Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Halls of Lordaeron (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yakisoba Hungering - The International Games Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=30985)

Ashendant 12-06-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1018359)
Yes, please, tell us more about how Cuba has such a free and democratic electoral process.

You can keep running your mouth until someone named "Castro" isn't in charge...

Do you actually know how the Cuban democratic electoral system works?

Bolvar 12-06-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 1018371)
Do you actually know how the Cuban democratic electoral system works?

Again, keep telling me how "democratic" it is until someone named Castro isn't in power.

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1018378)
Again, keep telling me how "democratic" it is until someone named Castro isn't in power.

You don't understaaaaand! It's just that there's no better alternative! You know, like with Mr. Putin, our most democratic friend!

Bolvar 12-06-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018381)
You don't understaaaaand! It's just that there's no better alternative! You know, like with Mr. Putin, our most democratic friend!

Fidel Castro was the unopposed dictator of Cuba from 1959 until 2008. At that point, he handed the job over to his brother, Raul, who has been unopposed since.

These are facts. The Castro regime is longer than my lifetime. It is nearly as long as my parents' lifetime.

Yaskaleh 12-06-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018158)
(Personally, I don't really care, but I guess the figure is important for African struggle against the whitey colonialists who nobody asked to come there and put their orders)

That is kind of rewriting history. The parts of Africa that became South Africa were mostly uninhabited except for nomadic bushmen. The Englishmen, Boer and Bantu who later moved there are all colonists. The bushmen intermarried with the first european colonists and are now mostly known as coloured. They are the only ones who can claim any ancestral inheritance to the land. The Bantu didn't start to mass migrate to South Africa until later
and are now the majority of the population.

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018381)
You don't understaaaaand! It's just that there's no better alternative! You know, like with Mr. Putin, our most democratic friend!

I don't understand why Lord Eliphas sees the world the way he does. I don't know why he is accusing other people of arm chairing either.

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1018390)
That is kind of rewriting history. The parts of Africa that became South Africa were mostly uninhabited except for nomadic bushmen. The Englishmen, Boer and Bantu who later moved there are all colonists. The bushmen intermarried with the first european colonists and are now mostly known as coloured. They are the only ones who can claim any ancestral inheritance to the land. The Bantu didn't start to mass migrate to South Africa until later
and are now the majority of the population.

Be prepared for the attack by Eliphas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018392)
I don't understand why Lord Eliphas sees the world the way he does. I don't know why he is accusing other people of arm chairing either.

I think it's good that he's able to criticize his country's assholish statist bullshit, but he's wrong for believing the same bullshit from OTHER asshole states.

I mean, I get that one can get skeptical after the distilled propaganda version of history you usually hear in a school, but not to the point of buying the lies about heroics of absent minded revolutionaries-turned-dictators. ;) I'd probably still suspect us commies had I been an American!

Yaskaleh 12-06-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018393)
Be prepared for the attack by Eliphas.

He barks but there's no bite. Let him come with his marxist revisionism.

Ganishka 12-06-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018393)
Be prepared for the attack by Eliphas.


I think it's good that he's able to criticize his country's assholish statist bullshit, but he's wrong for believing the same bullshit from OTHER asshole states.

I mean, I get that one can get skeptical after the distilled propaganda version of history you usually hear in a school, but not to the point of buying the lies about heroics of absent minded revolutionaries-turned-dictators. ;) I'd probably still suspect us commies had I been an American!

Commies are the problem with America's statist bullshit as well.:)

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganishka (Post 1018402)
Commies are the problem with America's statist bullshit as well.:)

Not in the way you see it. :P

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018393)
I think it's good that he's able to criticize his country's assholish statist bullshit, but he's wrong for believing the same bullshit from OTHER asshole states.

I mean, I get that one can get skeptical after the distilled propaganda version of history you usually hear in a school, but not to the point of buying the lies about heroics of absent minded revolutionaries-turned-dictators. ;) I'd probably still suspect us commies had I been an American!

But I feel he has become purely contrarian. People that can make the leap that their nation is capable of wrong doings should be able to see the same behavior than pretty much any nation. A lot of them don't and they seem like empty rebels. The establishment isn't always a bad thing and always fighting it just for the sake of fighting it would just lead to a chaotic and worse alternative. I do believe the United States is more benevolent than not and it is my nation. It has done a lot for me and defined who I grew up to be. Universal love is completely implausible but you can keep your own house safe and in order.

But there is no reason to be fearful or resentful of the exe-communist states. It should be seen as an opportunity to turn them into friends. A lot of them are open to it and willing to work with the US. I want you 'commies' to be our friends and help validate our beliefs that communism is bad. Don't you want to be my friend Kir!

Ganishka 12-06-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018408)
But I feel he has become purely contrarian. People that can make the leap that their nation is capable of wrong doings should be able to see the same behavior than pretty much any nation. A lot of them don't and they seem like empty rebels. The establishment isn't always a bad thing and always fighting it just for the sake of fighting it would just lead to a chaotic and worse alternative. I do believe the United States is more benevolent than not and it is my nation. It has done a lot for me and defined who I grew up to be. Universal love is completely implausible but you can keep your own house safe and in order.

