Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Mutterscrawl 05-04-2014 10:08 PM

Looks nice but I feel like I saw a different version of that helm somewhere else...

CosmicGuitars 05-04-2014 10:09 PM

There's another Orc NPC set coming.

I guess they're giving each major clan their own sets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1118661)
Looks nice but I feel like I saw a different version of that helm somewhere else...

There's been one in the files for years I think?

JorgeAxe 05-04-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars (Post 1118662)
There's another Orc NPC set coming.

I guess they're giving each major clan their own sets?

There's been one in the files for years I think?

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/24/23383/5.jpg

Arakiba 05-04-2014 10:23 PM

Looks good though I wonder what the head-thing is on the shoulders. Looks kinda draconic but could be a wolf, too.

Skullcrusha 05-04-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1118664)
Looks good though I wonder what the head-thing is on the shoulders. Looks kinda draconic but could be a wolf, too.

I think wolf.

Eillas 05-04-2014 10:25 PM

Found some garrison related quests.
Required Level 94 Talador
Quote:

At Your Command

Choose which outpost structure to construct.
Description

[PH] Commander, I'm glad you're here!

Sergeant Rollins and Arcanist Rinnila have been arguing since we got here on what building would be best to construct for the outpost.
Rinnila claims this area would be perfect for one of them mage towers and Rollins says that we are in dire need of an armory.

You're in command sir, take a look at our designs over on the drafting table and choose which one you prefer.
Quote:

Arming the Armory

Find Master Smith Ared at the Quarry in Talador.
Description

[PH] Now that we have the armory built we're going to need some skilled hands to run it.
I've heard that the great smith Ared managed to survive Shattraths fall and he should be living nearby in the old quarry. See if you can convince him to work for us.
Placeholder, but says what it involves.

Quote:

Quest: Roughly Hewn
Blackrock Blade 12
Quote:

Quest: Prove your worth
Iron Horde In the Quarry Slain 10
Quote:

Quest: Their Eating Everything!
Kill Npc #79190 10 (Highly likely Gorens)
Quote:

Quest:Hammer of the Stars
Iridium Dust 12

CosmicGuitars 05-04-2014 10:25 PM

Looks like a boar.

Ragnahar 05-04-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmictimelion (Post 1118659)
Hell. Yeah.

Dude, we have to go to twitter with this, we HAVE to make it available to players. My old Warcraft nostalgia bones just went into overdrive.

Nazja 05-05-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnahar (Post 1118673)
Dude, we have to go to twitter with this, we HAVE to make it available to players. My old Warcraft nostalgia bones just went into overdrive.

I did my part. Now you guys have to do the same. :D

Dawnfeld 05-05-2014 01:19 AM

Grunt helmet? Grunt helmet! :D I may not play orcs, but I do love the return of the grunt helmets.

Nazja 05-05-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullcrusha (Post 1118665)
I think wolf.

It's a wild boar, is what I'd say if the belt weren't there..

Skullcrusha 05-05-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118695)
It's a wild boar.

What I thought, but its the Warsong. Aka its the expert wolf riders. Would be a little odd to wear boar shoulders. That's just me though, and im probably wrong.

ARM3481 05-05-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullcrusha (Post 1118697)
What I thought, but its the Warsong. Aka its the expert wolf riders. Would be a little odd to wear boar shoulders. That's just me though, and im probably wrong.

Frostwolves are the clan traditionally associated with wolf-riding though, with some further Thunderlord association implied in TBC. The Warsongs are specifically associated with being especially warlike and having an especially vicious chieftain, while not practicing the cannibalism, widespread self-mutilation, nihilism, and thoroughly demented craziness attached to the truly batshit insane clans.

They kind of became the Horde's "wolfrider clan" since WC3 due to them being the only clan on Azeroth whose wolfriders hadn't been abolished by Doomhammer (since they avoided that by having traveled there after the orcs' defeat in the Second War), but on Draenor that wouldn't really matter; every clan that once had a prominent wolfriding presence on the original Draenor would still have it on this new Draenor.

Lutinz 05-05-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1118622)
Its pretty much a given.

