Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Halls of Lordaeron (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yakisoba Hungering - The International Games Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=30985)

Yaskaleh 02-27-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drusus (Post 1269352)

Of course, how stupid of me. It was Putin himself that spat a bullet at the guy. I mean, 86% support isn't enoguh, he has to gain that <1% by killing the guy so that those few becomes demoralised and have to join him. It'd be perfect, done outside of the Kremlin to show what balls Putin have with a young Ukrainian women as witness so that ukraine can understand how small balls they have compared to Putin.
It.All.Makes.So.Much.Sense.
Now those few protesters will dwindle away as they understand how small balls they have compared to Putin's Deathstar balls.

Is that retarded enough for ya?

Insipid_Lobster 02-27-2015 06:44 PM

It's a false flag!!! Just like Litvenenko in London!!!

Honestly, this reeks of shady shit. Guy who opposed Putin and the trouble in Ukraine turns up dead like a fair amount of other anti-Putin people. Yeaaaah~ A lot of coincidental gun crime going on in Moscow.

SmokeBlader 02-27-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1269350)
The eyes of Putin are upon you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drusus (Post 1269352)
Only the STRONG may dwell in Moscow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynrind (Post 1269355)
You will serve Russia or be crushed beneath it.

Anyone who would rise against my new empire will be impaled upon the spires of Moscow!

EdWunclerIII 02-27-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1269359)
Of course, how stupid of me. It was Putin himself that spat a bullet at the guy. I mean, 86% support isn't enoguh, he has to gain that <1% by killing the guy so that those few becomes demoralised and have to join him. It'd be perfect, done outside of the Kremlin to show what balls Putin have with a young Ukrainian women as witness so that ukraine can understand how small balls they have compared to Putin.
Now those few protesters will dwindle away as they understand how small balls they have compared to Putin's Deathstar balls.

It's actually less retarded than 95% of the things you say irt Ukraine.

Yaskaleh 02-27-2015 06:53 PM

There's some interesting facts concerning the young women. Seems that the information that she had recently come from kiev were false. According to her flight plan she had recently come back to Moscow from Switzerland.
Quote:

Investigators are considering a personal motive scenario of the killing, as well as an contract killing by the Ukrainian sponsors of Nemtsov.

Izvestia reports that the investigators are considering several possible scenarios of Nemtsov’s murder. They are not excluding the possibility he was killed for ordinary personal reasons.

“The young woman who was with Nemtsov at the moment of his murder is a citizen of Ukraine. We have established that she recently flew from Moscow to Switzerland to have an abortion. The investigators are trying to establish whether Nemtsov was her only partner, and we are not excluding the possibility there was a personal conflict over her,” notes a highly placed law enforcement source.

Nemtsov himself went to Ukraine on many occasions and had many contacts with the representatives of the local political and business elites, which represent the “party of war.”

“They could have given him means to destabilize the situation in Russia. They could have well expected him to use the money to create a schism within the Russian society. However, there was no schism, rather the opposite—there was a consolidation. Once they realized there was no result the sponsors decided to get rid of the politician who could not carry out his task,” the same source describes the second scenario.

The third scenario also has political character.

“This could have been a contract killing whose objective was to strike a blow against the government through a provocation. Both internal and external adversaries may have chosen their “victim” to destabilize the situation in Russia. Nevertheless, one must express surprise at the choice of the target. Given the record-high popularity of the current government, Nemtsov was little more than an average person who played a minimal role in society,” states the law enforcement source.

Those and other scenarios will be thoroughly investigated by the law enforcement.

As a reminder, Nemtsov was killed on Friday night in the center of Moscow on the Bolshoy Moskvoretskiy bridge.

According to preliminary information, the killer fired at least seven times at Nemtsov, hitting him in the back, then left the scene. Nemtsov died on the scene. The young woman who was with him was not injured.