But there is no reason to be fearful or resentful of the exe-communist states. It should be seen as an opportunity to turn them into friends. A lot of them are open to it and willing to work with the US. I want you 'commies' to be our friends and help validate our beliefs that communism is bad. Don't you want to be my friend Kir!

I feel this is an opportune time to link this:


Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018408)
But I feel he has become purely contrarian. People that can make the leap that their nation is capable of wrong doings should be able to see the same behavior than pretty much any nation.

Thing is, this is what turns into even more bitter "rebels". The realization that everybody lies, or, rather, everybody has their own "truth" about history and politics.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018408)
But there is no reason to be fearful or resentful of the exe-communist states. It should be seen as an opportunity to turn them into friends. A lot of them are open to it and willing to work with the US. I want you 'commies' to be our friends and help validate our beliefs that communism is bad. Don't you want to be my friend Kir!

You admitted numerous times that your definition of a friend is a mind-controlled person who adheres to all of your ideals, so forgive me if I stay in the same mistrust.

If you want to make a first step, start from understanding that the "big bad thing" was not "communism" but "dictatorship" - totalitarianism if you like fancy words.

A second step would be taking a lesson from Eliphas and overviewing your country's history and especially the prolonged "democracy" without rosy glasses.

If you strive to be an equal partner, be ready to recognize one's own faults instead of sprouting annoying "superior ideology" rhetorics. The superiority is, in the end, decided by the deeds - no need to salt the wounds with badly-phrased nationalism.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganishka (Post 1018417)
I feel this is an opportune time to link this:

Don't take an escapee's words for gospel. Most of us had to stay and endure the harsh nineties, instead of running from the post-division problems.

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018418)
You admitted numerous times that your definition of a friend is a mind-controlled person who adheres to all of your ideals, so forgive me if I stay in the same mistrust.

If you want to make a first step, start from understanding that the "big bad thing" was not "communism" but "dictatorship" - totalitarianism if you like fancy words.

A second step would be taking a lesson from Eliphas and overviewing your country's history and especially the prolonged "democracy" without rosy glasses.

If you strive to be an equal partner, be ready to recognize one's own faults instead of sprouting annoying "superior ideology" rhetorics. The superiority is, in the end, decided by the deeds - no need to salt the wounds with badly-phrased nationalism.

:(

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pajamasalad (Post 1018423)
:(

;)

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018425)
;)

Your happy avatar deceived me! It made you seem all cheery and friendly.

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018428)
Your happy avatar deceived me! It made you seem all cheery and friendly.

:kawaii:

SmokeBlader 12-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018428)
Your happy avatar deceived me! It made you seem all cheery and friendly.

By ''friend'' do you mean ''resources''?

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018434)
:kawaii:

Why you got to not like me Kir!

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018440)
Why you got to not like me Kir!

:nuts:

Bolvar 12-06-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018418)

If you strive to be an equal partner, be ready to recognize one's own faults instead of sprouting annoying "superior ideology" rhetorics. The superiority is, in the end, decided by the deeds - no need to salt the wounds with badly-phrased nationalism.

Psh. Only someone inferior wants everyone to be "equal."

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1018447)
Psh. Only someone inferior wants everyone to be "equal."

Too bad nobody wants to accept being "inferior". :P

PajamaSalad 12-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018446)
:nuts:

That face is pointing towards your avatar. I think you maybe the crazy one Kir.

Kir the Wizard 12-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1018451)
That face is pointing towards your avatar. I think you maybe the crazy one Kir.

:rolleyes:

Ganishka 12-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1018418)
You admitted numerous times that your definition of a friend is a mind-controlled person who adheres to all of your ideals, so forgive me if I stay in the same mistrust.

If you want to make a first step, start from understanding that the "big bad thing" was not "communism" but "dictatorship" - totalitarianism if you like fancy words.

A second step would be taking a lesson from Eliphas and overviewing your country's history and especially the prolonged "democracy" without rosy glasses.

If you strive to be an equal partner, be ready to recognize one's own faults instead of sprouting annoying "superior ideology" rhetorics. The superiority is, in the end, decided by the deeds - no need to salt the wounds with badly-phrased nationalism.

You say this, yet you view your own ideology with rosy glasses. The superiority is, indeed, decided by the deeds of the ideology. Communism has made itself quite well known through its deeds of slaughtering all the opposition, and leaving nothing by poverty and class warfare bullshit in it's wake. Also, don't give me that bull about "true Communism has never been tried!". "True" Communism can only be gained by totalitarian means, and than the government willingly giving up power once "equality" has become a reality. The first flaw with Marx's idiocy is that no government willingly gives up power. The second flaw is that complete egalitarian equality is impossible in a large scale society.


Quote:

Don't take an escapee's words for gospel. Most of us had to stay and endure the harsh nineties, instead of running from the post-division problems.
He fled because of Socialism and it's crippling effects on his country. If you had a way out, you would have probably took it, too. Many people were shot trying to get into West Berlin, over the Berlin Wall.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.