Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

Gurzog 04-24-2014 10:31 AM

Dragonmaw orcs are the hyperion/Superman orcs. Their eyes glow because they are special. They can smith with their eyes.

putino 04-24-2014 10:34 AM

Well this is interesting, from Marlamin on MMO-Champion:

Quote:

Today, 05:01 PM #24944
Marlamin
Fluffy Kitten
Plot twist!

Turns out that the TrollRaid2 map DOES contain Tarren Mill and Southshore! Due to a giant error on our part that's been fixed we literally missed half of the map.

This is the FULL map. Our apologies.
The map does include both Tarren Mill and Southshore pre-Cataclysm, and even Stromgarde is in sight. It would be really interesting if they're planning to do something in the old (AU version maybe?) Lordaeron. But it's only speculation atm.

Krakhed 04-24-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1110083)

The map does include both Tarren Mill and Southshore pre-Cataclysm, and even Stromgarde is in sight. It would be really interesting if they're planning to do something in the old (AU version maybe?) Lordaeron. But it's only speculation atm.

Clearly...

Alt!Azeroth is ruled by Trolls.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cemotucu (Post 1110075)
I know the eyes weren't there. But they can say they were always there, after all.

They could say that, but it would serve no narrative purpose.

putino 04-24-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krakhed (Post 1110086)
Clearly...

Alt!Azeroth is ruled by Trolls.

The name is clearly a fake, the map could be a base for something else instead. This is what I meant.

Ku'ja 04-24-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1110089)
The name is clearly a fake, the map could be a base for something else instead. This is what I meant.

Well Sylvanas has a major part in the upcoming book ;).

Holy shit! There is a addon called Routes.. i feel like i have found the secret to the world after all this time.

RikuEru 04-24-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Nope. That is NOT the Vanilla Hillsbrad, but it's the Caverns of Time Hillsbrad Version. (Red Tarren Mill Roofs, Dalaran is flat/has no bubble, Cavern entrance visible).

Interesting to see none the less. Let's wait and see what Blizzard does with this thing.

Gurzog 04-24-2014 10:47 AM

Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Troll raid in patch 6.0, and what you've seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the Alpha/Beta/PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to trolls in production. That's not to say it's a location we'll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 6.0, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.

source

:)

Ujimasa Hojo 04-24-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1110094)
Nope. That is NOT the Vanilla Hillsbrad, but it's the Caverns of Time Hillsbrad Version. (Red Tarren Mill Roofs, Dalaran is flat/has no bubble, Cavern entrance visible).

Interesting to see none the less. Let's wait and see what Blizzard does with this thing.

People shouldn't get their hopes too high though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1110095)
Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Troll raid in patch 6.0, and what you've seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the Alpha/Beta/PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to trolls in production. That's not to say it's a location we'll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 6.0, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.

source

:)

This.

putino 04-24-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1110094)

Yes it's the Old Hillsbrad during the Lordaeon reign. A bit later than the AU Draenor timeline however, since it's placed after the Second War and the Horde defeat on Azeroth.

Krakhed 04-24-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1110089)

Nope.

Trolls rule AU Azeroth.

There's no changing that immutable fact.

All land is Troll land, and you better just get used to that.

Skullcrusha 04-24-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krakhed (Post 1110105)
Nope.

Trolls rule AU Azeroth.

There's no changing that immutable fact.

All land is Troll land, and you better just get used to that.

Trollzeroth will not be stopped.

Kiraser 04-24-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1109917)
I asked Kosak about the Stormreavers. I doubt that he will answer, but it won't hurt to ask him anyway.

Oh, that was unexpected. The question was answered by Reward Systems Designer, Russ Petersen.

@KiraserHQ @DaveKosak this is what you get when a non-lore guy makes lore things. we'll get it corrected.

But his own sig may be viewed as a disclaimer, "My tweets are my own and do not reflect my employer."

putino 04-24-2014 11:14 AM

Well you are doing your best to shatter my dreams :(

However, I've just seen the second chaper of Azeroth Choppers. They were given a five weeks deadline to finish the job. What is interesting is that five weeks from now it's almost the release date of Wildstar. Is Blizzard planning something for that period, creating some hype with this web-series, or is it that I'm dreaming? I got a bit strange feeling about it.

