Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Nazja 04-15-2014 12:23 PM

Never been in either, if you ignore the time I got the Jenkins title. Like Yaki said, it's almost impossible to get 'em with the group finder.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 12:29 PM

All raids and instances from the Blackrock Mountain should be united into one single raid. Because reasons.

Insipid_Lobster 04-15-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1103064)
They said on the interview that there was a siege weapon machine building you could have and it would grant you A siege tank for the zone to run around in, but it was a choice of Barracks (Bombardment) and Stables (but i don't think the choice is linked to both of those alone) stables grants cavalry... It would be fun to have something like this in Ashran I guess.

Wa-wa-wee-wa!

The hype train is accelerating.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 12:32 PM

bombardment? Can I have a type that shoots me to where I click on the map? And equips a cowboy hat?

RikuEru 04-15-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1103126)
bombardment? Can I have a type that shoots me to where I click on the map? And equips a cowboy hat?

Going by the Boost to 90 trailer, Terran Gregory's avatar picture on twitter AND his jokes... I can TOTALLY see that one happening.

Maybe with the cannontower on the blacksmith for alliance (a la SC, the dropping marines) and maybe a railed slingshot (like a glaivethrower) for the horde? :D

Genesis 04-15-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1103064)
They said on the interview that there was a siege weapon machine building you could have and it would grant you A siege tank for the zone to run around in, but it was a choice of Barracks (Bombardment) and Stables (but i don't think the choice is linked to both of those alone) stables grants cavalry... It would be fun to have something like this in Ashran I guess.

Bombardment it is for my Gilnean.

Reignac 04-15-2014 01:05 PM

Make your choice!

Buildings
A garrison is made up of plots, which are filled by buildings.

You can't have every building at once, as you are limited by the number of plots.
Each building has a base level and two possible upgrades.
There are buildings for almost every profession, which allow you to gather reagents daily and make some of that profession's items.
The base level profession building only can hold one day's worth of reagents, so you have to collect them every day. As you upgrade, the building can hold two and then four days worth of reagent batches.
Each building has specializations, which gives you some kind of perk, such as portals, more reagents, or buffs to followers.
Each building sits on a different plot size, with Profession buildings requiring small plots. The Mine, Fishing Hut, Farm, and Pet Menagerie are listed as unique plot types.

Alchemy Lab (Small)
The Alchemy Lab creates a variety of reagents and interesting Alchemical wonders.
GarrBuilding #76 - Generates a batch of Alchemy reagents daily, and allows production of Alchemical items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #119 - Alchemy Lab - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Alchemy reagents.
GarrBuilding #120 - Alchemy Lab - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Armory (Large)
The Armory stores and maintains the armaments used by the Garrison's inhabitants.
GarrBuilding #10 - Armory - Unlocks Specializations.
GarrBuilding #8 - Armory - Increases the item level of all followers by 1 and grants access to new defense missions.
GarrBuilding #9 - Armory - Provides access to Upgrade! Mission bonus.

Barn (Medium)
The Barn houses the animals that provide the Garrison with leather, meat, and cloth.
GarrBuilding #24 - Produces leather, meat, cloth, and grants access to new provision missions.
GarrBuilding #25 - Now stores up to two days of agricultural goods.
GarrBuilding #133 - Unlocks Specializations, and capacity increases to four days of agricultural goods.

Barracks (Large)
The Barracks houses your garrison's military forces and followers.
GarrBuilding #26 - Increases maximum number of followers and unlocks new patrol missions.
GarrBuilding #27 - Increases maximum number of followers, and provides access to Leadership mission bonus.
GarrBuilding #28 - Increases maximum number of Followers, and unlocks Specializations.

Enchanter's Study (Small)
The Enchanter's Study creates both the magical precursors that form an enchantment, as well as completed and usable item enchantments.
GarrBuilding #93 - Generates a batch of Enchanting components daily, and allows production of Enchantments. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #125 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Enchanting components.
GarrBuilding #126 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Engineering Works (Small)
The Engineering Works produces a host of useful gizmos and parts for the intepid tinkerer, and also creates wondrous mechanical devices.
GarrBuilding #91 - Generates a batch of Engineering parts daily, and allows production of mechanical items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #123 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Engineering parts.
GarrBuilding #124 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Fishing Shack
The Fishing Shack provides bait, tackle, and support to those looking for their next big catch.
GarrBuilding #64 - Provides a Fishing merchant and access to new daily Fishing quests.
GarrBuilding #134 - Increases the number of daily Fishing quests to 3.
GarrBuilding #135 - Increases the number of daily Fishing quests to 5.

