Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc Fun Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=186505)

Omacron 06-10-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 855665)
So Dragon Age III has been delayed an entire year, this is a good sign actually, they're giving BioWare more time to hopefully prevent another Mass Effect 3.

The demonic invasion is wrecking all of Thedas so the main character goes to the White Spire where he meets the Maker, and is given three options: join the fade, become the Maker and control all the demons, destroy the fade along with all demons and also magic users, or merge all spirits and mortals into abominations against their will so that everyone can know peace.

Karyy 06-10-2013 01:50 PM

On the other hand the extra wait will probably mean that DA will get hyped to hell by people and then wonder why it didn't live to their sky high expectations. I'd rather they take the time they need though, and not be like D3/ME3.

HalfElfDragon 06-10-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 855665)
So Dragon Age III has been delayed an entire year, this is a good sign actually, they're giving BioWare more time to hopefully prevent another Mass Effect 3.

I'm not sure that all the time in the world could've "prevented" the reception of Mass Effect 3's ending.

Fojar 06-10-2013 01:53 PM

So do we finally have a game with the balls to depict a war between China and the US like everyone wants?

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozdormu (Post 855588)
Meh, Halo died when Bungie left.

Halo 4 was superior in almost every way.

Omacron 06-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon (Post 855684)
I'm not sure that all the time in the world could've "prevented" the reception of Mass Effect 3's ending.

The secret scuttlebutt I heard was that in a roundabout way TOR ruined ME3's ending.

Basically, the head writer of the first two games, Drew Karpyshyn, had a plot for ME3 where it was going to tie in with the "Dark energy" that was causing the sun to die in Tali's recruitment level in ME2, with the reapers somehow being able to hold dark energy back at the cost of constantly culling advanced species. Thing is, Bioware is located in Edmonton which is from what I've heard from a lot of former Bioware employees, a pretty shitty city. It's a one horse town that gets miserably cold and there's nothing really to do. When the opportunity to move to Austin to work on TOR came up a significant amount of Bioware's staff jumped at the call to move to what is, comparable, a real fucking city, Drew being one of them. So the reins were given to Casey Hudson who's kind of a pretentious ass and he rewrote the ending (but not much else of the game) all by himself without input from the rest of the team, and that's what gave us that ending. It had nothing to do with a rushed timetable.

SmokeBlader 06-10-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fojar (Post 855687)
So do we finally have a game with the balls to depict a war between China and the US like everyone wants?

I expect the Chinese to be portrayed as baby eaters and Americans as saviors of the world. And they take way too long showing off this game. Not impressive at all.

OMG MIRRORS EDGE!

Fojar 06-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 855691)
I expect the Chinese to be portrayed as baby eaters and Americans as saviors of the world. And they take way too long showing off this game. Not impressive at all.

OMG MIRRORS EDGE!

I actually can't think of a mainstream modern war game where it's been portrayed that black and white.

Ardeiute 06-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 855688)
Halo 4 was superior in almost every way.

To me, if I didn't already know another studio had taken over, I wouldn't had been able to tell. It still felt just like the Halo that I had loved for 11 years (Not counting ODST...can we forget that one exists?).

Karyy 06-10-2013 01:59 PM

"Coming... When it's ready."

I laughed.

Arashi 06-10-2013 02:00 PM

That dragon age thing reminded me too much of Warcraft 3.

From what i hear Bioware is only good at sex and nothing else.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 02:01 PM

DA3 open world. That's two. Falric was present. Boss. New hero? Don't know. Morrigan is win.

Gortrash 06-10-2013 02:03 PM

Whelp, despite EA showing so much stuff, most of it was either boring, disappointing or didn't show enough. I was really hoping we'll see more of DA3 but alas. Oh well, Ubisoft's conference is in less than an hour. :P

Insane Guy of Doom 06-10-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi (Post 855701)
That dragon age thing reminded me too much of Warcraft 3.

From what i hear Bioware is only good at sex and nothing else.

I've always thought Bioware's biggest strength was their characters; they can create AI companions that people actually care about, sometimes to a disturbing degree coughTalimancerscough. In Skyrim, for example, I hated how your companions were just mobs with some occasional dialogue and no personality to them.

Fojar 06-10-2013 02:07 PM

I'm a bit disappointed about it being delayed a year, since I was all gunned up for a November release, but I'm fine with another year of polish.

Erthad 06-10-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardeiute (Post 855695)
To me, if I didn't already know another studio had taken over, I wouldn't had been able to tell. It still felt just like the Halo that I had loved for 11 years (Not counting ODST...can we forget that one exists?).

The fuck is wrong with you. ODST was awesome.

Ardeiute 06-10-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthad (Post 855724)
The fuck is wrong with you. ODST was awesome.

I don't remember what it was that I couldn't stand, but it is one of the only games that I took back very quickly after playing it a few hours.

Ku'ja 06-10-2013 02:13 PM

Lets see if Ubisoft can beat last year when they destroyed every other press conference !

Fojar 06-10-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 855730)
Lets see if Ubisoft can beat last year when they destroyed every other press conference !

Ubisoft didn't have much competition last year.

http://cdn.unrealitymag.com/wp-conte...2012/06/e3.gif

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 02:27 PM

It appears I was the only one here convinced to buy an Xbox One? I buy all consoles at release anyway, that's not the point. The point is Titanfall!

Ku'ja 06-10-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fojar (Post 855743)
Ubisoft didn't have much competition last year.

http://cdn.unrealitymag.com/wp-conte...2012/06/e3.gif

We say that now but at the time it was unexpected.. Stuff like Halo 4 was being shown for the first time (gameplay) and tons of awesome stuff at Sony etc.

God i love E3 even if its meant to be absolute shit if you actually travel there to attend :D. I cannot wait to stream the shit out of my Battlefield 4 and get a ton of shit of randomers off the internet but there is something huge ... Twitch with Microsoft will be huge for ESports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragemantle (Post 855748)
It appears I was the only one here convinced to buy an Xbox One? I buy all consoles at release anyway, that's not the point. The point is Titanfall!

I never wanted one for the obvious problems but the games have convinced me otherwise but i do expect to be on the Ps4 a lot more with everyone gravitating to that.

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 02:31 PM

I never realized how much I would miss G4TV until this years E3. I was used to having E3 floor coverage on my TV alllll week.

Quote:

I never wanted one for the obvious problems but the games have convinced me otherwise but i do expect to be on the Ps4 a lot more with everyone gravitating to that.
Microsoft open with Metal Gear, it's almost mandatory that I buy Xbox One just because they did that for me <3.

Still buying all Metal Gears for Playstation, because loyalty!

Arashi 06-10-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Couldn't you just play mech warrior or Hawken?

I mean the thing is 500 bucks.

Garotar 06-10-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Watch the trailer. Meh.

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garotar (Post 855759)
Watch the trailer. Meh.

I did watch the trailer, lots of times. I think, or hope rather, they will make a multiplayer as fun as CoD4 was. The only question I have, is can I equip my titan with truck nuts, for the epic mech T bagging.