J.Hawk's Comment: I suppose the fourth scenario would be that the Russian government had him killed, but that one is the least plausible of all. This is simply not how politics are conducted in Russia these days. Of the scenarios above, the personal motive actually sounds the most plausible at the moment. It seems unlikely that Nemtsov could have obtained large sums of money and disposed of them without attracting anyone's notice. Even if he did misuse them, why kill him? He would still be useful to the Ukrainians alive. There's always a possibility Ukraine's "war party" needed a martyr, of course, so their involvement cannot be ruled out entirely.

However, in the end, it does not seem coincidental that the young woman in question, a 23-year-old actress-model Anna Duritskaya, a native of Kiev, was with Nemtsov at the moment of his killing. She might have had other lovers; she most likely has relatives. At least one of them might not have been happy with her lifestyle choice. Moreover, a contract killer would have likely a) not needed to fire seven shots and b) would not have left a live witness on the scene.

PajamaSalad 02-27-2015 06:55 PM

I don't see how killing that guy as a false flag would make any sense. How does him dying benefit any of Putin's opponents?

Gromak 02-27-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster (Post 1269361)
It's a false flag!!! Just like Litvenenko in London!!!

Honestly, this reeks of shady shit. Guy who opposed Putin and the trouble in Ukraine turns up dead like a fair amount of other anti-Putin people. Yeaaaah~ A lot of coincidental gun crime going on in Moscow.

Was about to say that. This is just so obvious, it almost hurts.

Drusus 02-27-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1269359)

As opposed to trying to scare his opponents into hiding/"don't fuck with me or you get killed."

Yaskaleh 02-27-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1269372)
I don't see how killing that guy as a false flag would make any sense. How does him dying benefit any of Putin's opponents?

The only way is if it puts blame unto Putin, somehow resulting in a public revolt. Which is probably not likely at all. I have to admit I could be wrong, it seem to point more towards a personal matter. Though I still consider Avakov or someone of his guys to be capable of this. He has removed problematic people before, like one of the right Sector leaders after Maidan, who got shot to death at a cafe when he was to be arrested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drusus (Post 1269374)
As opposed to trying to scare his opponents into hiding/"don't fuck with me or you get killed."

That could in theory be a plausible scenario if Putin had under 60% support and the guy were his largest opponent. that isn't the case as the largest opponent he has right now according to polls are Strelkov or the communist leader, and Strelkov only had 17% support in that poll.

Dithon1 02-27-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1269273)
They think they have identified Jihadi John.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...6ee_story.html

A FAL is not an assault rifle. Get your facts right, Washingtonpost.

PajamaSalad 02-27-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1269376)
The only way is if it puts blame unto Putin, somehow resulting in a public revolt. Which is probably not likely at all. I have to admit I could be wrong, it seem to point more towards a personal matter. Though I still consider Avakov or someone of his guys to be capable of this. He has removed problematic people before, like one of the right Sector leaders after Maidan, who got shot to death at a cafe when he was to be arrested.

I just feel like Putin tries to offer a pretext to some of these deliberate actions but a lot of the world sees right through it. He didn't admit to the invasion in Crimea until afterwards even though people didn't really buy into what he was saying before. The world has good reasons to be suspicious. Even if it was just a random killing I am sure the shooter is a Putin supporter.

Yaskaleh 02-27-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1269380)
I just feel like Putin tries to offer a pretext to some of these deliberate actions but a lot of the world sees right through it. He didn't admit to the invasion in Crimea until afterwards even though people didn't really buy into what he was saying before. The world has good reasons to be suspicious. Even if it was just a random killing I am sure the shooter is a Putin supporter.

Well, it is the highest chance of, if it's a russian citizen with his 86% support.

Shroombie 02-27-2015 07:20 PM

Yaska, just because you personally do not like or agree with modern western culture and morality does not mean that anyone or any country that is opposed to it is free of guilt or blame.

PajamaSalad 02-27-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1269385)
Well, it is the highest chance of, if it's a russian citizen with his 86% support.

