Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Gromak 05-05-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1118808)
Unless things have changed, isn't he talking about Drek'thar giving his life to save the Fury? Unless it was that Drek'thar is alive but the Fury is within him, but I thought it was him giving his life. Either way, it is similar to how Velen gives his life to change that Void Goddess into K'ara in SMV.

In the stream in which that one guy played through Frostfire Drek'thar was still alive at the end of the zone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1118810)
Blizz seems to have gone from killing off leaders to killing off random minor lore characters we never GOT to care about.

Problem is they aren't killing some random guys, but the characters with the most potential. Saurfang, Nazgrim, Liam etc.

Still, bringing Ariok back so he can die so early smells really fishy to me, especially as he "dies" by blowing a bridge up in a zone we will revisit at/near max level. That's just a perfect setup to bring him unexpectedly back.

Kiraser 05-05-2014 09:16 AM

There's no need to use spoilers in the thread which basically revolves around them.

Nazja 05-05-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1118831)
There's no need to use spoilers in the thread which basically revolves around them.

Ogre rogues are secretive like that. 😝

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 09:17 AM

no one else cares but i'm happy to see that restalaan plays at least a role in talador - the new quests say you help kill the shadow council in telmor and then go with him to somewhere called "retribution point" to help kill more of 'em

Xarthat 05-05-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1118828)
Still, bringing Ariok back so he can die so early smells really fishy to me, especially as he "dies" by blowing a bridge up in a zone we will revisit at/near max level. That's just a perfect setup to bring him unexpectedly back.

If there's anything you can trust Blizzard with, it's wasting potential for great story.

Gromak 05-05-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118832)

What ogre rogue? I only see a tree.

Yaskaleh 05-05-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirnheim (Post 1118833)
no one else cares but i'm happy to see that restalaan plays at least a role in talador - the new quests say you help kill the shadow council in telmor and then go with him to somewhere called "retribution point" to help kill more of 'em

Will be great to meet brostalaan.

Kiraser 05-05-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118832)

It's a funny coincidence.

Quote:

There's a possibility that he'll die protecting the city just like his MU counterpart.

RikuEru 05-05-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1118828)

Problem is they aren't killing some random guys, but the characters with the most potential. Saurfang, Nazgrim, Liam etc.

That's exactly what I meant.
The unfinished Text with the Dev-Note just smells fishy.
This is such a huge setup for a Gandalf-esque "death at the hands of the balrog on a bridge" and later on "unexpected respawn" scene.

...how, when and where we'll see him again is written in a completly different chapter.
Going by the things we saw in Tanaan the Iron Horde has a equivalent to the Hellfire Citadel. Maybe he got caught and became a slave? Or an experiment (dire-orc)?

Or - further playing with the Rambo reference, but on a more serious note - Ariok (and John J. Keeshan) ran into the huge jungle of Tanaan, after they ensured our save escape.
In the time we saved the Frostwolves/Karabori, fought through the Spires, Gorgrond, Talador and Nagrand, the two of them were able to rescue a handful of other captives from the Iron Horde.
Together they were able to survive in a little, hidden camp and fight the Iron Horde as good as they could, until the player and his forces finally arrive.

I would love if the way 'we' fight and the tactics involved, differ a bit between the zones. That way different races/units in the Alliance and Horde could shine and take their spotlight.

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1118837)
It's a funny coincidence.

There's a possibility that he'll die protecting the city just like his MU counterpart.

can't be; you meet with him at retribution point after defending telmor, if I understand the quests right

Gurzog 05-05-2014 09:34 AM

Talador questing seems to go something like this

KILL IRON HORDE/ ARRAKKOA GET TO THE CHOPPER(shredder) DESTROY THE CHOPPER (Iron Horde Shredder) KILL DRAX (the AU (I tihnk?) arnold orc from lost isles) KILL ORCS to get book pages, BUILD THE CHOPPER, KILL the mother of the chopper (dafuq?) KILL ORCS WITH THE CHOPPER (about 100) and then Battle for Shattrath, then you "Clean up" around auchindoun after what happened at shattrath. by killing Demons and what not Dunno wtf happens at Shattrath though.'

The whole Ariok going gandalf sounds likely, or well More that he goes Vol'jin. sort of. That would be nice.

Quirnheim 05-05-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Speak to Restalaan at Retribution Point.
Description

It is time to retaliate against this foe. Meet me at Retribution Point and we will take this fight to the Shadow Council.

Teron'gor shall not feast on another soul so long as we stand in his way! His reign of terror ends today.
next part takes place in ango'rosh ruins or something

Ujimasa Hojo 05-05-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowtide (Post 1118873)
Fat rogues are best rogues.

They're so overt, it's covert.

Vineyard 05-05-2014 12:43 PM

I also have to remind you, that a certain Ninja Pandaren also originally died during a Beta Quest. WiP, this is all I say.

neoshadow 05-05-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vineyard (Post 1118935)
I also have to remind you, that a certain Ninja Pandaren also originally died during a Beta Quest. WiP, this is all I say.

...oh yeah...dammit.

Westlee 05-05-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Azula Panda saved by the power of fans!

Gurzog 05-05-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Chen?

Vineyard 05-05-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118942)
Chen?

Taran Zhu. In the beta, he originally sacrificed himself at the end of the Sha of Hatred questline.

Nazja 05-05-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1118942)
Chen?

Doesn't ninja fit he-who-is-hated better? 😅

neoshadow 05-05-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlee (Post 1118940)
Azula Panda saved by the power of fans!

taochi is best panda.

CosmicGuitars 05-05-2014 01:01 PM

An age-old Warcraft lesson: If we don't see them die, they're not dead. And even if we do, they're probably not dead.

Gurzog 05-05-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1118947)
Doesn't ninja fit he-who-is-hated better? 😅

I had forgotten about the entirety of Shado-pan in my defense.

Reignac 05-05-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

I care!

Vineyard 05-05-2014 01:55 PM

I too. He was an awesome character in RoTH. Glad he gets a second chance.

CosmicGuitars 05-05-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Maybe he'll survive and come to MU Azeroth with us.

I can dream, right? :sweatdrop