Gem Boutique (Small)
Generates a batch of Jewelcrafting components daily, and allows production of Jewelry.
GarrBuilding #96 - The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #131 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Jewelcrafting components.
GarrBuilding #132 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Herb Garden (Farm)
A bountiful garden for the planting and harvesting of Draenor herbs.
GarrBuilding #29 - Grow and harvest useful herbs in a small garden.
GarrBuilding #136 - Grow more herbs within an expanded garden.
GarrBuilding #137 - Grow even more herbs with the largest garden possible within the Garrison.

Inn (Medium)
The Inn attracts all manners of talented individuals looking for work from across Draenor.
GarrBuilding #34 - Recruit new followers and grants access to new recruiting missions.
GarrBuilding #35 - Provides access to the Kitchen with a Cooking tradeskill merchant.
GarrBuilding #36 - Unlocks Specializations.

Lumber Mill (Medium)
The Lumber Mill provides Material to assist with the building and upgrading of the Garrison.
GarrBuilding #40 - Generates a daily shipment of Material, but the Mill can store at most one shipment at a time. New shipments are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #41 - Now stores up to two shipments of Material.
GarrBuilding #138 - Unlocks Specializations, and Material capacity increases to a maximum of four daily shipments.

Mage Tower (Large)
The Mage Tower's arcane researchers search across Draenor for new useful magic for the Garrison.
GarrBuilding #37 - Provides access to new mission bonuses and research missions.
GarrBuilding #38 - Provides access to more new mission bonuses.
GarrBuilding #39 - Unlocks Specializations.

Menagerie
The Menagerie provides new opportunities to develop and enhance your pet retinue.
GarrBuilding #42 -Provides new pet options and unlocks pet missions

Mine (Mine)
The Mine was once abandoned, but there are still underground riches ready to be discovered.
GarrBuilding #61 - Creates a shipment of ore once per day and Mining Nodes are available inside.
GarrBuilding #62 - A new mineshaft allows access to additional mining nodes, and the Mine can now store a maximum of two daily ore shipments.
GarrBuilding #63 - A final mineshaft allows access to rich mining nodes, and ore storage capacity expands to a maximum of four daily ore shipments.

Salvage Yard (Small)
The Salvage Yard turns other people's trash into your treasure.
GarrBuilding #52 - Transmutes Salvage into Material, and enables new Salvage missions.
GarrBuilding #140 - Enables transmutation of Material to Gold.
GarrBuilding #141 - Unlocks Specializations.

Scribe's Quarters (Small)
The Scribe's Office produces all manners of magical inks, pigments, and paper, and can also create Glyphs and other magical items.
GarrBuilding #95 - Generates a batch of Inscription reagents daily, and allows production of Glyphs and other inscribed items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #129 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Inscription reagents.
GarrBuilding #130 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Sparring Arena (Medium)
GarrBuilding #159 - Sparring Arena
GarrBuilding #160 - Sparring Arena
GarrBuilding #161 - Sparring Arena

Stables (Large)
The Stables provide for the care of mounts and pack animals, which are used to help travel across Draenor.
GarrBuilding #65 - Reduces mission travel time by 25% and grants access to new exploration missions.
GarrBuilding #66 - Increase player mounted speed in Draenor and provides access to Pack Animal Mission bonus.
GarrBuilding #67 - Unlocks Specializations.

Storehouse (Small)
The Storehouse has room to keep your and the garrison's items safe and secure.
GarrBuilding #51 - Enables new Logistics missions, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 1.
GarrBuilding #142 - Enables access to your personal bank, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 2.
GarrBuilding #143 - Unlocks Specializations, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 3.

Tailoring Emporium (Small)
GarrBuilding #94 - Generates a batch of Tailoring components daily, and allows production of tailored items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #127 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Tailoring components.
GarrBuilding #128 -Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

The Forge (Small)
The Forge produces both basic components for use by Blacksmiths, as well as armor and weapons ready for battle.
GarrBuilding #60 - Generates a batch of Blacksmithing components daily, and allows production of forged items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #117 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Blacksmithing components.
GarrBuilding #118 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

The Tannery (Small)
GarrBuilding #90 - Generates a batch of Leatherworking components daily, and allows production of leatherworked items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #121 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Leatherworking components.
GarrBuilding #122 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Trading Post (Medium)
The Trading Post is the Garrison's center of commerce with the natives of Draenor.
GarrBuilding #111 - Opens a new trading route and grants access to new trading missions.
GarrBuilding #144 - Opens an additional trade route.
GarrBuilding #145 - Unlocks Specializations.

Workshop (Large)
GarrBuilding #162 - Workshop
GarrBuilding #163 - Workshop
GarrBuilding #164 - Workshop

Building Specializations
GarrSpecialization #11 - Blackrock Mining Cart - Grants a chance to discover Blackrock Mining Carts full of extra ore.
GarrSpecialization #12 - Orchard - Plant an orchard in your garrison that will produce rare fruit.
GarrSpecialization #13 - Exquisite Skinning Knife - Increases the hourly skin gathering rate by 10%.
GarrSpecialization #2 - Show Posts - Enables you to stable five more mounts at the stable for public display.
GarrSpecialization #22 - Gemfinding - Mining nodes in your garrison mine have a chance to produce rare gems.
GarrSpecialization #23 - Mass Teleport - Removes travel time for the first misison every day that requres 5 followers.
GarrSpecialization #24 - City Travel - Provides access to portals that grant transport to cities other than Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
GarrSpecialization #25 - Mechanical Picker - Automates harvesting of herbs from the garden.
GarrSpecialization #3 - Mount Trader - A rare mount trader has taken up shop at your garrison stables building.
GarrSpecialization #7 - Recall Portal - Allows you to abort a current mission and immediately bring followers back.
GarrSpecialization #8 - Headhunter - Recruit a random follower with a specific Trait, Ability or Role for 10 Material.
GarrSpecialization #9 - Blackrock Chef - Enables access to garrison cooking dailies.

Automatic herb picker and rare mount vendor sound awesome.

Warlock 04-15-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurysm (Post 1103101)
That's LBRS, which is slightly less linear than the upper tier. You progress very linearly through UBRS.

I know, I was joking that falling off the bridge was a "non-linear" path through UBRS :P

Reignac 04-15-2014 01:29 PM

Official and Garrisoning aren't capitalized in the title and it's annoying my OCD :(

RikuEru 04-15-2014 01:35 PM

New screenshot of the day!

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/...0005-large.jpg

Erthad 04-15-2014 01:42 PM

How many slots do you get for each size for garrisons?

JorgeAxe 04-15-2014 01:46 PM

Where's the tweet talking about NPC races for Garrisons? That I think is pretty cool.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1103205)
New screenshot of the day!

WoD screenshots as screenshots of the day at battle.net! Finally! :kawaii:

Reignac 04-15-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthad (Post 1103213)
How many slots do you get for each size for garrisons?

Oh I must not have copypasted that, it was on MMOChamp too. Sorry:

Level 1 - 2 Small Plots, 1 Medium Plot, 1 Large Plot, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 2 - 3 Small Plots, 2 Medium Plots, 2 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 3 - 4 Small Plots, 3 Medium Plots, 3 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut

Arakiba 04-15-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reignac (Post 1103230)
Oh I must not have copypasted that, it was on MMOChamp too. Sorry:

Level 1 - 2 Small Plots, 1 Medium Plot, 1 Large Plot, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 2 - 3 Small Plots, 2 Medium Plots, 2 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 3 - 4 Small Plots, 3 Medium Plots, 3 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut

Hm. So when you max things out at level 3, you'll have to choose:

-4 of the following: Alchemy Lab, Enchanter's Study, Engineering Works, Gem Boutique, Salvage Yard, Scribe's Quarters, Storehouse, Tailoring Emporium, Forge, and Tannery.
-3 of the following: Barn, Inn, Lumber Mill, Sparring Arena, and Trading Post.
-3 of the following: Armory, Barracks, Mage Tower, Stables, and Workshop.

Going to have to make some hard choices for these, especially the large ones.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 02:16 PM

Well... I noticed something, going through the 68 screenshots of the day...
Please open these in different tabs.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

All of them show the 'scarred' moon atleast partially.
Now compare the pictures, especially the position of the 'scars'/canyons and the two craters 'north' of them.

DOES THE FRICKIN' MOON OF DRAENOR, NOT ONLY CHANGE POSITION OVER THE DAY, BUT ACTUALLY TURN!?

It's especially visible in 5, 6 and 7.

I'm... amazed.

(Edit: And, now reviewing them, the little moon upleft of the scarred one seems to turn, too. The 'fogs'/clouds on it change position on the 5th, 6th and 7th picture.)

