Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Halls of Lordaeron (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yakisoba Hungering - The International Games Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=30985)

Ma Caque Attaque 08-19-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

The citizens of Gibraltar have been asked if they wish to remain a British protectorate or if they wish to join Spain, and they have overwhelmingly voted to remain British.

I fully support the United Kingdom on this issue.
I saw what Spain looked like in an episode of Top Gear a few weeks back. I'd stay with the UK as well.....

Ashendant 08-19-2013 04:11 PM

Forgot to post the link here it is

http://www.enetenglish.gr/?i=news.en.article&id=1353

Lord Eliphas 08-19-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 938287)
Isn't that punishable by law in Germany? There are more neo-nazis who do that in America or Russia than Germany.

They use the Imperial Flag.

White Black and Red

Shroombie 08-19-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaskaleh (Post 937873)
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads...9118283228.jpg

There are some things you avoid like the plague Ashendant, if you know what's good for you. Just a friendly advice.

There's no grand fucking Jewish conspiracy, people. If you want to criticize something, go for it. I personally think the creation of Israel as a modern state was a stupid idea. Just don't be an asshat that's surprised when other people call you out for it.

Now, I'm sorry. Where were we? Something something Gibraltar?

Omacron 08-19-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shroombie (Post 938369)
Something something Gibraltar?

Something something Leonard Bernstein.

PajamaSalad 08-19-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

There's no grand fucking Jewish conspiracy, people. If you want to criticize something, go for it. I personally think the creation of Israel as a modern state was a stupid idea. Just don't be an asshat that's surprised when other people call you out for it.

I will protect you Shroombie!

Ashendant 08-19-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

I wasn't surprised at all, I kinda was expecting it to happen, in fact that reaction was exactly why I said that (under the Spitocles of Cynicism everyone is a dick from jews to atheists to the british to australians to the japanese(I guess the people from New Zealand are okay)). The failure to address the following point and using the incorrect terms to "call me out for it" was what annoyed me.

Yeah Gilbraltar. Like I said it comes down to a few good points. From Spain side there's all the points Lon-Ami mentioned. From British side there is the spanish fishermen sea-rape.

EDITNOTE:I also don't believe in a Jewish Conspiracy. *Wink*

Grunn 08-19-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

The thread does seem to have gone back to the 1920s a bit, I was half expecting the elders of Zion to be brought up.

Ashendant 08-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grunn (Post 938407)
The thread does seem to have gone back to the 1920s a bit, I was half expecting the elders of Zion to be brought up.

I'm going to have to check that on google.

Yaskaleh 08-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Oh, I hardly care about any such conspiracy's existence or not, I just love to bring Voltaire into everything. A man wise enough for all ages and times. Besides, I've got a few friends who started to say stuff like ashendant and it didn't end well for them.

Millenia 08-20-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 939022)
I will never understand why people do drugs like that.

Read, and the horrified for all of ten minutes.

Then go back to your easy peasy life, wherein the worst that happens is that you're called naive by strangers on the internet. ;)

Lord Eliphas 08-20-2013 09:57 PM

So, Paj.

How do you view this

Lowtide 08-20-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 938287)
Isn't that punishable by law in Germany? There are more neo-nazis who do that in America or Russia than Germany.

It is.
Outside of art, science and education.

There was a case where a district court persecuted a guy selling merchandise with crossed out swastikas and the "Nazis raus" slogan. I think he got off the hook, no idea if they changed the law though, back then, even a crossed out swastika was forbidden.

Oh, pretty much everything Nazi related is. Uniforms, flags, symbols, greetings, you name it. Hammer and sickle used to be forbidden as well, because they were associated with the Communist party in Germany (which is forbidden). But they changed that, I think.

HlaaluStyle 08-20-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowtide (Post 939297)
It is.
Outside of art, science and education.

There was a case where a district court persecuted a guy selling merchandise with crossed out swastikas and the "Nazis raus" slogan. I think he got off the hook, no idea if they changed the law though, back then, even a crossed out swastika was forbidden.

Oh, pretty much everything Nazi related is. Uniforms, flags, symbols, greetings, you name it. Hammer and sickle used to be forbidden as well, because they were associated with the Communist party in Germany (which is forbidden). But they changed that, I think.

When I went to Berlin there were a lot of kiosks selling old Soviet/East German paraphernalia, replete with the hammer and sickle. There were some places selling Nazi uniforms as well, though I'm pretty sure that the offending iconography had been removed. Still, you could tell where they'd come from. It wasn't some kind of fly-by-night street vendor either, it was an established shop.

Lowtide 08-21-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destron (Post 939309)
When I went to Berlin there were a lot of kiosks selling old Soviet/East German paraphernalia, replete with the hammer and sickle. There were some places selling Nazi uniforms as well, though I'm pretty sure that the offending iconography had been removed. Still, you could tell where they'd come from. It wasn't some kind of fly-by-night street vendor either, it was an established shop.

I checked, the Hammer and Sickle thing was "mellowed" because, nowadays, the symbol is more associated with the UDSSR than the KPD (I wager most Germans don't even know them).
I wasn't clear, sorry: if you feel like owning Nazi crap, it's perfectly fine. If I felt like it, I could decorate my entire room with swastika wallpaper (it would spell a lot of trouble if any policemen ever entered my room though). You're just not allowed to show Nazi related stuff in public unless it's related to education, art or science. Selling and owning uniforms is okay as well (as long as, again, they show no Nazi iconography). You're not allowed to wear them as sign of your political persuasion though. And you shouldn't if your value your health.

Lord Eliphas 08-21-2013 03:38 AM

So. Why not ban the imperial symbol too.

PajamaSalad 08-21-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenia (Post 939254)
Read, and the horrified for all of ten minutes.

Then go back to your easy peasy life, wherein the worst that happens is that you're called naive by strangers on the internet. ;)

I have never been unappreciated of my American life. I have said that being born into the United States is one of the luckiest things I could of done. I just want to support it and make sure it stays great for the next generation. Contribute more to society than I take from it before I die. Since I didn't start paying taxes until I was 18 and I benefited from public schools, roads, police, and fire department I have a long time to pay society back. People I know that have lived in other countries from the United States always tell me the United States is the best.

I am aware of the different horrors in the rest of the world. Being called naive is problematic but it isn't completely hostile. It isn't like people hate me for having a dissenting opinion.

SmokeBlader 08-21-2013 05:56 AM

Try to be a rebel while you're still young.

PajamaSalad 08-21-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 939386)
Try to be a rebel while you're still young.

There are enough young people that do that. I rather be grateful and appreciative of all the things I received while I was young and vulnerable. I can grow up and pay back society now and take care of my parents when they get old and vulnerable. Society was good to me and I don't think a lot of rebellious youth understand how good they have/had it.

SmokeBlader 08-21-2013 06:07 AM

You sound too old for your age. It's unnatural.

PajamaSalad 08-21-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 939390)
You sound too old for your age. It's unnatural.

I thought I was young and naive?

SmokeBlader 08-21-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 939393)
I thought I was young and naive?

Remember what I told you. :P

Nazja 08-21-2013 06:27 AM

Doesn't really sound old to me. :P

SmokeBlader 08-21-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 939395)
Doesn't really sound old to me. :P

Party pooper.

Nazja 08-21-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 939398)
Party pooper.

So your plan was to make PJ seem less naive via peer-pressuring others into following your lead? :kawaii: