Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Drusus 04-15-2014 08:45 AM

Somebody on the story team probably just never got around to reminding the designers about Wrathy's plot point.

Give it a couple of weeks and we'll blue a CDev response with "ERR, UM, WELL, ERR, MAYBE HE DIDN'T GET THEM ALL?!"

Kiraser 04-15-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102938)
is it a confirmed dragon? perhaps its just a orc that pretty wild.

Defeat Kyrak - Defeat Kyrak and his Drakonid Monstrosities

At the very least, there are drakonid out there. Anyway, the name sounds quite draconic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drusus (Post 1102940)
Give it a couple of weeks and we'll blue a CDev response with "ERR, UM, WELL, ERR, MAYBE HE DIDN'T GET THEM ALL?!"

It's already happened,if I'm not mistaken.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 08:49 AM

idea : guy tried to fuse himself with a dragon by using maloriaks leftover stuff? there was the whole lab of stuff up there.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102942)
idea : guy tried to fuse himself with a dragon by using maloriaks leftover stuff? there was the whole lab of stuff up there.

Orcs love drinking blood of various demons and Old Gods. So it seems possible.

Crazyterran 04-15-2014 09:09 AM

So, if you get a choice of zones to put your garrison in, which zone will you put your Garrison?

I'm torn between Gorgrond for the raid, or Tanaan (or whatever the jungle is called) in hopes that it's in the same spot as Honor Hold.

Eelgrin 04-15-2014 09:13 AM

I can't find it now, but I recently saw a list of dungeon achievements from alpha that described the final fight of UBRS as including drakonids.

Edit: That's it, Kiraser.

DerpiusMaximus 04-15-2014 09:33 AM

I remember from one of the streams there was a Bronze Dragon corpse and a 'tower of time' or something in Frostfire.

Could the dragons and drakenoids be a splinter of the Bronze Dragonflight following Kairoz around?

putino 04-15-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102876)
so like the scenario style bonus stuff?

This is what I understood as well. Side quests will continue to exist, they're only adding bonus style quests without text like "kill xx ogres" or "take xx items" while you're doing a quest for the main chain or for a side quest.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 09:49 AM

Yes! Atleast I didn't get a straight no.

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/456111365770330112

And the fact that both Frostfire and Shadowmoon Valley will contain max level content is interesting, too.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus (Post 1102977)
Could the dragons and drakenoids be a splinter of the Bronze Dragonflight following Kairoz around?

It's highly unlikely. But we will encounter some bronze dragons in Draenor, that's for sure. I guess, that they will arrive on Draenor to kill Kairoz and fix the timilines.

Insipid_Lobster 04-15-2014 10:27 AM

This reminds me, is there a specific reason the arena emblems and guild emblems aren't shared? I mean, the arena ones look much, much better in comparison to the small pool of guild emblems you get.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster (Post 1103023)
This reminds me, is there a specific reason the arena emblems and guild emblems aren't shared? I mean, the arena ones look much, much better in comparison to the small pool of guild emblems you get.

I think they answered this some time ago. If I remember correctly it is because of how the tabards work and were implemented back in the day. The tabards (not only guild tabards) as a whole are, as anyone can see, mirrored in the middle.

Maybe/hopefully/with a bit of luck, they get reworked, too, with the new models - or atleast shortly afterwards?

Insipid_Lobster 04-15-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1103030)
I think they answered this some time ago. If I remember correctly it is because of how the tabards work and were implemented back in the day. The tabards (not only guild tabards) as a whole are, as anyone can see, mirrored in the middle.

Maybe/hopefully/with a bit of luck, they get reworked, too, with the new models - or atleast shortly afterwards?

Fingers crossed, eh?

Although, over time I think they will end up being re-done along with racial mounts.

Dawnfeld 04-15-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyterran (Post 1102951)
So, if you get a choice of zones to put your garrison in, which zone will you put your Garrison?

I'm torn between Gorgrond for the raid, or Tanaan (or whatever the jungle is called) in hopes that it's in the same spot as Honor Hold.

I'm thinking either Talador or Nagrand, not sure yet. Somewhere where it's not night and where I can pass it off as being ICly somewhere on Azeroth for the sake of RP :kawaii:

Nazja 04-15-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnfeld (Post 1103050)
I'm thinking either Talador or Nagrand, not sure yet. Somewhere where it's not night and where I can pass it off as being ICly somewhere on Azeroth for the sake of RP :kawaii:

Same. Shadowmoon is beautiful, but I'd probably get annoyed by the night after some time.

Skullcrusha 04-15-2014 11:14 AM

Gorgrond always.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 11:19 AM

Hard question.

For my bloodelf paladin? Probably Talador.
For my orcs? Probably Gorgrond OR Nagrand.
The human paladin I'm leveling JUST for WoD and the garrison? Can't decide. Someplace where the Alliance garrison overlooks a wide field, with a Iron Horde base in the distance. Something heroic.

Gurzog 04-15-2014 11:24 AM

I wonder if UBRS will be the RFC of Warlords :P

as for the garrison question: Talador, Nagrand or Gorgrond, I want it to be vs the Iron horde and other creatures, and these fits the most.

Niars 04-15-2014 11:25 AM

Tell me more about these tanks, Gurziebaby.

Gurzog 04-15-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niars (Post 1103063)
Tell me more about these tanks, Gurziebaby.

They said on the interview that there was a siege weapon machine building you could have and it would grant you A siege tank for the zone to run around in, but it was a choice of Barracks (Bombardment) and Stables (but i don't think the choice is linked to both of those alone) stables grants cavalry... It would be fun to have something like this in Ashran I guess.

Skullcrusha 04-15-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1103064)
They said on the interview that there was a siege weapon machine building you could have and it would grant you A siege tank for the zone to run around in, but it was a choice of Barracks (Bombardment) and Stables (but i don't think the choice is linked to both of those alone) stables grants cavalry... It would be fun to have something like this in Ashran I guess.

That...I missed. That sounds pretty awesome.

Warlock 04-15-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102884)
how the hell is ubrs not linear?

"Hey guys, I fell off the bridge before the last boss and there is like, this whole other dungeon down here!" :P

Nazja 04-15-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niars (Post 1103063)
Gurziebaby.

I approve.

Aneurysm 04-15-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 1103073)
"Hey guys, I fell off the bridge before the last boss and there is like, this whole other dungeon down here!" :P

That's LBRS, which is slightly less linear than the upper tier. You progress very linearly through UBRS.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 12:19 PM

lbrs is way cooler then ubrs. it has a troll town.