Crazyterran 04-15-2014 02:19 PM

My Paladin's Garrison (from the information we have):

Large: Armory, Barracks, Stables - unless the Workshop is something amazing.

Medium: Inn, Lumber Mill (untill I'm stockpiled to the point I don't need it), Sparring Arena

Small: Enchanters Study, Forge, Salvage Yard, Gem Boutique

Warlock 04-15-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1103245)
Hm. So when you max things out at level 3, you'll have to choose:

-4 of the following: Alchemy Lab, Enchanter's Study, Engineering Works, Gem Boutique, Salvage Yard, Scribe's Quarters, Storehouse, Tailoring Emporium, Forge, and Tannery.
-3 of the following: Barn, Inn, Lumber Mill, Sparring Arena, and Trading Post.
-3 of the following: Armory, Barracks, Mage Tower, Stables, and Workshop.

Going to have to make some hard choices for these, especially the large ones.

So the way I'm reading this is you pick your two professions + two more (for small plots). Since it sounds like you wouldn't not want to have the buildings for your professions (as you lose out on recipes and of course, free, easy to get mats).

Wonder what the Sparring Arena is. Sounds sort of like Brawler's Guild from the name.

Edit: Is there any situation where you would not want the Barracks? More followers = better, right?

Edit 2: Also Stables seems very min/max-y. You could fit more missions in with that, which yields more goodies.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 02:34 PM

*shakes Warlock and Crazyterran*
Look at the pictures! Look at the moon!
IS IT TURNING OR AM I MAD FINALLY?!?!

Warlock 04-15-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1103280)
*shakes Warlock and Crazyterran*
Look at the pictures! Look at the moon!
IS IT TURNING OR AM I MAD FINALLY?!?!

I am at work, all that shit is blocked here

Gurzog 04-15-2014 02:35 PM

For large ones I have already decided 2, Workshop and Stables.

Arakiba 04-15-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 1103273)
So the way I'm reading this is you pick your two professions + two more (for small plots). Since it sounds like you wouldn't not want to have the buildings for your professions (as you lose out on recipes and of course, free, easy to get mats).

Wonder what the Sparring Arena is. Sounds sort of like Brawler's Guild from the name.

Edit: Is there any situation where you would not want the Barracks? More followers = better, right?

That's how it looks to me. Small ones aren't all that difficult to choose from.

For me, it'll be the large ones that cause me some difficulty, at least for my main (a mage). I have no choice but to choose the mage tower for one (I mean, seriously, a mage who has a chance for their own tower and doesn't go for it...turn in your cloak), so that's one down. Then I figure stables, since I like the idea of increased mount speed (wonder if it stacks with other boosts, though. If not, then pass). That leaves me with either armory or barracks.

I think the boost the armory may give could be good, and it depends on what sort of rewards you get for the upgrades/defense missions as opposed to the patrol/leadership ones.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 1103281)
I am at work, all that shit is blocked here

Damn. *lets Warlock down*

*grabs Gurziebaby and Arakiba*
YOU! Look at the moon! Do you see it turn, too?!
Tell me!

Warlock 04-15-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1103290)
That's how it looks to me. Small ones aren't all that difficult to choose from.

For me, it'll be the large ones that cause me some difficulty, at least for my main (a mage). I have no choice but to choose the mage tower for one (I mean, seriously, a mage who has a chance for their own tower and doesn't go for it...turn in your cloak), so that's one down. Then I figure stables, since I like the idea of increased mount speed (wonder if it stacks with other boosts, though. If not, then pass). That leaves me with either armory or barracks.

I think the boost the armory may give could be good, and it depends on what sort of rewards you get for the upgrades/defense missions as opposed to the patrol/leadership ones.

I can't quite tell what the mage tower does. But "Research missions" suggests maybe you can obtain new recipes? Because that would make it a must IMO.

Edit: I also wonder why the Mine & Farm are "free" (i.e. don't take up a plot), but the Barn is not, which is basically "fuck you Leatherworkers and Tailors" IMO.... Also it seems semi-mandatory for the cooking meats (at least for raiders)

Arakiba 04-15-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1103293)
Damn. *lets Warlock down*

*grabs Gurziebaby and Arakiba*
YOU! Look at the moon! Do you see it turn, too?!
Tell me!

You certainly are excited, aren't you? Heh.

Looking through them, it certainly could be the case. It does look different from angles. At first I thought it may just appear different depending on the zone but as some of them are from the same zone, that isn't the case.

edit: Could be the case Warlock. I'm also really curious what all the specializations will be. That could make one choice a lot better, too.