Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   StarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Legacy of the Void news thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=217068)

Kiraser 06-17-2015 03:44 AM

Legacy of the Void news thread

New trailer.

The female red-eyed protoss is most likely Rohana. Her corruption makes sense, since she has super-deep connection to the Khala. Maybe Artanis will be able to save her somehow. Who knows. The male one is... dunno maybe the Tal'darim leader. He doesn't look like archon, so it's not Ulrezaj. And he doesn't look like xel'naga too.

What is Whispers of Oblivion?
Whispers of Oblivion is a special three-mission prologue series that has been created to bridge the storyline between Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.

What can we expect from these missions?
In Whispers of Oblivion, players will join Zeratul for the first time since Wings of Liberty to unravel the final piece of the Xel’naga prophecy.

How can I play these new campaign missions?
We will be making Whispers of Oblivion available to all players before the game’s release, but prior to that, we will be providing early access to the Prologue missions with pre-purchase of the game. Look for more details sometime in July.

Mutterscrawl 06-17-2015 06:06 AM

Rohana's corruption is probably inevitable, she's supposed to represent the way the protoss were, and is prejudiced against Terrans/Dark Templar and we all know how Blizz handles nuance.

Omacron 06-17-2015 11:35 AM

James told me Ulrezaj isn't appearing in the game.

Arashi 06-17-2015 11:38 AM

Don't know who that is but im glad he wont be there. You should tell us more about legacy of the dark darkness.

Omacron 06-17-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi (Post 1325326)
Don't know who that is but im glad he wont be there. You should tell us more about legacy of the dark darkness.

James Waugh, LotV's lead writer after Brian Kindregan was moved to the Diablo team.

I worked with him closely on CDev but IIRC I don't think he's ever ever written a game, so I'm curious to see if his style is significantly different from Brian's.

Siegrune 06-17-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1325110)
Rohana's corruption is probably inevitable, she's supposed to represent the way the protoss were, and is prejudiced against Terrans/Dark Templar and we all know how Blizz handles nuance.

We shouldn't lump all of Blizzard together. In SC1, Aldaris was vindicated.

But you're right that it's unsurprising within the context of SC2, where shit is so black-and-white.

Anansi 06-17-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1325323)
James told me Ulrezaj isn't appearing in the game.

Fucking bullshit.

Omacron 06-17-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1325439)
Fucking bullshit.

Dude this isn't news. I asked that question at Blizzcon during the stream and made an ass of myself.

Anansi 06-17-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1325463)
Dude this isn't news. I asked that question at Blizzcon during the stream and made an ass of myself.

Implying I watch Blizzcon.

Siegrune 06-18-2015 03:28 AM

By the way, do the preservers come from the Judicator caste? Or from any caste? Or do they not belong to any caste?

Anansi 06-18-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegrune (Post 1325769)
By the way, do the preservers come from the Judicator caste? Or from any caste? Or do they not belong to any caste?

:frostnova: Durr, what is 'caste?'

handclaw 06-21-2015 12:16 PM

So, a russian site has some screenshots from the mini-campaign. (possibly others, too, but it's the first one I see having them.. : p )

http://glasscannon.ru/2015/06/starcr...s-of-oblivion/

Also, the names of the three missions are:
1. Dark Whispers
2. Evil Awakens
3. Ghosts in the Fog

Genesis 06-23-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handclaw (Post 1327266)
So, a russian site has some screenshots from the mini-campaign. (possibly others, too, but it's the first one I see having them.. : p )

http://glasscannon.ru/2015/06/starcr...s-of-oblivion/

Also, the names of the three missions are:
1. Dark Whispers
2. Evil Awakens
3. Ghosts in the Fog

The trailer looked intriguing. Red-glowy protoss? Kerrigan getting pinned by the hybrid? Artanis looking incredibly prominent?

Kiraser 06-23-2015 01:51 PM

Blizzplanet article have these screenshots too. And some additional ones from the cutscenes.

Mutterscrawl 07-15-2015 11:15 PM

Legacy of the Void Pre-Purchase

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...cy-of-the-void

Quote:

With Jim Raynor working to rebuild the war-torn Terran civilization and Kerrigan and the Zerg swarm missing, the galaxy's only hope rests with the Protoss and their greatest living heroes: Artanis and Zeratul.

Unique Portraits and a New Unit Skin
Unlock three unique Protoss-inspired portraits for StarCraft II and dominate your enemies in style with your new Protoss unit skin.

Pets, Transmogs, Card Backs, Oh My!
Show your love for all things StarCraft II with an Archon pet for World of Warcraft, prepped and ready for battle. The Digital Deluxe also comes with a Protoss-themed card back for Hearthstone and a Probe pet and Protoss transmog for Diablo III.

Void Seeker Mount
Be the most intimidating player in the Nexus with your awe-inspiring Void Seeker Mount. For Aiur!

Lon-ami 07-16-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1336282)

No Collector's Edition? o_O

Gurzog 07-16-2015 10:37 AM

the digital deluxe edition is very very very lackluster You used to get wings for diablo 3 >.> instead of transmog.

Nazja 07-16-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lon-ami (Post 1336413)

Don't they reveal the CE separately because it's not directly sold by Blizzard?

Anyways, I would be sad yet relieved if Blizz stopped selling real CE's.

handclaw 07-16-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lon-ami (Post 1336413)

There is going to be a Collector's Edition. But it is seperate from this pre-purchase programm.

It is mentioned in the blogpost:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/198...hase-7-15-2015

Including a preview of the "Field Manual" that will be included:

Lon-ami 07-16-2015 12:16 PM

Handclaw to the rescue! I left Blizzard after 1 month of D3, and returned brifly for SC2:HotS to find a somewhat lackluster experience... Don't know if I'll give SC2:LotV a chance.

I'm still wondering why the hell they don't create a new program called ARCADE or BATTLE.NET focusing on Galaxy Editor mods, with SC2 as the biggest one, and try to revive the scene. The probably don't give a damn or are just stupid, after all the failures of these last years, so whatever. Goddamn wasted potential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1336417)
Don't they reveal the CE separately because it's not directly sold by Blizzard?

Anyways, I would be sad yet relieved if Blizz stopped selling real CE's.

Why? They're one of the few companies that do CEs right, with decent content and worthy prices.

handclaw 07-16-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lon-ami (Post 1336448)
Handclaw to the rescue! I left Blizzard after 1 month of D3, and returned brifly for SC2:HotS to find a somewhat lackluster experience... Don't know if I'll give SC2:LotV a chance.

I'm still wondering why the hell they don't create a new program called ARCADE or BATTLE.NET focusing on Galaxy Editor mods, with SC2 as the biggest one, and try to revive the scene. The probably don't give a damn or are just stupid, after all the failures of these last years, so whatever. Goddamn wasted potential.

Well, it's not saying much, but apparently they still have plans after the release of LotV: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...he_sc2_summit/

Nazja 07-16-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lon-ami (Post 1336448)
Why? They're one of the few companies that do CEs right, with decent content and worthy prices.

I can't buy CE's whenever I want. I have to buy them while they're still available.

They also take up lots of space. :P

Btw, is there a reward for participating in the beta?

Lon-ami 07-16-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handclaw (Post 1336449)
Well, it's not saying much, but apparently they still have plans after the release of LotV: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...he_sc2_summit/

They took 6 months to add fucking chat channels.

They took 2? years to improve the fucking custom map system to something usable.

They took 3 fucking years to release an expansion.

Fucking zero hope.

Gromak 07-16-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1325052)

That sith Protoss looks badass.

Anansi 07-16-2015 03:35 PM

The rage is returning.