Skullcrusha 04-24-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putino (Post 1110116)
Well you are doing your best to shatter my dreams :(

However, I've just seen the second chaper of Azeroth Choppers. They were given a five weeks deadline to finish the job. What is interesting is that five weeks from now it's almost the release date of Wildstar. Is Blizzard planning something for that period, creating some hype with this web-series, or is it that I'm dreaming? I got a bit strange feeling about it.

Blizzard's coincidentally timing things? Yea...happens every time.

Ujimasa Hojo 04-24-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krakhed (Post 1110105)
Nope.

All raid is Troll raid, and you better just get used to that.

Fixed.

Drusus 04-24-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

there is no Troll raid in patch 6.0

Quote:

in patch 6.0

Troll raid confirmed.

Reignac 04-24-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1110113)
Oh, that was unexpected. The question was answered by Reward Systems Designer, Russ Petersen.

@KiraserHQ @DaveKosak this is what you get when a non-lore guy makes lore things. we'll get it corrected.

But his own sig may be viewed as a disclaimer, "My tweets are my own and do not reflect my employer."

Aww. To be honest I kind of liked fisherman orcs. Gul'dan could have just taken over later.

Insane Guy of Doom 04-24-2014 11:38 AM

I find it more interesting that they have non lore guys writing the archaeology stuff when it Cata they made a big deal that "all archaeology items are heavily checked by the lore team to ensure accuracy since this profession is all about the story". Then again, as I'd mentioned before, they still have the MoP items referring to Yu'lon as male.

neoshadow 04-24-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1110137)
I find it more interesting that they have non lore guys writing the archaeology stuff when it Cata they made a big deal that "all archaeology items are heavily checked by the lore team to ensure accuracy since this profession is all about the story". Then again, as I'd mentioned before, they still have the MoP items referring to Yu'lon as male.

yu`lon, azeroths first transsexual deity?

Kiraser 04-24-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reignac (Post 1110133)
Aww. To be honest I kind of liked fisherman orcs. Gul'dan could have just taken over later.

:angry:NO RETCON SHALL PASS ON MY WATCH!!! EVEN IF IT'S GOOD, TH:angry:E-e-e-y can include an interesting lore and development without destroying parts of previously established story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom (Post 1110137)

There's gap between the work of lore department and other departments, like the quest and art ones. They don't interact with each other enough, so it was just a matter of time for something like this to pop up.

Dunno, maybe I do something wrong, considering how often I get answers for my tweets. But we can't celebrate just yet, the retcon war has only just begun. We must remain vigilant.

Torch 04-24-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1110148)
:angry:NO RETCON SHALL PASS ON MY WATCH!!! EVEN IF IT'S GOOD, TH:angry:E-e-e-y can include an interesting lore and development without destroying parts of previously established story.

Retcons, like, don't exist. They story's out there, it's with the fans! If the fans don't accept it, Blizzard can't change shit!!!1!!111111

Kiraser 04-24-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torch (Post 1110153)
Retcons, like, don't exist. They story's out there, it's with the fans! If the fans don't accept it, Blizzard can't change shit!!!1!!111111

Don't ruin the epic moment, please.

People will tell legends about this great victory during the Retcon War for hundreds of years. The hour of judgement, the very moment when Kiraser stroke Dave Kosak right into his Twitter, marked the new age of hope for this world. For the World of Warcraft. For the World of Warcraft lore.

Leviathon 04-24-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

It's the CoT instance you baddies.

Crazyterran 04-24-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1110163)
It's the CoT instance you baddies.

Escape from Durnholde, or is there a new one that features Hillsbrad (and Stromgarde)? That somehow escaped our notice and their announcements until now?

Leviathon 04-24-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyterran (Post 1110164)
Escape from Durnholde, or is there a new one that features Hillsbrad (and Stromgarde)? That somehow escaped our notice and their announcements until now?

Escape from Durnholde. But like it was already said it was just a test thing anyway and is nothing.