Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Halls of Lordaeron (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yakisoba Hungering - The International Games Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=30985)

Ma Caque Attaque 01-21-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1552731)
Top kek.

You know that it would be epic in the American Politics. Kakky is doing a job of holding up the Left, but Miffy is on a whole another level.

The AP thread would be burning... BURNING

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1552807)
You know that it would be epic in the American Politics. Kakky is doing a job of holding up the Left, but Miffy is on a whole another level.

The AP thread would be burning... BURNING

I don't get what is with the left and being empty snarky assholes. It is so common to deal with someone that thinks like that but never offers any sort of elaboration on their ideas but seems to get off because they believe something and other people don't. It it the Miffy and Spidey personality. Not enough intelligence to offer explanations for their ideas but enough ideological narcissism to think that makes the better than other people.

Insipid_Lobster 01-21-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552810)
I don't get what is with the left and being empty snarky assholes. It is so common to deal with someone that thinks like that but never offers any sort of elaboration on their ideas but seems to get off because they believe something and other people don't. It it the Miffy and Spidey personality. Not enough intelligence to offer explanations for their ideas but enough ideological narcissism to think that makes the better than other people.

Honestly the same goes for the left or right, it just depends on where abouts you are on the Internet. It's all the same but with a different twist. Neither side is better than the other and there are merits to both leanings, it's just a shame how divisive everything has gotten.

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster (Post 1552811)
Honestly the same goes for the left or right, it just depends on where abouts you are on the Internet. It's all the same but with a different twist. Neither side is better than the other and there are merits to both leanings, it's just a shame how divisive everything has gotten.

It isn't a distinction that should exist. If I wanted to be more detailed people who distrust business, police, defense, but uncritically support government control of the economy tend to attract a lot of empty snarky assholes. Jon Stewart is just a symptom of that although I am sure he inspired a lot of them as have other comedians like him. Nothing could be more frustrating than pointing out legitimate concerns and grievances and being ridiculed because those people only care about themselves. It just makes the schadenfreude that much sweeter when they inevitable collapse. Obama was like this too. I just don't understand what makes it so appealing to do and why anyone would think it would make people fall in line.

SmokeBlader 01-21-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552810)
I don't get what is with the left and being empty snarky assholes. It is so common to deal with someone that thinks like that but never offers any sort of elaboration on their ideas but seems to get off because they believe something and other people don't. It it the Miffy and Spidey personality. Not enough intelligence to offer explanations for their ideas but enough ideological narcissism to think that makes the better than other people.

Spidey is cool, I'd not compare him with Miffy. The only black sheep is Kakamaka but only because (you people) feed him.

spidey1980 01-21-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552810)
I don't get what is with the left and being empty snarky assholes.

You realize how idiotic that sounds with people like Hammer or Yaska on your side?
Quote:

It is so common to deal with someone that thinks like that but never offers any sort of elaboration on their ideas but seems to get off because they believe something and other people don't. It it the Miffy and Spidey personality. Not enough intelligence to offer explanations for their ideas but enough ideological narcissism to think that makes the better than other people.
What would you want me to explain? Why I don't like egotistical jerks who are only focused on their personal gain, the rest of the world be damned, even though we all live on the same fucking piece of rock and its the only piece of rock we have?

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 06:58 PM

Sure Hammerbrew and Yaska can be angry but it isn't the same snark. It was an observation. It is frustrating for me to say anything good about a business or military or critical about a government agency and just get a bunch of empty snark. There is no where to go from there. It is just basically a battle to see who can out snob everyone else like a verbal spar.

Most people aren't trying to deliberately ruin the world. Most people believe their cause is just. Not everyone sees altruism or selfishness the same way. Not everyone agrees what is the best method to get people what they want in life.

Kellick 01-21-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552938)
Sure Hammerbrew and Yaska can be angry but it isn't the same snark.

Meanwhile, Mutters says pretty much ANYTHING and people reply by spamming kek, or whatever the latest /pol/ meme happens to be that day.

You may not detect it as such, but hot damn is it the same shit every day.

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1552949)
Meanwhile, Mutters says pretty much ANYTHING and people reply by spamming kek, or whatever the latest /pol/ meme happens to be that day.