If someone called you on the phone in Russia and asked you the opinion of the leader would you really tell them you disapproved? How respected is freedom of opinion in Russia?

Yaskaleh 02-27-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1269387)
If someone called you on the phone in Russia and asked you the opinion of the leader would you really tell them you disapproved? How respected is freedom of opinion in Russia?

Better than it used to. It can always improve.

Quote:

What worries me most is that the Russian security services did not see this one coming and let it happen. This is a major failure for the FSB which will now have a lot at stake to find out who did it.
The guy has a point. either they knew and did nothing or they're not the supermassive agency that some say they are.

PajamaSalad 02-27-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 1269388)
Better than it used to. It can always improve.

But it is hard to take opinion polls seriously in a country like that.

Korath 02-28-2015 05:13 AM

Concerning Boris Nemtsov, the guy had received death threats from the nationalists (who happens to support Putin) fifteen days ago and all his demonstrations had been affected by nationalists attacking the demonstrators, with the police never doing anything to pursue the offenders. And suddenly, while economically Russia is getting worse and worse, a time where is message could be heard more by the masses, he get killed in range of the cameras which are placed on the Kremlin.

And yet, I would have to even think for a second that Ukrainians, with their gruelling difficulties, both economics and military, would have the enough money to fund Nemtsov ? That's ludicrous.

Ragnahar 02-28-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shroombie (Post 1269386)
Yaska, just because you personally do not like or agree with modern western culture and morality does not mean that anyone or any country that is opposed to it is free of guilt or blame.

There we go. Any leader that gets 86% of anything positive should have their numbers, heavily, heavily doubted.

PajamaSalad 02-28-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnahar (Post 1269479)
There we go. Any leader that gets 86% of anything positive should have their numbers, heavily, heavily doubted.

It isn't just that. It is the fact that people in that country have been arrested for the things they say. They passed a law that makes homosexual propaganda illegal.

Hammerbrew 02-28-2015 07:07 AM

Let's not forget, this is Russia we're talking about.

There's always the very real chance this was simply Russian Mob related (Gambling debts, whores, drugs - he'd hardly be the first Politician involved in one or all of them). They've never been afraid of killing anyone, anywhere.

Taintedmage 02-28-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1269483)
Let's not forget, this is Russia we're talking about.

There's always the very real chance this was simply Russian Mob related (Gambling debts, whores, drugs - he'd hardly be the first Politician involved in one or all of them). They've never been afraid of killing anyone, anywhere.

True but from some of the Wikileaks stuff back in 2010 reveal, Russia may basically be a mafia state.

When there are close ties between the Mafia and the government, it's always possible for them to basically be the dirty hand of the state.

ijffdrie 02-28-2015 07:51 AM

Please tell me the guardian is a parody newspaper.

Which race are his political opponents supposed to be prejudiced against anyway? I'm pretty sure astrology was or is practised basically everywhere.

Also,

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/nevada-republican-says-cancer-is-a-fungus-you-can-flush-out-with-salt-water/
“If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing with, say, salt water, sodium cardonate through that line and flushing out the fungus,” Fiore said on her radio show over the weekend. “These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.”

American news media may tend to be partial as heck, but they do find fun stuff.

Hammerbrew 02-28-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1269507)

Sadly, it's not.

Disgusting bunch of hypocritical Left-Wing wankers, I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.

(And Smoke, before you post your usual, even idiots like Piers Morgan, as much a Libtard as you can find, have called it the above, it's not just me.)

Aneurysm 02-28-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1269521)
Sadly, it's not.

Disgusting bunch of hypocritical Left-Wing wankers, I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.

(And Smoke, before you post your usual, even idiots like Piers Morgan, as much a Libtard as you can find, have called it the above, it's not just me.)

Lolwat? There are people who like Piers Morgan?

Hammerbrew 02-28-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurysm (Post 1269524)
Lolwat? There are people who like Piers Morgan?

I said I liked him where? :raisedbro