I mean, look at how the Jade Forest intro is for each side. They differ a bit (i.e. the Alliance don't lose their airship, Horde does) but in general they mirror (similar groups, meet and align with a local race, there's a part where the player plays through their recollections of what they were doing while you were gone (which includes a segment wherein you play as the team's sniper clearing the path for another character)).

This isn't true.

Alliance:
Taylor - alive
Amber - alive
Rell - dead maybe/alive maybe
Mishka - alive
Sully - alive
Rogers - alive

Horde:
Nazgrim - dead
Shokia - sided with Garrosh now
Gorrok - no idea. No sign of him after the Battle in the Jade Forrest. Never mentioned again
Kirin - alive
Rivett - alive

Horde didn't have a Rogers. Out of the Horde side only two are confirmed alive and one has vanished completely.

For the alliance all but maybe one are still in action. I'm not counting Riko cause I'm also not counting Little Lu.

That's 5/6 vs 2/3 Alliance and horde survived.

Stop for a minute and list the Alliance characters you can think of verses what the horde has. The Alliance has way bigger roster. If they wanted to cull the number of characters they have to deal with, culling the horde isn't going to spare them since Alliance characters aren't going to be filling up horde limelight space without going neutral.

Nazja 05-05-2014 02:10 AM

I think Lev means in the zone quest lines. Things that happen outside don't count. Ariok doesn't "die" alone, for example. There's another heroe (Keshan?) who also "dies".

Now, if this were a book, Ariok would be the only guy dying.

Leviathon 05-05-2014 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lutinz (Post 1118719)
This isn't true.

Alliance:
Taylor - alive
Amber - alive
Rell - dead maybe/alive maybe
Mishka - alive
Sully - alive
Rogers - alive

Horde:
Nazgrim - dead
Shokia - sided with Garrosh now
Gorrok - no idea. No sign of him after the Battle in the Jade Forrest. Never mentioned again
Kirin - alive
Rivett - alive

Horde didn't have a Rogers. Out of the Horde side only two are confirmed alive and one has vanished completely.

For the alliance all but maybe one are still in action. I'm not counting Riko cause I'm also not counting Little Lu.

That's 5/6 vs 2/3 Alliance and horde survived.

Stop for a minute and list the Alliance characters you can think of verses what the horde has. The Alliance has way bigger roster. If they wanted to cull the number of characters they have to deal with, culling the horde isn't going to spare them since Alliance characters aren't going to be filling up horde limelight space without going neutral.

It's more questline based. For example since Velen dies a Horde character dies as well in Frostfire.

Nazja 05-05-2014 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1118725)
It's more questline based. For example since Velen dies a Horde character dies as well in Frostfire.

Who dies in FF?

Westlee 05-05-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118728)
Who dies in FF?

Aeris.

Gurzog 05-05-2014 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118728)
Who dies in FF?

Some wolves.

Eillas 05-05-2014 02:50 AM

The two npc leaders at the dark portal dies. Dar'tooon and watcher something.

Kiraser 05-05-2014 04:28 AM

:haste:The Old Ones have spoken. The next meeting of artists is coming. I didn't see any faces, but there was a great landscape full of giant spikes inhabited by sentient birds.:haste:

Oh, and why won't you post lore tidbits in the lore thread? -_-

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eillas (Post 1118732)
The two npc leaders at the dark portal dies. Dar'tooon and watcher something.

the heroic sacrifice of watcher something will be remembered for all eternity

Gurzog 05-05-2014 04:48 AM

The heroic sacrifice of lvl 58.5 Portal-sentry will be remembered and glorified for all eternity. May we all learn from this sacrifice.

Westlee 05-05-2014 04:54 AM

Those assholes did nothing while level 90 PCs corpse camped my alts. Fuck them.

RikuEru 05-05-2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1118753)
Those assholes did nothing while level 90 PCs corpse camped my alts. Fuck them.

Dude, you should find another hobby. WoW isn't for you.
You should do something, that you enjoy. But you choose something that fills you with pure, void negativity.
You should move on...

Regarding those NPC Sets, YES freakin damn we neeeeeed those!
Make some nice sets in HD for the Alliance aswell (inspired by units like knight, mountaineer, etc) and of we go!