You may not detect it as such, but hot damn is it the same shit every day.

Mutters told me I grew up into a nasty human being and tries to invalidate my grievances instead of addressing them. Since when was a proper way to deal with other humans was seeing how well you could justify everything in your favor?

Kellick 01-21-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552952)
Mutters told me I grew up into a nasty human being and tries to invalidate my grievances instead of addressing them. Since when was a proper way to deal with other humans was seeing how well you could justify everything in your favor?

If so, that's dickish.

But it's not particularly different than effacing entire world views by saying "Oh your political inclination is predicated on deliberately forcing people into poverty, so you're a horrible person whom I can ignore in good conscience."

Mutterscrawl 01-21-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552952)
Mutters told me I grew up into a nasty human being and tries to invalidate my grievances instead of addressing them. Since when was a proper way to deal with other humans was seeing how well you could justify everything in your favor?

I apologized since I said that, and I'll apologize again. It was wrong of me to say those things to you PJ, they were unkind and cruel and you did not deserve them.

That said, you are lying here, I have not tried to invalidate your grievances, I have made every effort to have a discussion with you on these subjects and you have repeatedly refused.

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1552960)
If so, that's dickish.

But it's not particularly different than effacing entire world views by saying "Oh your political inclination is predicated on deliberately forcing people into poverty, so you're a horrible person whom I can ignore in good conscience."

I didn't say they were horrible people I can ignore in good conscience. I just said that the party benefits politically when more people are on assistance. I want a welfare system that gets people out of poverty so they don't need it anymore so they can pay taxes and the government can spend less on it. Instead I get told I want poor people to suffer in the streets. I am not Ayn Rand. I am sick of it being framed as a lack of compassion.

C9H20 01-21-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552974)
I didn't say they were horrible people I can ignore in good conscience. I just said that the party benefits politically when more people are on assistance. I want a welfare system that gets people out of poverty so they don't need it anymore so they can pay taxes and the government can spend less on it. Instead I get told I want poor people to suffer in the streets. I am not Ayn Rand. I am sick of it being framed as a lack of compassion.

Eh, you often come off as the machurian candidate for neoliberalism. I wouldn't be half surprised if in 20-30 years you are their presidential candidate :P

PajamaSalad 01-21-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C9H20 (Post 1552978)
Eh, you often come off as the machurian candidate for neoliberalism. I wouldn't be half surprised if in 20-30 years you are their presidential candidate :P

Do you think I would win?

Mutterscrawl 01-21-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1552989)
Do you think I would win?

That would depend on who you are running against.

Hammerbrew 01-22-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1552949)
Meanwhile, Mutters says pretty much ANYTHING and people reply by spamming kek, or whatever the latest /pol/ meme happens to be that day.

You may not detect it as such, but hot damn is it the same shit every day.

Because the vast majority of what he posts is him being a massive dickhead with severe double standards.

Mutterscrawl 01-22-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1553110)
Because the vast majority of what he posts is him being a massive dickhead with severe double standards.

Only because you strawman me and my beliefs.

Kakwakas 01-22-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1553110)
Because the vast majority of what he posts is him being a massive dickhead with severe double standards.

I can smell your intellectual dishonesty from here, Hammerbrew.

Hammerbrew 01-22-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakwakas (Post 1553202)
I can smell your intellectual dishonesty from here, Hammerbrew.

Coming from you, that's a compliment.

Thanks sugartits.

Kakwakas 01-22-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1553206)
Coming from you, that's a compliment.

Thanks sugartits.

The vast majority of what you post is you being a massive dickhead with severe double standards.

PajamaSalad 01-22-2017 09:42 PM

Tu quoque

Kellick 01-23-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1553460)
Tu quoque

no u

Drusus 01-26-2017 04:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pWjNRPS.jpg

PajamaSalad 01-26-2017 09:36 PM

Report: Afghan Migrants Arrested in Facebook Live Rape Case

Will they get in trouble?

Mutterscrawl 01-26-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajamaSalad (Post 1554627)

They are arrested so they are already in trouble aren't they?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.