veil Shadar"
Not all arakkoa are alike.

<Iskar lifts his sleeve to reveal a mangled, useless wing.>

It is no illusion. They did this to me. Before I was even given a name, I was given a place in society: at the bottom.

We are many. We make our homes in the places this world has forgotten.

Veil Shadar was such a place, but the Adherents have found it and started a purge. For morale. For fun.

Help my people escape, and we'll be in your debt.

When the sky burns, it pays to have allies in the shadows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest text from "Kura's Vengeance"
I was a wing-guard myself, once upon a time.

One afternoon, I was caught away from my post. I just wanted an hour to watch the festival... Kuuan was supposed to cover for me, but instead he sold me out to gain favor with our superiors.

They plucked my eyes, broke my wings, and threw me off the spire.

Yet I am the fortunate one, for if Iskar hadn't found me, I'd have died there. And now Kuuan shows his face in Veil Shadar on the same day that you show up willing to kill for coin. Fortunate, indeed.

DerpiusMaximus 05-03-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118031)
So with Ariok dying, (or becoming a slave/Dire Orc) does this mean that Saurfang will be the leader of the orcs, considering Eitrigg will most likely be going through the period Saurfang had. (I would kill alot more orcs from MU for either of them going with us to Draenor.)

More than likely the only green orc we'll be seeing in any real capacity for the Horde is Thrall.

Despite being a fan favorite, Blizz doesn't seem to really like using Saurfang much. Probably because he upstages Thrall nowadays.

Nazja 05-03-2014 04:53 PM

I wish Jorin would join the expedition. He was one of the good second gen orcs, unlike Garry.

Reignac 05-03-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1118036)
Also, this quest text coupled with Skettis' location occupied by a big ogre city...

Is this leader Terokk? Would explain the "lower Skettis" in Spires that's just some tents in ogre ruins, he hasn't built the true Skettis yet.

The Archaeology stuff gave me the impression that Terokk is ancient history by this point.

Quote:

Also, some other neat arakkoa lore text:
Man, the Adherents are vicious.

Noitora 05-03-2014 04:56 PM

Arrakoa are extreme.

Gurzog 05-03-2014 05:00 PM

I wonder if Ikfar is a big typo for Isfar.

http://wowpedia.org/Isfar

Though i doubt he was blind in the MU.

Eagan 05-03-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1118041)
Arrakoa are extreme.

The correct phrase is 'no-nonsense'.

Sceptrum 05-03-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus (Post 1118038)
More than likely the only green orc we'll be seeing in any real capacity for the Horde is Thrall.

Despite being a fan favorite, Blizz doesn't seem to really like using Saurfang much. Probably because he upstages Thrall nowadays.

I'm trying to think Saurfang is underused because Blizzard does not know quite what to do with him...but the cynical part of me is just wondering if Metzen subconciously dislikes any orc upstaging Thrall.

I would have also liked Jorin Deadeye to make some appearance. He seemed to be the responsible orc at Garadar.

Gurzog 05-03-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus (Post 1118038)

Stormreavers and co, gul'dan.

Cemotucu 05-03-2014 05:25 PM

The Adherents are EVIL. I want to meet them. NAU.

DerpiusMaximus 05-03-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118047)
Stormreavers and co, gul'dan.

What about them?

Reignac 05-03-2014 05:34 PM

The arakkoa inflicted by the Curse of Sethe will probably use the BC model, huh? They're gonna stand out quite a bit when everything else, even players, have higher quality models.

Insane Guy of Doom 05-03-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reignac (Post 1118059)
The arakkoa inflicted by the Curse of Sethe will probably use the BC model, huh? They're gonna stand out quite a bit when everything else, even players, have higher quality models.

They gave sporebats of all things new models, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the cursed arakkoa higher polygon versions of what they have now.

CosmicGuitars 05-03-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptrum (Post 1118046)
I'm trying to think Saurfang is underused because Blizzard does not know quite what to do with him...but the cynical part of me is just wondering if Metzen subconciously dislikes any orc upstaging Thrall.

I would have also liked Jorin Deadeye to make some appearance. He seemed to be the responsible orc at Garadar.

Metzen specifically said (several times) at BlizzCon that he wants the Orcish racial leader to be Saurfang, not Thrall.. he seemed very sincere, as well. I'm inclined to believe that he truly does want to do something cool with Saurfang, but it's really not his decision any more.

Westlee 05-03-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars (Post 1118061)
Metzen specifically said (several times) at BlizzCon that he wants the Orcish racial leader to be Saurfang, not Thrall.. he seemed very sincere, as well. I'm inclined to believe that he truly does want to do something cool with Saurfang, but it's really not his decision any more.

Actually he didn't seem to care.

Gurzog 05-03-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus (Post 1118058)
What about them?

They took the kool-aid

Eillas 05-03-2014 06:06 PM

The archmage has asked me to prepare this moonwell. Once it is completed, I'll be able to sanctify its water for use against the demon.

Only one thing remains.

A piece of one of Draenor's moons has fallen into a nearby pool on the far side of the woods. Such a thing is perfect for use in the dedication of the moonwell to Elune.

Will you bring it back for me, <name>?

JorgeAxe 05-03-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118039)
I wish Jorin would join the expedition. He was one of the good second gen orcs, unlike Garry.

Jorin's always been a favorite of mine.

Also whats this about the story behind the Dire Orcs that supposedly been revealed?

Nazja 05-03-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeAxe (Post 1118077)
Jorin's always been a favorite of mine.

Also whats this about the story behind the Dire Orcs that supposedly been revealed?

Look at those orcs down there, <name>.

These are Bleeding Hollow orcs - a wild, superstitious clan of savage hunters and shaman. They use the blood of their prisoners to perform a transformation ritual, turning themselves into hulking, mindless beasts.

Look around for ritual reagents - blood, herbs, mushrooms, and the like. We might as well disrupt their operations while we're freeing their prisoners.

Reignac 05-03-2014 06:17 PM

Wait, Rulkan appears to be alive and not just a vision like I had thought we'd encounter.

http://beta.wowdb.com/quests/33586-nyi-chasing-shadows

Didn't she die a long time before RotH, not recently before it? Maybe I'm wrong.

JorgeAxe 05-03-2014 06:20 PM

They're demonizing the Bleeding Hollow as well now?

Well this is totally contrary to Kilrogg's portrayal, particularly in Beyond The Dark Portal's novelization where even Danath respected Deadeye.

DerpiusMaximus 05-03-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeAxe (Post 1118084)
They're demonizing the Bleeding Hollow as well now?

Well this is totally contrary to Kilrogg's portrayal, particularly in Beyond The Dark Portal's novelization where even Danath respected Deadeye.

Any lore older than the current expansion and the upcoming one has no power here. You should know this by now.